Visa application form for dependent

Hi All,
Greetings of the day.

I have several queries regarding the visa application form so I thought of listing them down so that I don't have to ask each one separately.

I am filling the Visa application form and I am stuck on some fields which are listed below.

1.) Language for decision :
I am getting the options as- Unimportant/French/Dutch/German.

I was supposed to fill 'unimportant', is it correct ?

2.)  Visa type:
Although I am applying for category (art. 10&10bis), I could not see this in drop down options. There are only 2 categories for art 10 which are "Family reunion art.10" and " Family reunion spouse worker art 10 bis 2." What will be the correct one for me (I am going as a dependent, my wife is already in Brussels)?

3.)  Host or Accommodation:
As soon as I select the host type as person, I can see a check box which says
"Has the inviting person signed an official document with a commitment that charge will be taken and has this document been validated by the host country?"

Do I need to select the checkbox? If yes, does my wife have to get any official document from commune regarding my arrival? Or I can simply proceed without selecting the box.

4.) Inviting organization:

In this section I can only see 2 options which are company and school.

Do I need to select anyone of them as neither have I got any job in Belgium yet nor I am going for study. Or I can simply proceed without selecting anything as it is not a mandatory field.

5.) Do I have to book the flight tickets before going to VFS, as I have gone through some blogs and found out that the applicant have previously booked the tickets. Then I thought may be they booked because in their case primary applicant and the dependent, both were going at same time. But here in my case my wife is already there. Can someone please clarify on this?

6.) What option should I choose in the category "Current occupation", as I have already resigned in my current company and serving the notice period. So should I go for "No occupation" or "Employee (Private business)? In case I have to choose the latter one, do I have to provide them any letter from my company regarding my resignation because I will get the relieving letter on my last working day only.   

These are the queries I have. It would be a great help if someone could resolve them as after completing the form, I will be taking an appointment at VFS asap.

Thank you.

Regards
Sopan

Hi sopan

What did you fill in main purpose of journey family reunion art 10 or 10 bis 2

Thanks
Paridhi

Hello, I am facing the same queries, could we discuss

1. Correct. You can leave it unimportant or select French.
2. Family reunion spouse worker art 10 bis 2.
3. You can leave it unselected, as you will be attaching your wife's rental contract, work/residence permit, salary slips, etc.  with the application form. These documents prove that she can take care of your stay.
4. You can leave this blank.
5. Flight booking is not needed.
6. You can mention no occupation.

Hi Aneesh,

Need to you help!

What to select in point 2(Visa type) in case of minor children.

Regards,
Aman

What all options are available ?

Options for Visa D - FAMILY REUNION for CHILDREN with NON-EU PARENT living in Belgium (art 10 & 10bis) are:
Family ReUnion Art 10
Family ReUnion Art 40
Family reunion spouse worker art10 bis § 2

for my wife I had selected "Family reunion spouse worker art10 bis § 2" but I my daughter i am confused what to select.

Thanks for your help.

It does not make much difference, you can go with Art 10. As she is applying along with your wife, consulate will know its your child anyway and process it accordingly.

Hello Aneesh,
Any translation document needed while applying visa for spouse & child for family reunion.

Also, could you pls validate below docs and let me know anything else is required apart from it.

PCC legalized for spouse
     Birth Certificate Legalized for child
     Marriage certificate Legalized for spouse
     Medical Report fo both spouse & child
     Dependent Photos
     Passport Sacn copy for both spouse & child
     Lease Agreement (Belgium Stay) (Registered) - Is it mandatory to have rental contract on my name only. Currently I am sharing an apartment with two other colleauge.
     3 Months Salary Slip (Belgium)
     Visa Application Form
     Insurance - Do I have to take insurance for both of them beforehand. Or anything i can provide on behalf of it
     RP Card - mine
     6 Months bank Statement (Belgium) - mine
     Passport Scan of Employee (Full Passport Scan)
     Single permit

Thank you in advance.

hi everyone, my husband is applying to the same visa type D art 40 (family reunion with belgian spouse)

There's a field on the application that asks:

• 25. Duration of the intended stay or transit (number of days)

• 27. (First) intended date of arrival in the Schengen area

• 27. (Last) intended date of departure from the Schengen area

I am confused as to what answer, since we are planning to settle in Belgium so we do not have a date for him to leave the schengen area.

could anyone help with this?

Thanks

hi everyone, my husband is applying to the same visa type D art 40 (family reunion with belgian spouse)
25. Duration of the intended stay or transit (number of days)
27. (First) intended date of arrival in the Schengen area

27. (Last) intended date of departure from the Schengen area

I am confused as to what answer, since we are planning to settle in Belgium so we do not have a date for him to leave the schengen area.

Thanks
-@nadine dekmak

Hello in your case and regarding the duration of intended stay, you can write 365 days or 180 days.

First date of intended arrival is the date when you want to travel to Belgium after getting a visa i.e the date of your ticket. This can be any date of your choice, you can add for example a date after 4 or 5 months from application submission date.

Intended date of departure is the date after 180 or 365 days from intended date of arrival. So choose accordingly. Thats how it works.

hi everyone, I have the same confusion regarding the date arrival in schengen area.

we are non-EU citizen but currently working and residing in sweden.

we will move to Brussels soon due to changing job.

27. (First) intended date of arrival in the Schengen area

27. (Last) intended date of departure from the Schengen area

I am confused as to what answer, since we are planning to relocate from sweden to belgium and settling in Belgium for at least a year or more.

can we put arrival date in belgium from sweden?

Thanks

HI,

Kindly clarify, While going to VFS. Travel insurance is required for how many days?

I'm applying for visa D.

@syieda Mention a date a couple of days before your start date at new job. Date of departure, you can leave blank.

HI,
Kindly clarify, While going to VFS. Travel insurance is required for how many days?

I'm applying for visa D.
-@Prasanna ram kumar

For D type visa, you may get an undertaking from your employer that you and your dependents (if applicable) will be covered in a Belgian mutuality. Bear in mind that it may take some time to get your Belgian mutuality coverage active (initial period when you arrive, get your residence permit, etc). To cover the initial period and your travel to Belgium, you may take a travel medical insurance for 90 days or so.

Hi can i apply a family reunification for my 3year old son? Me and my husband is waiting for our single permit to gets approve, we would like to bring him together with us. Is it possible?

@SopanP

where do you apply? I'll be applying for family reunification but I'm not sure where I apply?

😊