MOM rejected My IPA

Hi..im currently in singapore and now i in notice resign 1 month..last week new company apply IPA for me and then MOM rejected my IPA application..some of people said must cancel old work permit first and then can apply for IPA and new work permit..so which one is true?how if cancel work permit and apply the IPA MOM still rejected?now i 50-50

Mate, you get an IPA and then resign, the old employer will then cancel your current pass and once you start your new job, you get your new pass.

Whoever told you that you must resign and cancel your pass, before getting an IPA is certainly mistaken.

Wrong decision. Be prepared with your alternate plan.

But why new employer told me must resign first then can apply the IPA

Ask them, because that's not something we can tell you. It's misleading information.

Hahaha..they also not sure if MOM approved or not..so just do it..if also rejected,no choice la..im not too hopeful.cause Chinese and India MOM so fast approved..my friend indian morning apply ipa afternoon get a result MOM approved..so easy

Aman Mohd wrote:

Hahaha..they also not sure if MOM approved or not..so just do it..if also rejected,no choice la..im not too hopeful.cause Chinese and India MOM so fast approved..my friend indian morning apply ipa afternoon get a result MOM approved..so easy

‘Morning apply IPA afternoon get a result'- you my friend are living in dreamland, rather some fictitious era. Anyways, if that helps you seek some peace of mind, so be it.

The situation "IPA can get fastest in 30mins" is true for WP malaysian. Not sure others country. But for SP/EP still follow as per MOM's website 3 - 8weeks..

Yes correct..but other company apply for me MOM also rejected..so here no choice..i call by phone and walk in to their office also same..so if my work permit cancel already next week and MOM still rejected,I decided to go back Malaysia la..next years i will come back again

Which industry you are in?

Now i work in service sector and then i get new job Warehouse.

Can apply same position if IPA rejected after 3 months?my first time change job but IPA rejected.  So sad

Hello Lenlovly84,

This is an old thread. I suggest that you browse through the recent threads of the Singapore forum and get in touch with active members.

Regards,

Bhavna

Not your IPA was rejected, but your work pass.

An IPA is only a letter that serves as (one-time) entry visa to get the work pass issued. If you are already in Singapore, you do not need an IPA!

A rejected work pass application can be appealed against, but that is only worth the effort if circumstances have changed sufficiently, so that you now fulfill the requirements.

@Aman Mohd hi aman, may i know what is the update as my last employment in singapore was in 2020 then i decided to work again in Sg in 2023. There are 3 companies accepted me unfortunately my WP is not approved. Btw,im malaysian.  I even wrote to MOM to appeal personally but they advised me for the company to appeal. Now im losing hope as it leave a bad impression for the company who wants to hire me

@beppi hi my name is SHOPON I working singapore construction company all must 9 years I left sg 2020 feb. now sep 2023 I wan to work again in sg I apply a lot times bt my ipa rejected every times by mom can u tell me the reason please 🙏

@shoponsk471 You posted this question here AND sent it to me (and possibly othes?) as PM. Although this fits into the Singaporean tradition of "Kiasu'ism", it is discouraged on this forum and ony wastes our volunteers' time.

Furthermore, you did not search other forum discussions to find an answer - otherwise you would know that an IPA (= "In-Principle Approval") cannot be applied for and was not rejected!

@beppi can you give any solution please

@Aman Mohd hai aman , do you working in singapore for now ?

@shoponsk471 I gave you a good advice: Read related forum discussions and understand the issue and its causes and remedies!