Work visas in Singapore

Updated 2015-09-17 14:34

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

- Foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least of SGD S$18000/month or S$12000/month in Singapore
- EP holders who are living abroad and not ununemployed for longer than a continuous period of six months at the time of application

PEP holders must earn S$144000 or more per calemndar year and can work for any Singapore employer and change jobs without needing to re-apply. They can also be unemployed for up to 6 months. The PEP visa is not renewable. Dependants of PEP holders can apply for a social visit pass (SVP) or a dependant pass (DP) according to their situation.

Work Permit (WP):

The WP in Singapore is a work visa designed for lower skilled foreign workers holding specific qualifications in demand in Singapore. WPs are only given for certain industries/jobs and to applicants from certain source countries. Application procedure for a WP must be initiated by the employer and submitted to the Ministry of Manpower (MoM). The employer must pay a levy for earch employed WP holder to the authorities. The work permit does not allow family entry and settlement in Singapore.

Working Holiday Visa
Nationals from Australia, France, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States can travel to Singapore within the framework of the working holiday visa. The working holiday visa is designed for young people aged between 17 and 30 years old wishing to work, study or travel to Singapore for a period up to 6 months. Visa requirements may vary from one country to another but in general, it is necessary to be holder of a valid passport issued in one of the above mentioned countries, have sufficient financial guarantees to sustain oneself in the country, be in possession of valid return tickets and have a minimum study level.

How to apply for a working holiday visa in Singapore?

Step 1 - Go to and download an application form (in MS Word format);

Step 2 - Return the application form by email to mom_whp_wpd[at] (with 'Application for WHP' as subject of your message). Attach soft copies in jpeg format of your school diplomas, your certificates and/or a letter of acceptance from a university.For non-English diplomas transcripts, submit your original copies and official English translations certified by your university.

Step 3 - If your application is accepted, you will receive an « In-Principle Approval letter » - IPA. Upon reception of the In-Principle Approval Letter, you have three months to leave for Singapore. Visa fees are of SGD $40 for a single entry visa, SGD$ 60 for a multiple entry visa.

Final step - Upon arrival in Singapore, go to the 'Ministry of Manpower' at the 'Work Pass Division' to collect your visa. Do not forget to provide your travel documents, your In-Principle Approval Letter and your passport.

Employment Pass Services Centre
The Riverwalk, 20 Upper Circular Road, #04-01/02, Singapore 05841
MOM Services Centre
1500 Bendemeer Road, Singapore 339946

Useful links:

Ministry of Manpower
Contact Singapore

We do our best to provide accurate and up to date information. However, if you have noticed any inaccuracies in this article, please let us know in the comments section below.