How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Dhivya: Before you post, please check if the question has already been asked and answered on the forum. This one was, many times!
It is annoying for us forum volunteers to see the same things posted again and again - and also to deal with people who seem to be unable to search and read (but, strangely, they can post).

Hi

Mine is still pending

12 years of experience
domain cyber security
hold CISSP, CISM and PMP
Post graduate in computer science
salary 7k
applied on 15/11/2018

any chances of getting this approved

Hi, I just wanted to share my case on EP application.
EP was applied by third party on 9th of January, and just approved today, 19th February during office hour, close to 6 weeks waiting time.
Around the third week, I remembered the status changed to "Vetting" and in the fourth week, it came back to "pending"

I am Indonesian, freshers with 1.5 years experience, with Masters degree in Singapore in finance major.
Hope everyone' EP would get approved.
Surely, this thread really taught me that "patience is indeed a virtue"

Randyrr3.

Many thanks

@Randyrr33

Congratulations............

Mine is still pending from 96 days  "patience is indeed a virtue" :gloria

Guys, This is the status of my EP applications.

Applied on 28th Nov "18 & Rejected on 11th Dec "18 - Due to wrong employer address (13 days)
Applied on 19th Dec "18 & Rejected on 19th Jan "19 - Due to local/foreign recruitment ratio (31days)
Applied on 07th Feb "19 & Approved on 18th Feb "19 - Through different employer (11days)

Good luck guys..

Congratulations Skykes......

Thanks Cking

Dear friends,

I need to clarify one thing...

My third party agent gave me an application number and date of application. But they didn't  give FIN number. If we check MOM sight what should be need, whether FIN number or enough of application number and date of application.??????

Please someone help me to clarify my question.

Yeah EP application number and date of application would be sufficient. Also you can use your passport number and date of birth.

SKYSKEYS,

Many Thanks

Hi herman, has your pass been approved?

Hello Dhivya

Are you able to track with the application number please

Hai ssing

Till now can't able to see
My third party agent called me today might be next week it will able to get approved

Alright Dhivya

Many Thanks for your reply. Wish your pass get approved soon.

Sspsing,.

Many thanks for your wishes

Hi RandyRR33 and congratulations for the approval.
I have a similar situations
Mine was applied 16 Jan was "waiting agency ..." around third week and on 5 Feb changed to "pending" again.
36 days and courting now ...
Hope that I could get it soon ...

beppi wrote:

Indestructible: Thanks for posting an update about your case!
As we wrote many times before, an appeal only has a chance of success if it addresses the rejection reason. With a reason like a general reduction of EPs, as in your case, this is of course difficult to impossible. Maybe your employer could argue that you are essential for their expansion plans that would eventually create local jobs as well?

Hi ,

My Application Timeline :

Applied            :- 27th Dec 2018
Pending until  :- 31st Jan 2019
Rejected          :- 31st Jan 2019
Appealed         :- 18th Feb
Approved        :- 21st Feb

There was no exact reason provided for the rejection. MOM just mentioned they currently are restricting on approvals especially for 1st timers. My employer posted the jobs advertisement after the rejection for 14 days and they prepared a strong appeal file. I don't know why they posted the advertisement. Maybe MOM asked them to do so but my employer didn't informed me anything as such. And finally , i see my application status changed to Approved today. So, am happy now.

Thank You Beppi & Surya :)

Hi Beppi & Surya,

I would like to ask, if I ever applied for EP and it has been rejected and the employer decided not to appeal as MoM didn't mention the reason. Can another employer apply EP again for me though? Because I checked MoM website and noted that my previous rejected record is still there.

Looking forward to your answer
Thanks!

A past rejection has no influence on whether another employer can apply for another work pass on another job for you.
The old record will remain, though.

Hi Guys.

Just want to share my past experience.

1st EP - Rejected last Aug 2017(no reason) - For Client A
2nd EP  - Rejected last Jan 2018(Reason: Underqualified for the salary offered) - For Client A too

3rd EP(For Client B):
Nov 28, 2018 - Applied
Dec 07, 2018 - Rejected(Reason: Underqualified for the salary offered. Same salary as my 2nd EP)
Dec 10, 2018 - Appealed. No information on the appeal made
Jan 25, 2019  - Appeal Rejected. Reason not shared by Employer.

4th EP(For Client C):
Feb 11, 2019 - Applied
Feb 19, 2019 - Approved (Salary offered was a a little bit higher than my previous EP applications)

As you can see, salary was higher on my 4th time BUT it got Approved still! So the lesson here is, just try and try until you succeed. Don't let your pass rejections stop you from trying again. As for my case, 4th time's a charm!

Good luck to those waiting for their EP!

Hello Dear

Can you please help me with my doubt, My EP application has been done before two weeks. But the status is still 'Pending' only. I read in this forum the status are normally change to vetting agencies or other agencies with in 10 days of the application in most cases in this forum. I am little worried about my situation.

Can anyone kindly help me with my doubts. Many Thanks

Not all applications go through the vetting stage - and just two weeks is too early to say anything. Just be patient and wait!

Many Thanks for your reply Beppi.. really appreciated.

Hey

Its 110 days now my EP is still pending dont know my company will consider my employment after this I am really worried now

110 days is REALLY long - the employer should contact MoM and ask what is holding it up!

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Beppi and Surya for explaning every questions regarding the application process. I've been reading this forum for knowledge and also to calm myself while waiting for my permit to get approve.

Details
Ethnicity: Malay
Pass : EP
Related working experience : 2 years and 5 months
Certificate : PhD in Engineering
Date of EP application : 21 feb 2019
Date of EP approved : 7 march 2019
Salary offered : 4k++

I hope for others that still waiting be patient. The luck is always on your side. Cheers. 😁

Hi beppi,

I've been waiting for 50 days now. The application date is jan 16, on Feb 4 my status changes from "waiting agency input" to "pending", which is not common as far as I read in the forum.
I was wondering if its normal to wait for now or to ask my employer to contact MoM because when asked them to check about 3 weeks ago, they said that mom doesn't not share information with them in that regard.
And if the 50 day is ok when should I ask my employer to contact MoM and to ask for exactly.

Thank you in advance.

Hai Tikub,

I am also waiting for long days, my employer (agent) gave my application number and date of application 25th of janury, but till now my status is showing no record found, i dont know how many days i should wait for the notification status..... I am also waiting here for a patience......

tikub wrote:

Hi beppi,

I've been waiting for 50 days now. The application date is jan 16, on Feb 4 my status changes from "waiting agency input" to "pending", which is not common as far as I read in the forum.
I was wondering if its normal to wait for now or to ask my employer to contact MoM because when asked them to check about 3 weeks ago, they said that mom doesn't not share information with them in that regard.
And if the 50 day is ok when should I ask my employer to contact MoM and to ask for exactly.

Thank you in advance.

Hi tikub,
Your status changed from vetting agency to pending which means MOM is deciding on your application. I believe you will see a new status soon.

Thanks for responding Indestructible007,
But it's been more than a month since the status changed, that's why I am worried.
I was expecting a ruling at 3 to 4 weeks, it's been more than 8.

tikub wrote:

Thanks for responding Indestructible007,
But it's been more than a month since the status changed, that's why I am worried.
I was expecting a ruling at 3 to 4 weeks, it's been more than 8.

Hi Tikub,
You can ask ur agent to check with MOM by calling them.

Hi, Everyone

I just want to share my friend's spass renewal process.

Expiry Date - 10.Mar.19
Date Renew - 11.Feb.19
Date Approved - 25.Feb.19
Medical Exam - 06.Mar.19
Medidal Result submitted - 07.Mar.19 (expidite)
IPA issued - 08.Mar.19

Validity - 1 year only (passport no problem)
Appealed for 2 years but rejected, so 1 year validity

Previously 2 years spass granted
Before that 1 year
And the rest 2 years every renewal...
no reason given why difference in duration granted.

Background:
Chinese, Female, Single
Site Engineer
10 years working in SG

Mine will share when approved.
Currently on renewal and still pending.

Hope it helps...

Thank you and Good luck to all.

Hello Dear

Can anyone please help me, i had a sad news my EP Rejected today... From three weeks it was pending and today rejected.

Got message from MOM like this, 'This Candidate still does not meet our tightened criteria for an Pass. You may wish to consider leaner manpower options or to recruit Singaporeans on merit. If you still choose to employ this candidate, do consider if he/she is able to command a higher salary for the value he/she offers. Before you do, use MOM's Self Assessment Tool to work out what you would need to pay this candidate for us to consider your appeal'.

Can you please tell me what we need to do in this case and the justification letter need to be submit?

I am so disappointed, I am praying hard to God.

Sspsing:
The letter from MoM is surprizingly clear on the rejection reason: Your salary is too low!
It also gives clear instructions on what the employer can do:
- re-apply with a higher salary (after figuring out in SAT what the accepted minimum is)
- hire a local candidate instead of you
- or hire nobody (="leaner manpower option")

Many Thanks Beppi. Really Appreciated..

Hi,
Can an employer contact mom directly to see why the employment pass process is delayed so long?

Application date: 16 Jan
Switched to pending from need agency input :4 feb
It's been 55 days so far

tikub wrote:

Can an employer contact mom directly to see why the employment pass process is delayed so long?

Did you read related forum discussions? This has been answered many times!
In short: Yes, they can ask, but it will not normally speed up the process.

Hi all,
After rough 2 months of waiting and reading these forums many  times, the result was "Rejected".
I asked my HR to tell me the reason and if they can apply for an appeal.

Many thanks.