Unlimited work pemit after 4 years of employment in Belgium

Hello ,

I am looking for someone who recently got their unlimited work permit approved to help me with the below questions:

1) the employment contract we submit can have limited time duration ? for example 1 year or 3 years ?

2) when we have the approval for indefinite work permit, we are allowed to change the employer as we want ? or should we apply permit for the change of employment?

3) Is it handled the same way as single permit procedure ? or once the work permit is approved we have to apply for the residence approval at the commune that will go to immigration office ?

4)How fast was your request approved ?

I live in flanders , anything to keep in mind before initiating the process ?

Thanks for all your suggestions or tips.

karthick.

Just an update i applied unlimited permit on 31/08/2022 and got work permit approval on 24/09/2022 and in the email they said positive decision has been taken for work permit and for residence permit my file has been forwarded to Brussels immigration office. Since then i have not received any update so the whole process can take around 4months or may be more. I am also form flanders.

@hssn601

Hello thanks,

2 question ,

Can you start working before you have decision from immigration?

For this process the employment contract you submitted has any validity ?

1- I am not sure as i am working with the same company and i continued working after permit approval as i already have a valid single permit (limited) which is valid till 2025.

2- My contract doesn't have a validity.

I don't think you need to have an unlimited duration employment to get unlimited work permit, all you need to prove is you worked for 4 years and still have income / job.

https://www.vlaanderen.be/toelating-tot … via-e-mail

@hssn601

sorry I hope one last question :

"Compile request :

Bring the required documents together into one application in the fixed order below . Use the interleaves at the back of the application form to separate the different categories of documents."

in this text , there is a statement , use the interleaves/supplement page to separate the documents , but I do not see any supplement page like that in the back of the  application form, can you help here ?

thanks,

What i did is created a pdf file and added all the required documents starts with heading and document. In the end you submit a single pdf file.

@hssn601

Can you clarify this point please ?

I am completing my 4 years with local work contract by Feb 14 2023,

Can I ask for renewal under the indefinite work contract aplication ?

Should we complete 4 before submitting the application or the fact that i will be completing my 4 years with the current permit , is acceptable ?

You have an idea ?

Thanks

@karthick_ what did you end up doing? waiting until 4 years or applying ~2 months before the 4 years?

@bbb910

I applied 2 months before the end of my 4 years completion, considering the fact that the ongoing work permit was valid enough to complete 4 years.

but the decision was negative , as we can only submit the request only after completing the 4 years of service.

fyi, i did the request on November 2022!