Work permit rejected

Hi, recently an agent applied a work permit for me and it got rejected. The reason MOM gave was ' MOM assesses each work pass application on its own merits, taking into account various factors. We seek your understanding that we are unable to share more details on this. Thank you.'. I have 1 year of working as an English teacher in an international school in Malaysia. And the job offered is an English teacher in a kindergarten where training is also provided for me. Is there any reason as to why they rejected?

@sunithasris3 also, the permit applied is a normal work permit.

@sunithasris3  you may request the company to appeal for you. Otherwise you may keep apply for other industry or if it still rejected and you really keen to work in SG, I suggest you to try FNB Line that requires cooking and such. Hope this helps!

Thank you @roserosland My company is trying to appeal. But first they are to figure out as to why it got rejected in the first place and furbish the application. They too do not understand why it was rejected :((

@sunithasris3

Want to cancel my IP work permit

' MOM assesses each work pass application on its own merits, taking into account various factors. We seek your understanding that we are unable to share more details on this. Thank you.' Is there any reason as to why they rejected?
-@sunithasris3

There is of course a reason for the rejection, but MoM won't tell it.

And without knowing the details of your case, we also cannot guess.

You can read on this forum many discussions about potential rejection reasons and try to figure out what might apply in your case.

@sunithasris3 are you Malaysian? If yes, most cases are affected for Malaysian who resign or affected during Covid19 lockdown. Sharing based on experiences, me and my 3 other friends used to work in SG before the covid19, but then when we went  back to SG and got accepted by few companies and applied for WP in the same industry we worked before such as Tourism, healthcare (customer service) and admin works, it got rejected but once we applied for FNB line that requires cooking skills, it approves within a minute LOL. You may try to apply healthcare industry but PSO/PSA position. Hope this helps

Hi @roserosland when you applied on the FNB line did they require you to have a company to vouch for you?

@Faye Duong nope, less than 24hrs IPA approved

@roserosland great to know! been trying to read more info about this as I've heard a lot of work permits getting rejected even with the company vouching for the employee. thanks

@sunithasris3 If Agency Appeal For Rejected Work Permit Can Approved

@hridoynayem02 If the rejection reason is removed in the appeal, it has a chance. Otherwise not.

But agencies often screw up (and seldom help), so you are well advised to skip them and deal with the employer directly!

Me too work permit rejected no reason,i have apply for job but MOM rejected and rejected..

me too wp rejected i don't why any one can apply for me  i have problem

Work pass must be applied by your employer, people don't apply work pass for you.

Hello sir

i am fazlur here i want to know about new comer work permit holder apply few time but reject application

his name : MD Shahin passport no: [Personal details removed by moderators - please read the  forum rules!]

please can helf this case

thank you so much

@fojlul100 Who is this person and what is your relationship to him/her?

In any case, the only thing that could help is the employer contacting MoM.

@beppi

hi beppi, i am a Spass holder and my new employer has applied new Spass for me. But HR has filled out some of my personal info wrongly, such as my education period not in line with my previous IPA records and current company name and position also filled differently. It's been pending for over 2 weeks already. I am so worried if it might get rejected due to the wrongly filled info as I already passed my resignation letter to my current employer. I also just found out some of the info were only after i resigned. Please any of your advice would be really appreciated.

@Ahhua It is never a good idea to resign before having the next job secured.

Inconsistent data is one of the most common rejection reasons. Your new employe should immediately contact MoM and correct their mistakes!