Job offer - for quick start

Hi all,

Need some VERY quick advice. I've been head-hunted to teach aviation engineering in Doha Qatar. Had online interview and now been handed a contract with only three days to respond - is that normal?

Package includes accommodation, utilities (including internet) medical, flights, transportation to and from place of work. Salary is approx 10000QR per month. Is that fair? seems low to me (£25K). This is for a September start.

Also, I don't believe this is tax free as HMRC says if my home is in the UK I have to pay tax on foreign income....help!

I get baggage allowance and 2 year contract.

any advice?

Cheers.

You applied for a job position and got it right sir?
I don't understand what advice you looking for

The package offered is too low.

Robbo74 wrote:

Hi all,

Need some VERY quick advice. I've been head-hunted to teach aviation engineering in Doha Qatar. Had online interview and now been handed a contract with only three days to respond - is that normal?

Package includes accommodation, utilities (including internet) medical, flights, transportation to and from place of work. Salary is approx 10000QR per month. Is that fair? seems low to me (£25K). This is for a September start.

Also, I don't believe this is tax free as HMRC says if my home is in the UK I have to pay tax on foreign income....help!

I get baggage allowance and 2 year contract.

any advice?

Cheers.

Thought so....also contract is a single page PDF file that doesn't cover topics such as sick pay etc. I will try to negotiate, if not....binned.

3 days to sign a contract...is this normal?  :|
What's the going rate for a teacher of avionics and engineering?