Single Permit Processing in 2022

Is it renewal or fresh application?

WP

wajdiiii wrote:
dk101 wrote:

For Flanders, they are processing files dated 07/02/2022

The above information is known yesterday.

Is for WP or SP?

WP

Mert AKEL wrote:

Hey Guys

I have an update

Region: Flanders
Application date : 3rd January
WP: 16th of February
RP: 10th of March

Is this a fresh or renewal application? My approval of WP is 17th of February and it should be near now. I was hoping that my timeline of RP approval is on 3rd week of March due to my estimate of previous RP approval (around 5-6 weeks after WP approval)

It is a fresh application.

I am also hoping to receive my SP soon. My WP was approved 11th of Feb in Flanders. :)

CABC wrote:

I am also hoping to receive my SP soon. My WP was approved 11th of Feb in Flanders. :)

I am also waiting for SP since long. My WP was approved on 18th Jan in Flanders region. 3 days back they requested additional doc and submitted the same.

Anyone knows how long generally take to approve SP after we submit the additional doc ?

Hi, According to you why it takes too much time please ?

abhidxb2020 wrote:
CABC wrote:

I am also waiting for SP since long. My WP was approved on 18th Jan in Flanders region. 3 days back they requested additional doc and submitted the same.

Anyone knows how long generally take to approve SP after we submit the additional doc ?

They asked Documents for Residence Permit Approval ? Can you please tell me what document they requested? Thank you. Hopefully you get your permit soon.

Hi , Anyone received the SP today from Flanders region ?

Ameni.az wrote:

Hi everyone,
here is my timeline (fresh application):

Region: Brussels
Social security email: 27 Jan
Work permit: 02 Feb
Annex 46: Waiting

Hello,
I have an update :

Region: Brussels
Social security email: 27 Jan
Work permit: 02 Feb
Annex 46: 11 March

Good luck everyone

Hello,
Finally I receive annex 46:
My time line for bruxelles:
Application: 05/01/2022
WP: 14/01/2022
SP: 11/03/2022

Based on ~ 50+ responses in this and 2022 thread for Flanders:

Code:

+---------------+-----------------+----------------------------+
| Applied month | Avg days for WP | Avg days for receiving A46 |
| Aug           |     65.18181818 |                     29.125 |
| Sep           |     71.69230769 |                43.90909091 |
| Oct           |     70.35294118 |                       33.8 |
| Nov           |     79.66666667 |                         33 |
| Dec           |           72.75 |                          - |
| Jan           |              42 |                         22 |
pvo008 wrote:

Code:

Very nice compilation. Hope the numbers go down and process becomes efficient.

When I applied last year, my WP took 8 days and SP probably took 18 days.

Overall process: applied on 19/03/2021
Wp received on 26/03/2021
Sp received on 12/04/2021
Fresh Application

dk101 wrote:
pvo008 wrote:

Code:

Fresh Application

That is really fast ? Any clue why the process became so problematic this year ?

Can we have this breakdown for family reunification cases also please ?

dk101 wrote:

Hmm, I asked my employer yesterday (March 11, 2022) and this is the email I received:

“ Unfortunately, the application for approval procedure is taking very long. Last week we received a message from the Immigration Office they are looking at the applications started on 07/12, but nothing was decided yet.

In the past we called and mailed many times, but nothing worked. I would like it to go faster too, but the only thing we can do is wait.

Thanks for understanding.”

What is the security E-mail please ?

corporateminorista wrote:
dk101 wrote:

Hmm, I asked my employer yesterday (March 11, 2022) and this is the email I received:

“ Unfortunately, the application for approval procedure is taking very long. Last week we received a message from the Immigration Office they are looking at the applications started on 07/12, but nothing was decided yet.

In the past we called and mailed many times, but nothing worked. I would like it to go faster too, but the only thing we can do is wait.

Hi, you mean for Single permit(RP) they are looking at applications started on 07/12/2021 ? How come others are getting ?

s_d_a wrote:
dk101 wrote:
pvo008 wrote:

Code:

Fresh Application

That is really fast ? Any clue why the process became so problematic this year ?

I have started to think that for some companies (let's say big ones), the Single Permit processing is faster than other companies. I do not know the secret.

This could be due to less knowledge among the small companies, insufficient documentations, corrections etc.

Economic migration department and immigration officers should be well accustomed now with the single Permit process and it should be smoother, faster and transparent over time. Perhaps, this year there were more incoming applications in Belgium than last year.

dk101 wrote:
s_d_a wrote:
dk101 wrote:

Fresh Application

I have started to think that for some companies (let's say big ones), the Single Permit processing is faster than other companies. I do not know the secret.

This could be due to less knowledge among the small companies, insufficient documentations, corrections etc.

Economic migration department and immigration officers should be well accustomed now with the single Permit process and it should be smoother, faster and transparent over time. Perhaps, this year there were more incoming applications in Belgium than last year.

Hi, I know that some international companies have priority agreements, it is not secret and I read in an official website. My previos company was one of them and it took 2 months in total for me to complete the process for me and my family.

Second, as you wrote there are more applıcations, together with the ones postponed during lockdown periods. And here in Belgium many employees themselves or children were caught to omicron and took sick leave. I have a friend who has 4 kids and all caught one by one, so she was actually off around 1 month. So this also slowed down the process. For instance in my case the clerk asked for a missing document, I provided in an hour and it took 1 week for her to reply because she was off.

Bel_expat wrote:
dk101 wrote:
s_d_a wrote:

Hi, I know that some international companies have priority agreements, it is not secret and I read in an official website. My previos company was one of them and it took 2 months in total for me to complete the process for me and my family.

Second, as you wrote there are more applıcations, together with the ones postponed during lockdown periods. And here in Belgium many employees themselves or children were caught to omicron and took sick leave. I have a friend who has 4 kids and all caught one by one, so she was actually off around 1 month. So this also slowed down the process. For instance in my case the clerk asked for a missing document, I provided in an hour and it took 1 week for her to reply because she was off.

Hi, Do you know the approx timeline for 'renewal of work permit with change of employer' for Flanders region. I believe that this should be faster compared to applications submitted in foreign countries. If you have more details, please share your experience.

expat bel50 wrote:
dk101 wrote:

Hi, you mean for Single permit(RP) they are looking at applications started on 07/12/2021 ? How come others are getting ?

Hey, I wish I could tell ya! I'm not sure myself and don't want to bother my employer. I copy-pasted the email here word-for-word. Other than what you and I see, I have no further information.

What I do know from a friend of mine who got employed last year straight out of uni (we both did the same master's at the same uni here in BE; and yes, I'm currently a resident with a national number here) in a Wallonian company is this: if the regional (Brussels, Wallonia, or Flanders) authorities can't make a decision on the WP part of the SP, they send the candidate's file to Brussels to make the decision.

I showed him the email from my employer and he is of the opinion that since it's been already more than 2 months since my application was made, he thinks the Flemish authorities couldn't make a decision (on the WP)  on my application and forwarded it to Brussels to make the decision.

This is all SPECULATION as the process is very opaque from the authorities, so please take this with a GRAIN OF SALT.

The Immigration Office is the one in charge of the RP part of the SP. So, who knows what the email means.

I certainly don't know and all anyone can do is wait, wait, and wait, unfortunately. I, myself, am running out of patience.

dk101 wrote:
Bel_expat wrote:
dk101 wrote:

Hi, Do you know the approx timeline for 'renewal of work permit with change of employer' for Flanders region. I believe that this should be faster compared to applications submitted in foreign countries. If you have more details, please share your experience.

My case took 4 months. I also thought that it could be faster but it didn't. I am living in Belgium, Flanders and changed my single permit to unlimited.

expat bel50 wrote:

Hey, I wish I could tell ya! I'm not sure myself and don't want to bother my employer. I copy-pasted the email here word-for-word. Other than what you and I see, I have no further information.

What I do know from a friend of mine who got employed last year straight out of uni (we both did the same master's at the same uni here in BE; and yes, I'm currently a resident with a national number here) in a Wallonian company is this: if the regional (Brussels, Wallonia, or Flanders) authorities can't make a decision on the WP part of the SP, they send the candidate's file to Brussels to make the decision.

I showed him the email from my employer and he is of the opinion that since it's been already more than 2 months since my application was made, he thinks the Flemish authorities couldn't make a decision (on the WP)  on my application and forwarded it to Brussels to make the decision.

This is all SPECULATION as the process is very opaque from the authorities, so please take this with a GRAIN OF SALT.

The Immigration Office is the one in charge of the RP part of the SP. So, who knows what the email means.

I certainly don't know and all anyone can do is wait, wait, and wait, unfortunately. I, myself, am running out of patience.

Hi, in the mail it says "the applications started on 7/12". The process takes 3-4 months in general starting from the first application. I'm not sure when did you first apply but if that's after mid November, you are on track.

Bel_expat wrote:
expat bel50 wrote:

Hi, in the mail it says "the applications started on 7/12". The process takes 3-4 months in general starting from the first application. I'm not sure when did you first apply but if that's after mid November, you are on track.

My very first comment says my application was made on January 7th, 2022, which is the same day I got the automated email from social security. So, my guess is that it was submitted that day.

I know and can see what the email says. You asked if it is for considerations for SP (i.e., RP) or WP approval and I answered succinctly that I don't know. I asked my employer about my WP, not the RP. That was the response I got. Don't know what else I can add to that.

Bel_expat wrote:

My very first comment says my application was made on January 7th, 2022, which is the same day I got the automated email from social security. So, my guess is that it was submitted that day.

I know and can see what the email says. You asked if it is for considerations for SP (i.e., RP) or WP approval and I answered succinctly that I don't know. I asked my employer about my WP, not the RP. That was the response I got. Don't know what else I can add to that.

Hi, I was also exhausted during my application and wanted to help you. If your application is submitted on Jan 7th, probably it will be completed by May, considering the times reported in this page. I hope it will be faster, and it can be, since corona impacts are less each day. I can only share my experience, probably I did before in this page. I applied on 27 October, it took 13 weeks for WP and 5 weeks for RP. Note that I already work as high-skilled employee in Belgium, so I expected it to be faster than a new applicant, but it was not the case unfortunately. 2 months is reasonable for WP, their target is 10 weeks.

Bel_expat wrote:
Bel_expat wrote:

Hi, I was also exhausted during my application and wanted to help you. If your application is submitted on Jan 7th, probably it will be completed by May, considering the times reported in this page. I hope it will be faster, and it can be, since corona impacts are less each day. I can only share my experience, probably I did before in this page. I applied on 27 October, it took 13 weeks for WP and 5 weeks for RP. Note that I already work as high-skilled employee in Belgium, so I expected it to be faster than a new applicant, but it was not the case unfortunately. 2 months is reasonable for WP, their target is 10 weeks.

Appreciate the thought. Don't know if anyone can "help" anyone here. I'm bracing myself for a long wait, but the difficulty and frustration come when I see people who applied after (Jan 7th & Feb) me in Flanders already receive their WP approval.

Oh, well. What can I do other than wait?

Any update on single permit today?

Single Permit Timeline:
Overall process: applied on 07/02/2021
Work Permit received on 11/03/2021
Residence Permit currently under processing
Renewal Application

Hi All,
My timeline
Type: Fresh
Submitted: 14th March (no reply notification)
WP: waiting

wajdiiii wrote:

Not yet still waiting,

There is something definitely wrong. My company has tried to reach the office several times with no response. They reply to emails with one line " you have to wait".

I applied on 11th Jan and got WP approval on 21 Jan and still waiting for annex 46 for Brussels region

Yeah, it's taking a really long time. I am hoping to receive my SP this week, from Flanders region.

Has anyone from Flanders received their SP this week yet?

subhrochit wrote:
wajdiiii wrote:

Not yet still waiting,

There is something definitely wrong. My company has tried to reach the office several times with no response. They reply to emails with one line " you have to wait".

I applied on 11th Jan and got WP approval on 21 Jan and still waiting for annex 46 for Brussels region

I received WP on 18th Jan, still waiting for SP. not sure how long i have to wait.

For my application

Docs submitted: 28 Dec 2021
First application: 3rd Jan 2022
WP: 16th Feb 2022
SP: 15th March 2022.

Hope it helps!

Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline:

Application: Fresh (change from student status to employee)
Region: Leuven, Flanders
Application Date: 17th Jan. 2022
Privacy Notice (no-reply email): 20th Jan. 2022
Application Approved: 28th Feb. 2022
WP approved: 28th Feb. 2022 (I know weirdly both the application and WP was approval were received on the same day)
SP (Annex 46): waiting

My current residence permit with student status is going to expire on 31st March. Does anyone know if I should apply for the renewal of this residence permit (with student status) or can I remain in Belgium after 31st March while I wait for the annex 46 to be issued?

karan_sharma_2602 wrote:

Single Permit Timeline:
Overall process: applied on 07/02/2021
Work Permit received on 11/03/2021
Residence Permit currently under processing
Renewal Application

Is it 2021 or 2022

RS022 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline:

Application: Fresh (change from student status to employee)
Region: Leuven, Flanders
Application Date: 17th Jan. 2022
Privacy Notice (no-reply email): 20th Jan. 2022
Application Approved: 28th Feb. 2022
WP approved: 28th Feb. 2022 (I know weirdly both the application and WP was approval were received on the same day)
SP (Annex 46): waiting

My current residence permit with student status is going to expire on 31st March. Does anyone know if I should apply for the renewal of this residence permit (with student status) or can I remain in Belgium after 31st March while I wait for the annex 46 to be issued?

As per my research, work/stay rights remain while your single permit is in progress and provided you have obtained work authorisation. You can check and confirm this with your commune.
Source: https://www.fragomen.com/insights/work- … ocess.html

My timeline
Application date : 9 November
Privacy email: 9 November
WP: 31 January
RP: 7 March

Closed