EP Application Status March 2022

Hi everyone~

My employer applied employment pass on Mar 4 2022, I checked EP Oline it showed "we need inputs from...." last week, but it updates as "pending" from this week.

It's been almost 3 weeks, so troublesome.

Anyone gets your ep during March?

Would you mind sharing your timeline?

Thanks!

Hope we all receive our ep soon!!!

My employer applied on February 22, 2022, and I still haven't got an answer.

The status remains "pending", and no sources verification has been needed so far.

From previous comments in this forum, the processing time varies significantly, and there seems not to be a pattern.

Let's hope for the best.

ggdk wrote:

The status remains "pending", and no sources verification has been needed so far.

From previous comments in this forum, the processing time varies significantly, and there seems not to be a pattern.

Let's hope for the best.

4-6 weeks, even 8 weeks is the norm, some get approved quicker. Have patience please.

phoebeeee wrote:

Hi everyone~

My employer applied employment pass on Mar 4 2022, I checked EP Oline it showed "we need inputs from...." last week, but it updates as "pending" from this week.

Thanks!

Hi I got my ep approved during March 2022

Applied 15 Mar 2022
Approved 24 Mar 2022 (in the morning)
~ 6 working days

Aqua Wilson wrote:
phoebeeee wrote:

Hi everyone~

Thanks!

Hi I got my ep approved during March 2022

Applied 15 Mar 2022
Approved 24 Mar 2022 (in the morning)
~ 6 working days

congrats!

Shekhz wrote:
ggdk wrote:

Let's hope for the best.

4-6 weeks, even 8 weeks is the norm, some get approved quicker. Have patience please.

I wonder if the longer waiting time affect how the employer treat us… would they cancel the offer? Do they usually wait for us onboarding until the ep is issued?

Phoebeeee: An EPis always issued just before employement starts. If you want to know how your employer will react to long processing times, ask them (not us)!

Work experience: 7 yrs
Field: IT
Industry: Tech (services)

22/03/2022: EP application submitted
29/03/2022: we need inputs from other agencies ...

I've read some replies about this status, some of them require document verification and some of them got approved without any additional tasks. Do we really need education document verification?

Hey Guys,

Below is is my situation.

Applied: 14th Jan

Rejected: 21st Jan (Need justification for higher salary and company financial statements)

Appeal1: provided all documents on 10th Feb due to unseen delays from HR

Status was still rejected in the ep online ( i think this is okay right ???)

10th March: MoM asked for educational Background verification  signed up for RMI verification process on the same day.

30th March: RMI says accredition check is done, education verification is in progress.

Hoping to get the final rmi report soon and awaiting approval.

Would like to hear if you faced same situaton and got it approved.. some motivation is highly needed for me now :)

All your inputs are highly appreciated  thank you

My Background: 

Indian

6+ years exp

Working with a startup in india outsourced to a major priviate software company in SG

Hi Guys,

Work experience: 7+ years, related exp: 3+ years
salary hike: ~55%

does this salary hike considerably high? it's a bit high bcs there's a different pay range between my home country & SG, would this affect the approval? how long does it usually take to appeal due to the high salary hike?

Devbrosur: Read related forum threads before posting - this has been discussed in much detail!

Hi everyone~

It's been almost 3 weeks ... - @phoebeeee

updates:

04/03/2022 EP Applied
05/04/2022 EP Rejected
05/04/2022 Appeal
continued...

Wish me luck!!!

One weird thing is that my employer applied employment pass for me, but it showcases as S Pass and status as "Rejected"...

One weird thing is that my employer applied employment pass for me, but it showcases as S Pass and status as "Rejected"...

- @phoebeeee

The employer probably selected the option "If ineligible for EP, consider S-Pass instead."
Hey all, just sharing my latest experience:

10/03/2022: Applied for EP
15/03/2022: MOM requested for my updated resume and personal email contact
06/04/2022: EP approved 

This would be my 3rd EP. My previous 2 EPs got approved within 2 weeks (mid 2019 and 2021)

I was quite anxious this time as it was pending for almost 4 weeks. Though I cannot be sure why it took a bit longer, I'm assuming it was because the name of my current employer on my resume didn't match the name MOM had on record. I'm currently employed under an agency but working for a client overseas. I had the client name on my resume but the agency name on my current EP. So I resubmitted my resume with the agency as my employer and the contract letter justifying the structure and relationship between all 4 different parties: myself, client, agency and recruiter. Again, I don't know why it took longer. It's just my assumption since I was asked for my updated resume listing down all my previous and present employments.

My takeaway: always double check the name of your employers, period worked, title and country of employment (if applicable)

My background: Digital marketing, 3rd year in Singapore, moving from a startup to a MNC
@Sgd2022 any news abt ur application?

- @phoebeeee

The employer probably selected the option "If ineligible for EP, consider S-Pass instead."
- @beppi
Is there any possibility that MOM will issue S pass to me after the appealing? Btw, it's been almost 2 weeks, I receive no appeal outcome. It's really suffering 😔

@phoebeeee hang in there, only MoM can make the decision and none of us in the forum can speculate on the outcome. If things are in order and the appeal satisfies what MoM may need as additional info, it may come through. However, it is advisable to have a plan B.

My employer recently submitted my EP application for me, I am waiting for the approval.

I am wondering if the salary increment is too high? Since I saw a lot of posts about EP being rejected due to salary hike, but they're mostly from people who are already working in Singapore, instead of other countries.

I am currently paid around S$5000 in my home country, Malaysia, the new job is offering S$10,000. I checked on Glassdoor, people with similar position and experience in the company are paid around the same figure.

I wondering if anyone can share insights on this?

Hi Guys,

Work experience: 7+ years, related exp: 3+ years
salary hike: ~55%

does this salary hike considerably high? it's a bit high bcs there's a different pay range between my home country & SG, would this affect the approval? how long does it usually take to appeal due to the high salary hike?

- @devbrosur
Hi Everyone,

My application is accepted on 13/04/2022, it took 3 weeks 1 day I guess, Good luck everyone who still waiting
My employer recently submitted my EP application for me, I am waiting for the approval.

I am wondering if the salary increment is too high? Since I saw a lot of posts about EP being rejected due to salary hike, but they're mostly from people who are already working in Singapore, instead of other countries.

I am currently paid around S$5000 in my home country, Malaysia, the new job is offering S$10,000. I checked on Glassdoor, people with similar position and experience in the company are paid around the same figure.

I wondering if anyone can share insights on this?
- @malom80586
My application is approved, after 7 working days.
@devbrosur
@All, EP got approved today i.e. 19th April 2022 :)
Hi!

Sharing over here because this forum has been very helpful for me throughout my application process. I was a silent lurker here.

Industry/Company: Tech MNC
YoE: ~5 years total, ~4 years of relevant exp
Salary: >10k

29/03/2022 - Company applied EP
01/04/2022 - Status changed to "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."
20/04/2022 - Approved

Overall it took 3 weeks and 1 day to be Approved. Approx. 16 working days due to Public Holidays.

I was a bit worried that it might have taken longer, but happy with the overall timeline!

Good luck for those applying and congrats to those who got approved!
Hi All,

My EP Application status says ‘Invalid'  and

“Your application has not been approved. Please talk to your employer or agent.”

Is it same as rejection? Any one else facing similar issue saying ‘Invalid' ?

Thanks
“Your application has not been approved. Please talk to your employer or agent.”

- @kicchu
Do what they suggest!
@kicchu when did they apply your EP? And are u in Singapore or overseas? 1st time application or ? nationality?

It would help understand reason for rejection

HI ,

anyone can help me where can we check the status of the EP application as the site i was using to check this is not working now (https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLU … yAction.do) 

@beppi

This is the reason they gave

‘The work pass is for foreigner to work as an employee for the direct employer only and not to work for another company/client'

This is first time this company has ever applied for an EP, I guess since they are new to EP process guess they would have done some mistake in the application process? Because many consultancy apply EP under their payroll to work for projects related to government bodies.

I worked for 4 years under consultancy for different government clients an year ago in SG
Kicchu: This is the wording they give when they think you would in fact work for another company, not the one hiring you (pro-forma) and applying for your work pass. This is common with agencies and personell-sharing companies, which seem to be a target of recent tightenings by MoM.
If you are actually supposed to work for the company that applied for your work pass, they should prove that to MoM. If not, look for another employer. Good luck!

@phoebeeee Did you get ur results?

Hi All,

Sharing my experience recently - in May 2022

17/05/2022: Conmpany Applied for EP
20/05/2022: EP approved

1st time apply. Overall it took 4 working days to approve the EP. I am a Malaysian and will be working in tech related industry
Hi Everyone,
EP applied: 10 May 2022
Required some documents twice
EP rejected:15 June 2022
Reason:put some educational details incorrect.
Appeal: 21 june 2022(correct the details)
Still pending
My question is:
Is that possible MOM can be reject the application on behalf of any other reason or they mentioned all the reasons at the time of first rejection?
I am considering this as they already checked my application through and the reasons they found for rejection ,they mentioned while first time rejection.
Please advise.
Thanks
Shikha: The application goes through a number of checks - and is rejected at the first one that fails. That  means there is always only one rejection reason, but the subsequent checks are not done yet - so they can still fail on appeal.
@beppi thank for your response.
Really appreciated
Hello,

I have a query related to validity of the EP. My EP is valid for 2 years, initially. My question is, for how long can I work in the Singapore! After expiry of my first EP, can I continue staying in Singapore or I would have to do something else! Thanks
For an expat- You are permitted to live and work in Singapore as long as you have an EP. Your employer would work towards a renewal when it is near expiry.

Without a relevant pass/ EP, you can't work in Singapore. You can reside as a Dependant of another pass holder.
Strange question: Of course you can work in Singapore exactly as long as your work pass is valid (and after that, you are given 30 days to leave the country).

@beppi Actually, I wanted to know if it would be possible to stay for more than 3 to 4 years. I heard EP is only valid for 2 years (renewals up to 3 years)!

You can work in Singapore exactly as long as your work pass is valid (and stay 30 days longer).
If your employer gets an extension/renewal for you before the pass expires, you can work and stay longer.
Or what actually is your concern?
Hello all,

My employer applied for EP on July 28, till now status is "Pending" (4 weeks completed). This is quite stressful and worrying.

Anyone got their EP in July/August. Please share your experience.

Thanks
My EP applied by my employer July 22, got approved last Aug19