PR - Applied last March 2020 - Still waiting!!

Hi All, I have applied for SG PR last year March 2020, it's now 11 months but still waiting for the response. Is it usual?

I can understand this may be due to COVID, but having no clue that how long this is going to take. Does anyone have a similar situation as mine? Please voice out!!

Thanks for posting this, as we currently have very, very few PR applicants on this forum (and thus no idea what the situation is now).
Given that the standard processing time has always been a minimum of 6 months - and due to the pandemic it is understandable that they don't want to make decisions - you aren't yet that bad.

Thanks for your response!! have a nice day!!

If they're taking long it means your chances are more. My sister and her entire family got approved after waiting for almost 1.5 year. Good luck

saisudhasg wrote:

Hi All, I have applied for SG PR last year March 2020, it's now 11 months but still waiting for the response. Is it usual?

I can understand this may be due to COVID, but having no clue that how long this is going to take. Does anyone have a similar situation as mine? Please voice out!!

Hi,
One of my friend just got PR rejected after 4.5 months.
Another friend and her entire family are waiting now for 14 months already.
One got approved after 1 year. Another one got rejected after 10 months

Mine applied in Feb 2021. Now only 2.5 months.

So we have no choice but wait and maybe forget it. If result comes early then high chance is rejection.

What are the minimum requirements to apply for a PR on Singapore ?

Here is the ICA page about PR requirements:
https://www.ica.gov.sg/reside/PR/apply
There are, of course, a few unwritten requirements, too (which may change without notice):
- Very few people are granted PR before they have completed three years of living and working/studying in Singapore - and those few are usually world-known artists, sportsmen or scientists, or are bringing lots of money or business to Singapore (we're talking millions here!)
- You are likely to be rejected if you apply without including your whole family (male offspring, who then has to serve NS, increases your chances)
- Your chances are higher if you have skills (e.g. university degree) that are in demand in Singapore
- Overseas Chinese have better chances than others
- Older applicants (above 55 years) are usually rejected
- You are expected to see this as a stepping stone to Singapore citizenship

I have a friend who applied in Jan, early this year and just gotten her approval in May despite currently Covid situation. She earn a decent salary, hold a MBA and married to a local citizen. So having qualifications and job stability definitely help to speed up the process. To add on she have been working in SG a year before applying.