EP Processing Time April/May 2021

Misxwii: This is the normal sequence - and you are also still within the normal processing time of up to two months.

Thank you Beppi, this really gave me a peace of mind. :)

I have other two friends who got their EP approved super fast (~2 weeks) and both are for tech giants. My application is for a boutique finance industry, so I don't know if this industry is currently 'more difficult' to get an EP..

misxwii wrote:

Hi guys,

Has anyone experienced the below scenario before?

Pending > Need more info from agencies ... > back to Pending again?

My EP application was applied on the 3rd of May and it is still pending :( MOM has not contacted the employer by far.

Yup, have seen this a few times and heard too from others. The accredited agencies would have verified the info MoM requested for, the verification results are with MoM, they will review and render the final outcome, approve/ reject.

Have patience, 8 odd weeks is very normal with the increased scrutiny.

misxwii wrote:

Hi guys,

Has anyone experienced the below scenario before?

Pending > Need more info from agencies ... > back to Pending again?

My EP application was applied on the 3rd of May and it is still pending :( MOM has not contacted the employer by far.

My apologies, thought I spotted it twice.

Thank you Shekhz! :) i shall wait for abit longer then

And I only posted in this thread only, which other thread are you referring to?

Hi.
This is happened for my application as well.
Applied on 15th April, changed to pending then “we need more information…” then back to “Pending” again from may and still pending.

beppi wrote:
SingaporeLover88 wrote:

Hey guys - where can I find the rate of approvals per week that one of our amazing forum members consolidated and posted? Can someone maybe repost it again on this thread? Or let me know where to find it?

There are no such statistics. No forum member has access to that information - and MoM does not publish it. To know it would also help nobody.

Hi Beppi, if you're not familiar with that post, no worries. I'll add additional detail - for any other forum member that remembers the post.

I'm looking for the post where someone put together all the approvals and waiting times reported on *this site* and then noticed that approvals seemed to not come through weeks 6 and 7 - but started again during weeks 8-10.

Thanks all!

Think you are referencing to the post where Beppi called out the average approval time for passes, based on data provided by forum members.

It wasn't ‘approvals per week', cuz only MoM would have those :)

Thanks, Shekhz - that was indeed my post, which I put together based on all postings on this forum about work pass approvals/rejections. It is not an exhaustive statistics (maybe those approved/rejected in week 6 and 7 since application did not report it, because it is the normal case?). Also, nobody other than MoM (and they don't publish it) knows the overall number of applications and could thus calculate approval rates.
Thus my post is of very limited use.
An old saying goes "Don't trust any statistics unless you have forged it yourself!"

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

A unique situation is giving me some sleepless nights.

Currently with employer A and their Agency X applies and manages my renewals with Employer A.

My prospective Employer B has Agency Y who has applied for my new EP/DP.

While Agency Y was applying for my son`s new DP (my new EP is still pending), they noticed there was a name order mismatch in my sons existing DP. So they went ahead and applied to change the personal particulars for my son. when the approval for the name change came in, it is addressed to my current Employer A.

So will my current Employer A and Agency X come to know about my new pending EP application?

Any insights will be useful.

sunsun111 wrote:

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

A unique situation is giving me some sleepless nights.

Currently with employer A and their Agency X applies and manages my renewals with Employer A.

My prospective Employer B has Agency Y who has applied for my new EP/DP.

While Agency Y was applying for my son`s new DP (my new EP is still pending), they noticed there was a name order mismatch in my sons existing DP. So they went ahead and applied to change the personal particulars for my son. when the approval for the name change came in, it is addressed to my current Employer A.

So will my current Employer A and Agency X come to know about my new pending EP application?

Any insights will be useful.

It's a name correction request, why do you think your new employment specifics would be shared with the current employer?

Sunsun: Your current employer can anyway, at any time and in EPOnline, see whether another work pass for you was applied for- but they cannot see who the applicant (= new employer) is.
There is no way to keep the fact that you are planning to change hidden from them, even without such a letter accidentally addressed to your old employer.
I actually know that at least some  employers do regularly check their foreign employees in EPOnline - and those who are deemed illoyal (because looking for another job) will be laid off in due course.

Hi All,

Just to response to SunSun post, I would like to know that the situation is new company has been processing the EP and in the meantime your current company submitted also to renew your current EP?

My question here, Is it possible for both company to proceed the EP (1 with renewal, 1 with new apply) ?
The reason why i'm asking is recently i got an offer from new company and now they have applied my EP since 27 May 2021, till now the status is "waiting from agency.......".

My concern now, what if the EP taking so long to approve, while my EP will expire on early Sept.
So later my current company cannot renew the EP, can they? since the new EP is still in progress.

Thank you.

One application at a time, you either get your EP renewed first or you get the EP (new one) approved.

Shekhz wrote:

One application at a time, you either get your EP renewed first or you get the EP (new one) approved.

yes, thank you.
Yeah i just realized that SunSun111 saying that the current company managed to renew.

I hope my new EP can be approved as soon as possible. :)

Btw, i still have 1 more query.
In case anybody in here know about it and sorry if apparently somebody has asked this question before in any other rooms.

My new company is now processing EP under vendor/agency, while the company that im working on is one of the MNC company.
And im just wondering, when the agency applying for EP, as i know all the employer information will be their data which is agency, not the MNC.

Or is it actually the agency will attach together with my EP application that stating the MNC company which i will work at ?
Because as i know that company playing a good role for EP to be approved.

Please kindly advise if anybody here know something.. Thank you so much :)

Thank you to everyone who advised me on the below.

I have informed the new employer that I cannot join at this point but happy to stay in touch and have requested them to withdraw my EP application.

EPWithdraw wrote:

Dear all,

I was wondering if someone on this forum has a view on the following scenario.

I am existing EP holder. I got an offer from new company, which applied for my EP. As with some other cases here, no enquiry on education or role or salary from MoM but EP approval taking long time.

Now I have been promoted in my current company (on own merit - not as counter offer or anything). If I ask new company to withdraw EP application, will MoM see this negatively and could it affect my EP renewal with current company later in the year.

Hi guys I'm looking for a job in Singapore
Can anyone help me out?

Fishae: Your work pass must be applied for by the company who employ you. (They can engage an agency to submit the application on their behalf)
Check your contract for who your actual employer is - only that one is of interest to MoM.

HI Beppi,

Yes, this agency in here is not an agent to apply EP only.
But this agency means that i will be under them for the payroll, while actually im working for the MNC company.
So in this case, the employer data should be the agency right?
And no information at all submitted to MOM for the MNC company that i will be working at. Thanks.

That means you are working for the agency, NOT the MNC. It does not matter at all who the customers of your employer are!

Thanks Shekzh and Fishae.
BTW, EP Approved.
Timelines, just in case it helps anyone:
Applied: 25/05/2021
Approved: 2/6/2021

sunsun111 wrote:

BTW, EP Approved.

That's sweet, lightning fast to be accurate. Would really help the forum if you could just shed some light on your job profile and industry, only if you are comfortable. Cheers and good luck with the new challenge

Yes, Surprisingly 3 full working days.
IT Industry, its for non-local company, managing certain markets.

SingaporeLover88 wrote:

New EP

Have applied for EP 2x before and 1 renewal, all approved in a matter of days

Applied 12 April
MOM asked for additional information about the company 11 May
EP online website says still pending 16 May

Going to be 5 weeks this Tuesday

I'm really praying that it gets approved very very soon - my STVP expires 18 May and working with old employer to renew (please send good vibes my way)  :up:

Hey guys - just wanted to share good news on my situation, and thank the members of this forum & the admins for their help and support.

EP got approved last Friday, 28 May! I'm including the waiting times below if it helps anyone.

Also @Beppi - thanks for posting the stats before! Those were kind of my safety blanket for a while and helped keep me sane and take proactive action.

Finally - for context - I'm in IT consulting.

- New EP applied 12 April
- Old EP cancelled 21 April
- MOM asked new employer for additional information 6 May
- New employer submitted additional information 11 May
- Old employer applied for extension of STVP 14 May
- Extension of STVP granted for 15 days 18 May
- EP approved 28 May

Total wait time: 46 days (i.e., 6 weeks and 4 days/  1,104 hours/ 66,240 minutes)

SingaporeLover88 wrote:
SingaporeLover88 wrote:

New EP

Have applied for EP 2x before and 1 renewal, all approved in a matter of days

Applied 12 April
MOM asked for additional information about the company 11 May
EP online website says still pending 16 May

Going to be 5 weeks this Tuesday

I'm really praying that it gets approved very very soon - my STVP expires 18 May and working with old employer to renew (please send good vibes my way)  :up:

Hey guys - just wanted to share good news on my situation, and thank the members of this forum & the admins for their help and support.

EP got approved last Friday, 28 May! I'm including the waiting times below if it helps anyone.

Also @Beppi - thanks for posting the stats before! Those were kind of my safety blanket for a while and helped keep me sane and take proactive action.

Finally - for context - I'm in IT consulting.

- New EP applied 12 April
- Old EP cancelled 21 April
- MOM asked new employer for additional information 6 May
- New employer submitted additional information 11 May
- Old employer applied for extension of STVP 14 May
- Extension of STVP granted for 15 days 18 May
- EP approved 28 May

Total wait time: 46 days (i.e., 6 weeks and 4 days/  1,104 hours/ 66,240 minutes)

Ha! I like the hours and minutes computation on a busy Wednesday.

Congrats! Do well.

Congratulations sunsun and Singaporelover 👏👏

sunsun111 wrote:

BTW, EP Approved.

Oh nice!! congrats for you:)

As of today, mine is still pending with "We need inputs from other agency......."
Hope everything is going well.

27 May:  applied
31 May:  "we neeed inputs from other agency....."

Here is the timeline for my application

28/05/2021 - EP renewal application submitted
05/06/2021 - Approved

Techgal wrote:

Here is the timeline for my application

28/05/2021 - EP renewal application submitted
05/06/2021 - Approved

Congratulations!

Hi.. Want to understand if anyone has been in same situation as me. Was Previous Singapore PR ..Now Australian Citizen. have job offer from Singapore. EP applied on 3rd June.. Status shows pending..

Anyone who had similar experience on chances of EP approval and time frame?

Mickeynanda: Your chances depend on the circumstances under which you lost your PR status.
If you renounced (maybe to avoid military service, and/or if you withdrew your CPF savings, your chances are low. If you had (and still have) SGP family members (e.g. wife or kids) and just didn‘t renew the REP when you moved abroad, you have good chances and could even become PR again.

i surrendered was not due to Service but moved away and yes withdrew my CPF as it has been over 7 years now.. No kids or wife who are SG.

Mickeynanda: As first generation PR (not liable for NS) who lost the PR due to moving away, you probably have a chance to get an EP (but never again PR).
I guess you are aware that you might have to return your CPF (full amount you withdrew - plus the interest that would have accrued if you hadn't withdrawn it). Do you have that money?

Thanks Beppi. Yes I do have money to return back if needed. That's not a problem. But wanted to understand on chances of getting EP and if anyone has been through this experience.

Hi All, my HR just applied for my renewal.  Is it true that I am unable to see the status unlike when they apply it for the first time?  I tried checking via MOM, it only shows "Issued".  Tried searching in the forum with same query as mine to no avail. 

Apologies in advance if this has been already answered.  :unsure

Correct: The status of your renewal application is not shown in EPOnline.

Hello,
We can see EP renewal application status via EP Online portal.
Under Enquire -> Application/Pass Status, Enter requestor details and click Next
Under Foreigner's Particulars section, enter details in Option 2 : Travel Document No. (Passport number) and Date of Birth and click Submit.
That's all!

Hello dear friends,

Can anyone share your thoughts on current situation now in SG, based on my message below?

May 1st, 2021 - Company A said can't renew contract (contract getting over by June 23rd). Current EP valid till 06/2022

May 11th, 2021 - Got offer with Company B

May 15th, 2021 - Applied new EP

May 19th, 2021 - Company A came up with contract renewal. But I rejected it because of new EP process. After accepting offer of I don't join either of these companies, I needed to pay penalty, so I patiently waiting for EP approval.

Present - Still new EP is in PENDING status

June 21st, 2021 - Company A contract getting over and I will get into STVP

I didn't you for counter offers, I didn't do job hopping!!. Unfortunately now into this deadlock situation with family in SG!!

Can we book appointment with MoM and request them to expedite the EP process, by explaining the situation?

Otherwise, I may need to pack up with my family from SG by July end!!!!!

Please share your views

Thanks

Sap_Guru: Currently, EP application processing times are 8 weeks and longer. Only your new employer (not you) can contact MoM and ask for an expedited process - and even then this might not achieve anything.
Your old employer can try to extend the STVP, but that requires a valid reason - and waiting for another EP is not accepted. If you book a flight within two weeks after STVP expiry, they might allow you to stay until then.