How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Dear all,

Please allow me to share my experience.

Background: seafarer working on board from May 2009 to Jan 2019, my shipping company is in Singapore, I just got an offer(Cargo stowage, basic salary 7000SGD,Total 9000SGD) from my company to work in singapore office.

02 Feb 2019: Received email from 3rd party for my EP application, same date I replied with all required docs.

15 Feb 2019: I asked 3rd party for my EP status, they said still pending for approval.(That time I didn't know it can be checked online.)

25 Feb 2019: Got one email from 3rd party, saying I declared in working experience that I worked in Singapore from May 2009 to Jan 2019,so MOM is asking a company letter and asking FIN number issued to me.
I explained to 3rd party, my company is in Singapore, but i'm working on board only, not working in Singapore, no FIN number.

04 Mar 2019: I asked 3rd party my EP status again as i'm scheduled to start working in Sin on 11 Mar 2019. They said it's still pending for outcome.

07 Mar 2019: From forum I came to know that status can be checked on line, so I did, below is the info while checking online:
Date of application: 28/02/2019
Status:  We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer.
(I don't why the date of application is 28 feb 2019, maybe because of a company letter submitted on 25 feb or afterwards)

After that I'm checking online everyday but no any changes until now, I will update later.

Thanks.

tikub :

Hi all,
After rough 2 months of waiting and reading these forums many  times, the result was "Rejected".
I asked my HR to tell me the reason and if they can apply for an appeal.

Many thanks.

Hi, have you got reason why rejected?

Hi Beppi & Surya,

Would like to ask if I have ever rejected for EP application before. If I'm going to make another application, should I fill the rejected FIN Number? or is it only for successful application?

Thanks!

The FIN number remains the same for all your applications and passes, regardless of rejection or not.

Hi Beppi,

Thanks for answering!
So, I suppose I should fill the FIN number then.

Thanks!

Hi,
I wrote to them this weekend, expect to get an answer byMonday or so...
I'm a first-timer and really disappointed, hope that appeal can do something

at least 2 weeks

Hi All,

Long wait for the EP

20 Nov 2018 applied
20 Dec 2018 asked for additional docs
22 Feb 2018 Approved

Waiting period 3 months, this was my very first application for EP.

anandm2012 :

Hi All,

Long wait for the EP

20 Nov 2018 applied
20 Dec 2018 asked for additional docs
22 Feb 2018 Approved

Waiting period 3 months, this was my very first application for EP.

Hi, congratulations,did you check the EP status online in the waiting period?

Hi,
The company told me that the mom letter said “the candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass”.
I would like to know:
1- if anyone has an idea what could have went wrong?
2- how long after this rejection can I apply for another work pass?
3- considering the wording of the rejection, does it means that I will never be able to work in Sg or this job in particular?

Thanks in advance

Tikub: The rejectionj wpording means that you (not the company) are generally ineligible for any work pass.
Unless your particulars change substantially (e.g. new degree, much longer work experience, different nationality, etc.), you don't need to apply for another work pass.
I suggest you look for work in another country instead.

Dear All,

I've just joined the forum and have gone through various threads. What I've gathered from all these threads is that the standard processing time for an EP is somewhere between 1 week - 2 months.
I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here. I'm a Media professional, working in a renowned media firm in India, handling content licensing & media rights (usually it is construed as a business development profile in a media organisation). I've been offered same profile in Singapore by one of the global Media firms. I've nearly 8 years of work ex, of which 6 years I've been handling the same work profile.
I've graduate and an MBA degree. This new firm has offered me a position of Manager with a monthly fixed salary of S$8500+allowances+bonus/incentives. The firm was  looking to hire the suitable candidate for this position for 5 months, before zeroing down on me.
As I speak, they are initiating the paper work for EP at their end, however they wish me to resign at the current firm immediately, so that I can serve a month's notice period and can join them at the earliest possible.
I'd raised my concern with the HR as well as their agency who's handling my EP application. I don't want to be in a situation where I loose my existing job and my EP also gets rejected. Though the agency has asked me not to worry and they sound overtly confident that I'll be able to get EP within 2-3 weeks.

At this point of time, I could really use some advise from this forum members. Should I put in my papers way before I get the EP? Does my case looks positive for an EP application?

Cheers!

Unless the Singapore employer gives you some kind of warranty (e.g. a paid job elsewhere in case the EP is not granted, or a lump sum payment), do NOT resign before you have the IPA in hand.
After that, maybe your current employer would let you go on short notice if the new employer pays them off? (They probably have no strong motivation to keep an employee who has already resigned.)

Will holding some portfolio such as a business, investment plan or even insurance bought with a local insurer helps in these applications?

Moejoseph :

Will holding some portfolio such as a business, investment plan or even insurance bought with a local insurer helps in these applications?

Not at all!
Owning a business can even have a negative effect, if they suspect you will run the business while beimg employed in Simgapore (which is not allowed).

Bear2122 :

Dear all,

Please allow me to share my experience.

Background: seafarer working on board from May 2009 to Jan 2019, my shipping company is in Singapore, I just got an offer(Cargo stowage, basic salary 7000SGD,Total 9000SGD) from my company to work in singapore office.

02 Feb 2019: Received email from 3rd party for my EP application, same date I replied with all required docs.

15 Feb 2019: I asked 3rd party for my EP status, they said still pending for approval.(That time I didn't know it can be checked online.)

25 Feb 2019: Got one email from 3rd party, saying I declared in working experience that I worked in Singapore from May 2009 to Jan 2019,so MOM is asking a company letter and asking FIN number issued to me.
I explained to 3rd party, my company is in Singapore, but i'm working on board only, not working in Singapore, no FIN number.

04 Mar 2019: I asked 3rd party my EP status again as i'm scheduled to start working in Sin on 11 Mar 2019. They said it's still pending for outcome.

07 Mar 2019: From forum I came to know that status can be checked on line, so I did, below is the info while checking online:
Date of application: 28/02/2019
Status:  We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer.
(I don't why the date of application is 28 feb 2019, maybe because of a company letter submitted on 25 feb or afterwards)

After that I'm checking online everyday but no any changes until now, I will update later.

Thanks.

Update from above...
20 Mar 2019: Checked online showing"approved"
21 Mar 2019: Received IPA from 3rd party.

Good luck to everyone!