How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Hello Everyone,

Been a silent reader for a while to understand how actually the process works and what has been the experience of the rest to avoid myself getting paranoid. Today my Spass is approved without any agency check required (Pending since applied and Approved)

Date Appled: 10th September 2019
Approved : 23 September 2019.

A few days back I received the approval for my Employment Pass. Overall, it took about 2 weeks.

Nationality: Indian
Profile: Software Engineer

As data points, here's my timeline:
Aug 27: Application submitted
Sep 10: Approved

Hope it helps!

Thanks for all the information in this forum... Best of luck to everyone!

Hello, I've been lurking here for a while. Just some background on me, I'm an NTU graduate with a Tuition Grand bond and I'm Indonesian-Chinese, currently in Singapore on an LTVP.

My previous EP was applied for on 03/08/2018, and got approved on 14/09/2018 so it took a little over 6 weeks to get approved with all the necessary vetting in-between (The status did change in the process from pending to needing inputs from external agencies and whatnot before finally getting approved).

I left my job on 18/04/2019 due to unpaid salary, and I recently found a new job which applied for my EP today on 23/09/2019. I would like to ask if the process would be faster than my first EP application? Because the HR asked me if I have submitted my educational certificates to MOM before, and I said yes, from my first EP application from my previous job, meaning to say there is no need to upload it anymore according to HR, as it's already within MOM's records, so there will be less vetting?

Or did the HR make a mistake by not uploading my degree and A-level certificates? If so, I will need to contact them to rectify this.

Likewise for my address, it was previously at Pasir Ris which was registered at MOM but now I'm staying at Bukit Batok so I told HR to submit my new address instead... would that be an issue?

Thank you in advance to those who are able to advise me on this.

hi woshidavid95.
Did you got approval??
what current status??

As of this moment, still ‘We need inputs from external agencies...' so still waiting.

WoShiDavid95 wrote:

Hello, I've been lurking here for a while. Just some background on me, I'm an NTU graduate with a Tuition Grand bond and I'm Indonesian-Chinese, currently in Singapore on an LTVP.

My previous EP was applied for on 03/08/2018, and got approved on 14/09/2018 so it took a little over 6 weeks to get approved with all the necessary vetting in-between (The status did change in the process from pending to needing inputs from external agencies and whatnot before finally getting approved).

I left my job on 18/04/2019 due to unpaid salary, and I recently found a new job which applied for my EP today on 23/09/2019. I would like to ask if the process would be faster than my first EP application? Because the HR asked me if I have submitted my educational certificates to MOM before, and I said yes, from my first EP application from my previous job, meaning to say there is no need to upload it anymore according to HR, as it's already within MOM's records, so there will be less vetting?

Or did the HR make a mistake by not uploading my degree and A-level certificates? If so, I will need to contact them to rectify this.

Likewise for my address, it was previously at Pasir Ris which was registered at MOM but now I'm staying at Bukit Batok so I told HR to submit my new address instead... would that be an issue?

Thank you in advance to those who are able to advise me on this.

EP approved today on 12/10/2019. 19 days. Good luck to all waiting.

congratulations..
when (singapore time)  you got approved??

sadaiyappan harini wrote:

congratulations..
when (singapore time)  you got approved??

Sometime in the morning around 9am? I'd guess it got approved on Friday and the system only updated the following day since it was still pending on Friday night.

Hi all, I am a Malaysian fresh grad from an Aussie uni. My company applied for EP at the end of August and MOM asked for my transcripts shortly after. However, HR just told me that MOM will give the outcome by end of November. I checked the status and its still pending. Im just wondering what is the cause of the delay of the outcome.

Max2223: it is not possible to tell, from your brief description alone, How long your application process will take and what the outcome will be.
But there are LOTS of discussions on the forum about similar cases and what could influence the duration and result. Maybe by reading those you will get an idea what is happening in your case.
Alternatively, your employer could contact MoM and try to find out more.

I'm a recent grad who was offered by a company in the financial industry (first job), degree from Australian Uni Business Faculty
Nationality: Malaysian
Salary: 3.7k

EP was applied on 29/8
Uni documents requested by MOM a week after application
About last week HR told me MOM said outcome will be released by 28/11

HR said no need to contact MOM anymore. I'm wondering what is the cause of this long processing time if anyone has an idea.

Max2223: You posted your enquiry twice on the forum, which is neither necessary nor welcome here.
If you had done a bit of your own research instead, you would already know that most applications take 1 - 2 month, with some shorter or longer than that - and there is no way to predict the duration in your case or to do anything about it (other than wait).

Hi,

Does 1 year employment contract (against Permanent contract) impact the EP approval outcome? anyone have experience of 1 year contract applying EP?

Thanks a lot

Also for recent EP/SP holder, did you need to get Medical exam report after got the IPA? If yes then what has to be tested?

Thanks again.

Hi All,

I got an offer from Singapore  based leading IT company and my employer applied E-Pass on 13th Sep 2019.
Its more than 33 days but the application status still in "Pending".

Details -
Engineering graduate (CSE)
7+years experience in same domain.
6500 SGD PM
Indian
First time applying E-Pass

Hi, just sharing my timeline. 1st time application.

4/10/2019: EP applied

As of now still pending, hope this week will get an outcome...

Hi All,

Thanks for your sharing and great advice on this forum. I got a lot of insight from your discussion here.

It's my turn to share on this forum for work pass application.

This is my first time application.

4/10/19 : EP/S Pass Applied
4/10/19 : "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer"

Status has not changed until now.

Hope I can get favorable outcome soon.

Keep finger crossed.

Thank you.

hi everyone..
my epass rejected..
my employer will apply spass for me.
but he said, now no quota.. quota will generate next month 12th to 14th day.
is it true or not.. they said all companies get spass quota monthly 12th to 14th day..

The quota (i.e. ratio of foreigners to local employees) is fixed for a company and does not normally change.
If your employer has no quota space for you, they need to hire more locals or fire other foreigners first.

thank you beppi..
employer have enough local employees, but he said the spass quota will update next month 14th day by mom.
why all companies get quota between 12th to 14th day ??
why mom do not update quota monthly first week??

You are welcome to contact them and suggest an improvement.

Hi All,

Finally I got my EP Application approved. This forum helps me a lot thoughout the process, now is my turn to share some information, I have put my background from other thread, but let's mention again here.

Employment Pass - submitted by Immigration consultant
Application submitted: 11 Oct Friday
Able to search from MOM website: 14 Oct 3:30PM Monday
Application approved: 22 Oct 4:30PM Tuesday
- Status was Pending and changed to Approved directly.
- This is my first time applying EP in Singapore

Here is my profile:
Exp: 10 years
Salary: 10k+ SGD
Employment term: 1 Year contract signed by Employer directly
Hiring Company: Financial industry (US based, 100+ employees in Singapore)
Nationality: Hong Kong
Education: Master degree and Bachelor degree with Honour from one of the Hong Kong universities

hi.
employer1
epass approved 7/03/19
then withdrawn..
again ep applied 7/09/19
ep rejected 16/09/19
appealed 28/09/19
mom states 6weeks time
he planned to withdrawn again.
EMPLOYER 2
will apply spass next month.
1. is it get spass approval quickly??
2.is any stranges to get spass approval
  considering my previous record??
3.is it true or not that mom update spass quota in between 12th to 14th day in a month.??
please reply...

Sadaiyappan: The information you give above is different from what you said in other recent posts. I answer based on the above alone:
1. Please read the first post in this thread. Subsequent applications or appeals are not processed faster.
2. Your complicated record will certainly not help - unless your employer gives a very good explanation together with the application.
3. I have never heard about this. As far as I know, quota is fixed and does not get updated frequently.

thank you so much beppi...

tom.ho wrote:

Hi All,

Finally I got my EP Application approved. This forum helps me a lot thoughout the process, now is my turn to share some information, I have put my background from other thread, but let's mention again here.

Employment Pass - submitted by Immigration consultant
Application submitted: 11 Oct Friday
Able to search from MOM website: 14 Oct 3:30PM Monday
Application approved: 22 Oct 4:30PM Tuesday
- Status was Pending and changed to Approved directly.
- This is my first time applying EP in Singapore

Here is my profile:
Exp: 10 years
Salary: 10k+ SGD
Employment term: 1 Year contract signed by Employer directly
Hiring Company: Financial industry (US based, 100+ employees in Singapore)
Nationality: Hong Kong
Education: Master degree and Bachelor degree with Honour from one of the Hong Kong universities

Congrats, man! That's pretty fast. I am happy for you and other members.

Maybe my nationality and background check makes the application took longer.

Hopefully I can get favorable reply soon too.

Hi All,

I got an offer from Singapore based leading IT company and my employer applied E-Pass on 9th Oct 2019.
The application status is still in "Pending".

I am an Indian IT Professional and have working experience in Singapore from 2012-2017 and later moved to Malaysia. Now I got an offer from Singapore and my Employer applied EP using my old FIN.

May I know anyone got Outcome those who applied on 9th Oct or later date? Currently I am little tensed since I am job less right now.

Thanks,
Gold

Hi there,

Some question to ask.

2/10 employer applied Ep

14/10 MOM rejected due to salary is not match with Job bank

16/10 salary adjusted and reapply

18/10 MOM ask for full C.V

Can I know why is MOM asking for full c.v?

MoM is asking for your CV to evaluate whether your background fits the job description and whether the salary is in line with the job and your background.
Re-applications with higher salary after rejection due to low salary are especially scrutinized by MoM (because there is much fraud involved in such cases) and thus are likely to take longer.

Thank for your reply

The reason of reapply the E.p is due to the salary posted in job bank in lower than the salary offered to me.

Therefore, they lower down my salary to match job bank salary.

bunny111213 wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for your sharing and great advice on this forum. I got a lot of insight from your discussion here.

It's my turn to share on this forum for work pass application.

This is my first time application.

4/10/19 : EP/S Pass Applied
4/10/19 : "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer"

Status has not changed until now.

Hope I can get favorable outcome soon.

Keep finger crossed.

Thank you.

Hi All,

Mine is approved today. Exactly Day 21 from application date. Yippie.

Thanks expat forum.

Thangapandi wrote:

Hi All,

I got an offer from Singapore based leading IT company and my employer applied E-Pass on 9th Oct 2019.
The application status is still in "Pending".

I am an Indian IT Professional and have working experience in Singapore from 2012-2017 and later moved to Malaysia. Now I got an offer from Singapore and my Employer applied EP using my old FIN.

May I know anyone got Outcome those who applied on 9th Oct or later date? Currently I am little tensed since I am job less right now.

Thanks,
Gold

Hi All ,

Got the outcome today .My EP got Rejected .

I have 11  years of experience , salary $8000+ AWS+ Bonus,Indian National .

May I know what could be the reason for Rejection. Can anyone advice

Thangapandi: It is difficult to tell potential reasons for rejection from the limited information you gave. Maybe you can read the thread "Criteria at MoM to approve a work pass" to figure it out?
I can only say that your salary seems on the low side for your seniority and experience.

beppi wrote:

Thangapandi: It is difficult to tell potential reasons for rejection from the limited information you gave. Maybe you can read the thread "Criteria at MoM to approve a work pass" to figure it out?
I can only say that your salary seems on the low side for your seniority and experience.

Hi beppi, Thanks for your response.

My HR appealed this morning. When I Check with my HR reasons was not provided by MOM. But HR uploaded few more documents while appealing. May I know is there any possibility without providing reason/clarification MOM rejects the EP application?

Also, after my HR appealed my EP application I access the EP online tool I only can see the rejected application not changed to pending. May I know what will be the status if EP under appeal process?

Thanks,
Thangapandi

Thangapandi: These questions have been answered several times on the forum. Please read before you post,

Hello guys, is it true that if your school where you graduated isnt included in the list of accredited schools of MoM your pass will not be approve?

no one knows. Your employer will able to apply for your pass if you are a talented person in your field.

DelmaA: If your degree or certificate is not recognised by MoM, your application is evaluated without considering it (i.e. it is as good as applying without that degree or certificate).

Thank you for your response. 🤗

So even i have a master's in a university if its not well known or recognized by MoM it doesnt matter and i wont have credit for that?