Brussels Meetup March 14th!

Hey everyone!

Want the chance to meet each other over a drink? Possibly make some new friends?

I don't know how active this forum still is, so will be interesting to see if I get much of a response, but here is my idea...

Lets meet for some drinks Monday evening 14/03/2011 at 7pm at Cafe Belga in Place Flagey...

Confirm if you will come, as I don't want to be sitting there on my lonesome all night waiting for people to show!

:)

You might want to plan a smidge more in advance than 4 days notice.

Either way, sorry, not in Brussel. If anyone ever feels like coming to Antwerpen, feel free to let me know, I'd be happy to meet up.

Hi Kiwik, and welcome to Expat.com,

4 days notice is very short indeed !

Melby, maybe you should propose a very first Expat.com meet up in Antwerpen ? :)

Good point! I have changed the date :)

topic sticked ;)

Hey!
Just joined the blog, is the meeting on the 14th still on? Just arrived from Belfast to Brussels 4 days ago and really want to meet up with people and get a bit of social life going, lol
Anyone fancy coffee or something like that during the weekend, let me know!
Armelle:)

Its still on, you are the only one who has responded so far. So lets see what happens :)

Hey! I'm Christina, I am also interested in meeting some new people here. Moved in January from the UK and just moved into my flat near Louiza. I was in Belga last night for the first time with colleagues and it seemed like a nice place. I should be able to do the 14th :)

Julien wrote:

Melby, maybe you should propose a very first Expat.com meet up in Antwerpen ? :)

I'd consider it, but I think there's a lot less on here from Antwerpen than from Brussel.

Anybody else interested in coming out for a few drinks? :)

Hi!

I moved from Dublin to Brussels in November , and I would love to meet new people here! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on Monday - but let me know if there will be any other meet- ups :)

Alex

Yea yeah , sound good should meet up, i need to figure out how to get there first is it still on?
Cheers.
Ali

Hey,
Great idea.  I can't make this one but am interested so hope it goes well and there're are more to come!
J

For those who have said they'd like to come, just thought I'd better confirm...Will you still be coming?

I just don't want to be sitting there by myself waiting for people to show and then have no one turn up :p

If people are still keen I will have a piece of paper with a smiley face drawn on it sitting on the table...just so you know who to sit with ;)

Looking forward to meeting you...Cafe Belga, Place Flagey 7pm

IMPORTANT!!

I have had messages from people saying they cannot make it tonight after all but would like to meet up at some point, seeing as no one else has confirmed I think the best thing is to cancel tonight and reorganize for another night! (Monday night is probably not the best evening to do this I suppose).

I will try and organize another one soon!

Sorry!

Hi!
I also just arrived in Brussels!
Lets make a new date to meet up!

greetz,

Mary

Are these still going on? I live pretty close to Cafe Belga so that is nice for me. haha.

Hey guys,

See the forum for details of a new meetup posted for this Friday.
J

Hi All,

Just saw the post and would like to know if it's still alive? As just arrived in Belgium 4 weeks ago and looking for some new friends

Steve

Hey Steve! Welcome to Brussels :)

I just moved here from the US and would love to meet some new friends!

If you want to explore our new city, count me in!

- Bre

Hey Bre,

Thx for your post :). Would be great to get some guidance as Brussels is not Hamburg ;)

So whenever you'll have time to show a German Guy Brussels let me know :gloria

Steve