How to make friends in Brussels

Im so sorry. I might not be able to go.  I got stuck in IKEA this afternoon and am not back yet.  I hope I can get there but not sure.  Hopefully it will be good and everyone will do it again soon!

I am sorry I couldn't come. I got something to do the last moment before I leave to Brussel. Hope that you had enjoyed your time, and hopefully next time will be soon to meet you.
Kind regards to you all.

Just liked to say a big thanks to all the people who showed up, it was great to meet you all we will definitely do it again. For all those who couldn't show up we will be arranging another meeting (hopefully soon) to get the chance to meet you all.

Looking forward to meet you all next time.

I really enjoyed putting some faces to the names on here last night, what a lovely group of people, I hope everyone managed to get home ok.

My apologies to those who accompanied me over to the Rock Classic Bar after we left O'Reilly's, that guy behind the bar was pretty arrogant and obnoxious. There wasn't any need for it plus the atmosphere in there was bad, it's not normally like that and I was pretty disappointed.

It just goes to show that we should have stuck to the expat pubs and not bothered mingling with the locals, I'll certainly not be  recommending that bar again to anyone.

If there's another pub crawl meet-up, then I may 'possibly' attend...if you're all unlucky! ;)

Now that my headache has gone(!)...I really shouldn't drink beer ;)...a big thanks to everyone for coming!  It was really great to meet you all and hope we have another night out soon.

Balesy - what happened with the barman? Was I there for that?! Fistycuffs?!?

I don't know if you'd noticed, but the barman was being pretty arrogant in his attitude towards us all because we were a group of foreigners.

He throughly deserved a good slap, the fat francophone tosspot! ;)

Hellu everybody !!
i'm from sweden and i'm moving to brussels in 6 weeks and i would love to meet some new people !
is there any good bars with people from all around the world not just belgian people :)

hey don't get me wrong !!

i don't mean that i dont like to meet belgian people,
i wanna meet all kind of people,
i dont wanna go to a bar and find just beligan people, i wanna know people from all around the world!

so please dont get me wrong!

aaah I miss the appointment!

hey Jenein,

We just had our first meeting in an Irish pub and we were a diverse group of people. Maybe when you'll arrive you can check this post to see if there is any meeting that will take place at that time.
takr care.

Ok, perhaps next time we shouldn't pick a venue that's showing live televised football! :rolleyes:

I had a great time meeting everyone last Saturday! I'd love to meet up again soon sometime. Hope everyone is having a great week, and staying warm. :)

Hi guys,
I come from italy and I am here since 4 months. I didn't know this internet site, I've found it by chance and It's very interesting to share experiences and meet new people. I hope I will have the opportunity to meet you the next meetup. What do you do in Brussels? I work as consultant for an engineering company.

(Moderated: Expat.com is not a dating website)

Hi all.

Next friday The Answer is playing in Brussels, they are quite good rock band.

Anyone wants to join?

We can see the show and afterwards go for some drinks.

Cheers!
David Romero.

It seems interesting... where do they play?

For anyone interested, The Answer are playing at Magasin 4, 51 B avenue du port, 1000 Bruxelles.

http://www.magasin4.be/

I'd be going to see them myself if I wasn't working this friday evening, they're a pretty decent band live. ;)

Hi everyone…hope you are well…

I thought I would try to organise another get together for us so let me know if you are available this Saturday (4th Feb) to meet up in town.
I thought we could meet in a bar called Mappa Mundo which is on rue du pont de la carpe 2-6, place St-Gery (very near Bourse/O'Reilly's where we met the last time) at 6pm for drinks then if you would like we could go for dinner at one of the restaurants nearby.  There is one called Au Lotus Thai quite near but I think I would have to reserve a table for us so it depends how organised we want to be…let me know what you guys think…I'm equally happy to just meet up for drinks as we can always stagger into McDonalds like last time! ;)

I hope those of you who went to The Answer on Friday had a good time!

Let me know your thoughts about Saturday…
Katie

Hello Katie,

I am also new in Brussels. I could not join you for the previous get together but I would very much like to join you for this one as I am kind of lonely in Brussels.

hope to see you all on 4th of February,
ana

I'll be giving the 4th February meet-up a miss, I have other commitments for that saturday evening.

I hope everyone attending has a good time! :D

I'm in , it would be nice to see you guys again and meet new people.

Kevin and I are in! Would love to see you all again and meet the others. :)

Hello everyone.

I just came over this site and was very excited to find a community of non- Dutch speaking people.

I'm from Norway, and moved here about half year ago. I don't really know a lot of people here yet, except for my boyfriends friends, so it would be very nice to get to know some people here. I haven't learned dutch yet, which makes me pretty helpless here in West Vlaanderen where we live :P

I couldn't see anything about any gatherings elsewhere than Brussels, but in this tiny country nothing is far away :p

Kristin =)

Kevin and I are planning on meeting at Mappa Mundo on Saturday at 6pm. Let me know if anything changes. Hope everyone is staying warm this week. :) See you all soon!

Kristiin, hope you can make the journey out on Saturday.

I don't know any of you guys, but I'd spontaneously join in! I'll be at the Mappa Mundo around 6! How do I recognize you all?

Hey anamaria, miroel, meghan & kevin, kristin and flowtec!
Looks like there will be 7 or 8 of us meeting up at Mappa Mundo tomorrow night (hopefully this weather will get a bit better by then!)...
To the guys who havn't met up before don't worry about recognising us...we all look very like our pictures on here so just keep an eye out and we shall do the same for people looking a bit 'lost'!! :)
If it makes it a bit easier I will wear a purple scarf so you can keep an eye out!
Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Katie :D

A friend of mine who recently came to Brussels will join us too - you should recognize us since we are both very tall :). See you all tomorrow!

Hi

How long will you be staying there.  Me and a friend will be in town around 8.  It would be great to meet you all if you are still there

That sounds nice. Wish I could have joined you guys. I'm usually busy Saturdays. =(

Hope your'e having a great time! =)

A big thanks to all those who showed up at mappa mundo hopefully we will do it again so we can get the chance to meet the others. Hey susanna we stayed at mappa until around 10,30. Hopefully you can be at the next meeting.

Hi! I am also new in Brussels and would like to join next time :)

Good morning to you all. Hope that you will enjoy this sunny cold day. It is very nice outside.

Kind regards.

Hi Guys,

Long time ago I was here! If you have any plans for the upcoming weekends please let me know. :cool:

xxx
Steve

Hi I am Laura. I am 24 years old and I am a newcomer in Brussels :) So I am looking for a new friends here ;) If there will be a meeting, I would like to join you ;) Maybe someone have a plan for Valentine's Day?

HY,,i am chery from Indonesia and i am new here..may be there's something we can share, like advantages information about belgium ;)

Hi petitcheri,

We are a research company in Antwerp and we are still looking for expats from Asia.
It's for a groupe session of 3 hours (18u30-21u30) and you will get 125 euro payed for your time and participate.
I don't know if you are interested?

Kind Regards
Nadia 03/440 51 00

Hello everyone!

Sorry for not being in touch sooner about organising another get together for us!  I have been travelling for the past couple of weeks and go away again on Friday!
I thought I would suggest a meet up on Friday 2nd March… How about drinks at 7.30pm in a bar called Roy d'Espagne which is in Grand Place?
Hopefully Friday is a good day for everyone, I thought I would switch from a Saturday so those who are normally busy on Saturdays have a chance to attend one of our meetings!
Again, a fairly casual ‘come and go as you please' arrangement, there are plenty of places to eat around for those that want to.
Next time I will perhaps organise a sit down dinner if any of you would be interested.
Let me know if you can make it so I have an idea of numbers.

Invitation open to all as always!

Katie :D

Hi everybody. I've just discovered the forum. I've moved to Brussels recently for working reasons and I am now looking for opportunities to meeting people and seeing new faces. If there is a gathering soon, I'll be delighted to join.

Anton

Hi, I am Sandra and I would love to join the 2nd of march! Looking forward to meeting you!