S Pass rejected and I'm worried

Hi guys, I'm Chinese Malaysian who has studied in Singapore for 5 years and recently graduated poly. Do note that I have a tuition grant bond with MOE.

I got a job from a big 4 accounting firm and I'm qualified for an S Pass according to SAT. However, my S Pass application was rejected. HR said they had appealed for me but they didn't ask me for additional documents. Here's the timeline:

Application: July 1, 2020
Rejection: July 16, 2020
Appeal: July 17, 2020

Anyone has similar experience? Should I worry? I tried to ask HR about the rejection advisory and whether I need to submit additional documents, but the company didn't reveal the reason. So I deduce MOM didn't ask for more documents from me. I'm currently on LTVP and I'm super worried.

According to my experience, my Spass had been also rejected in 2017. When your company appeals,  they have to mention your salary higher than your actual one  based on your service experience. Otherwise, MOM will reject your SPass again.

San Yin Mon wrote:

According to my experience, my Spass had been also rejected in 2017. When your company appeals,  they have to mention your salary higher than your actual one  based on your service experience. Otherwise, MOM will reject your SPass again.

If they submit a higher salary than the one stated in the contract, will they pay me the higher amount? How did your application turn out?

Some company will pay you as per your contract's agreement but you have to give back the extra. But it doesn't matter how much you get. The most important is your pass must get approval first and your company has enough quota to hire foreign employees.

San Yin Mon wrote:

Some company will pay you as per your contract's agreement but you have to give back the extra. But it doesn't matter how much you get. The most important is your pass must get approval first and your company has enough quota to hire foreign employees.

My company has around 4,000 employers here so quota shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully the appeal is successful - it's a really stressful experience and such a bad time for foreign job seekers!

San Yin Mon wrote:

Some company will pay you as per your contract's agreement but you have to give back the extra.

Such an arrangement is ILLEGAL and, if found out, will get you deported (and the employer into big problems, too). You should NEVER agree to anything like this!
You must (by law) get paid what is stated in your contract and disclosed to MoM for the work visa.

beppi wrote:
San Yin Mon wrote:

Some company will pay you as per your contract's agreement but you have to give back the extra.

Such an arrangement is ILLEGAL and, if found out, will get you deported (and the employer into big problems, too). You should NEVER agree to anything like this!
You must (by law) get paid what is stated in your contract and disclosed to MoM for the work visa.

This is what I think too. I'm very curious about what my company mentioned in the appeal, though.

beppi wrote:
San Yin Mon wrote:

Hi Beppi. After talking to MOE and checking with my employer, I realized that they stated that I do not have a Tuition Grant Bond with MOE in the application AND appeal when I in fact have it. The appeal has been pending for 2 weeks. I asked HR if they need me to email them the eligibility letter for the appeal but they didn't respond.

Could that be the reason of rejection? Should I directly call the HR this coming Monday about it or wait til next Friday for the appeal outcome first? I try not to bother them too much lest they get annoyed and rescind my offer altogether but they are really unresponsive and incompetent.

Thanks!

lol i think is common for hr to be like that. my one also damn unresponsive one.
I never kena rejected before for spass so can't advise. best of luck to u!

ydkm wrote:

lol i think is common for hr to be like that. my one also damn unresponsive one.

Thanks! Do you think i should call another HR or just wait it out? Haha

Gsense wrote:
ydkm wrote:

I also don't dare to annoy my hr too much scare offer kena rescinded. I decided to LLST but my case is not as urgent as yours.  maybe u should try call since urs is urgent..

ydkm wrote:
Gsense wrote:
ydkm wrote:

I also don't dare to annoy my hr too much scare offer kena rescinded. I decided to LLST but my case is not as urgent as yours.  maybe u should try call since urs is urgent..

Sigh... I guess I'll call another HR that I don't usually email...

Gsense: Whether you have a bond or not doesn't make a big difference in the application process -many potential rejection reasons have nothing to do with it.
But if you get rejected (and want to avoid fulfilling it), you have a good negotiation position to get out of the bond obligations!

beppi wrote:

Gsense: Whether you have a bond or not doesn't make a big difference in the application process -many potential rejection reasons have nothing to do with it.
But if you get rejected (and want to avoid fulfilling it), you have a good negotiation position to get out of the bond obligations!

Got it. No wonder the HR didn't ask me for the eligibility letter. Approx 1 more week til I get the outcome :)

Gsense wrote:

No wonder the HR didn't ask me for the eligibility letter.

Well, actually they should have, as attaching it to the application cannot make things worse and may have some positive impact - but only if the basic requirements are fulfilled (e.g. that the company is allowed to hire foreigners and that you are in an industry with more skills in demand than the local workforce can supply).

beppi wrote:
Gsense wrote:

No wonder the HR didn't ask me for the eligibility letter.

Well, actually they should have, as attaching it to the application cannot make things worse and may have some positive impact - but only if the basic requirements are fulfilled (e.g. that the company is allowed to hire foreigners and that you are in an industry with more skills in demand than the local workforce can supply).

Actually Big 4 has lots of foreigners with similar backgrounds as me. I interned at one before and my Malaysian colleagues who didn't study here could all get S Passes with the same starting salary as what I'll be getting.

My HR seems quite irresponsible because when I asked them if they should submit the letter in the appeal as recommended by MOE, they just said it's still pending and they will update me on the status.

That being said, since it's already 2 weeks in, I also do not want to bother them too much. I'll wait til the 3-week mark for the appeal outcome before reaching out to them again 😂

There is no three weeks rule - it takes as long as it takes, between a few days and several months.

beppi wrote:

There is no three weeks rule - it takes as long as it takes, between a few days and several months.

My S Pass just got approved! Here's the timeline for reference:

Application: July 1, 2020
Rejection: July 16, 2020
Appeal: July 17, 2020
Approval: August 3, 2020

HR didn't ask for any additional docs and appealed for me. :)

hi Gsense, congrats on your S pass.

I have the same issue with regards to my S Pass.

It got rejected after 3 months of pending and the reason its got rejected is that the Supporting documents are incomplete or incorrect.

The weird part is they waiting for 1 week before they appealed it. They said that the company need to discuss if they want to appeal it or not.

They just appeal it last week and my company also request to extend my SVP to 1 month because they said that the result of the appeal will take 3 weeks.

Hope that my S Pass application gets approve soon.

expat882 wrote:

hi Gsense, congrats on your S pass.

I have the same issue with regards to my S Pass.

It got rejected after 3 months of pending and the reason its got rejected is that the Supporting documents are incomplete or incorrect.

The weird part is they waiting for 1 week before they appealed it. They said that the company need to discuss if they want to appeal it or not.

They just appeal it last week and my company also request to extend my SVP to 1 month because they said that the result of the appeal will take 3 weeks.

Hope that my S Pass application gets approve soon.

Hey, I'd suggest you start sending out resumes. Don't get your hopes up about the current employer. It's better to have a contingency. I immediately applied to other jobs as soon as I knew my app was rejected. Fortunately I don't need to worry about it anymore. All the best!

Hi Gsense,

Congrats for your SPass

During waiting period, did you check your SPass application status on EPOL or not?
I have submitted since 14 July 2020, just now I check the status on EPOL, it's written like this "E0000236 : No record found"

Can anyone kindly explain me what's happening please?

heripaski wrote:

Hi Gsense,

Congrats for your SPass

During waiting period, did you check your SPass application status on EPOL or not?
I have submitted since 14 July 2020, just now I check the status on EPOL, it's written like this "E0000236 : No record found"

Can anyone kindly explain me what's happening please?

Yes, I did check the status. If it shows ''no record found'', then it means your employer hasn't submitted an app for you. It might also be because you keyed in wrong particulars.

Hi guys,

My S pass application was rejected;
Application: 31 Jul 2020
Rejection: 11 Aug 2020
Appeal: 11 Aug 2020
The reason it was rejected was "not successful if candidate is in Singapore may wish to apply for an appeal for our consideration." it has been 8 days of waiting. Scary and worried due that my visit pass expiry 20 Aug 2020 (2nd times of extension) and tomorrow I will going to MOM request another extension for the 3rd times reason waiting for my s pass appealed result. Please give me advise

Hi ignaciocharen, my pass also rejected and appealed.. HR said it will take 2 to 3 weeks process for the appeal. My employer is the one who process my STVP extension. I think its better to ask your employer to process your STVP extension.

Hi Expat, thank you so much for advised. Today morning I went in MOM and extended my STVP until 3 Sep 2020.

STVP and passport only.

Hi guys,
I want to share just now my S pass approved
Timeline;
Approve: 23 Aug 2020

Good luck to all! Stay safe and healthy...

Ignaciocharen wrote:

Hi guys,
Timeline;

Hi,

Would you know what your employer did to reconsider the appeal?

I got mine rejected and just wanted to know the possible solutions to have it approved after the appeal.

Thanks and congratulations!

Ignaciocharen wrote:

Hi guys,
Timeline;

Hi,

I have same situation as you that I am nearing my STVP expiration and the pass application was rejected. Could you provide step by step on how you go to MOM and state the reason on extending the stvp. Thanks :D

Hi!

1) I went to MOM exact date of my STVP expiration
2) Bring your STVP and passport
3) My reason there's no flights in Philippines

Note: You can ask your previous employer to request for extension.

Ignaciocharen wrote:

Hi!

1) I went to MOM exact date of my STVP expiration
2) Bring your STVP and passport
3) My reason there's no flights in Philippines

Note: You can ask your previous employer to request for extension.

Hi! Saw your post earlier about the process of your Spass. May I know the details of your appeal (e.g. how did the HR appeal your application to get it approved,etc?)

I am also from the Philippines and have a rejected Spass, but will look to appeal in the next weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Will EPOnline show the status as Appeal? My EP is rejected on 27/08/20 and the company has appealed on the same day, but in EPOnline, it still shows as rejected.

xelon wrote:

Will EPOnline show the status as Appeal? My EP is rejected on 27/08/20 and the company has appealed on the same day, but in EPOnline, it still shows as rejected.

Yes, based from the other forum posts I saw here, this will stay "Rejected" until MOM approves the appeal. Once approved, it will change to "Approved" status.

Hi bro you appeal what documents submitted to MOM bro. Because today my s pass rejected the reason was same subject bro please can you help me bro .

Heey

Just sharig my experience:

I had been working in Singapore for 1 year and got contacted by a big company who offered me a good job wich I took.
Tehy have since june applied for my EP but it got rejected over and over again, and each time the salary for EP was raised, due to my education it's higher than usual. In the beginning my company was willing to raise my salary, but when it last time had to be 6000SGD + the company said they cant continue. They don't have any free spots for S-pass.
So because of this I now need to leave Singapore eaven I just renteed apartment and all that... very sad about this situation, but my company and HR told me they did evrything they could.

I try to apply for new jobs but not much luck in theese days.

I hope you all will have more luck than me!

RebeccaHolm: I am very sorry for your situation, but a simple check in EPOnline could have told the employer which minimum salary is required - there is no need for multiple applications (and re-applications with changed salary are anyway almost certain to be rejected).
And on your part, you should have kept your previous job until the next one is approved!

Hi,

Sharing my s pass application. Currently i'm in malaysia but i sign the offer letter with the company but my s application still  keep rejected.

My S pass keep rejected :
1st - july
2nd -aug
3rd - sep

I have asking to my hr have any reason, why my application keep reject by MoM.
The reason is : Your application is not successful. If your candidate in singapore, you may wish to submit an appeal for our consideration.Otherwise, you may wish to apply again when the additional safe distancing measures are lifted.

Anyone have same issue with me ?

Leekang: Perseverance might be a virtue, but after three rejections you should make alternative plans, as this is unlikely to ever work.

Hi all,

The appeal of my S pass application got approved today.

Timeline:
Date of application - april 17
Rejected - july 20
Appeal - july 30
Approved - sept 14

Finally after almost 5 months of waiting my pass application got approved.. took so long to process my pass application (not sure if its because of Covid) and I almost give up. Thank god my pass is finally approved!

Good luck to all who is still waiting for there pass application.

expat882 wrote:

Hi all,

The appeal of my S pass application got approved today.

Timeline:
Date of application - april 17
Rejected - july 20
Appeal - july 30
Approved - sept 14

Finally after almost 5 months of waiting my pass application got approved.. took so long to process my pass application (not sure if its because of Covid) and I almost give up. Thank god my pass is finally approved!

Good luck to all who is still waiting for there pass application.

Hi, may I know what was the rejection reason last July 20? What did your company/employer do to have it approved? Lastly, are you outside Singapore?

Thanks!