EP Processing Time April/May 2021

Dephi wrote:

Hello,
We can see EP renewal application status via EP Online portal.
Under Enquire -> Application/Pass Status, Enter requestor details and click Next
Under Foreigner's Particulars section, enter details in Option 2 : Travel Document No. (Passport number) and Date of Birth and click Submit.
That's all!

Hi Dephi, clarified with my HR.  You cannot actually see the status when they renew your pass.  You can only see it if it's a new application.   :)

Hi the "Application/Pass Status" under "Enquire" section as I can see as you mentioned "<Under Enquire -> Application/Pass Status> maybe available on the "business employer and EA" section of EP online portal.
At least not on the "passholder" portal though

Because most individuals would not have access to  "business employer and EA" section of EP online portal as all login is Singpass protected. You will need the "business user" credential to have access to that information.

Kindly advise if my understanding is correct.

The employer/ agency whoever has a login can check the application status. For renewals, as an applicant, you just get notified by the submitter if it is approved or rejected, u don't see the status on EP Online.

EP online is for new applications.

Hi,
I see. I use to see my renewal EP and new EP pplication status via below eponline link. I think it is the old unauthenticated eponline portal, No login needed. I just entered my Passport number and date of birth. I was able to see my EP renewal application status during Apr 2021.

https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE … tAction.do

Please try.

Yea correct ! I was able to my EP renewal status just by entering my nric and date of application. No login required.

Thanks a lot yes is possible i was checking on another site where it requires Singpass verification

Hello everyone,
Did you guys check the status everyday before getting the result?
Is it ok to check everyday?

Checking it every day is exaggerated - you will be informed of the result anyway! But I believe they do not track how often you access the database.

That portal is meant for us to check our application status. You can check as many times as you wish to.  I checked atleast three times a day. You can also expect the change in status on Saturdays.

A simpler way of looking at this, as an applicant, understandable that you are paranoid and out of anxiety wish to keep checking the status, ‘N' times over a day or a week. Brighter side, even if it is tracked, you aren't committing some crime since you are anxious and just checking an approval status. MoM has created that to ensure you can view your application status. It doesn't get you into any spot/ issues, so do it every hour if that helps ease the anxiety levels. However, just know that the approvals have their due process and average time before they are picked for review.

Please be patient and wait for the outcome.

fishae wrote:
sunsun111 wrote:

Thanks Shekzh and Fishae.
BTW, EP Approved.
Timelines, just in case it helps anyone:
Applied: 25/05/2021
Approved: 2/6/2021

Oh nice!! congrats for you:)

As of today, mine is still pending with "We need inputs from other agency......."
Hope everything is going well.

27 May:  applied
31 May:  "we neeed inputs from other agency....."

Hello Guys!

Here i just wanna give some updates on my application.
Yesterday noon ard 5pm, i checked my EP status was still the same (we need input.....), but then this morning (7:30 am) my agency informed me that my EP has been approved. Thanks God :)
Thank you all for the support and your useful information in this forum.
I hope everyone who will apply or still waiting, can get a good result as well..

31 May:  We need inputs from other agency....
16 June:  approved

So i think in total is about 20-21 days (new EP application for new company - job changes).

Good luck everyone!! ^^

fishae wrote:
fishae wrote:
sunsun111 wrote:

Thanks Shekzh and Fishae.
BTW, EP Approved.
Timelines, just in case it helps anyone:
Applied: 25/05/2021
Approved: 2/6/2021

Oh nice!! congrats for you:)

As of today, mine is still pending with "We need inputs from other agency......."
Hope everything is going well.

31 May:  "we neeed inputs from other agency....."

Hello Guys!

Here i just wanna give some updates on my application.
Yesterday noon ard 5pm, i checked my EP status was still the same (we need input.....), but then this morning (7:30 am) my agency informed me that my EP has been approved. Thanks God :)
Thank you all for the support and your useful information in this forum.
I hope everyone who will apply or still waiting, can get a good result as well..

31 May:  We need inputs from other agency....
16 June:  approved

So i think in total is about 20-21 days (new EP application for new company - job changes).

Good luck everyone!! ^^

That's some great news, congratulations! Raise a toast and celebrate. Cheers

Congrats fishae 👌

Mine was applied on 29 April and 7th week running. MOM didn't ask any info still in pending state

Anyone experienced this situation without any update from MOM and longer waiting time ?

Mine more than 8 weeks pending and MOM has not required anything else to employer or myself. But when employer asked why so long they mentioned they were checking my verified postgraduate (this was beginning of last week), and no further news or explanation as of now 😓
It seems we can just wait

DJ69 wrote:

Mine more than 8 weeks pending and MOM has not required anything else to employer or myself. But when employer asked why so long they mentioned they were checking my verified postgraduate (this was beginning of last week), and no further news or explanation as of now 😓
It seems we can just wait

Oh ok . Thanks for the info. Hope it gets approved soon for us both. Good luck

If your educational credentials are being validated, it would take 2-4 weeks for a revert/ approval.

Thank you Shekhz!
Well it's strange MOM asked to verify it last year already, which was done with their approved agency, sent back to MOM and well received.
This time is a new EP for a new employer (I am currently under EP with my current company), so documents sent for the application were already verified.
I believe they are just re-verifying what was verified…. But process has been over 8weeks already.

If you see this as a trend, also for future use (if and when you switch jobs/ renew), I'd suggest engage one of the agencies yourself, get a verification report. You can submit it through the next employer to get a swift turnaround. I've done this myself to avoid any disappointments in the future.

Yes this is exactly what happened, I hired the agency myself (last year) got the report and my current employer shared it to MOM with confirmation that everything good.
Now with the same report for a new employer, it seems they are asking more information to the verification agency.

Yes, thank you Shekhz and Sikander!

Hope all will be approved soon also..
Just be patient and wish the best for you all :)

One strange info
Use link
https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE … tAction.do

For renewal select option 2 passport no and DOB

Other options do not work
If you use option 3 FIN no and DOB
you will see current EP status

Hello everyone,

My EP finally got approved

Applied on 12th March
Approved on 17th June

It took 98 days

Congrats Subeep, that was very long but you got it that's what matter!
Any specific reasons why it was so long? Appeals? Verification of Degree? Salary increase? …
Thanks for sharing

Mine pending since June 4.
On June 6 IMDA ask for documents like JD, CV and diploma.

Anyone encounter this?

Mefees: This is normal if the employer forgot to include these documents (which are mandatory).

EP process nearly 11weeks, still under process, only last week MOM asked some additional information to my new employer apparently…tough process 😓

DJ69 wrote:

EP process nearly 11weeks, still under process, only last week MOM asked some additional information to my new employer apparently…tough process 😓

Yeah . Mine 9th week running and no info asked from MOM yet. Still  in pending state. I have called the employer and they were saying it may take up to 3 months. Not sure what's happening

DJ69 wrote:

Mine is also 11th week. Good luck to us both

My appeal is still pending and Entering 9th week.. Good luck all..

Hey, mine was applied for on 23rd April by the new company I accepted a job with. It is still pending as of 1st July. :( 10 weeks done!
I am wondering if I should resign from my current job anyway. With 2 months notice period & 1-month stvp..I should get 3 more months in hand. Thoughts?

Hey! Congrats on getting your EP approval!
You mentioned your old EP had gone a few days after you submitted a request for the new one. Had you resigned from your past company already?
And how did your old company help with your STVP extension?

My sincere advice, never resign unless your IPA/ pass approval comes through. There is no guarantee that your IPA will come through in the speculated time frame. Get the approval and resign without any tensions.

Hope you are well !

My brother company is getting merged from one to another :

Company 1 - applied S pass with less salary and Ep got rejected on 23rd may due to S pass quote issue.

Company 2: applied EP with almost 2k  hike
Got rejected on 16th June

Meanwhile company applied 3rd extension to work in singapore on 19th June and it got rejected.

Company 2 again applied ep and got rejected on 25th June as well and now consulting has applied Appeal .

Now my brother is in STVP in singapore and last date to leave is 22nd July.

1- Can company 2 has to wait to apply new EP till the appeal is approved or rejected?

2- If the appeal is approved then how many are the chances that EP will get Approved?

3- Can company C can apply new EP (has no relation to appeal of another company)

4- what are the chances of EP getting approved?

Okay, thanks for the advice! I shall wait in that case.

Tinasg: You posted this on the forum AND sent it to me as PM AND sent me an unsolicited contact request (although we do not know each other).
While this may fit into Singapore "Kiasu-ism", it is not the preferred way this forum works. Therefore no advice from me, sorry!

Tinasg: Please do not post the queries directly to members of this forum, as outlined by Beppi- given you don't know them and they aren't on your contact list. This is one amongst the many rules here. Also, as you would see, the contributors are almost spontaneous in responding to your queries and the whole point of this forum is to help share advice and expand it's reach. There is nothing confidential in what you sharing either.

Hope you understand and don't repeat it.

A simple advice, which may answer your questions-  at any given time, no two applications for the same applicant (from different employers) can be processed. Withdraw the appeal, if you keen for another employer to apply a fresh application. Or you can wait for the appeal outcome. Average approval time is still a few weeks, stated as 8 on MoM portal for work pass. Even if you get it sooner, you are on a thin window.

Hi everyone
I have a question
My new EP was applied on 20th May. Last week employer got a response from MOM that they need further information from the company. Employer gave the info and now the status is pending. 6th week going on. The problem is my current EP is up for renewal. The HR called me this week to fill out the form for renewal. What should I do? Do I need to tell my new company to withdraw the application for them to renew this one? Is there anyway to delay the renewal. My EP expires on 2 September.
Support is appreciated, thank you!

Have the submitter do a follow-up with MoM, if you don't get a response in the next 2 odd weeks, withdraw your application and ensure you have your renewal done before applying again for a new EP.

Thanks Shekhz.  I had the same thing my mind, but just that Hr might not be so patient to wait for 2 weeks.. Need some solid reason  to make the Hr wait.

My Ep status rejected on July 5 and appeal on the same day :(. Not sure how long is the appeal though. Might be 3 weeks waiting :(