EMPLOYMENT PASS Appeal status

imeldachen88 wrote:

Besides, when my previous company cancel my S Pass in Sept, I received email from MOM that I can apply for STVP up to 89 days to look for a new employment.

This is an interesting, new fact. So far, the post-work-pass STVPs were limited to 30 days with no possibility to extend.
Is yours an exceptional case, or is this the new normal?

Yes I think it is a new policy from MOM due to the border closing and to give a chance for us to look for new employment ( not sure if i can copypaste the email here). I have thought also I will need to go back to my home country after 30 days but so grateful MOM sent me the email and said I can apply for STVP extension for 89 days

This is the timeline for my STVP

Last day in company: 30 Sept 2021
S Pass cancellation: 6 Oct 2021 (STVP given till 5 Nov 2021)

MOM sent me email if I would like to extend my STVP: 8 Oct 2021
Submit my request for extension: 9 Oct 2021
MOM approved my request: 14 Oct 2021
STVP extension approve till 5 Dec 2021

And MOM mentioned I can still submit a request for my STVP extension 7 days prior to the expiry in Dec.

Hope the timeline is clear :)

However, I got my S Pass approval on 21 Oct, so the STVP extension actually not needed :p

imeldachen88 wrote:

Yes I think it is a new policy from MOM due to the border closing and to give a chance for us to look for new employment ( not sure if i can copypaste the email here). I have thought also I will need to go back to my home country after 30 days but so grateful MOM sent me the email and said I can apply for STVP extension for 89 days

This is the timeline for my STVP

Last day in company: 30 Sept 2021
S Pass cancellation: 6 Oct 2021 (STVP given till 5 Nov 2021)

MOM sent me email if I would like to extend my STVP: 8 Oct 2021
Submit my request for extension: 9 Oct 2021
MOM approved my request: 14 Oct 2021
STVP extension approve till 5 Dec 2021

And MOM mentioned I can still submit a request for my STVP extension 7 days prior to the expiry in Dec.

Hope the timeline is clear :)

However, I got my S Pass approval on 21 Oct, so the STVP extension actually not needed :p

Great info, new intel for forum members- thanks for sharing indeed.

Hello,

Sharing my details

Date of Epass Expiration- May 14, 2022

Date of application: Nov 15,2021
Epass Approved : Nov 22, 2021

Industry : IT/HR SOFTWARE
Salary : $7500
Yrs of Experience: 6yrs in Singapore, 14yrs in total
Education: Post Graduate diploma in Singapore

Tips:

1. Renew your epass/spass 6months before so if theres an issues arise you will not pressure to resolve it.

2. Do the SAT before applying and making sure that the salary is in MOM qualification.

3. The most important tip is to PRAY HARDER . GOD WILL DEFINITIVELY ANSWER YOUR PRAYERS.

Thank you for this forum:

Justin Justin38 wrote:

Hello,

Sharing my details

Date of Epass Expiration- May 14, 2022

Date of application: Nov 15,2021
Epass Approved : Nov 22, 2021

Industry : IT/HR SOFTWARE
Salary : $7500
Yrs of Experience: 6yrs in Singapore, 14yrs in total
Education: Post Graduate diploma in Singapore

Tips:

1. Renew your epass/spass 6months before so if theres an issues arise you will not pressure to resolve it.

2. Do the SAT before applying and making sure that the salary is in MOM qualification.

3. The most important tip is to PRAY HARDER . GOD WILL DEFINITIVELY ANSWER YOUR PRAYERS.

Thank you for this forum:

Hi there, one post is enough to express your excitement and outcome of the approval. You don't have to post it multiple times on various threads. Thanks for your kind consideration and understanding.

Can we renew the S pass while the EP appeal is in progress ?

Imranali034 wrote:

Can we renew the S pass while the EP appeal is in progress ?

No.

This has been discussed several times, one pass at a time.

Good day everyone

My employer received below message from MOM for the EP rejection appeal. It has been 3 weeks and MOM needs 3 more weeks. Not sure wat will be the outcome.

We know this appeal is important to you. However, we need more time to review  it. We will make every effort to get back to you within next 3 weeks

Appreciate your replies and kind advice.

Imranali034 wrote:

Good day everyone

My employer received below message from MOM for the EP rejection appeal. It has been 3 weeks and MOM needs 3 more weeks. Not sure wat will be the outcome.

We know this appeal is important to you. However, we need more time to review  it. We will make every effort to get back to you within next 3 weeks

Appreciate your replies and kind advice.

I got this message on 25-Oct, and got approved last Friday. After 3 weeks, if mom didn't reply, you can ask HR to call MOM, they will expedite the process.

Good luck!

Does MOM consider about the salary and currency differences between countries?
For example, in china, a professor's monthly salary is 3000 SGD, which is good salary in China. But a postdoc job can get 6000 SGD in singapore, does this considered a high salary jump?

When you are moving to SG from a country with a lower economy, salary bumps are not considered, market standards come into play given your qualifications, experience and skills.

great answer, thank you very much

Hi All,

Any EP rejections in this Year(2022).

Please reply.

Thanks,

You got you visa Approved and how long it took for outcome

S pass applied- feb. 21, 2022
Rejected- march 06, 2022
Reason- low salary
Appealed- march 09, 2022

Waiting for positive outcome

Ep renewal rejected after a week and appeal currently has pending status for 1 week already. Expiry of current pass is in early Apr. Has anyone been in same case and requested current ep to be extended while appeal is pending? I had the same case 4 years ago and we were able to request for extension. I was wondering if that option still exists now and if anyone was successful in getting the extension.

Your employer can apply for an exeptional temporary extension, in cases where the company would face serious hardship if you have to (temporarily) stop work. It is assessed on a case-by-case basis.

S.Pass Applied----- 16.2.22
S. Pass Rejected--- 25.2.22
Reason: "Salary need more clarification"
Appealed  ---------------- 4.3.22
As of now the appealed result is pending

Hopefully will have good news >.< T^T

Thank you! Have brought this up to Hr and they have asked MOM and yes they confirmed it can be done 7 days before pass expiry while appeal is pending.

@Shekhz Good day , Just want to ask the chance of the approval from MOM, my status is rehired , my previous boss apply me for SPASS the same pass he applied for me last time , HR applied Jan 20,2021 and got rejected , the reason is no quota, and ask me to wait for the quota to comeback HR said. After 3 weeks HR appeal against rejection and got rejected again , the reason is there's a 1 bill that is never paid and said they settled the unpaid bill and send another appeal against rejection for the 2nd time. 

Just want to ask if there is someone here have encountered  the same reason of rejection like mine?  And is there any chance to get rejected of MOM again after HR addressed the issues why got rejected ? And want to know also how long it takes for the application to have an approval after getting rejected 2 times?

@ysk1986 mine.. appeal got rejected also due to unpaid bill as per HR then settled it and send another appeal that day. Now waiting for the approval, I don't know how long the approval will take after getting rejected twice. 

@YUI0099 

Hi. Any update for your appeal?

@joelreyn1120  got approved?

@noriel633 not yet. Still waiting. Its already 3 weeks since appeal.

@joelreyn1120 hope we get positive result🙏🙏

@noriel633

[Edited: Please post in English only on this Anglophone forum - otherwise the moderators cannot do their job and have to remove your message. If in doubt, please read the forum rules!]

@joelreyn1120

[Edited: Please post in English only on this Anglophone forum - otherwise the moderators cannot do their job and have to remove your message. If in doubt, please read the forum rules!]

@noriel633

Finally ep renewal is approved!

Applied Mar 1, rejected Mar 8 saying need clarification on educational docs. Company appealed on same day Mar 8. 

Mar 30 appeal still pending so they applied extension for my current pass because it was about to expire 10th Mar and extension was approved, got extended 1 month. Ends up we're not gonna be using the extension after all since the ep got approved today Apr 1. 

There is hope for everyone, just need to patiently wait. 

Congrats! 

@joelreyn1120  got any update? Mine still in pending status as per HR.

Mine was appealed on the 10th of february and still pending until now. Not quite sure whats going on. oh well , next week will be its 9th week. so stressed out 

@hellojojo hope for positive result..🙏🙏🙏

Hi is possible to check Spass appeal status via online. 

In MOM portal. Because agent told me that they have appealed already. But the status still showing as rejected.

RM_Rana: Please read related forum discussions before posting a question - this has been answered numerous times and we don't like repeating ourselves!

@noriel633 Thank u !!

@hellojojo hi do u get any reply? Thanks.

@donking29 Finally approved as of today !  more than 9 weeks !!!!!! total visa got rejected since 2014 = 10 times lol. I had to refresh the web many many times to believe it

@hellojojo 😆😆 congratulations brother!! Share the positive vibes around!! You deserved it!