How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

My company applied for DP for my wife on 19 Dec 2018. Status is pending since then. I heard generally it takes couple of weeks to upto 2 weeks to get the approval. Since I haven't received it yet does that mean something is wrong with the application? Salary criteria is of 6K is being met. - Thanks

Nothing wrong, it just takes longer. Be patient!
If it is getting urgent, your employer can reach out to MoM about it.

Thanks, Beppi. Really appreciate your response. In that case, I will continue to wait patiently for couple of more weeks before requesting the HR team to reach out to MoM. No point in bothering MoM team also as they must be processing requests as quickly as they can - Regards

Morning Guys,

Took a bit of time but DP is approved now. Thanks, beppi and Surya for the bringing the calmness here. Have a great day ahead.

Best

Just to update. My EP is finally approved.
Date of application: 20-Nov-2018
Date of approval: 16-Jan-2019.

Close to 2 months wait. During the approval process, MOM has stated that they require inputs from other agencies to process my application. I was told that means they are doing some background check such as loans, records, etc.

Good luck to all!

Congrats...

Mine applied oct 15,2018.mom ask for additional documents(company)
Submit nov 6,2018..
Until now pending..hoping the result will come out soon..pray pray pray

Hey guys.

Share my EP application process result as below:
28 Dec 2018:applied
11 Jan 2019:rejected
that is the processing period.

My company just said the reason of rejection is couldnt identify due to system down on that day.
They try to help me appealling, process may up to 5 weeks as their feedback
Just waiting.

patient is a virtue. Good luck.
Cheers.

Dear All,

Just sharing an update for my application.
My timelines are shown below:

Jan 3 : Application submitted
Jan 4 - 15 : Pending
Jan 16 : Approved

All in all it took 14 days.

Hopes it help!  All the best to all ~ Good luck for those who still waiting for the approval.

Finally got my approval..
3months and 9days to be exact..
Goodluck and godbless everyone..god is good all the time..amen

hi sunilkrish ...
i'm also have same problem..

what is your current application status?

when you got pending status in ep online portal?

thanks in advance

Hi All,

My EP was applied on 27th Dec. After 5 weeks, it got rejected today. This was my first EP application. My employer called MOM and they didnot stated any specific reason and mentioned they currently are restricting on approvals especially for first timers. I am currently waiting for my employer to decide on the next move.
Suppose the employer decides to appeal, then what would be my chances to get my EP approved ?

Indestructible: Thanks for posting an update about your case!
As we wrote many times before, an appeal only has a chance of success if it addresses the rejection reason. With a reason like a general reduction of EPs, as in your case, this is of course difficult to impossible. Maybe your employer could argue that you are essential for their expansion plans that would eventually create local jobs as well?

beppi wrote:

Indestructible: Thanks for posting an update about your case!
As we wrote many times before, an appeal only has a chance of success if it addresses the rejection reason. With a reason like a general reduction of EPs, as in your case, this is of course difficult to impossible. Maybe your employer could argue that you are essential for their expansion plans that would eventually create local jobs as well?

Thanks beppi for your feedback. I will update if any progress on my case.

hi surya2k & beppi..

do you know currently  mom approve  the freshers epass application or not?
i'm also fresher for epass..

In general, an EP is given if Singapore would benefit from the presence of the job-seeker. For fresh graduates, this is less likely and in most cases, local graduates can fill the jobs in question. But if you have niche skills that are rare and in demand here, you may have a chance.

ok thank you beppi....

Hi guys,
I checked my status yesterday and It was "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."
But the weird thing is that today my status became "Pending" again.
my application date was 16-Jan

Do you have any idea why is that ?

Tikub: This normally means that the vetting stage (which is conducted by external agencies) has completed and the internal process at MoM resumed.

Thank you very much, I'm a bit worried it's my first time in Singapore.
How long do you estimate till I get a final answer?

Tikub: Please read the very first post of this thread - it explains what happens during the process and how long each step may take.

Dear All

I am very new to here and i am from India. Can you please answer my doubts

My company applied EP Pass for me on 30th Jan 2019, But i am unable to track until today with my passport details. Today my company ask me the Bachelor Degree Transcript since MOM asked. Before i only send Masters Degree Transcript.

Can you please tell me after my company submit my bachelor degree transcript only i am able to track. or they may be asking more documents? In this case when will my application take on effect? Many Thanks

You will be able to see your application in EPOnline after MoM has entered it into the system. This normally takes a few days, not more than a week.
It is better to log in using your FIN (if you don't have it yet, ask your employer!). Using your passport details to search seems to not always work.

Many Thanks beppi for your quick response. Really appreciated

Just to sharing my timeline.
I applied a new position after graduate, try to get in a new industrial that I never familiar with. My pay is lower than the EP min. pay with a credible uni master degree. 

Applied on 25/01/2019
Pending all the time
Approved 05/02/2019

Thanks, Kristalliya, for sharing your unusual case!

Hi
Can you please answer my doubts
My EP application has been submitted on 30th Jan 2019. But last 5th my employee told me mom asking my degree transcript. So i send them. If my employer submit transcript today my application date counted from today? And they need to pay application fee again for this?
Many Thanks

The application date is not important for anything, but MoM asking for additional information does not reset the application. It also does not trigger an additional fee. (But why do you worry about this, although all fees must be borne by the employer, not you, by law?)

Many Thanks Beppi. Really appreciated

Yes my employer paying all the fees and they did not discuss anything about. This is just for my knowledge. Once again Thank you

Hi can you please tell me EP Pass require Bank Guarantee from the Employer to MOM?

No, why?

Many Thanks Beppi for your answer

Because one of my friend told me, may be bank guarantee is penting that's why my EP application status can't track.

Hi i am really sorry to make here too much questions.
Since i am not able to track my status through online i asked the employer today and they had forwarded one email received from MOM which confirms the application request.

I mention some of the points from the email here, ‘ We acknowledge receipt of your request dated 4/02/2019. Your request id is xxxxxxx. Summary of the details below.........

And all the application details here..

We will process your request by 14/02/2019.we will contact you if longer time or additional information is required.'

Process your request by 14/02/2019 means they will process the EP PASS or they will enter in the system and generate the FIN number. You know right i can't ask too many questions to my employer. Can you please help me with the answer. Many Thanks

I would interpret „we will process by“ as the EP willbe approved (or rejected) until then. But this is the first time I hear of MoM giving such a guarantee.
Please tell us how it worked out in the end!

Hi friends
Greetings to all, I have done my Ph.D. in Europe and had postdoc experience also. I have been offered Scientist position in Singapore. My S Pass was approved last week, I have obtained IPA from employer too.  I booked my ticket to Singapore, my scheduled departure will be next week begining.

I want to clarify few things regarding my travel and immigration,
1. Do I need any other document other than IPA?.
2. Do I need to show employment contract to immigration officer?
3. Best way to exchange INR to SGD, how much required for local transport and mandatory expenses. Is there any other mode to transfer money to singapore account after account been opened.

Request you to kindly consider this message and earlier response will be appreciated.

Regards,
Veera

A Ph.D. scientist with an S-Pass?!?
That is highly unusual, as EP is the usual work visa for such people.
Are you grossly underpaid, or why did this happen?

1. No.
2. No, but is does no harm to have it at hand.
3. How much money you need depends on what you want and spend - how can we answer it? In general, Singapore being one of the most expensive place on earth, you'll need far more than you think. I'd bring at least S$6000, or more if you intend to rent a place (and put down a deposit plus pay an agent).
Once you open a bank account, you can send a wire transfer from anywhere.

Hi Beppe

Thank you for the requested information.
I received IPA, but still waiting to get contract..So I asked..
I understand that phd with unusual but some research fellow in universities are working with s pass..but hope and promised that  my pass and salary will upgraded soon.

Veera27 wrote:

I received IPA, but still waiting to get contract..So I asked..

This is not possible: To apply for a work pass, the employer must have a valid employment contract with you.

Yes you are right. As you told, my employer applied pass with employment contract. But I did not obtained copy of contract, they might forgot to sent me. But my employer sent IPA 2 days before, I asked employment contract copy, Hope they will send Me before my departure from here.

I'm currently in midst of changing to a new company. Currently working in Singapore, holding S Pass.

My new company applied an S Pass for me. Here's the timeline:

14 Feb 2019: Applied/Submitted at 8am
14 Feb 2019: Pending. (around 1pm+)
14 Feb 2019: We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer. (around 5pm)

Pretty fast application? I hope I don't have to wait 4 weeks because I need to get my S Pass approved, then I can send in my resignation letter and still need to give 1 month notice. Ha.... Sigh...

Also It's an S-Pass but it's written "Pass Type: EMPLOYMENT PASS" So I'm unsure if it's actually S Pass or EP.

Workline for the new S Pass: Service, Senior position, bank
Work experience: 5y 8m
Studied in NAFA Singapore
Came here since 2008

Anyone here who has been in Singapore as long or longer like me?

Hai to all

I am from India, I have applied Singapore job for sales assistant of jewelry shop. My employer gave my application number and date of application, they said they applied my documents on 25th February 2019,  but till now not showing the details like pending, approve or anything. It is showing only like no record found  Can anyone tell me how many days it will take the time for getting showing or status