How to make friends in Brussels

Helloooo!
My name is Silvia, I'm 24 and i arrived three weeks ago to Brussels! Im from Spain and I studied psicology!
Really,  I would like to meet some new people, take a drink...  I hope meet people like meee!!! :=)

Hi everybody!

We are a group of 7 youngsters (from Ghent - Sint Lucas - advertising and graphic design studies) and we have the schoolassignment to meet up with british people living in belgium, getting to know them and the british people. Ofcourse we were really excited about the assignment (we all love to meet new people) but turns out its kinda difficult to find them!

Are there people interested to have a meeting or a drink this week?

Cheers
Christophe, Morgane, Elroy, Silke, Jolien, Hanneleen and Zoë

Does it have to be British People? or People who lived in Great Britian For a long time counts?

It'd be best to be people from the UK (so they could also be from scotland for example) but I guess people who live their or have lived their for a long time and are acustomed to the culture would be okay also ;-)

Could you help us out maybe?

well yes I could, but I am noy british I have Lived there for 8 years though. I don't know if that counts!

Hello hello! Anyone who would like to meet? I'm free today, tomorrow and on Thursday. Let me know! I live in St Catherine so I can easily get to places.

Question: Has there actually ever been a meet-up organized on this forum which was successful?! :)

@kjagannathan

From what I can gather on here, I don't think so.

@balesy - how about changing that trend? or should we just leave the record untarnished?? :D

Hello kjagannathan, why don't you propose something?;)

Harmonie.:)

@Harmonie - propose?! already?? I think we should start with "hello"...more conventional isn't it?? :D

Let me see now...what we have here is a forum thats never had a successful meet-up!! But dozens of ppl who 'seem' to want other new ppl moving into the city!!  One might think this is an open and shut case!! But apparently not...!! :P

I'm gonna be at this concert on the 17th...! "Lilly Wood & The Prick - Owlle"

botanique.be/agenda/concerts?page=1

My common sense proposed to me that I take the tickets my colleague offered me as he had to travel....and I listened...!

Is anyone else listening?? :)

I think a cafe/ bar is more appropriate, for the the reason that we all have different taste in music. However, getting the ball rolling is alwyas better than just waiting on proposals to do something while others desperately checking their mail every day  trying to find a meet up ;).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I occasionally get into Churchill's, O'Reilly's and the Rock Classic Bar in Brussels, so if anybody else who uses this forum also happens to be in any of these establishments and spots me, then feel free to say "Hi" ;)

Is there any meeting soon?!!!!! I am in Etterbeek area now

Hi everyone !

I'm from Paris, turning 30 in a few days.
I finally moved out to Brussels last June to join my lovely fiancee. I love my life here and it would be nice to share it with some other new faces.

Cheers

Hi ZoeDW

I just moved to Belgium from UK, maybe I could help with some questions? :)

Hi everyone..i'm Nabilah, and i'm going to further my Masters degree at ghent university next september 2012..i would love friends who could share experience and advice..=)..Ghent, from what i have seen( in pictures) are beautiful...i can't wait to go there and meet new friends!

Hey guys,

I really wanna improve my French, lately I've been having this urge to improve my french is there anybody who fancy a chat in french from time to time?

Hello Miroelsilent585,

Maybe you could create a new post in french in the francophone Brussels forum.

You'll get the chance to improve your french! ;)

Rouma

Hey Everyone, Since we've been arranginf and cancelling meet ups like tennis ball I was thinking of gathering everyone on the room to my place for drinks and snacks sometime friday after next but I dont wanna make it oficial until I know that alot of people would be willing to come. Anyway is that idea suits anyone?

Miroelsilent585 wrote:

Hey Everyone, Since we've been arranginf and cancelling meet ups like tennis ball I was thinking of gathering everyone on the room to my place for drinks and snacks sometime friday after next but I dont wanna make it oficial until I know that alot of people would be willing to come. Anyway is that idea suits anyone?

Well I'd be interested in joining, I guess you are talking about Friday the 16th. But to be honest, it is still some days until then, so I cannot tell for certain yet. Could probably tell you more in a week or so ;).

that's fine i was just giving an idea maybe some people wouldn't like the idea of going to homes of people they dont know.

Come on People keep this place alive.

Quickly!

Get a defibrillator! ;)

Hello all!!

I just arrived last week, but my husband and I would really enjoy meeting up at any get-togethers that you are able to plan. It sounds like it has been a bit difficult getting people together, but maybe after the holidays are over, people will have more time to make it happen?? Hopefully, hear from you all soon.  :)

Meghan, if you ever feel like visiting Antwerpen, my husband & I would be glad to get together and show you around and such! :)

Thanks, Melby! I appreciate that. I will definitely keep that in mind. Hope you are enjoying the holidays.

My name is Rugile. I'm from a small corner of Northern Europe called Lithuania. Now I live in Brussels with my fiance; I came here for studies and he did so for work. We both a looking to stay here for at least a couple of years, possibly and depending on various circumstances even more. In the meantime we are very much looking forward to making new friends, so please feel free do drop us a line (:

hi i'm moke i'm dreaming to go expa to asia china,japan,india,ect to expant my culture are there some places where i can meet asian people or forums where i can talk about it

thx ,grtz

moke

Hi everyone!

I've recently moved to Brussels for work.  I'm 25 and English and would like to go out for some drinks with some new people and get to explore the city...anyone interested? 

Is there are group maybe of people from this site who already meet up once in a while?  It would be nice to join next time if so!

Hi Balesy, Miroel, Charles, Meghan, Susanna + everyone else....
Seeing as Balesy has suggested it a few times...how about we all meet on Saturday (14th Jan) at O'Reillys for a drink...say at around 5.30pm?  Then we can have a drink or 2 and finally meet each other.  You can stay for one...five...have food or not...take it as you please...something pretty casual...
I think the bar is on Place de la Bourse (Balesy..you can advise if not)...
Hopefully this is enough notice for everyone...Let me know on the forum or send me a message and I will confirm to everyone :)
If not....I tried I guess!!
Katie

That's an Amazing Idea!!! I'm in!

@Katie W, Miroelsilent585 and anyone else.

Just to confirm I'll be one of hopefully a few heading to O'Reilly's for 5.30pm this saturday afternoon.

Anyone going by taxi, ask for O'Reillys 1 Place de la Bourse, if you're getting the tram (55-52-81) Stop La Bourse.

See you saturday!

Katie, Balesy, great idea!! I am free that day and I will plan on joining you. Can't wait to meet everyone. See you soon :)

Hey,

Thanks for the replies!  Sounds good.  I might not be able to stay for too long on Saturday as its my flatmate's birthday but i'll still be there!  Looking forward to meeting you all

The more that turn up the merrier, although I don't think I'll be out until the wee hours of the morning painting Brussels red, but hey, who knows? ;)

Looking forward to it...so far there will be six of us but you never know we might get a couple more before Saturday!
See you all on Sat!
Katie :D

Hello everybody! :) I just moved to Brussels for work, and I would love to meet some other people aside from the people from my work, so if you do not mind to have a Finnish girl joining you, I might just show up too! :)

@Maria999 - the more the merrier, everybody is welcome! ;)

See you there.