How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

How much it cost for the EP??

All EP fees must be paid for by the employer , not you.
The fee is small anyway, around S$70.

Ahh okay.. what about tourist visa is it payable too?? If it is, how much it is? And valid for how many years??

Thank you

A tourist visa (SVP) is usually valid for 30 days, but can be extended (after arrival in Singapore) up to 90 days if you have a valid reason for visiting that long.
The fee for SVP application is S$30.

Thank you so much, you don't know how happy i am you help me a lot

Hi,

Just wondering what are the external agencies that MoM need to process the EP?

Mom usually veriies your educational certificates with the issuing school or institution, and your work experience with previous employers. Other information you gave might also be checked.
In many countries, MoM engages external (“vetting”) agencies to perform these inquiries. They do not publish whom they work with in which country.

Thanks beppi.
In case the education was obtain in local university (NTU or NUS) does it need agency anymore?

No.

Hmm... my EP is under vetting by agencies since 10 October,  now is still pending and my certificate is from local university. Just wondering why they need more time?

They are checking your credentials from your home country or other countries where you lived before.

Actually,  I am not worried about the credentials. I am just worried about the offered salary. They offer me 5k for fresh PhD. is it too high? But it should not be under vetting by agency right?

The salary you are offered is low.
But that has no influence on vetting or not.

Wow.. really. I thought it is high already. Because another company offered me 4.5k. Thanks for your info beppi

I am just curious how are they going to check the background in our home country where we live ? What is the purpose? Especially if we study in Singapore for 8 years?

Vetting agency work is to verify the authenticity of the experience and educational certificates. If you have provided any such certificate or experience then it's vetting agency work to find out the authenticity including your background verification check.

There were too many cheaters in the past, who thought they can submit fake certificates or information from their home or other countries and MoM would never know. That is no longer possible.

All my certificates are based on Singapore university( undergraduates, PhD and some work experience) but still need more time to verify.

As I said earlier, vetting agency has multiple roles here. Their main work is to verify your documents (education and experience certificates), but they too verify the employer credentials as well if the employer is a consultant or a vendor who provides employees to big players in the market.

Lastly, it also verify the background check of an employee. So, it's difficult to say what's the vetting agency going to do in your case. You can find out apart from your certificates completed at local university here, did you declare any other educational certification or previous job experience outside Singapore? Good luck

Finally my EP is approved on 26 Oct. Yeah.
First apply 16 August
Rejected 10 September due to job ads issue
Reapply 27 September
Vetting on 9 October
Vetting from agencies 10 October
Approved 26 October.  All the best for those who are still waiting. Eventually you will get it

Congratulations and welcome to your new job in Singapore!
2.5 months processing time is still within the normal range.

Surprisingly that the online system is still showing rejected but I have received the IPA.

I checked the system today and it shows "approved" and the employer is saying they have not received any IPA or notification from MOM yet. How long does it take for MOM to send notification to the employer? btw my EP took almost 2 months and when I checked this morning it said approved.

bronze32 wrote:

I checked the system today and it shows "approved" and the employer is saying they have not received any IPA or notification from MOM yet. How long does it take for MOM to send notification to the employer? btw my EP took almost 2 months and when I checked this morning it said approved.

Employer notification and issuance of IPA takes a few days.
If nothing happens within a week, the employer should contact MoM.

Thank you! bcz when i asked the employer they said it's still in process. I did not mention anything about the online status. I have waited for 2 month can wait for some more time in order to get notification from the right channel :) thanks a bunch for your help. cheers

What's  your status now ? I have a similar situation now

Hi All,

Earlier this year (January 2018) I received a Work Holiday Pass from MOM in order to intern for a large tech MNC within Singapore.

Once I finished my 6-month internship, I returned home to the US. Recently, I received an offer to return as a full-time employee.

I find that I fit all the qualifications for an EP and have tested this with MOM's SAT tool.

However, during my time in Singapore I had two police encounters (neither criminal).
The first was for a noise complaint (didn't know of 10:30 noise regulations) and the second was for a dispute with my landlord, in which they recommended I go to the small claims tribunal.

I know that it is difficult to tell, but are these encounters likely to affect my ability to receive an EP? I know that MOM will check on them and the paranoia is getting to me.

Thank you in advance for your help!

As long as you were not convicted, the encounters will have no effect.

Hi all,

My company submited the EP application on 17th/Oct/2018, it has been 14 days now, but it is still "We need inputs from other agencies...". I am so nervous about this, because other colleagues have got their EP.

Time line:

Application: 17/10/2018
“We need inputs from other agencies...” 18/20/2018
still wait

Thanks

How long the vetting stage takes depends on how quick these agencioes in your home country work and how fast your educational institutions and previous employers respond to them. It can be a few weeks, or months.
There is nothing you can do but wait. Patience is a virtue.

Hi Beppi,

Thanks for your kindly help. I will update later if it has been approved. Thanks.

Hi all.... I have received the in principle approval but I noticed that the S pass requirements need a passport with 7 months prior to expired. So I apply for extending passport and still in process. But I remember usually the number of new passport will be different with the old one. Is this going to be a problem? Should I report this changes to mom?

You can come with your old passport (must have 6months validity from your arrival date).

Once you enter then immediately apply new passport here, visit BLS centre (authorised agency for submitting passport application).

Once you get new passport, update to MoM and others including your employer. Good luck

Note: If you have already applied for new passport, then travel only after your IPA letter update with new passport number to avoid any trouble at immigration checkpoint.

Hello..

Im currently holding epass.i work here in singapore for almost 9yrs in 3companies..all epass..
Now i apply in other company.they apply my pass by agency.
Oct 15 applied
Oct 16 pending
After 1week they ask for additional documents..and the company and agency just submit the documents this week..

Hi surya2k,

I have resigned and my S pass has been cancelled in the end of September 2018. I have paid for my tax bill in May 2018 for this year assessment. Do I need to ask my employer about tax clearance? So far they haven't informed me anything.

Now I am holding a visit pass and my new employer applied S pass for me. The status is as follows:
29 Oct: Application submitted. Status: pending
2 Nov: We need inputs from other agencies....

If you read other threads, I had told numerous times that before releasing your final salary (a foreigner), employer must have computed and clear your tax. If your pass is still pending at the time of your visit pass ends, you must have to leave country. Good luck

Hi all,

I'd like to ask whether the website will update during Saturday or Sunday. Thanks a lot.

Thanks

Hi all,

I got my EP today. This is the time line:

Application: 17/10/2018
"We need inputs from other agencies...": 19/10/2018
Approved: 5/11/2018

Best Wishes.

Congratulations, wow it is considered too fast. Can u share it background,  e.g. education and experience in spore.

Hi ,

Thank you. I don't think it is fast, my classmates got their EP in around 1 week. They don't have "We need inputs..." status, they are from "Pending" to "Approved" directly. I think it may be at ramdom.
I graduated from local university without any work experience. Best wishes to all of you.

Thank you.