How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Dear all,

Please allow me to share my experience.

Background: seafarer working on board from May 2009 to Jan 2019, my shipping company is in Singapore, I just got an offer(Cargo stowage, basic salary 7000SGD,Total 9000SGD) from my company to work in singapore office.

02 Feb 2019: Received email from 3rd party for my EP application, same date I replied with all required docs.

15 Feb 2019: I asked 3rd party for my EP status, they said still pending for approval.(That time I didn't know it can be checked online.)

25 Feb 2019: Got one email from 3rd party, saying I declared in working experience that I worked in Singapore from May 2009 to Jan 2019,so MOM is asking a company letter and asking FIN number issued to me.
I explained to 3rd party, my company is in Singapore, but i'm working on board only, not working in Singapore, no FIN number.

04 Mar 2019: I asked 3rd party my EP status again as i'm scheduled to start working in Sin on 11 Mar 2019. They said it's still pending for outcome.

07 Mar 2019: From forum I came to know that status can be checked on line, so I did, below is the info while checking online:
Date of application: 28/02/2019
Status:  We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer.
(I don't why the date of application is 28 feb 2019, maybe because of a company letter submitted on 25 feb or afterwards)

After that I'm checking online everyday but no any changes until now, I will update later.

Thanks.

tikub wrote:

Hi all,
After rough 2 months of waiting and reading these forums many  times, the result was "Rejected".
I asked my HR to tell me the reason and if they can apply for an appeal.

Many thanks.

Hi, have you got reason why rejected?

Hi Beppi & Surya,

Would like to ask if I have ever rejected for EP application before. If I'm going to make another application, should I fill the rejected FIN Number? or is it only for successful application?

Thanks!

The FIN number remains the same for all your applications and passes, regardless of rejection or not.

Hi Beppi,

Thanks for answering!
So, I suppose I should fill the FIN number then.

Thanks!

Hi,
I wrote to them this weekend, expect to get an answer byMonday or so...
I'm a first-timer and really disappointed, hope that appeal can do something

at least 2 weeks

Hi All,

Long wait for the EP

20 Nov 2018 applied
20 Dec 2018 asked for additional docs
22 Feb 2018 Approved

Waiting period 3 months, this was my very first application for EP.

anandm2012 wrote:

Hi All,

Long wait for the EP

20 Nov 2018 applied
20 Dec 2018 asked for additional docs
22 Feb 2018 Approved

Waiting period 3 months, this was my very first application for EP.

Hi, congratulations,did you check the EP status online in the waiting period?

Hi,
The company told me that the mom letter said “the candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass”.
I would like to know:
1- if anyone has an idea what could have went wrong?
2- how long after this rejection can I apply for another work pass?
3- considering the wording of the rejection, does it means that I will never be able to work in Sg or this job in particular?

Thanks in advance

Tikub: The rejectionj wpording means that you (not the company) are generally ineligible for any work pass.
Unless your particulars change substantially (e.g. new degree, much longer work experience, different nationality, etc.), you don't need to apply for another work pass.
I suggest you look for work in another country instead.

Dear All,

I've just joined the forum and have gone through various threads. What I've gathered from all these threads is that the standard processing time for an EP is somewhere between 1 week - 2 months.
I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here. I'm a Media professional, working in a renowned media firm in India, handling content licensing & media rights (usually it is construed as a business development profile in a media organisation). I've been offered same profile in Singapore by one of the global Media firms. I've nearly 8 years of work ex, of which 6 years I've been handling the same work profile.
I've graduate and an MBA degree. This new firm has offered me a position of Manager with a monthly fixed salary of S$8500+allowances+bonus/incentives. The firm was  looking to hire the suitable candidate for this position for 5 months, before zeroing down on me.
As I speak, they are initiating the paper work for EP at their end, however they wish me to resign at the current firm immediately, so that I can serve a month's notice period and can join them at the earliest possible.
I'd raised my concern with the HR as well as their agency who's handling my EP application. I don't want to be in a situation where I loose my existing job and my EP also gets rejected. Though the agency has asked me not to worry and they sound overtly confident that I'll be able to get EP within 2-3 weeks.

At this point of time, I could really use some advise from this forum members. Should I put in my papers way before I get the EP? Does my case looks positive for an EP application?

Cheers!

Unless the Singapore employer gives you some kind of warranty (e.g. a paid job elsewhere in case the EP is not granted, or a lump sum payment), do NOT resign before you have the IPA in hand.
After that, maybe your current employer would let you go on short notice if the new employer pays them off? (They probably have no strong motivation to keep an employee who has already resigned.)

Will holding some portfolio such as a business, investment plan or even insurance bought with a local insurer helps in these applications?

Moejoseph wrote:

Will holding some portfolio such as a business, investment plan or even insurance bought with a local insurer helps in these applications?

Not at all!
Owning a business can even have a negative effect, if they suspect you will run the business while beimg employed in Simgapore (which is not allowed).

Bear2122 wrote:

Dear all,

Please allow me to share my experience.

Background: seafarer working on board from May 2009 to Jan 2019, my shipping company is in Singapore, I just got an offer(Cargo stowage, basic salary 7000SGD,Total 9000SGD) from my company to work in singapore office.

02 Feb 2019: Received email from 3rd party for my EP application, same date I replied with all required docs.

15 Feb 2019: I asked 3rd party for my EP status, they said still pending for approval.(That time I didn't know it can be checked online.)

25 Feb 2019: Got one email from 3rd party, saying I declared in working experience that I worked in Singapore from May 2009 to Jan 2019,so MOM is asking a company letter and asking FIN number issued to me.
I explained to 3rd party, my company is in Singapore, but i'm working on board only, not working in Singapore, no FIN number.

04 Mar 2019: I asked 3rd party my EP status again as i'm scheduled to start working in Sin on 11 Mar 2019. They said it's still pending for outcome.

07 Mar 2019: From forum I came to know that status can be checked on line, so I did, below is the info while checking online:
Date of application: 28/02/2019
Status:  We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer.
(I don't why the date of application is 28 feb 2019, maybe because of a company letter submitted on 25 feb or afterwards)

After that I'm checking online everyday but no any changes until now, I will update later.

Thanks.

Update from above...
20 Mar 2019: Checked online showing"approved"
21 Mar 2019: Received IPA from 3rd party.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone,

My turn to contribute to the forum:

8 March: Application submitted by new employer
11 March: Pending inputs from other agencies
28 March (between midnight and 7AM): Approved

I'm in financial services, 11 yrs of exp., 4 of which in SG. Hope this helps.

Thanks and good luck!

no there was no waiting status seen

Hi! I was applied for Spass March 18 2019, today, i checked it online after daily of checking that unfortunately for the first time of applying for a pass in Singapore, i got rejected :( and i am browsing thru this thread and it seems others can see the reason for rejection while, i dont have any information.

Below are the details of what i usually see online, and also have checked with my employer and they said they were waiting for feedback for the reason of rejection. How come i think others here can see? Can anyone help?

Foreigner's Particulars (hidden details only)
Request made on  28/03/2019 11:50 PM
    FIN    : G********
    Name    : K********
    Application No.    : A*************
    Date of Application    : 18/03/2019
    Pass Type    : S PASS
    Status    : Rejected

Thank you!

@kazekaze, did you do the SAT for yourself before applying?

kazekaze wrote:

Hi! I was applied for Spass March 18 2019, today, i checked it online after daily of checking that unfortunately for the first time of applying for a pass in Singapore, i got rejected :( and i am browsing thru this thread and it seems others can see the reason for rejection while, i dont have any information.

Below are the details of what i usually see online, and also have checked with my employer and they said they were waiting for feedback for the reason of rejection. How come i think others here can see? Can anyone help?

Foreigner's Particulars (hidden details only)
Request made on  28/03/2019 11:50 PM
    FIN    : G********
    Name    : K********
    Application No.    : A*************
    Date of Application    : 18/03/2019
    Pass Type    : S PASS
    Status    : Rejected

Thank you!

Who told you that others can see the reason for rejection? If someone has mentioned reason about his or her rejection then employer must have informed to the employee. MoM doesn't provide the reason but they give hints about the reason to employer only. Good luck

Hi my spass application was applied on 13 march-
13 march showing status- Pending
And 16 march is showing- We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks.

Today 1 april showing again- Pending

May i have any suggestions, Either my applications will approve or......

Thank You

Ulla1200: You sent me the exact same message as PM yesterday, to which I replied
"I can suggest you read related forum posts - this has been answered before."
Why do you not follow my advice - and post the same message here again without putting in your own efforts to finding the answer?

Hello
I have been reading this forum for two months after my ep application was rejected (on end of Jan) but i still have some queries about my ep application.
According to my HR, he had filed an appeal for me right after the day after the rejection. I have been waiting for more than two months and my appeal status is still pending. Meanwhile, my other friend who applied for the same position in same company (we are also graduated from same course and same university in the same year) has had her work pass approved. Below is her work pass timeline:
Applied 4/3/19
Rejected mid of March
Approved 28/3/19
I am alert that every application is case by case basis and they could not be compared. However, i am wondering what are the possible reasons that caused my appeal still being pending and my other friend had hers approved in only a short while? HR told me that they did not receive any updates from MoM and they will see if they could check with MoM.
My questions are:
1. Will the outcome of ep application be affected if different officer is incharge for it? I heard it from my senior and wondering if it is true.
Thank you.
2. Can the current work pass been cancelled and applied for a new one ?

Hello,
I have questions regarding ep application, hope someone can help to clarify it.
1. Will the outcome of ep application be affected if different officer is incharge for it? I heard it from someone and wondering if it is true.
2. Can the current work pass been cancelled and applied for a new one (for same job in same company)?

Anonymous123:
1. Yes, the duration definitely depend on the officer and his/her workload, but also many other factors.
The result (approved/rejected) is in theory not affected, as there is a set of objective (but unpublished) criteria applied - but in fact it‘s not all black and white and there is certainly room for interpretation.
2. Yes, the emplyer can cancel your current application if they do not want you for this job any more. They can then submit a new application to hire you on another job.
But I guess in your case it‘s better they contact MoM to enquire why it takes that long.

Hi Beppi, thanks for your information.

My situation for EP:

Submitted on 19 March
Pending whole time until rejected on 1 April
Rejected due to job posting issue

Agency resubmitted on same day a new application (they've told me they have addressed the job posting issue).

Now pending once again in the system.

Fingers crossed.

Dear All,

An update here...
My EP application was submitted on 2nd April. Status changed to approved on 3rd & I've received IPA from my firm today (that is 4th April). This has happened in such a record time that it looks surreal to me.
Unfortunately I really don't know the reason behind the expedited process and hence really can't contribute much in the matter. However, I'm planning to discuss this is in detail with HR and will surely comeback with some inputs.

Wish you all best of luck.

Kiara Choudhary wrote:

Dear All,

I've just joined the forum and have gone through various threads. What I've gathered from all these threads is that the standard processing time for an EP is somewhere between 1 week - 2 months.
I'm in a bit of a sticky situation here. I'm a Media professional, working in a renowned media firm in India, handling content licensing & media rights (usually it is construed as a business development profile in a media organisation). I've been offered same profile in Singapore by one of the global Media firms. I've nearly 8 years of work ex, of which 6 years I've been handling the same work profile.
I've graduate and an MBA degree. This new firm has offered me a position of Manager with a monthly fixed salary of S$8500+allowances+bonus/incentives. The firm was  looking to hire the suitable candidate for this position for 5 months, before zeroing down on me.
As I speak, they are initiating the paper work for EP at their end, however they wish me to resign at the current firm immediately, so that I can serve a month's notice period and can join them at the earliest possible.
I'd raised my concern with the HR as well as their agency who's handling my EP application. I don't want to be in a situation where I loose my existing job and my EP also gets rejected. Though the agency has asked me not to worry and they sound overtly confident that I'll be able to get EP within 2-3 weeks.

At this point of time, I could really use some advise from this forum members. Should I put in my papers way before I get the EP? Does my case looks positive for an EP application?

Cheers!

For everyone who are messaging me, above mentioned details are the only ones which I'm aware of.

Hi! Thanks for responding. Well yeah maybe i just thought it was that way but its only their employer who has informed them. Anyway, just an update, i just spoke with my requesting employer a day after the rejection result and they said that they just need to change the job title and have sent me today the screenshot that they re-appealed it  already to mom. Have you heard any incident like mine for the reason for rejection? Thank you again.

Hi,

Yes i did. And it resulted to a possible Spass approval

Hello Dear

My Appeal was submitted on 18-03-2019, Still Pending from MOM. I am waiting Hope my appeal will get approve.

Fingers Crossed

Dear All,

Please find my EP approval process and timelines below:

EP Applied: 28th March, 2019
DP Applied: 30th March, 2019
Initial Status:Pending
EP & DP Approved: 10th April, 2019

Background:
Indian currently working in Kuala Lumpur.
Job Profile:IT
Package Offered: 12k+ pm

Cheers!!!!!

Hello,

Currently I have my valid EP as I am still working in a company. If for example, I accept a job in another company and they will apply a new EP for me. Can I check the status of the new EP here: https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE … Action.do?

What will I see in the inquiry result? 2 EPs? 1 is for my current and another 1 which is being applied?

Thank you.

Yes, you can.
You will see the status of your most recent application.

Another data point for EP application:

Submitted on 19 March
Pending whole time until rejected on 1 April (rejected due to job posting issue)
Resubmitted on same day
Approved 8 April

Hi Surya,
My new employer applied EP for me on 9th April 2019,but status show still 08/05/19 pending.almost month gone. Today i received letter from MOM,they need 3months to valuate the application. according to my employer they S pass quota,can i ask them withdraw EP application and apply Spass ?,kinldy advice since waiting time is 3months...

EP and S-Pass applications are processed in the same way (and take similar time).
You can of course cancel the current EP application and apply for an S-Pass instead, but that means you start from Zero and lost a month.

Hi Beppi,
Thank you for your reply, based on email below from mom
" As we need to carry out more checks, it will take at least 3 months to review your application. Each case will be assessed holistically, taking into account applicant-related criteria, input from other agencies, and whether fair consideration has been given to workers in Singapore.

We will convey the outcome or any additional information to your prospective employer directly."

I worried later if my EP rejected, I have wait again for reappeal or apply Spass right, because I checked my employer they got Spass quota. Normally for Spass approval based on quota right?

Kindly advice