Single Permit Processing time in 2021

Hi

I saw a thread for visa d processing time but i have a question on processing time for single permit

Me and my wife are moving to Antwerp from Singapore, based on my employment contract for indefinite period and my wife would be on dependent visa

My employer informed me they will apply for the single permit with the local commune and maybe 8-10 weeks of processing.

Question 1: Does that sound about right? Has anyone recently applied, what was the processing time?

And I understand i would need the original single permit to be delivered to my address before i go to local embassy to apply for type D visa for me and my wife.

Question 2: Who couriers this original permit, the local commune or the agent/employer applying for visa?

Thanks a lot for your help

I have the same query

i am also still waiting for my single permit .

Update:

My application was submitted on 25th June, acknowledged on 30th June

No response for a month

My employer had to send a letter to the economy on urgency for me being in Belgium and how important it is for the company.

The letter was sent on 26th Jul, accepted by economy on 27th Jul. I received the work approval on 28th Jul and immigration approval (which takes additional 2-4 weeks) on 29th Jul.

If i would have waited i am sure it could have taken much longer.

They Belgian immigration/work department  will send the original copy of Single Permit to your local embassy themselves through courier and its usually very quick (1-2 days).

You can apply for the Visa-D with a print out of the soft copy you received by email from the appointed agent.

My company apply my single permit 26th August 2021 and same day I got acknowledgement from social security but still waiting for my single permit i am in dubai any idea about it how long it gonna be take more so please help me.

Hello,
I am india staying in France, applied for the single permit on 31st August 2021. How to know if it is been acknowledged by the competent authorities? because my employer immigration agent didnt tell me anything else apart from the fact that it has been applied.

no tracking available.
You'll just receive an email when the decision has been taken.

Hello,
Thanks for the info regarding tracking the application. But I am asking about the initial acknowledgement which we receive once we submit the application which I haven't received from our application agent.

Thanks and Regards
Gavish

Hi gavish121, after 2 weeks from the date that I send my documents to my company, I received and email from social-security with no-reply title. in this email I realized my single permit process is started. but after 1 month and half I've not received any email and I am still waiting.

Hi same goes with me I am still waiting. Your came or not.

i also received no reply notification after that still i am waiting for my single permit .any idea when we will received.

I am a software developer and have recently changed jobs and my new work permit was applied on 15th July and on 8th September I get the email from my company that I have received work authorization. I am still waiting for the residence visa approval. My joining is 6th October.

My current resident card is valid till January 2022. But I am not sure if I need to return my rp card on my last day of current job.
Will I be needed to go back to India if I didn't receive all documents on time?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Hi when I changed my job. I followed the following steps.

1. Received work and resident permit authorisation.
2. Fixed an appointment with the commune (townhall) and gave the annex 46. They did some formalities and gave me a paper which would authorise me to work for the new employer(annex 49). They gave me an appointment approx 3 weeks later for exchange of the new Single permit with the old one.
3. I went in the new appointment date and gave my old single permit and got the new one.

Please note that even if yr authorisation doesn't come before yr joining date of the next company,  you can still continue to stay till the validity of yr single permit ends (in yr case jan 2022). Hope it is clear.

PS: I would advice you to already block an appointment date in the end of the month so that you can go and get yr authorisation letter to work for the new employer once yr annex 46 is approved.

Hi Naveenhariprasad,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I don't have any documents related to my new Work Permit.
When you say "block an appointment date at the end of the month so that you can go and get yr authorisation letter to work for the new employer once yr annex 46 is approved."
How do I go to commune without any document?

Thanks in advance for answering.

What I meant was temporarily block an appointment date which is related to application of single permit. Once you get yr annex 46. You can take all the relevant documents like yr passport, yr present single permit and the annex 46 and get yr annex 49. This annex 49 will allow you to start working with yr new employer.

Ah okay, I get it now.

Good idea, thanks naveenhariprasad. :)

Any body tell me what is requirement I have orange card belgium ayslum I am working in resturent I am full declare and medical insurance company give me my pay is 1700 can I apply for singlework permit please reply me I want to know more information after I will apply

I want to apply single work permit belgium which paper I need I have work contact belgium and working legal  please any body tell me please I request you

Hi,
Dose any one apple single permit in September, to get any notification?

When did you apply and which part of belgium

I applied August and still no update

Hello everyone,

I submitted my application on August 13
Work authorization obtained on September 3
Annexe 46 obtained on September 27
Brussels region

Any applied in August from flanders region

Applied..
July 19th
Work permit approval: 9/9
annexure 46: 24/9

Hi,

You company is in Brussels

Which region?

Yes

I'm heavy duty driver

Which resigon did you apply

hi Sneha,
Wondering if they have granted your annex46 by now? Trying to calculate the timeline based on recent applications as I'm still waiting for mine.

I also applied on 6th Aug, and still waiting...

Ehsan65 wrote:

Based on the others response, its taking 8 wks for work permit recently (for Flanders region) so yours should ideally be given soon. Unless there is further delay :( .. hopefully not! 
Then another 2-3 wks for the annex 46.

relocating is a stressfully job, specially for us because we have little child, I thought  it need less time so I resign from my current job, sold some of my furniture and also I talked to my landlord to deliver the keys, one off my friend get his work permit in 2 weeks in Brussels and I don't know why it takes too long in Flanders.  For getting my visa I also have to book an appointment at VFS in my country and it is full until next month! I am completely confused what should I do!

Hello all,

any update for any one on single permit application for Flanders region? Our immigration consultant applied on August 30th but still no update its been a month has any one recieved the permit who had applied in the same timeline?

Hi
Still nothing i am also wait my employer said limosa status pending

Hello All,

What is the current wp processing time for brussels region?

desimey wrote:
Ehsan65 wrote:

Based on the others response, its taking 8 wks for work permit recently (for Flanders region) so yours should ideally be given soon. Unless there is further delay :( .. hopefully not! 
Then another 2-3 wks for the annex 46.

This information is accurate. I was also informed the same by the company that has offered me a job.
My single permit application status:

Region: Flanders
Application Date: 02 August, 2021
Work Permit Authorization Received: 27 September, 2021
Waiting for residence permit: Will update when I receive the entire permit.

gavish121 wrote:

Hello all,

any update for any one on single permit application for Flanders region? Our immigration consultant applied on August 30th but still no update its been a month has any one recieved the permit who had applied in the same timeline?

Mine is also submitted around same time. Since its taking 8 wks, we will probably only get by last week of October :(

Dear all,

I applied for a single permit on 30 Sep in Brussels region.
I am wondering how long I have to wait for it.
Could anyone share his/her experience?
Thanks!

In case of a fresh new single permit (not a renewal): from 1 month, up to 4 months (before covid19).

Right now it seems to be around 2 months.
2-3 weeks for the work permit then +/- 1 months for the resident permit.

Closed