How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

A DP is always tied to a (valid) EP.
Thus you can currently only have a DP tied to your current EP.
If you change to the new EP, a new DP must be applied for.

Thank you beppi for quick reply... I will ask my current employer to apply for DP

Happy new year 2020 all.

Any new applications or approvals in the new year 2020 ?

Applied on 12th Nov 2019.
58 days so far = > still pending status.

Hello everyone,

I have been following this group for quite sometime. Firstly thanks to everyone who takes time to clarify doubts, raise queries and update information.

I wish to provide some information concerning (fresh) EP process times at the moment.

Applied : 26/12/19
Pending (on MOM website) : Since 27/12/19
Approved : 09/01/20

Total working days : 10 days

Profile :

R&D Engineer
28 years old
Indian Citizen
Double Masters (MS and MBA) from Netherlands
5 years work ex (1.5 in Netherlands and 3.5 in Germany)
Company in SG is a MNC and Fortune 100 company (package ~ 10k pm).
Company advertised as per regulation on the jobsbank website and went through the process diligently. EP Application was delegated to an agency who assisted me.

I wish good luck to all those who are applying for their EP,SP etc.

Happy New Year 2020!

Thanks a lot for sharing the information. Thats great & can give some encouragement to other people here who are anxiously waiting.

Congratulations. Think you are the first person in the new year on this thread whose EP is approved. Wish you best of luck for your new career here.

Quick question, did your status changed in the middle or directly went to approved?

sandyexpat wrote:

@Sandy: Have patience, it should be approved if there is no error on your part. Also did your employer post on jobsbank for 14 days, as far as i know for the salary range which you are coming on, the employer needs to advertise to give chance to locals in SG before hiring a foreigner. You can try to follow up with HR on this too & ask them if they have received any inquiry from MOM for your case

Hi,

Thank you for the good wishes.

The status changed directly from 'Pending' to 'Approved'. The status was changed around 1745-1800 SGT today.

Good luck.

gvarun wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for the good wishes.

The status changed directly from 'Pending' to 'Approved'. The status was changed around 1745-1800 SGT today.

Good luck.

Thats great to know & Best of luck again for your new career here.

I dont know whether this is the right forum to ask this question but I wish to provide some information on my scenario to obtain some idea if someone has experienced a similar one before.

@Moderators: Please feel free to move this post to another thread if you feel this is not the correct one

Applied : 03/01/2020
Current Status: Pending (no change)

Total working days : 5 days till now

Profile :

Senior Architect in Technology
32 years old
Indian Citizen currently here for more than 3 years
Bachelors Degree from 1 of the Top Technology colleges in India
Last drawn salary ~11k
9-12 years work experience
Company in SG is a top Bank and Fortune 100 company (package ~ 14k pm).
Company advertised as per regulation on the jobsbank website for around 1 month & could not find any local. EP Application was delegated to a reputed law firm who are assisting me now on the process.

The DP for my family can only be applied after my EP gets approved i beleive.

My current problem is my existing firm had to cancel my EP as my contract with them was nearing its end & they gave me a choice to continue or quit. I had to quit because continuing would mean they would have bonded me for one year, so currently i am on STVP which expires on 1st week of February.

I am confused as to what to do now

+ points:
- house rent lease finishing in 3rd week of Jan.

- Telco & internet contracts which have ~1 year remaining.
- School term fees paid already for the year 2020.
- Lot of household stuff

I can see 3 options

1) Wrap up everything here, bear the financial brunt & go back to India with my family asap.
2) Send my wife and kid to india & wait till the last day on which i can exit if EP is still pending.
3) Wait out till the last date of STVP with my family.

Which option is the most sensible to choose ? can the advisors here please guide me ?
Also can i ask to extend my STVP to ICA ? My EP expiry was 2021 and it was cancelled.

Hasegawa wrote:

Read all the very useful information during the application process, thanks for all the contributions.

Just got my EP approval, though lots of cases said it's a weekly basis update, but MOM site did update the status randomly like many others mentioned, here's my case:
Application Submitted: Nov 27.
EP Approval: Dec 7.

Good Luck to all who still waiting.

Will start to book my flight to SG and looking forward to the new life in SG.

Thats great, hope you have a great career here

ToBeLucky wrote:

Hi All,

I am a Chinese, have a NUS master and a China bachelor, worked in SG for 2 years with an EP.

Recently I got a offer and the prospective employer applied for EP for me. But it's already 35 days passed from the submission of the EP application, MOM stated it would need another 3-4 months. I am confused about two things:
     1. I knew some cases EP application has been pending for 4 months without any notification. Is it normal for MOM to especially notify the employer and me about the delay?
     2. If it's under standard processing, MOM should verify my application, status on 'EP Online' should become 'input from other agencies' or like that, but mine is always pending.

My EP application timeline is as following:

Submission: 13/11/2019
Requirement of my CV: 28/11/2019
Employer called MOM to expedite the process because of the expiration of my stvp: 6/12/2019 (MOM said there may be discrepancy of my working experience)
MOM notification about delay: 13/12/2019

Hopes I am lucky enough so that my EP can get approved as soon as possible! Hopes everyone who is waiting for the EP have a good result.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Is your EP approved now or pending still ?

Vj1307 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Been avidly following this group to understand the process and procedure, a good kudos to all of them whom take time to share their experience & knowledge.

My EP was submitted on 17th Dec & its been 3 weeks and the status is still pending. I understand that each profile would have different processing time, however wanted to understand the current trend on the pass approval.

Would be great if members can share their recent experience in this matter.

Is your EP approved now ? Have you tried to reach out your employer ? You can ask them If MOM has come back to them on some inquiry related to you ?

niru12345 wrote:

I dont know whether this is the right forum to ask this question but I wish to provide some information on my scenario to obtain some idea if someone has experienced a similar one before.

@Moderators: Please feel free to move this post to another thread if you feel this is not the correct one

Applied : 03/01/2020
Current Status: Pending (no change)

Total working days : 5 days till now

Profile :

Senior Architect in Technology
32 years old
Indian Citizen currently here for more than 3 years
Bachelors Degree from 1 of the Top Technology colleges in India
Last drawn salary ~11k
9-12 years work experience
Company in SG is a top Bank and Fortune 100 company (package ~ 14k pm).
Company advertised as per regulation on the jobsbank website for around 1 month & could not find any local. EP Application was delegated to a reputed law firm who are assisting me now on the process.

The DP for my family can only be applied after my EP gets approved i beleive.

My current problem is my existing firm had to cancel my EP as my contract with them was nearing its end & they gave me a choice to continue or quit. I had to quit because continuing would mean they would have bonded me for one year, so currently i am on STVP which expires on 1st week of February.

I am confused as to what to do now

+ points:
- house rent lease finishing in 3rd week of Jan.

- Telco & internet contracts which have ~1 year remaining.
- School term fees paid already for the year 2020.
- Lot of household stuff

I can see 3 options

1) Wrap up everything here, bear the financial brunt & go back to India with my family asap.
2) Send my wife and kid to india & wait till the last day on which i can exit if EP is still pending.
3) Wait out till the last date of STVP with my family.

Which option is the most sensible to choose ? can the advisors here please guide me ?
Also can i ask to extend my STVP to ICA ? My EP expiry was 2021 and it was cancelled.

Any tip or advise for this would be greatly appreciated

Niru1234: The SVP given after the end of an EP is non-renewable or -extendable. So option 2 or 3 are your only choices.
It on average takes longer than a month to get an EP approved, but there is no way to predict your case.
I don't know what to advice about your long-term commitments. The obvious, that one shouldn't make any commitments longer than the visa validity, and that the cost could have been negotiated with your ex-employer (who caused this by cutting short your EP), don't apply to you any more.

Hi

EP Applied on 13th Dec, 2019
Position: iOS developer
Salary: 5K
Experience: 2 years in the same field in Malaysia
Nationality: Ethiopian
Degree: BSc. Software Engineering from Malaysia

EP status: still pending

beppi wrote:

Niru1234: The SVP given after the end of an EP is non-renewable or -extendable. So option 2 or 3 are your only choices.
It on average takes longer than a month to get an EP approved, but there is no way to predict your case.
I don't know what to advice about your long-term commitments. The obvious, that one shouldn't make any commitments longer than the visa validity, and that the cost could have been negotiated with your ex-employer (who caused this by cutting short your EP), don't apply to you any more.

Thanks Beppi for the suggestion, wanted to know me exiting SG and going back to India, would it affect my EP application in a negative way now? & is it required to inform the new employer that i ll be exiting the country ?

Bona12 wrote:

Hi

EP Applied on 13th Dec, 2019
Position: iOS developer
Salary: 5K
Experience: 2 years in the same field in Malaysia
Nationality: Ethiopian
Degree: BSc. Software Engineering from Malaysia

Did you follow up with your employer, whether they received an enquiry about your case from MOM ? If not, you should do it

Hey Hi,

My application got rejected last evening. I checked with the Employer and they had mentioned that the educational credentials was the reason.

They did inform me that they would check further with the MoM and let me know on the supporting documents required.

I am suspecting my PGDBA, which wasn't listed as approved college / university in the SAT list.

Looking forward for some update from the employer so that the EP is reapplied. Am confident that it would be through. But nervous....

Yeah, I did contact my employer beginning of this week, and the HR said MOM needs more time to review my application.

Hi VJ1307

How about your bachelors degree, is it recognized by MOM?

Yes, its recognized and very popular. My management education was with a B-school which isn't affiliated to any university.

I have a work ex of around 13 years .

Hi

EP Applied on 26th Nov, 2019
Experience: 8 years in Malaysia
Nationality: India
Degree: Master Degree in Computer Science

Days : 46 Days

Note:- Still MOM not yet to communicate with my employer

sandyexpat:

We are in the same situation. Applied EP in Nov, pending until now. Could you post here if you receive any updates of your EP status. I will also do so.

Hi niru12345Y

My EP is still pending.

ToBeLucky wrote:

Hi niru12345Y

My EP is still pending.

what is the salary range of your new job ? is it a substantial jump from your previous one?

niru12345Y

what is the salary range of your new job ? is it a substantial jump from your previous one?

I have two years working experience in Singapore after Master graduating. My new salary is about 50% increase on my previous one. But the previous one is only 3600 monthly.

Hello everyone,

Can I kindly request for a clarification, not sure if it has been asked already.

I just received my IPA, it states under heading  “medical requirement” - “By Declaration “ and it is followed by a simple statement “I declare that I have not suffered from HIV and TB .....” ending with my signature.

Does that mean I needn't go for any medical screening?

Thank you in advance.

Gvarun: I have not heard of a request for this kind of statement before, but it seems to mean you don't need a medical check. Do not lie in the declaration, though!

Danke schön beppi. ;)

Hi all,

Been reading silently for a month and I would like to update my EP status

This is a second EP application
Applied on 3rd Jan
Approved during 7pm - 7am SGT on Sunday - Monday (12th Jan - 13th Jan)

==> It took around 10 days for my pass approved

My background
- Intra-Company Transfer for a short-term duration (secondment - 6 months)
- Titile: Warehouse Executive
- Salary: around 6k

Good luck to those who are waiting.

Dear All,

My employer contacted me and informed me that the reason for my rejection was because "one or more of my educational certificate is questionable. They also told me that they didnt inform if it was my UG (BE) or the PG (PGDBA).
My employer asked me if i am not confident in any of them, i told them that my PGDBA isn't accredited with any university and therefore it could have not been recognized by MoM.

MoM has also told them not to re-apply and make a fresh request.

Since i dont have any other degree or diploma,my employer told that we can apply again with the UG alone. I think that isn't also possible now considering that we can only increase the degree in the application and not reduce.

I checked if there are any such thread of such nature to gain some insight, can you guys help me on how to go about it.

Hello Everyone,

I just found about this forum as I was doing research for Singapore EP . If anyone can help me with as i have been waiting and anxiety is hitting through the roof.

Citizen - Indian
Experience - 10 years
Field - Digital Marketing
Designation - Senior Sales Manager
Salary - 11k SGD per month
Application - 28th November 2019

It has been more than 6 weeks now and I haven't got a response from the immigration agency that has submitted my application.   The average time 6 - 8 weeks but just wanted to know what if it is delayed because of the holiday season. Also what
is the probability ?

Thank you in advance .

Hi Khambati_Abbas

You should consider contacting your employer, ask them to contact MOM and enquire for any updates or maybe expedite the process if possible.

Wish you all the best!

Update for my case, EP got approved today, it took 31 days in total to be approved.

I wish everyone all the best, hang tight and keep positive energy it will be approved.

I already contacted them last week, said they have got no update from  MOM/Immigration Agency. Mentioned that the process could be delayed because of the holiday season

Did you ask them to contact MOM and enquire them to expedite the process? I asked my employer twice to contact MOM.

Btw if you and your employer both meet all the requirements, it will be approved. Don't worry, its just a matter of time.

SandyExpat and ToBeLucky, Any update on your pass?

Mine applied for renew (2nd renew) on 19th November but till today in "We need inputs from other agencies...."  stage

Hi All,
Have been following this topic for a while.I am trying to switch job and here is the current status of my EP

Applied on - 7th Jan 2020
Status changed to pending on - 7th Jan 2020
Current status - pending

Will keep you posted on the status!

My EP got rejected today.

case-
Edu- Masters in IT field.
Exp- 6+ years in IT field
job offer-  same field.
salary - $6k p.m.
empoyment- permanent

Application date- 12-nov-2019
status - Pending
Query - date -  18-nov-2019
Query - "If already ever worked in singapore?
Query response sent date- 18-nov-2019
Query response sent as  - "No"

Employer contacted Mom on 20-Dec-2019  - come to know some policy is changed and it will take time to process.

Ep rejection today(17 Jan 2020) (status pending to Rejected)
Employer informed as due to the policy change.
(not sure exact which clause landed this to rejection)

Employer re-appealed today(17-Jan-2020) as per new policy.
Re-appeal processing time mentioned as 3 weeks.
But looking some online forums , seems its also need indefinite time like EP process.

Total days as on today- 66
looking forward 66 days more  :)

Let me know if anyone has idea on this case