Appeal for spass after rejection

Hi guys,

Here is my situation, I am currently holding a spass now and I resigned for my current job, my last day will be on end of this week.

I found a job 2 weeks ago and my new company did apply spass for me. But yesterday my new spass application was rejected because of the company issue but I am not informed what was the reason for rejection. Any one know what is the potential reasons for this rejection? And before the application, they did check there is enough quota for spass worker, so I don't think insufficient quota is the problem. If the company appeal for me , is there any chance of successful appeal?

And after my last day of current job, I will receive a 30 days SVP. Appeal duration stated on MoM website is at least 3 weeks, is there possible way that I can get my appeal result earlier? Addition, if by end of my SVP, I still can't get my appeal result, can I extend my SVP? I still have 1 year tuition grant need to “pay”.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

It is not a good idea to resign before the work pass for your next job is approved. Now you have to face the consequences!

It is not possible to tell, from the very limited information you gave, what the rejection reasons might be. Read the fourum to get some idea! For a successful appeal, the reasons must be known and addressed, otherwise it will just be rejected again.
There is no way to speed up the processing of an appeal. Patience is the key word here!
The 30-days EP you get after cancelling a work pass is not renewable or extendable. You must leave the country when it runs out.

Is there any possible for me to apply for a long term visit pass which I had already applied and received two years ago. Cause in current situation, once I return back to my own country, I will not able to enter Singapore again as singapore is rejecting all new pass application from China now. Or can I proceed to ica for further extend of my SVP?

The LTVP of two years ago was cancelled once you received your work pass.
Under normal circumstances, there is no way to extend your stay beyond the 30-days SVP. You can ask ICA whether they are more flexible in these not normal times, but don't keep your hopes up: Unless you work in an essential function (e.g. medical) the official goal is to reduce foreigner numbers here.

So should i call the ica tell them about my situation and ask if there is any way to extend my SVP or i should proceed to ica personally?

Yes, you can do that.

Your spass/epass got rejected during COVID-19 is normal. Dont panic. Te main reason of your spass/epass got rejected was because MOM had advised employer to defer any application for FOREIGNER at this period. ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE ARE CURRENTLY OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE.. hence, you must inform or your employer will have to appeal and justify your current location. So dont panic..

I advise you to submit Extension of SVP through online / give a call to ICA. . Btw,, let me know the outcome since you're giving a call to ICA..

One of my pre-employee  have similar case with you.. but she is from our neighbour country. She resigned from previous employer and her EP application got rejected. I had appeal and meantime I asked her to extend SVP

The situation seems to be that work passes for people currently outside of Singapore and NOT processed.
Those currently here are processed only in very limited numbers, probably only those who work in essential supplies (e.g. medical).

Hi nunuyawkwong,

Thank you for the info. Do you think MOM rejecting work passes outside of Singapore includes dependent passes as well? If my dependent is in SG then I can also appeal on the basis of verifying her location.

thanks

MoM rejecting most of outside of Singapore employees application. But, after lockdown period is over, candidate should appeal

Hi all,
Just wanted to share my experience and ask if someone else is facing the same situation.
Today my EP Application was rejected
Application submitted on March 3rd
March 26th MOM requested documentation regarding my Diploma  certificate and diploma proof of verification. RMI confirmed my diploma and all documents have been submitted on time to MOM
Today my employer informed me that EP has been rejected.
Me employer is trying to find out the reason of rejection.
I already worked for the same employer from 2014 to 2017, moved then back to Italy, where I actually live and was planning to move back to SG.
I guess rejection is due to COVID outbreak...
my employer will try to appeal...

Lizzy_lizzy wrote:

Hi all,
Just wanted to share my experience and ask if someone else is facing the same situation.
Today my EP Application was rejected
Application submitted on March 3rd
March 26th MOM requested documentation regarding my Diploma  certificate and diploma proof of verification. RMI confirmed my diploma and all documents have been submitted on time to MOM
Today my employer informed me that EP has been rejected.
Me employer is trying to find out the reason of rejection.
I already worked for the same employer from 2014 to 2017, moved then back to Italy, where I actually live and was planning to move back to SG.
I guess rejection is due to COVID outbreak...
my employer will try to appeal...

Hi Bro,

I dont think currently a lot of approvals or rejections are coming. This blog is quite since last 1 week, so lets wait n see updates from others on the approvals or rejections. You should check with your employer and plan for the appeal after knowing the rejection reason.

Hi guys,

my employer applied for my EP 10 days ago, this morning my application was rejected. I`m still overseas and occupied in the same Enterprise group (so actually not a high risk for me as I didn´t have resigned yet, lucky me). 

It seems to be normal that all EP´s are rejected at the moment, unless you stay already in Singapore...

@Lizzy_lizzy,

Wish you the best. It seems like the employer is just able to appeal if you´re already in Singapore. Otherwise your employer need to wait for re-applying until the Circuit breaker ends.

@junglist83 thank you so much for the information.
Hopefully this situation will improve soon!

@Junglist83:
Quick update
My HR Just called me because  he has finally succeeded in speaking  with MOM
They have confirmed all appeals for people outside From  Singapore will be rejected. MOM suggests to submit appeals after June 1st.

Hi guys, my employee's Employment pass finally approved
04/03/2020 - Applied
07/03/2020 - Rejected
07/03/2020 - Submit Appeal
28/04/2020 - APproved

Employment pass.. non - essential.. good luck guys

nunuyawkwong wrote:

Hi guys, my employee's Employment pass finally approved
04/03/2020 - Applied
07/03/2020 - Rejected
07/03/2020 - Submit Appeal
28/04/2020 - APproved

Employment pass.. non - essential.. good luck guys

Congrats. Took 7+ weeks after appeal for approval. May i know the reason for the Rejection ?

Sorry my mistake

03/04 apply
07/04 reject
07/04 appeal
28/04 approved..

Hi all,
Anyone outside from Singapore has received EP approval?
Thanks

Hi sir
     My spass renewal may 23 2020
              Rejected may 26
          Appeal may 29 can i get approved or not my spass expiry june 12....

Nobody can tell you whether your appeal will get approved or not and how many days it can take. If the rejection is based on the basic review criteria set up by MoM then an appeal won't help unless your employer is addressed the reason before appealing. Good luck

Hi sir
       My spass appeal status  how can i check.....
      I check but still rejected not pending...
       Spass renewal apply 23/05/2020
              Rejected 26/05/2020
             Appeal 29/05/2020
   How can i check status...

How can i check spass appeal status....29 spass appeal....

Your s pass status is showing rejected which is correct. If appeal will be successful then status will change to  approved. If appeal is unsuccessful then your s pass status will remain rejected.

Thank u sir...how can i check appeal confirmed...

I have already mentioned that if your appeal will be successful then status will change. If you want ask your employer to check with MoM when the appeal can be announced (if it's not announced yet).

You should start preparing to leave Singapore or else get a tour visa of 30 days stay (very unlikely you will receive) cause legally you can't stay here after 12 June. Beware of it.

Hi! Were your employee able to get an extension? Im on a similar case. It is said in the rejection that "if your candidate is in Singapore you may submit an appeal" my employer already sent an appeal and supporting documents that I am in Singapore. But Im worried that the release of result which is 3 weeks won't make it on time until the end of my STVP. I applied in ICA for extension but they rejected it. Though I sent another one stating my reasons. Is there any other way to extend my STVP?

If ICA rejects the extension ofyour SVP, there is no other way to extend it.

Hi Lizzy do u have any news? What industry are u in? I'm on the same boat. Waiting for my appeal

Hi guys,

Here is my timeline:

14/04/2020 Applied

23/04/2020 Rejected
(Reason: Your application is not successful. If your candidate is currently in Singapore, you may wish to submit an appeal for our consideration...)

08/06/2020 Appeal (Employer said they appealed on 8th June but I didn't hear from them about the result)

24/06/2020 Applied again

08/07/2020 Approved

S Pass/new application/currently not in Singapore

Good luck everyone!!

Hello,

How is the situation in SG right now? Any update about SPass application, about the rejection?

From MoM website "While we are progressively re-opening our borders, approvals for any new applications are still limited"

My employer applied my SPass in the first week of July, today I just received email to sign RMI. I'm from outside SG and work in Manufacture & Construction industry
How big is my chance to get approved?

Hi Jhc65

Could you pls share what industry you're in? Thanks Jhc65

eca03 wrote:

Hi, i saw your post regarding appealing of your spass and i have the same reason of rejection "if your candidate is in Singapore you may submit an appeal".  I would like to ask of how many days did you wait until your pass approved from being rejected? Thank you.

Hi!

Apply: June 16, 2020
Reject: June 25, 2020
Appeal: June 25,2020 (atleast 3 weeks as per website)
Follow up: July 13,2020 (mom informs need more time and that they will feedback within 3 weeks)
Follow up: July 23, 2020 AM (employer says it has been a month - mom says they will expedite)
Approved: July 23, 2020 PM

It took a month for the appeal to be approved.

If you are worrying on your stvp expiration: My stvp expired last July 15. I went to MOM on my last day and got a 14 days extension. I think they are considerate if the foreigner has pending application that is why they gave 2 weeks. Better to also ask ex-employer to extend but MOM reply is late so one still have to go to MOM personally on the last day. I think they also consider if the ex-employer applied for extension. They did reply to my ex-employer's extension application on July 17, saying that "employer should log in to eponline within 7 days of current STVP expiration (which is now june 29) and print new STVP. But since appeal has been approved, i have no need to extend it again.

Fyi. Good luck!

Hi I just would like to share my current situation  if you guys can advise , I got layoff from my company after 8 years serviced they said  due to Covid 19 situation. Since my service is very long at the company they decide to hired me instead under agency not sure is that valid reason to terminate me and hire me back under agency . So my situation now agency applied my pass on 7 Dec 2020 and got rejected on 13 Dec 2020 , agency appeal on 14 Dec 2020 however until now I didn't get yet update from MOM almost 2 months on 14 Feb. agency said they can't follow up with MOM for the update , they only advise me to wait. I didn't really trust this agency! I persuade my manager to apply me with other agency and my manager find other agency can apply me however the other agency can't apply unless the first agency need to withdraw the appeal , my question is there anyone facing like my situation that took so long for appeal to be review/ approve  by MOM ? Thank you

You should continue discuss with your employer and convince them to talk to the agency who works for them to withdraw their appeal. If your employer ask the agency to withdraw, I don't see there is any reason the agency not going to withdraw as they don't take risk to have a conflict with their client.

Your employer can help on this. But, please be noted that there is no guarantee that the new agency's application will be successful. Good luck