EP Processing Time April/May 2021

Appeals usually have a swifter turnaround time, if the appeal has been filed with the required inputs that were previously missing or facts that have to be substantiated with evidence/ documentation.

Appeals usually have a swifter turnaround time, if the appeal has been filed with the required inputs that were previously missing or facts that have to be substantiated with evidence/ documentation.

My 2nd appeal is now on the 4th week. As per my employer, they have submitted all the necessary documents requested by MoM like the list of candidates interviewed and more in-depth justification. I guess I'm on the unusual side.

Hoping we all get our approval soon.

What was the reason for the rejection ? Any communication from MOM or HR on that perspective ?
As oer your previuos post it took only 1 day for MOM to raise document request , or what  IMDA had to do as a authority for EP processing?

Good Day,

Can someone give suggestion.

I got an offer and new EP was applied on 1st week of June.
It is rejected today.

My current employer EP is going to expire in last week of August. Can I ask my current employer to apply for renewal even if the new EP status is in rejected. Or I have to ask new employer to cancel the Application before proceding for renewal

KTRED: If your new EP is rejected, the old employer can apply for an extension of your old EP - OR the new employer appeals against the rejection. Both together is not possible.
So you first have to decide whether you still want to change to the new employer or stay with the old one!

By the way: You posted the same message twice, which is not welcome on this forum. Please don't do it again. Thanks!

KTRED wrote:

Good Day,

Can someone give suggestion.

I got an offer and new EP was applied on 1st week of June.
It is rejected today.

My current employer EP is going to expire in last week of August. Can I ask my current employer to apply for renewal even if the new EP status is in rejected. Or I have to ask new employer to cancel the Application before proceding for renewal

any reason given for rejection ?

ITguy123 wrote:

Thanks Shekhz.  I had the same thing my mind, but just that Hr might not be so patient to wait for 2 weeks.. Need some solid reason  to make the Hr wait.

Hello! May I check your latest status of new EP application?

I'm in the same boat. I had to cancel my new EP application so my current employer can apply for renewal.

Timeline:
- waiting for 4 weeks for new EP approval (company B)
- current employer (Company A) had to renew since my current pass expiring in mid August.
- Company B cancelled their application.
- Company A renewed and approved in 2 weeks.
- Company B resubmitted. Status still PENDING after 3 days submission. Hoping to see this status change to the final outcome or vetting status.

3 days and curious is good, but you will have to be a lot more patient- it could take longer for a new EP to get approved, whilst in comparison to a renewal.

Thanks, Shekhz. I just curious because on my previous experiences, my Pending status changed in 1-2 days after its submission to “pending inputs from other agencies xxx). Just wondering why it's stuck in Pending status for now. I'll be patiently waiting for sure!

Hi folks,
My EP just got approved today. Here is my details.
Applied on : 15/04/2021
Approved on: 28/07/2021
Total time taken: 105 days.
Current company: local bank.
Prospective company: global bank.
Salary increment: 85% ( I was very much worried about it after seeing rejection for below 10%).
Note: I've studied here with moe subsidy and was underpaid among my peers as I never switched job.

Good luck with all pending ep applicants. Thank you all. This forum has been very helpful.

Congratulations! Foamy_Skill

the wait time was more than 3 months. Appreciate your patience and congrats

Hi Foamy Skill, in 105 days of waiting, did MOM asked for any additional supporting documents to your employer? Congratulations!🙏

leanne0214 wrote:

Hi Foamy Skill, in 105 days of waiting, did MOM asked for any additional supporting documents to your employer? Congratulations!🙏

Hi.
No it was pending all along. Status was “pending input from other agencies…” first few weeks. Then it went back to  pending status. No additional information was asked during entire time.

Foamy_Skill wrote:
leanne0214 wrote:

Hi.
No it was pending all along. Status was “pending input from other agencies…” first few weeks. Then it went back to  pending status. No additional information was asked during entire time.

Did you check it on Eponline? I wonder will we should keep tracking on EP online or just wait for HR to tell us about the result

Hi Guys,

my EP got approved on 28th July.
Date of application: 16th July
Been working in SG for 6 years. Changing employer for the first time.
Sector: Mfg.
All the best to other folks waiting for their results.

Congratulations! I pray that it will do it again in my pass application.
For me, applied last June 14 and still pending as of today (July 29).
I am SPASS holder before, then just apply first time EP for new company.

vicmanuf wrote:

Hi Guys,

my EP got approved on 28th July.
Date of application: 16th July
Been working in SG for 6 years. Changing employer for the first time.
Sector: Mfg.
All the best to other folks waiting for their results.

Congratulations! Good luck with the new professional challenge

Thank you.  :)

I would also like to ask as to how long usually does it take for the physical EP card to reach us/new employer and is it safe now to tender resignation with my current employer since the status has changed from pending to approved.

Hope that your application will be successful. All the very best.

vicmanuf wrote:

Thank you.  :)

I would also like to ask as to how long usually does it take for the physical EP card to reach us/new employer and is it safe now to tender resignation with my current employer since the status has changed from pending to approved.

Don't resign unless you have your IPA shine in your inbox/ email. Once you have resigned, you will get your old EP canceled, STVP issued (old employer will do that). Then the new pass is applied for by new employer and it takes 3-4 working days utmost a week.

Thank you very much for the info. In that case I will wait for the IPA to be made available before I tender my resignation.
Appreciate the response.

Finally my EP approved.
- Apr 16th 1st application
- MOM raised a typo error in June to my new employer
- June 21st 2nd application
- July 31st EP approved with IPA

Hi

What was the typo error , can you explain it ..

DJ69: Congratulations, your waiting game is over! The Lord will Do it again for those who are still waiting like me.🙏 thanks for the update

Thank you 🙏

Typo error was not disclosed by the company, but I believe it has to be something like a name or important data (birth date, address, ..).
Unfortunate mistake I would say.

Hello All,

My EP got approved.

Date of application: 22 July 2021
Approve date : 31 July 2021
Role : Data engineer

Hi guys,

My ep got rejected today applied on 29 April . No reason mentioned on ep online. Can I know the reason from employer and in what cases can we appeal

Sikander123 wrote:

Hi guys,

My ep got rejected today applied on 29 April . No reason mentioned on ep online. Can I know the reason from employer and in what cases can we appeal

EPOnline has never called out rejection reason, contact your employer, they will know what's the reason as MoM communicates it. If employer feels they can appeal, they will- it's usually if some critical information is missing or there is a concern with salary, unfair hiring etc etc.

Sikander: The employer get a rejection letter, which usually gives a hint for the reason (if you can interpret it - read this forum to learn which wording means what!). They can also contact MoM to get more details.
They can appeal, if they have new information or changes that remove the rejection reason.

Ok I will check with the employer. Thanks beppi and shekz

Hi All,

My EP is pending for more than 8 weeks now. when I checked with HR last time they told me they have emailed to MOM enquiring about the status but they have yet to reply.

My question is - Can HR schedule a call with MOM officer to enquire about the status?

Application Date : 9th June

Hi Vishwa
Patience is key here, it took me more than 3 months for me to get my EP approved, after 9weeks MOM mentioned there was a typo error in the application, new employer had to send a new application, and it took another 5weeks to get it approved.
The important thing is that all your documents are in order, education(s) verified if needed, and employer did a fair and good job in the recruitment process.

You don't have to schedule a call, your application submitter can just call the work pass division and enquire, it is anyways handled by a support representative. You could do a nudge and it works.

Thanks @DJ69 that gives me some positive hope.

HR submitted additional documents required by MOM on 30th June. It's been more than 5 weeks now. Just waiting for positive outcome.

Thanks @Shekhz for prompt reply.. Since it's been more than 8 weeks will push HR to call and enquire status.

Hi Shekz/Beppi & All

Reason mentioned for my EP rejection as below

The salary offered does not seem commensurate with the candidate's credentials

Is appeal possible in this case by reducing the salary etc. btw employer told they will check with MOM for possibilities

Sikander: The employer should first contact MoM to find out if the offered salary is indeed too high - it might be too low (and the rejection wording does not tell this). Also, there might be other rejection reasons, which must all be addressed for an appeal to have a chance.

Ok will wait for the update from employer

Sikander123 wrote:

Ok will wait for the update from employer

Your employer should call and check with the case officer, MoM accepts such requests and also outline the exact logic. You could be high or low, only MoM knows.

However, thumb rule, justify well what you being offered and this isn't for you, it's for your employer to explain to MoM. This is critical, since there isn't a guideline (known to me atleast) on who should get paid for what job depending on what skills and experience levels and for what industry, also what company size.