EP Approval Time May/June 2022

MY EP got rejected after 7 days.  It says "Your application has not been approved. Please talk to your employer or agent."
May i know what could be the reason or can this be re- appeal? Thank you and hoping for your reply.
- @EP16
Your employer can request the rejection reason from MoM, as indicated.
An appeal can of course be lodged, but whether it makes sense depends on how it addresses the rejection reason.
- @beppi

Update: my EP is finally approved today 8:30 AM. 🙏🏼

My company applied another EP application last June 27 and approved today. Exact 10 days.

Hoping for approval to everyone. Just keep the faith and always trust God's plans. Thank you.
@mids34

Update: approved on 18/07

Hi. This is Amanda,

Are you looking for a new teaching job now?

@ExpatRecruiter888  No

EP applied: 20May
EP approved: Pending
Industry:IT

Anyone let me know how long we need to wait
- @sureshjy

Mine is still  pending. 25 days
- @sureshjy

8 weeks crossed and no update on my EP. Still it is showing in progress. Anybody suggest maximum how many days or months it will take?
@sureshjy It varies on a case to case basis. Recent approvals have taken less than 2 weeks, some have been stuck for 2+ months too.

Have you asked your employer to follow up with MoM?
Sureshjy: Cases with processing times over 2 months are rare, but not unheard of. The longest we encountered on this forum was 6 months - but that was with many clarifications, document requests and verifications on the way. If you didn't hear anything for 8 weeks, your employer should definitely contact MoM to find out what is holding it up!

@Shekhz I informed them to check.

@beppi Thanks for the information. Let me check with them.

EP applied: 29 June
EP status: Pending
Industry: finance

MOM asking company to provide supporting documents. Need patience.
EP applied: 29 June
EP status: Pending
Industry: finance

MOM asking company to provide supporting documents. Need patience.
- @Ki Chg

When do you see "Pending" Status? I mean how many days did you wait to see "Pending Status" on MOM website?

Is there any other way to know that your EP application submitted beside using MOM website link?

Thanks
Is there any other way to know that your EP application submitted beside using MOM website link?
- @high Superman
The most reliable method is asking your employer. They can give you the application reference number, or a screenshot of the application. They also receive your FIN (Foreigner Identification Number) when the application is entered into MoM's system.
If they refuse to give you any of these (and/or are an agency, which are often less than honest, and even sometimes charge the job-seeker for their "service" - which is illegal!), there probably is no application submitted.
- @high Superman
The most reliable method is asking your employer. They can give you the application reference number, or a screenshot of the application. They also receive your FIN (Foreigner Identification Number) when the application is entered into MoM's system.

I am afraid to ask the employer about the status of my EP application because I don't want my employer think I don't trust or believe in their system or ablities.

Could you please help me "How to ask employer about my application status smoothly?"

Now it's about 10 days since they ask my consent letter to apply for the EP application.
I am really nervous and anxious these days.

Thanks for your time and help.
Superman: If it is only 10 days, there is no need to worry. The average processing time is around a month, and some take more than two.
Good evening all,
Kindly I would like to ask that the hospital is applying EP for me.
I already filled and signed the application form

Is there any consent letter have to be submitted to apply for EP?

Thanks
Drahmed: The previousposter probably meant the employment contract, which has to be provided to MoM.
I have a question , I have just signed an offer letter last Friday 15/07. However the HR informed me that they are waiting for the ‘ employment agreement' document for me to sign before they can start applying for EP. Is this practice the norm , if anyone knows ? 
Can they apply EP with just an offer letter ?
This is my first time changing jobs in Singapore . I recall my previous one I only had signed once on a contract before the EP application
Dear all, would MOM reject my EP Application since I am doing job hopping.

1st EP applied: 14 Jan 2022
1st EP approved and IPA issued: 25 Jan 2022
1st EP card issued: 5 May 2022

2nd EP applied: 16 July 2022
2nd EP approval status: PENDING

Nationality: Malaysian

I note that some of my Malaysian friends could get EP within 1 week. But they are doing jobs where the demand from employers is very high due to the nature. They are doing Financial Audit and Financial Due Diligence jobs
Espree: It is necessary for EP application that an employment contract is agreed upon. An offer letter is not normally an employment contract, so an additional document is needed.

Kenneth: Changing job once after a short time is not an issue, but try to stay in that second job for several years to avoid problems!
beppi,

I heard that EP Approval Process is faster for existing EP Holder as compared with new Applicant without EP on hand

Donno how true?

According to a HR Director of a Service Company, for Malaysian holding an EP and change job to get another EP, the process will be quite fast and will take within a week to process and approve the EP

At this juncture, I am still holding the EP for the 1st job and will cancel only once I get the 2nd Job EP

BTW, it is highly advised to get a PR to avoid problem because of the stringent MOM rule which will be implemented soon from Sept 2022 and COMPASS system from Sept 2023
Hi All,

This is my case:
EP applied: 23 June 2022
Additional Document submitted: 11 July 2022
EP approved: Today (20 July 2022)

Industry: IT
Current location: Indonesia
Salary Hike: about 36% (change job in singapore)

Wish you all get the good news soon.

monx2

Congratulation!

Wow 36% increase in salary, you must be very outstanding

You mentioned about changing job in Singapore

How long were you working in your last employer?

IT industry is really good and well known for higher pay.....

I am still waiting and FYI, my last last time when I was in Sg back in year 2012, applied EP, within 12 hours I got the IPA already

this round is considered quite slow ....
- @high Superman
If they refuse to give you any of these (and/or are an agency, which are often less than honest, and even sometimes charge the job-seeker for their "service" - which is illegal!), there probably is no application submitted.
- @beppi

Even first application , the FIN will provided too if application is submitted?
Update and Update Good News!

1st EP applied: 14 Jan 2022
1st EP approved and IPA issued: 25 Jan 2022
1st EP card issued: 5 May 2022

2nd EP applied: 16 July 2022
2nd EP approved and IPA issued: 21 July 2022
Nationality: Malaysian

2nd EP only took 4 working days to approve!
@monx2 Hi, another Indonesian here applying EP for the first time. Mine was applied on 7 July and got an update today that the status is pending because they require inputs from other agencies and would therefore require a longer time before they can update with an outcome.

I wonder if you also received the same message. Thank you!
Hi all,

Newcomer here.

EP applied: 7 July 2022
Estimated issued: 27 July 2022
Pending status: 21 July 2022
The message I got from my agency is “The MOM has mentioned that they require inputs from other agencies and would therefore require a longer time before they can update us with an outcome.”

Basic Salary: 5,5k
YoE: 4 years.

Has anyone received the same message as above? Should I be worried that my estimated issuance date would be pushed back?

Imrt: This is the usual vetting status. You should be able to see that yourself, when logging into EPOnline with your FIN (which the employer or ther agency should give you).

@lmrt 
I'm Indonesian as well. I have changed the EP few times and recently I got an approval. my Employer applied on 29th June and approved on 19 July. it's always done within 3 weeks for my cases. 
When your employer mentioned that MOM need another vetting agencies, it means they are considering your application. Normally they will reject within 5 days (from submission) if your application doesn't meet criteria. So please be patient. 

MOM has launched new feature for "Pass Status Checking" in May 2022. If you apply first EP (just move to Singapore), you may check your status using combination of Date of birth and Passport Number. Once your EP is approved, the FIN will be generated and reflected in the IPA letter. 
With this new feature, from employee side, we won't be able to see the details ( i.e vetting agencies), what we can see are:
-. Pending (Blue color), your application has been processed. in this stage MOM does verification the candidate and company credentials
2. Valid (Green color), your application has been approved. Check your in-Principle Approval IIPA) letter for the next steps. 
3. Invalid (Red color), your application has NOT been approved. with this status you my request for appeal

@krisantium Some applicants and employee said they only see "No record found" or " their work pass history"  when they check on MOM website (work pass section).

So asked their employers to show "submitted application screenshot". Employers can prove that they submitted to MOM.

I do think that these days or maybe start of July, some employee" ( they applied their work pass during July)" cannot access to view work pass status via MOM website. but company side (HR or other company) can confirm the status of their application.

P.S I am not sure about "Duration". maybe 3 weeks, 2 weeks, 20 days, 18 days , calendars days, businesses days....

@beppi ah i see thank you! i havent received my FIN though

@krisantium hi, thank you for your response. it's really helpful! yes it is my first time applying for EP. nice to know that it could mean they are considering my application and wont affect the estimated date. fingers crossed🤞🏻

@lmrt

Waiting on external agencies implies either your professional employment background is being verified or (in most cases), your educational qualifications are being verified. It takes anything up to 28 working days for an agency to revert with an outcome and response to MoM.

Typically in developed countries, it is a few days and not weeks.
Hi all,

Newcomer here.

EP applied: 7 July 2022
Estimated issued: 27 July 2022
Pending status: 21 July 2022
The message I got from my agency is “The MOM has mentioned that they require inputs from other agencies and would therefore require a longer time before they can update us with an outcome.”

Basic Salary: 5,5k
YoE: 4 years.

Has anyone received the same message as above? Should I be worried that my estimated issuance date would be pushed back?

- @lmrt

UPDATE

My pass application has been approved today (25 July)!  It is less than 3 weeks though!

I got an S Pass instead of EP though. My rep said it's common for first time visa application.

I'm so relieved😅
To Boost up some Spirit

EP applied : 15th July 2022
EP approved: 26th July 2022

Converted from S pass to EP(New Employer)

Sector : Manufacturing
Industry : IT

Thank you and all the best to all who are waiting

@beppi After submitting supporting documents, how long does it typically take for mom to review and approve?

Ki Chg: Please read related threads, as this is one of the most discussed topics on this forum. In short: It takes between 2 weeks and 2 months in most cases, but special circumstances differ from this.
EP applied: 25 July 2022
EP approved: 27 July 2022

Industry: Semicon

This is my first job, just graduated. I am really surprised with how fast it took. Maybe because im malaysian and studying at the no 1 university here?
@Crazy pizza
Wahh is really fast. For my case also applied on 7/25 however still show pending. And is also malaysian and semiconductor industry

@sureshjy one colleague of mine took 7 months to approve.

Had received a job offer where the HR wanted me to fill the New EP and SP form.

And after 5 working days, the application for EP is invalid.

Had I checked the eligibility SAT before, probably it gives clarity.

I have been working and studying in SG since 2019. And currently holding EP. Previously, my employer did not ask me to fill this form, they had just do it in house and I was asked to wait.

Is it common for employers to ask you to fill the New EP form?

Have you been involved in the application process to MOM beyond supplementing your education/resume/passport documents?