How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

MoM does check the quality of teaching programmes at foreign schools and recognises the ones that are at the same or higher standard as Singaporean degrees. Apparently, yours is of lower quality (or not recognised for other reasons).
Your school could petition against that and provide proof of their good standards for MoM to evaluate again. But this is not an easy or short-term solution.

Please note that it is possible to get a work pass and work in Singapore without a Master degree.

Hi All!

I wanted to add a data point here. My wife secured a job offer after four months of hunting and the employer applied for E Pass. Today it got rejected and MoM did not specify any reason. The employer will check with MoM tomorrow to find out the reason.

11/10/2019 - E Pass applied
14/10/2019 - Able to find in the system and stayed in 'Pending' state
30/10/2019 - Rejected

Software Engineer
3 years 7 months experience
5.4k SGD per month
Indian nationality

Looks like the basic criteria is met. We are hopeful that MoM gives an easily addressable solution. Very likely to appeal and I shall update if there is any progress.

Hi all, I need you all opinion whether my employer had fulfill the job bank posting requirement.
27 September: posted on job bank
10 October: apply for EP
30 October: Be rejected ( MOM indicate due to no fulfill the job bank posting requirement)
30 October: appeal for the result

Hence, can any assist to help me to confirm whether my employer got fulfill the posting requirement.

Hi All ,

I am an Indian National worked in Singapore from 2012-2017.Now I got an offer from Singapore and my Employer applied EP on 9th Oct 2019 and got Rejected on 24th Oct 2019 .

I have 10 years 9 Months of experience,
Designation- Development Manager ,
salary $8000(AWS)+ Bonus .

The rejection reason is due to the "The high salary offered does not seem to commensurate with this candidate's credentials."

My Employer submitted appeal letter to MOM together with my educational certificates and Marksheet/Transcripts on 29th Oct 2019.

I have seen few older threads, the salary offered for my position seems like okay for my position and experience. Is there any chances for EP appeal to be successful if this is the reason?I am really surprised with this reason.

Can anyone suggest me.Thanks

Siang1221: we cannot tell, from the limited information you posted, whether your employer fulfilled all requirements for job bank postings. But MoM‘s answer tells you that they didn‘t.

SonyPria123: If the rejection reason was too high salary, the employer would have to lower it for the appeal. Did they?

beppi wrote:

Siang1221: we cannot tell, from the limited information you posted, whether your employer fulfilled all requirements for job bank postings. But MoM‘s answer tells you that they didn‘t.

SonyPria123: If the rejection reason was too high salary, the employer would have to lower it for the appeal. Did they?

Thanks for your reply beppi. My Employer submitted a Appeal Letter to MOM with a strong reason why they are hiring me. I checked with my Employer about my salary adjustments but I do not think so they have adjusted my salary instead they have provided a strong reason to MOM.

Is it really a high salary for my experience and position offered? Because my last drawn salary is nearly SGD 7000 + bonus. My new Employer offered SGD 8K. If there is any adjustments in my salary to lower then I wanted to think on it.

SonyPriya123 wrote:

Is it really a high salary for my experience and position offered? Because my last drawn salary is nearly SGD 7000 + bonus. My new Employer offered SGD 8K. If there is any adjustments in my salary to lower then I wanted to think on it.

I am also a bit surprized by this, but if MoM says so - they make the rules!

beppi wrote:
SonyPriya123 wrote:

I am also a bit surprized by this, but if MoM says so - they make the rules!

Thanks for your valuable info beppi.

Hi bebbi

But the only clue that given by MOM is the posting time.
I just checked the date my employer post the job in job bank which is 27 September. And apply for the EP on 10 Oct.

I knew the requirement is 14 days for the job posting period. But the question I look the date my employer dateline is follow the MOM requirement.

Why will the EP be rejected even my employer follow the requirement?

phoenix25 wrote:

Hi, just sharing my timeline. 1st time application.

4/10/2019: EP applied

As of now still pending, hope this week will get an outcome...

Hi Everyone, just a quick update...
Yay!my EP got approved on 30/10/2019, so i waited total of 27 days..

I learned a lot of valuable info in this forum.. thanks a lot and best of luck for those who are still waiting...

Siamg1221: There are lots of requirements the employer, you and the Singapore job market/economy needs to fulfill before you can get a work pass. On this forum, you can read about it.

Is there any reason why MoM will ask for NOA for an EP application ?
They have also asked for the last 3 months payslip as well.

What is NOA?
The payslip is to check your actual salary.

Notice of assessment from the iras website for my last year's individual tax.

Same purpose.

Hi,

I am a silent reader in this forum. Since I find this thread is helpful for people who are worried about their e-pass (just like I did), I would like to add a data point. I hope it can be helpful for anyone.

-2 September 2019 : Submit application
- Middle of September (I didn't check it everyday) :  the status changed into need more vetting
- 3 October 2019 : Rejected
- 3 Otober 2019 : Appeal
- 30 October 2019 : Approved

The reason for the rejection is the company is brand new and I am the first employee. The parent company is, however, an established boutique investment banking. In the end, the company provides MoM with the bank statement of the start-up in order to convince them that it has enough money to operate and to hire people.

I hope this post can be useful.

cheers,

ps: I am an asean citizen, working in data science, and the salary is big enough to bring my family (if anyone ask).

Just here to share the timeline for my ep application. (First time applying)

18 Oct - Applied EP
1 Nov - Approved

There was no change of the status in between; it just went to approved right away from pending.

Some background - Myanmar, Software Engineer, fresh graduate, drawing about 4k

Wah. Ur salary is high and somemore is a fresh graduate.

I am pretty sure this is a market salary for Software Engineers .. even for a fresh graduate. What made me really surprised was that it was approved even though SAT told me I am only eligible for S-Pass.

It‘s only slightly higher than the average fresh grad pay of S$3600/month.
But fresh grads must bring simething special to be approved, like niche skills or a job in a field with manpower shortage.

My HR told me that MOM asked for my CV and also asked them about the hiring process for my position. Is that normally part of the EP application?

MoM always asks for more information if something is missing or they have doubts.

Hello everyone, i ve been a silent reader since I've applied for an EP. And now just wanted to thank you all for the provided info and post my results:

17.10.2019 - applied
17 - 21.10.2019 - no record found
24.10.2019 - checked first time since 21.10.2019 and the status was "Need input from other agencies..."
21.10.2019 - ~ 2 AM still need input and then at 8.30 - status is Approved.

Interesting time - I think the status doesn't change right away but instead it is being updated in a bactch and it takes time after an actual input. And yes, it does look like they update by weeks - today is day 21 for me.

Good luck to all those waiting and thank you all for posting here! :)

mr_brightside wrote:

Hello everyone, i ve been a silent reader since I've applied for an EP. And now just wanted to thank you all for the provided info and post my results:

17.10.2019 - applied
17 - 21.10.2019 - no record found
24.10.2019 - checked first time since 21.10.2019 and the status was "Need input from other agencies..."
21.10.2019 - ~ 2 AM still need input and then at 8.30 - status is Approved.

Interesting time - I think the status doesn't change right away but instead it is being updated in a bactch and it takes time after an actual input. And yes, it does look like they update by weeks - today is day 21 for me.

Good luck to all those waiting and thank you all for posting here! :)

Sorry I've made a typo - of course instead of  21.10.2019 in "21.10.2019 - ~ 2 AM still need input and then at 8.30 - status is Approved." I meant today, 07.11.2019 :)

@surya

My HR called MOM after 21 days from application date. MOM said they will open a case under my application and provide my HR a case number.

Do you think by doing this will actually help to expedite the process?

Hi,
Need help on this form. My EP recently submitted for renewal and the status is "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."

I am working in Singapore for last 5 years and this is my 2nd renewal in existing company.
I understood that they might me doing the background verification however the same thing happen in my last renewal where it went for ‘vetting agencies input' and then it got approved.

I am confused that why MOM is doing my background verification again when they have already done in 2016.

Is there anyone else who had the similar experience?

MoM does background checks as, when (and as iften as) they please.
There is no point asking or worrying about that!

Hi my husband EP submitted : 07/11/19 its been 3days
Still i see no record found error.  I saw most of them mentin status change to peniding wihting one working day. Why it takes many days?
We got the file number of submission. but when i get the FIN number?

Sachdk: Please read related forum posts before posting - your question has been asked and answered numerous times before!

Hi Guys,

Want to share my experience applying for EP from the first time i moved until the recent one.

I am Indonesian nationality working in IT industry.

1st time, company has 50+ employees, company had already advertised at job bank before they applied

11 Oct 17 : Company submitted documents to MOM apply for both EP and Spass
20 Oct 17: MOM is asking for a different translation school certificate
9 Nov 17: Spass got approved

2nd time, company has 30+ employees, company has already advertised at job bank before they applied

15 Aug 18: New company applied EP for me
27 Aug 18: EP got rejected
28 Aug 18: New company re-applied EP and SPass for me
3 Sept 18: Status changed from pending to "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer"
14 Sept 18: SPass got approved

3rd time, new established company has 4 employees including me, using external agency to apply for EP, company just advertised at job bank a week before they applied for my EP

1 Oct 19: Company applied for EP
25 Oct 19: Status changed from pending to "We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer"
11 Nov 19: Approved

To you who still waiting for EP approval. Good luck, hope you will get your EP soon!

Hi,

I am also a silent reader in this forum. Since I find this thread is helpful for people who are worried about their e-pass (just like I did), I would like to add a data point. I hope it can be helpful for anyone.

-21st Oct : Submit application
-23rd Oct: Can see in pending status
-12th Nov: Approved(Around 06 PM SGT).
Last time i checked around 03 PM SGT on 12th Nov ,it was pending

It was approved directly from pending status .
I used to check it 2-3 times a day .

I am an Indian Software engineer and will move to Singapore for first time
My Company applied for EP .
Salary 6800 SGD

thanks all

cheers,

cherry676 wrote:

Hi All!

I wanted to add a data point here. My wife secured a job offer after four months of hunting and the employer applied for E Pass. Today it got rejected and MoM did not specify any reason. The employer will check with MoM tomorrow to find out the reason.

30/10/2019 - Rejected

Software Engineer
3 years 7 months experience
5.4k SGD per month
Indian nationality

Looks like the basic criteria is met. We are hopeful that MoM gives an easily addressable solution. Very likely to appeal and I shall update if there is any progress.

HR had a discussion with the MoM officer to find out the reason for rejection. HR has not revealed the exact reason to us so I think it is an issue from their side. Today HR informed us that the appeal has been submitted with additional documents as requested by the officer. HR mentioned us that they are positive about the appeal and we should hear from MoM in 2 weeks. I believe that the appeal was made sometime in the last week.

30/10/2019 - Rejected
(05/11/2019 - 08/11/2019) - Appeal submitted

Online status is 'Rejected' and I understand from other threads that it remains 'Rejected' even after appealing. I hope the result is positive.

pk22 wrote:

Hi,

I am also a silent reader in this forum. Since I find this thread is helpful for people who are worried about their e-pass (just like I did), I would like to add a data point. I hope it can be helpful for anyone.

-21st Oct : Submit application
-23rd Oct: Can see in pending status
-12th Nov: Approved(Around 06 PM SGT).
Last time i checked around 03 PM SGT on 12th Nov ,it was pending

It was approved directly from pending status .
I used to check it 2-3 times a day .

I am an Indian Software engineer and will move to Singapore for first time
My Company applied for EP .
Salary 6800 SGD

thanks all

cheers,

How many years of experice you have ?

Hi all,

I have been silent reader and this forum has helped throughout my anxious waiting on EP. I work in Singapore for 1 year 2017-2018, EP process took roughly one month. Back in Singapore on 2019, work for 10 month, same company(EP process took 3 weeks, no additional documentation on previous one)

moved to another company recently, got additional education certificate. EP timeline as follow:
15 October : EP Applied (first time i saw status as 'pending'
17 October : We need input from other agencies
8th November: Employer told me that MoM required additional document and could take up to 3 weeks. They didnt mention what additional information
15 november: Approved.

total waiting time 30 calendar days

Hopefully it helps and good luck to everyone waiting!

Hi im a silent reader here.

I am a Filipino Nurse awaiting for MOM to approve my SPASS.

Submitted: Oct. 30 2019
As of now: Pending

My friends got approved within 9 to 12 days after submission. Its been 17 days but still theres no approval.

Any information from you guys will help me.

Thank you

I am wo

Does MoM  approves even on weekends?

approved from 6 working days

is it same amount days for dependent visa ?

Select "Apply > Check Status - Application Outcome" or "Renew > Check Status - Renewal Outcome" on the left menu bar.

2. Enter a Search Criteria (e.g. FIN or Application No) and click "Retrieve".

3. From the Search Results, either select the radio button or click on the Status hyperlink.

4. Print the Outcome letter - Approval Letter

Can you tell me  what this site.  How do i find the link to print the letters

sachdk wrote:

Just follow the instructions you quoted above.
Or what is your question?

beppi wrote:
sachdk wrote:

Just follow the instructions you quoted above.
Or what is your question?

Got the document but i could not find website link./ is it same website to check the E pass.?

Before dependency visa apply should registered my home address. ? That mean i have to have rent house registered for my name?