How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Depends on what this company told to MoM as reason for the withdrawal/cancellation.

Guess I'll ask my ex company...

Hi all,

I am 29 years old, work as a Software Engineer with around 5.5 years of experience. I have bachelor degree (from top 30 university in Indonesia, not top notch, but not bad also) in Computer Science. I also married with 1 child.

I currently got an offer for SGD 6.8k/month(with 13th salary and 1 month bonus per year) from a well known company in Singapore, EP will be submitted around this week.

I have questions, and i already read some answers related to my topic but can't really find the answer:
1. If employer is well known and like semi-government related, will EP chance improved, and processed faster?
2. I currently work about 6 months for company C. Before this, I work for company B for 6 months. Will this make my chance smaller as i seen as a job hopper? But before company B, I work for company A for about 2 years. All my experience are from Indonesia.
3. Will MoM check personal bank loan? I have some bank loan (no outstanding issue, i pay monthly) because beside of my wife and children, i also have parents to look after.
4. My wife is not graduate yet, will be graduate around end of this year, so i just give her high school credentials as education to my employer. Will this affect my chance to get EP?
5. From your perspective, what do you think about my chance to get an EP? I already check SAT and it said eligible for EP and S Pass, but SAT not check other parameters that i mentioned.

Thank you!

1. No.
2. Since all this happened outside of Singapore, it will not have an impact. But do not change jobs that often once you are here!
3. As long as you stayed within the law, it is o.k.
4. Did your wife also apply for an EP? Otherwise no impact.
5. MoM will decide on a case-by-case basis, considering far more criteria than you mentioned.

Thanks Beppi!

4. No, it's required only because my status is married, so my employer need to fill my wife credentials as well.

anybody here who's application  been pending for > 2 months? its been exactly 2 months since my husband's loc has been applied. any suggestions what we can do?

Please read the forum: There have been several cases of applications pending for more than two months!

Just to let you know, guys!
My pass has been issued today. It took almost 3 weeks.

Wish all of you success and smooth application.

FYI, I have just received the "approved" status on my EP.
Application date: June 10
Approved date: July 4
It is almost a month!

Just an update here guys;

EP applied on 20th March, received an email from MOM after 2 weeks suggesting that they will need a minimum of 3 months to go through the application. Just got the approval this morning, on 5th July. From my experience, if your employer pushes MOM, it certainly does help, they chased them every week and got 3 expedition tickets. All the best guys who are waiting, it comes when it comes, so just sit tight and keep digging!

Congrats deepk88, could you share how many years your EP is valid for?

Hi All,

Would like to check if it is allowed to get EP cancel in advance.

Like a week before last day of service.

Regards.

Once the EP is cancelled, you are not allowed to work any longer.
Thus your EP shoulkd be cancelled on the last day of work or later.

After the in-principle approval/IPA is received and Notification Letter is issued but before the physical EP pass is issued, are you allowed to exit Singapore for a few days and re-enter? (there is a business trip that I will need to make shortly after receiving the notification letter).

whampoa wrote:

After the in-principle approval/IPA is received and Notification Letter is issued but before the physical EP pass is issued, are you allowed to exit Singapore for a few days and re-enter? (there is a business trip that I will need to make shortly after receiving the notification letter).

We have discussed this several times in the last few months!
The IPA is a one-time entry visa to come to Singapore to start work.
If you want to exit Singapore again before the actual work pass is issued, use another visa (NOT the IPA)!
But you mentioned buisiness trip: You are NOT allowed to do any work BEFORE the work pass is issued, so DON'T!

beppi wrote:
whampoa wrote:

We have discussed this several times in the last few months!
The IPA is a one-time entry visa to come to Singapore to start work.
If you want to exit Singapore again before the actual work pass is issued, use another visa (NOT the IPA)!
But you mentioned buisiness trip: You are NOT allowed to do any work BEFORE the work pass is issued, so DON'T!

I wasn't clear in my message - I meant after the EP Notification Letter is received but before I receive my physical card(?) Thanks.

I was under the impression that the EP is issued within a day.
But if that is not the case, you should ask MoM how to proof that you have an EP when re-entering.
I assume no card is needed, since everything is in their database anyway - but better ask!

Hi guys,

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

My details are as follows:
EP applied on: May 28 2019 (EP applied for the 1st time in SG)
Experience: 10+ years relevant exp. (All outside Singapore)
Current status: Pending (48 days passed)

MOM requested some documents from the company June 28 and they submitted them ASAP.

So I'm eagerly waiting for the pass untill now.
Actually I want to know how frequent they (MOM) check each application? Like if they hold the review and wait for any other additional documents, will they check it again the moment they receive them?

Thank you all specially beppi and surya for keeping this thread alive and give hope for numerous applicants!

Hi guys,

Here is my profile and EP submission:

Related Experience: 5+ years (Indonesia)
Related Degree: Bachelor (Indonesia)

01 July 2019: EP applied (1st time apply). Not shown yet in EPOL.
03 July 2019 (noon): Pending (First time shown in EPOL).
03 July 2019 (night): We need inputs from other agencies to process this application.
Current status: We need inputs from other agencies to process this application.

I'll update again if status changed.
Cheers!

Tm100: If MoM receives the requested information, the case is marked as active and entered into the „To Do“ list of the processing officer. He/ she will then look at it when all tasks with higher priority or longer waiting time are done.

The EP issuance notification letter can be used at immigration during entry / exit to Singapore. It written on the Issuance letter itself at bottom of the page.

satriap wrote:

Hi guys,

Here is my profile and EP submission:

Related Experience: 5+ years (Indonesia)
Related Degree: Bachelor (Indonesia)

01 July 2019: EP applied (1st time apply). Not shown yet in EPOL.
03 July 2019 (noon): Pending (First time shown in EPOL).
03 July 2019 (night): We need inputs from other agencies to process this application.
Current status: We need inputs from other agencies to process this application.

I'll update again if status changed.
Cheers!

Update:
EP Approved today (19 July 2019).

I hope everyone will also get Work Pass soon!

Dear All - hope all of you are well!

Below are the details of my two (2) Employment Pass applications this year.

First application
- Submitted on 19 February 2019
- Approved on 20 February 2019

Second application
- Submitted on 10 July 2019
- Approved on 19 July 2019

Cheers and have a good weekend!

tm100 wrote:

Hi guys,

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

My details are as follows:
EP applied on: May 28 2019 (EP applied for the 1st time in SG)
Experience: 10+ years relevant exp. (All outside Singapore)
Current status: Pending (48 days passed)

MOM requested some documents from the company June 28 and they submitted them ASAP.

So I'm eagerly waiting for the pass until now.
Actually I want to know how frequent they (MOM) check each application? Like if they hold the review and wait for any other additional documents, will they check it again the moment they receive them?

Thank you all specially beppi and surya for keeping this thread alive and give hope for numerous applicants!

I'm getting really nervous now as its already 55 days having pending status!

Actually my client company is a world renowned global bank, but the consulting agency which my payroll will be on, is not a big company. I'm wondering if there are any reason related to this to delay my EP.

tm100: There are many possible reasons for a longer processing time. Read the first post in this thread!

l'm in similar situation. applied on June 10th, now still pending waiting fot other agency input...problem is you can do nothing... i was expected to start working in mid august...

Hi all,

I've been reading this thread since I started getting a bit anxious from Jul 10th onwards. Thanks to beppi & surya2k for sharing insights through the years.

I'm wondering if MoM has occupation and main work location preference for EP issuance? Also, does MoM differentiate if the applying employer is a SG local company vs. a branch of MNC?

I'm in financial services industry, 14 years of work experience, directly relevant work experience 8 year+. I have 1st class honor's degree from NUS, total 5 year+ work experience in SG, then Masters' degree in Finance from UK, used to be Singapore PR (re-entry permit expired a year ago). Current offer is from a reputable global firm's Singapore office (Asia HQ), package offered is very close to the PEP standard. The employer wants me to cover their mainland China business based out of Singapore.

Submission was made June 10th. Then an MoM query came within June asking the employer recruitment methods used. Then the status has been that "waiting for inputs from other agencies... 4 weeks, maybe longer" line all along.

I found no factor in my background that could disqualify me, and wonder what's the best next step.

Thanks for the help.

Elimscn: Not many of your calibre come and share their experience on this forum, so we cannot say much based on anectdotal evidence.
The best you can do is wait - and your employer could occasionally contact MoM an ask.

Hi All,

Just a update on my application: approval on my application was granted 7.25, 45 days waiting time.

Wish everyone good luck with your applications.

Cheers

Sir my ep applied 16 Feb 2019
Rejected on 20 Apr 2019
Re applies on 28 Apr 2019
He told me
Now still pending
My application

What can I do
Sir

Ashwinachi: Three months is an extraordinarily long processing time for an application. Are you sure it's still processing (check EPOnline status!)? If so, you should tell your employer to contact MoM and ask why it takes that long.

He told me
It's still processing

What can I do

He told me spass is approved but don't show that on mom online

Spass r k for job

How can I know that msg

Mom online website still showing that rejected

I ask that employer
He said to me
Wait for 3 week s

It I believe him r not

There is a strange discrepancy in your message:
- If EPOnline says "rejected", then they have not re-applied (or the re-application was also rejected by now). They might instead have appealed against the rejection, which is not shown in EPOnline.
- You said that S-Pass is approved. Then it would not show "rejected" in EPOnline, but "approved". Did you receive the IPA letter for the S-Pass? If not, ask your employer for it. You can travel to Singapore and start work with it!
- If you think you have no S-Pass (yet), but the employer has appealed against the rejection, you should ask them to contact MoM and find out why it is taking that long.
- If you are not sure, try to find out if you have been cheated. You can contact MoM yourself - they do not always entertain questions from job seekers, but it does no harm to try. If the employer (or any agent) charged you for the visa application (or is still trying to charge you), you have probably been cheated (which is unfortunately common).

But sir
HR .Lee  call me
And he said wait for 2 weeks
Appeal that application is still processing

He told me " SMRT HR "

Is that possible

But he said salary mismatch and he want to certificates republic attested

What can I do sir

I do not know what "SMRT HR" and "certificates republic attested" means in this context.
You can either do what I recommended, or you do nothing, or something else. Up to you!

This guys are fraud

I don't how garage that people

If they want to charge you for the work visa application, it is always a fraud - because by Singapore law all fees and costs related to that must be borne by the employer.

I don't any charge s

But plz tell me
I believe are not

I waiting for a job

I want to deside what to do

Do you tell me this is useless for waiting

I want to deside now?
Tell me sir
I waiting for a. Years tell me sir

How can we tell you whether your job offer is genuine or not - if you don't know it yourself?!?
I told what you can do, but you seem to not want to follow my advice.
Then you better decide for yourself what you want to do instead!