How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

There is no site to check on DP applications.
I think you need to give your residential address in the application, but possibly the emplyer‘s adress is also o.k.

cherry676 wrote:
cherry676 wrote:

Hi All!

I wanted to add a data point here. My wife secured a job offer after four months of hunting and the employer applied for E Pass. Today it got rejected and MoM did not specify any reason. The employer will check with MoM tomorrow to find out the reason.

11/10/2019 - E Pass applied
14/10/2019 - Able to find in the system and stayed in 'Pending' state
30/10/2019 - Rejected

Software Engineer
3 years 7 months experience
5.4k SGD per month
Indian nationality

Looks like the basic criteria is met. We are hopeful that MoM gives an easily addressable solution. Very likely to appeal and I shall update if there is any progress.

HR had a discussion with the MoM officer to find out the reason for rejection. HR has not revealed the exact reason to us so I think it is an issue from their side. Today HR informed us that the appeal has been submitted with additional documents as requested by the officer. HR mentioned us that they are positive about the appeal and we should hear from MoM in 2 weeks. I believe that the appeal was made sometime in the last week.

30/10/2019 - Rejected
(05/11/2019 - 08/11/2019) - Appeal submitted

Online status is 'Rejected' and I understand from other threads that it remains 'Rejected' even after appealing. I hope the result is positive.

Final update. E Pass is approved. I did not expect that MoM updates over the weekend. I checked yesterday evening and it showed approval. Here is the entire timeline.

30/10/2019 - Rejected
(05/11/2019 - 08/11/2019) - Appeal submitted
24/11/2019 - APPROVED

All the best to everyone who is waiting.

Hi Beppi/Surya2K,

Thanks for your help post. As i have received my IPA and found that in Medical information box mentioned; "Medical Required: Declaration" what does this mean? Do I need to attend medical checkup or not?

Appreciate your helpful answer.

Regards,

It probably means you need a medical checkup, but your employer can certainly explain it to you.

Im a EP holder. How much minimum Salary is required to process my dependent pass for my wife and kid ?

Rakesh2408 wrote:

Im a EP holder. How much minimum Salary is required to process my dependent pass for my wife and kid ?

This was mentioned several times in related forum threads - and is also clearly stated on MoM's webpage: Please do your own research before posting here!
The answer is S$6000/month for spouse and kid(s), S$10000/month for parents.

Hi,

My situation is as of below:

Nationality: Malaysian Chinese
University: Malaysian university
Experience: Fresh grad
Role: Automation engineer
Company profile: Mid-sized pharmaceutical commissioning firm
Salary:3.6k
EP application: 18th October (43 days of the day of writing)

Issue: 1)According to Linkedin, employer company has around 30-40% pass holders
               (according to my estimates, may not be accurate).
           2) HR has notified me that MOM stated that they may take 3-4 months as
               they need a longer time to verify my profile and the opportunity could have
               been given to locals.

Should I be patient as suggested previously by beppi and surya2k or should I start looking for alternative jobs?

You can (and in my opinion should) do both: Wait and at the same time scan the market for other opportunities. But even if this application is cancelled, the next may take the same time (and you start at zero again).

Hi

I would like to know that after submitting additional documents as requested by MOM whether the time cycle would reset to 3 weeks again or only additional time would be taken for processing the newly submitted documents.

Thanks

Cctejas: Read the first post in this thread to get an idea what stages your application goes through and how long they will take.
There is no „reset“ but also no three weeks rule.

Thanks Beppi for your reply

in the third week from the date of application submission, MOM asked to submit some documents related to the employer and even they fulfilled the requirement in immediate next week only, Now after almost 2 weeks of resubmission of documents the status is still in the pending state That's why I am worrying :(

Hi.
Need suggestion.

Background->
Got a job offer from Singapore.
Employer applied for my EP.(applied on 12-nov ..still pending status).
My wife is also a working woman. And I can see potential opportunities on jobs sites for her as well.

options i can think of-
1. DP pass for her and then let her work in singapore with DP??
or
2. Let her search job only and then let employer process her own EP pass ??

Not sure of option 2 valid ..can we both work their on individual EP pass ??
so if one is unemployed later , can stay their as DP and search other..

Please correct me whats the best.

Thanking in advance . :)

Sandyexpat: Option 2 is preferable.
Read existing threads for why and how.

Thanks alot :)

Do you think I need to start some follow-up with the employer to check the status with MOM after 6 weeks of application submission?
6 weeks completed (including 1-week delay for submitting additional documents)

Cctejas: The employer can ask for the status, but that won't speed things up or help in other ways. There were many cases taking 2 - 3 months recently, so I recommend you wait.

Thanks Beppi for your quick response and will wait for some more time.
what kind of response can be expected from MOM about the status? does it help to guess anything?

The usefulness of any reply your employer gets will depend on the individual officer. They are not obliged to tell more than "The answer will come in due course", but sometimes they do. The status shown in EPOnline also sometimes tells a bit more.

Read all the very useful information during the application process, thanks for all the contributions.

Just got my EP approval, though lots of cases said it's a weekly basis update, but MOM site did update the status randomly like many others mentioned, here's my case:
Application Submitted: Nov 27.
EP Approval: Dec 7.

Good Luck to all who still waiting.

Will start to book my flight to SG and looking forward to the new life in SG.

beppi wrote:
Rakesh2408 wrote:

This was mentioned several times in related forum threads - and is also clearly stated on MoM's webpage: Please do your own research before posting here!
The answer is S$6000/month for spouse and kid(s), S$10000/month for parents.

Hi beppi, thanks for the info, but seems MOM already raised to 12K/month for parents

Hasegawa wrote:

Read all the very useful information during the application process, thanks for all the contributions.

Just got my EP approval, though lots of cases said it's a weekly basis update, but MOM site did update the status randomly like many others mentioned, here's my case:
Application Submitted: Nov 27.
EP Approval: Dec 7.

Good Luck to all who still waiting.

Will start to book my flight to SG and looking forward to the new life in SG.

Congrats Hasegawa. Can you share your background ? Also, what time did you get approval?

country => india
Education=> Masters in field.
Experience=> IT 6 years.
Job Offer=>$6k p.m.
Application Date => 12-Nov.
Query by MoM=>19-Nov "If ever worked earlier in Singapore?" Employer replied on 19-Nov as "No".

Status as on today =>  09 -Nov  still "pending"
Total days -> 28
Working days -> 20

Any hint/predictions/similar case respect to query raised by MoM ?
Should I expect application on rejection path looking at timelines?

The query probably meant that they weren't sure about your identity - maybe there was another person with the same name?
But since that is part of the initial processing step, it means the actual process started after Nov. 19.
Most cases take 1 - 2 months (and there is no way of predicting an individual one).
It is also not possible to tell your approval chances, from the limited data you gave. But at least I see no major problem.
Good luck!

Hi Sandy, any update on your application? Please post if you hear back any updates.

Hi All,

I am a Chinese, have a NUS master and a China bachelor, worked in SG for 2 years with an EP.

Recently I got a offer and the prospective employer applied for EP for me. But it's already 35 days passed from the submission of the EP application, MOM stated it would need another 3-4 months. I am confused about two things:
     1. I knew some cases EP application has been pending for 4 months without any notification. Is it normal for MOM to especially notify the employer and me about the delay?
     2. If it's under standard processing, MOM should verify my application, status on 'EP Online' should become 'input from other agencies' or like that, but mine is always pending.

My EP application timeline is as following:

Submission: 13/11/2019
Requirement of my CV: 28/11/2019
Employer called MOM to expedite the process because of the expiration of my stvp: 6/12/2019 (MOM said there may be discrepancy of my working experience)
MOM notification about delay: 13/12/2019

Hopes I am lucky enough so that my EP can get approved as soon as possible! Hopes everyone who is waiting for the EP have a good result.

Thanks a lot for your help!

My employer would send/upload the client letter to MOM since my EP is in a pending state for a few weeks now. Would it be helpful to get the things to speed up?

ToBeLucky: I am not sure what you want to hear from us. If MoM says they will need 3 - 4 months, then that is the best estimate you will get. If no vetting status is shown, your application is in another status (please read the first post of this thread).

Cctejas: You can't really speed up MoM. It takes as long as it takes. But it also does no harm if your employer contacts them.

Thanks for you reply, beppi. Can I distinguish my situation is a case MOM really need to verify or MOM want to slow down the process since my new company has applied for too many EPs?

34 days gone ..still pending

ToBeLucky: MoM does not slow down apllications out of badwill.

Thank you beppi. Maybe what I can do is just waiting.

Hi all.

Have been reading the threads and forums.
Just here to share my current status.

1st Job: 13 June 2018 - Spass application
         In between, they asked for additional information such as primary, secondary education.
                 1 August 2018 - Approved

Renewed this year around June, I believe it took around 2 weeks to renew my Spass, another year validity.

Now I got a new job
Current:
Before application, somehow there were issues with country of origin & birth which I do not know why they were indicated as Singapore (I am not from Singapore and born in Singapore). This process took around 5 days

3 Dec 2019 - Spass application
15 Dec 2019 - I checked status to be approved. This pass has validity of 2 years.

So the 2nd application for Spass it took less than 2 weeks whereas the 1st application, it took 40~50 days.

Basically if you are getting your work pass for new job, in the case of Spass, the processing time may be rather faster. Employment Pass definitely may take longer in average. But I've seen my friends who got EP  approved in less than a week.

Can I ask my new employer to release my EP (which is in the pending state) and ask another interested employer to proceed for a new one?
Would it be hassle-free or the system can handle both the case gracefully?

As we have written in this forum many times before, you can only have ine work pass application in process at any point if time. Thus a second employer can only apply after the old application is cancelled by the first one.

Hi all, I am here to share my experience. I have been reading this forum since the day of my Employment-Pass application. Overall, it took 10 Days to be Approved.

Malaysian Fresh Graduate.
11 December, Wednesday (Afternoon) -Applied & Pending
21 December, Saturday (Afternoon) -Approved

All the best and Everyone.

Hi everyone,

I have been a frequent reader of this forum ever since I was rejected for the EP application. I would like to share my experience regarding my EP application.

- Malaysian
- Fresh graduate in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university in Malaysia
  (Bachelor degree)
- Application submitted on 23rd September
- Rejected after 10 days due to job posting error
- Appealed on 2nd December by submitting the justification of hiring me instead of 12
  locals who applied for the same position
- Approved after 14 days and received IPA on the next day.

Thanks for all the information provided in this forum. It really helped me while I was waiting for the outcome. Good luck and all the best to those who are still waiting.

Thanks Beppi for your response but my question is if both the new and cancelled one are in a queue then whether they will discard a new one or old one has to be cancelled successfully before applying for a new one?
In short: can I request for cancellation and a new one at the same time? and any consequence of it?

Cctejas: I did answer exactly that question above:  A second employer can only apply for a pass after the first one cancelled their application!

Hi Everyone,

Been avidly following this group to understand the process and procedure, a good kudos to all of them whom take time to share their experience & knowledge.

My EP was submitted on 17th Dec & its been 3 weeks and the status is still pending. I understand that each profile would have different processing time, however wanted to understand the current trend on the pass approval.

Would be great if members can share their recent experience in this matter.

Hi All ,can somebody help me on my situation?? , i am currently working on EP for a consultancy. However i got an offer from another company which applied for my EP and i received IPA as well. I may join the company only after 3 months. However in mean time can i apply DP for my wife via consultancy.?? As new company said they can process DP only after i join them and after my new EP is issued.