S Pass pending status for more than a month

Hi!
It's my first time applying in Singapore and I don't really know if it takes this long. But does anyone know why my S pass or E pass application is pending for more than a month? It showed pending status last July 8 and yet until now it is still the same. I'm an Electrical Engineering graduate from a known University in the Philippines with more than two years of relevant experience.
Can anyone enlighten me regarding this?

@Jules Morgan it could be stuck in DATAFLOW.. might take 2-3months..

@Wanderer088 is there anyway to follow up with MoM?

Work pass application processing takes between 2 weeks and 2 months in most cases, but special circumstances can deviate from that. One reason for delays can be the verification of your credentials: If your schools or ex-employers take long to reply, that is out of MoM's control!

@Jules Morgan no way to chase MOM, otherwise might be a reason to reject your application. No choice but to wait.. some cases, spass takes 6months to get approval until they verified your submitted credentials..

Thank you for your awesome replies!

@beppi Does MoM check also for the detail experience of the employee? I mean that they contact with the previous employers for the past salaries and worked duration in the company. Thanks in advance.

@BIN GO72 Sg Govt has all your details, didn't you know?

@Shekhz Sorry. I forget to describe that I am a new S pass aplicant and I have never worked in Singapore.And also, I am from Myanmar and I worry about in communication between my previous employers and MoM.

BIN: They check whatever they think is necessary, normally if they have doubt, but there are also spot-checks without reason.
Normally, local vetting agencies are engaged, who know how to get such information in your country!

@beppi Thank you for your answer. My employer applied s pass for me in the 3rd week of July. And honestly, I am a little worry for long time pending (2~3 months) because of the previous employers delay in reply or don't reply.

@BIN GO72 it is pending for verification… verification of your qualifications..

@Wanderer088 Thank you for your helpful answer.

@BIN GO72

what is your application status now?

@Usobbdy It is still pending bro. For your information, it is applied on 4th week of July. Until now, there is no comment, no request for additional document. When HR contacted MoM, they just simply say 'please wait'. It already takes 6 weeks.

The official (according to MoM) work pass processing time is currently 6 - 8 weeks - probably because they get more applications than usual now and have a huge backlog. As before, it can take longer than that in some complicated cases, e.g. if MoM has to request additional information or documents, or if they require "vetting" (i.e. a check whether your claimed credentials are true - in that case investigations are done in your home country by external agencies).

@beppi Thank you for your information. It is a waiting game and stressful.

My EP application has been in "Pending" status for more than 6 weeks now and this is not my first EP. Not sure what the actual reason is where more and more applications are getting delayed.

15 days and counting ....

@Usobbdy It is still pending bro. For your information, it is applied on 4th week of July. Until now, there is no comment, no request for additional document. When HR contacted MoM, they just simply say 'please wait'. It already takes 6 weeks.
-@BIN GO72

Have a good result.

@BIN GO72 how about your status? still pending?

@Usobbdy Yes. 😁

I checked again with HR for the MoM's comment. And again no comment.

I contacted my awarding university and there was no checking for my qualification.

So, no request additional documents, no comments and not delaying for qualification checking and I really don't know which is making the delay.

On the other hand, my friend's friend got his Spass in 3 days.

@Usobbdy Yes. 😁
I checked again with HR for the MoM's comment. And again no comment.
I contacted my awarding university and there was no checking for my qualification.
So, no request additional documents, no comments and not delaying for qualification checking and I really don't know which is making the delay.
On the other hand, my friend's friend got his Spass in 3 days.
-@BIN GO72

Hey, how is it? Still pending?

@Usobbdy Exactly! There is nothing we can do. So, just wait.

@beppi Hi Beppi Im trying to look for the information on MoM website which says processing time is 6- 8 weeks but cant find it,

the official information is 85% of cases within 3 weeks. May I ask if your source is accurate in that MoM is smashed by applications and processing is delayed?

@Jules Morgan how about the status now! Still pending

Hello  Tharchani Sanggar,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

The last time Jules Morgan visited the forum was 3 months ago.

Should you too want to discuss any topic, feel free to start a new thread on the Singapore forum.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi im Bala,

How to know our application status

Is there any link for mom singapore??

Kindly help me

@Bala Bose Just check the EPOnline tool on MoM's website!

(You need a Singpass to log in.)

you got your spass?

@Jules Morgan

Did you get your S pass at that time?

@BIN GO72

Did you get your pass?

@BIN GO72 it's is approved ur s pass

Closed