How to make friends in Brussels

Well - this was a fun night ;)

It was GREAT night!!!  A big thanks to all those who could make it last night I was amazed at the turnout on such short notice, it was nice seeing all of you and it was nice meeting all the new ones too, to the ones who couldn't make it hope to see you on the next meetings!!!!

take care everybody!!!

I also had a great time... good old McDonalds saves the day once again!  It's like the drinkers magnet :D  Big thanks to Miroel for organising the night :) , great seeing everyone and looking forward to the next time!

We had a great time too! It was really nice to see everyone again, and meet the new faces. Hope everyone has a good week, and enjoys their Sunday! :)

Yup, very enjoyable evening. I will definitely come again. See you all next time :)

Hello! I'm a portuguese nurse thinking about going to Belgium. I'll be going by myself, leaving family and friends behind.
Is it hard to make friends?
Are Belgians nice to people that are from abroad?

if you're looking to make international friends then it won't be hard since we have meetings every other week to meet old friends and meet new ones.

Miroelsilent585 wrote:

if you're looking to make international friends then it won't be hard since we have meetings every other week to meet old friends and meet new ones.

What about national friends?
Are they friendly?

Well.... we don't have any national friends in our group,belgians in general are nice but again it depends were you go and whom you meet.

Miroelsilent585 wrote:

Well.... we don't have any national friends in our group,belgians in general are nice but again it depends were you go and whom you meet.

Right now I only know that they want nurses to the Flemish part of Belgium. They offer courses of the Dutch before we leave Portugal.
I'm trying to have as many information as I can before making a decision that will affect my whole life...

Yeah... I also read post too late :(

Hello Everybody,

I'm new here and in Brussel (I arrived 2 months ago) and I'd like to meet some people.

I'm Franch comming from Nice.

Why not going to Place Lux next thursday? :S

I'd like to do that. But I might have a job day on that day! (waiting for an answer)

Place Lux, you mean place du Luxembourg?

Can we do that another day?

Place du Luxembourg is the place to go on thursday afternoon and if it is sunny is crowded :D

HI Miroelsilent585,

Miroelsilent585 wrote:

I don't know but isn't it with every Nationalities? You know very well that it's not easy to meet people in real life here but don't ask me why! If you want to meet people from Belgium or other countries than you have to do an effort! Almost everybody here live in Europe and in a city with a lot of people from all over the world so if everybody is a little bit open minded and not always thinking that everybody is a criminal than Brussels is a much better place to live. 

So don't blame the Belgians... :( I'm a Belgian and I have a normal social life and a very busy job so I'm not different from other Belgians or Germans or French people...

so is there a get-together happening soon? Saturday perhaps?

Hey EBP,

no one is blaming the belgians for anything, all i was trying to say that since this is an Expat.com you will hardly find any Belgians on the website, the reason being they are not expats!!! that being said we do welcome all kind of people to come and meet us, we know it's hard to take the first step but once you do you'll see how much fun you will have by meeting a diverse group of people.
You are more than welcome to come to our next meeting and be the first belgian in our group.

Spidkin, what's happening on thurday's Place du Luxembourg? I'm so curious.

I hope I can go to that job day, but if i'm not asked to I'll be free. The only thing is that I might not know before wednesday afternoon.

Maybe we can do it next thurday instead?

hey garfielder,

we haven't decided if we're going to meet this weekend but if you  want to propose something please be our guest!

hi Miroelsilent585,

we should definitely do smth this weekend.

As far as I'm concerned, it can be the same place you guys went last time.

You think people would be up for it?

Take care bro.

I am in ;)

that's great Laura. :)

who else?

Sorry, this wekend I can't, I'm off to Nice.

Have fun!

I would be in this weekend as well..

me too, does anyone like to suggest someplace or do you guys wanna meet again at mappa mundo?

I will try to meet you guys this week!

I've never been to Mappa Mundo... wouldn't mind going there to check it out. But of course, if someone has another place in mind, I'm OK with it, too.

;)

probably i'll join too

friday? around 7,30? is it ok for everybody!!!

sounds good to me.

:)

hey,

Voila... :-) This thread is something I was looking for from last 1 month.
I come from India and in Brussels from last one month and this time have been very very hectic (all the belgian processes) and lonely... 

I hope to meet you guys and make some new friends... :-)

Cheers!!!

ok!just where?

mappa mundo

Hi guys,

I would like to join you lot again :)

See you all on Friday - I might be a bit late from work.

alright. see you all there.

How recognize you? :)

Laura_LTU wrote:

How recognize you? :)

Miro looks like on his picture.

Last time, everyone was up stairs or look for Ammar AKA Miroelsilent585. He is easy to spot :D.

I will be wearing a purple hoody and jeans.

hey everyone,

it was such a GREAT pleasure to meet you at Mappa Mundo.

I wanted to apologize for not being able to stay late....but I was exhausted from a long week at work ;S

i was glad to finally meet you all, and I hope we can soon meet again. You guys have my number, so feel free to write and keep in touch.

next time we should go to dinner or smth :)