Mixed Marriage Process in Morocco

@dhirajbhudia

I heard that they release them again 2 weeks prior.  So I would check again.  Are you based in the UK?  Try contacting the consulate and find out when dates are opened upa gain.
@Vakil

Hi
Do you have to legalise all documents before you arrive in Morocco?  I am thinking of a birth certificate, divorce certificate and criminal record certificate?

I am based in the UK and planning to marry a Morrocan man.
@orchidblue
Hi,

Yes i am based in UK. i have emailed them now. was thinking to do online as a second option.
@dhirajbhudia unfortunately this happens a lot. Should book one and then keep checking until you find a sonner one. Check both cities. Then once you find a earlier date cancel the first one.

Must check everyday morning and late afternoon as you do get cancelled slots.

Regards

Arif

@Vakil I have all original documents. i got DBS certificate few days ago, do i need to notary  or legalised the DBS certificate, original passport certificate, and original birth certificate (not UK)

@dhirajbhudia

You only legalise once you have had them translated in morocco. And when I say legalise i mean because you have to have 4/5 copies of the entire file and all documents you will take it to a palce in Morocco who will legalise for 2Dh per documents. The same place where you fiancé would legalise just Local If card copy.

All orignal documents don't need to be legalised in the U.K. as they are orignal if you ask the court this questions they will always say yes for the sake of it. But when you just take the file completely they will accept so better not say anything to the courts.

From experience and also helping other that's my advise.

As I mention all info and guidance is in my published book on how to get married in morocco

Hope the info helps

Regards

Arif
@Nadia Kamra
Salaam okhti.. did you get  a apostille for the your letter of employment?

@Riz143 No my husband were asked apostille for his birth certificate and criminal record.

Hi.

I want ask, and I hope somebody can me help. I Latvian resident, I want married in Morocco. But it is problem I not have consulat in Morocco. I need certificat of capacity, I get all document just my country not legal and not give like this ceritficate of capacity. My country give just family status, and some document where write not legal give some other information about me. But this is not akcept for married. Need some document where say my country not give certificate of capacity. I many time call my coutry and say we not to do that.
Where i need go  and to do in Morocco akcept marriage? I am so bad situscion, no one not help, explayn. My fiance go to court, ask, but there not listen, just say not have capacity not married.
I hope somebody can me some solution give what to do.

@jess1406  thankyou so much for your detailed  explanation I am now going to start this process so your information  has helped a lot.

Vakil, does a DBS certificate work to your knowledge, or they require the actual police certificate...

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police-Certificates-Online

Ive always done the police cert for my docs as i didnt want to have any issues and be forced to wait for the police one.

P

@jess1406

Huge congratulations on your wedding marriage. May Allah bless both of you in your marriage. Also I Thank you so much for the time giving all the detailed informations. It's gonna be very helpful for the future to be married in Morocco.

Im a moroccan who married to an American citizen. our process was more complicated and more struggles a few years ago. but now i think is little easier

Hi,

I am British Citizen marrying a Moroccan girl next month. I have all the documents almost ready and appointment booked with British Consulate in Marrakech.

My question is, after all my English documents are translated into Arabic and we do 4-5 photocopies of each of mine and my fiancé's documents, do we need to get those photocopies legalised/notarised by a notary office in Morocco or it's only required for the documents that we need the originals back? Or it's not required at all?

Also, can someone please tell me how much roughly an Adoul charges to get people married in mix marriages? I heard from my fiancé that they charged them around 2000MAD to get her sister married but they were both local.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist here.

@MrLonelyUS The photocopies you make are reserved strictly for everyone except the court. The court will require the originals and official translations. Everyone else means the Adoul, your fiancée/fiancé, you and anybody else YOU wish to give the documents for record keeping, though I don't advise giving to anybody beside your spouse and Adoul. These photocopies do not require legalization. You will get an official Moroccan marriage license from the court after all the court proceedings are finished following submission and processing from the police. You take that to the Adoul who uses it to create your official marriage contract.

Adoul fees vary wildly. There really isn't a minimum figure or maximum figure. It's based on personal (whether good or bad) intentions. Some Adoul are men, some are women. Some are young, others are older. You have to do your due diligence and find the appropriate person. Even so, from what I have heard recently, like for example in Oujda, the Adoul takes on the responsibility of collecting and submitting your documents to the court on your behalf (but surprisingly won't go back to the court to get the final stamp) which increases the fee you owe them. It helps to make the process faster, but legally speaking, they aren't supposed to be doing that, but may be customary in some cities.

My wife and I paid only 100 MAD from an Adoul (his female secretary was also an Adoul) in Casablanca. Remember, you are legally required to have 2 Adoul present during the contract process. We went to the Adoul's office with my father-in-law and my parents and finished the marriage contract process. The Adoul then took that document to the court to get the final stamp before my wife and I picked up the document from the Adoul's office after a weekend because we got married close to the end of the week.

2000 MAD is A LOT. I've heard stories from people been charged between 1000 and 15,000 MAD, but one thing to note, usually if the fee is 4 or 5 figures, that means the Adoul is physically coming to wherever the marriage is taking place. You are compensating them for the travel expense and time spent. I advise avoiding this and just do it in the office with your in-laws and someone that can represent you as a witness (parents, friend, etc). You can arrange for a larger event with the family later on.

@NotBrandonSaad This is really helpful, specially the fee drama with different Adoul. I will defo keep that in mind.

I am still a little bit fuzzy about the final process i.e. once I have all the documents and photocopies etc, do we go to the family court or to our Adoul?

If you or someone on this forum can give a step-by-step of the final process until getting the marriage certificate, that would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

@Vakil

Hello,

I'm from India,i will come soon to morocco in sha allah.

Do i have to appostille all documents (pcc,birth certificate,Bachelorhood certificate, certificate of employement and bank statement and payslips)?

Thank You in advance

@MrLonelyUS so I have literally come back from casablanca yesterday having completed the process and I will try and give you as much information as possible.

All the documents need to be submitted including original English documents, all documents translated documents, partners original documents. You must make 4 sets of copies for all the documents, and at the end of the court process you will only be left with 1 set of copies which you will need to give to the adoul to prepare the marriage contract. Every piece of paper that is a Photocopy will need to be legalised at the local legalisation office before submitting to the courts.

After taking all your papers to the courts, and if all goes well the courts will give you an envelop to take to the police station. The police will then tell you to wait for a week or so while they send your paperwork to the police in rabat and get a decision from them. After around 5 days I went back to the police station and they told me that decision/permission from rabat has been recieved and they had sent this decision to the courts that very same day. We were then given a reference number and told to go back to the courts. On the same day we went back to the courts and was handed 2 pieces of papers which contained the permission, and once given this we were told to that we could now go to the adoul to draw up the marriage contract.

I hope this helps

@jess1406 hi jess did you move to Morocco or did your husband move to England?

@Khalid87 This is indeed very helpful Khalid. Hope all went well for you and congratulations if you already got married.

Just so I understand it correctly, once all our documents are ready and and photocopies legalised, we go to the family court first and then they give documents to give to the police?

After that police do their checks and send their decision to the court and then the court gives permission?

Once the permission is given, only then we go to the Adoul so he can get the marriage contract done?

Do I understand it correctly?

Also, is there a way to expedite the police process since I don't have many days to wait around.

Do you know if there is a way around?

@MrLonelyUS that is correct.

Forst thing you will do is give all your papers to the courts. Try to go to the courts as early as possible as then you will have the chance to go to the police the same day of you are done quickly at the courts.

The police will then send your paperwork to rabat for verification. They will then tell you to go to the courts to collect your permission after a Week or so. Only then and after you receive the permission will you be able to go to the adoul to draw up the marriage contract and get married.

The only way I found to try and speed up the process was by pleading to the police chief at the local police station and take a copy of your return ticket and tell them that you do not have much time left. The chief may be ble to help you by contacting rabat directly by phone and asking them to look at your file as a priority which was done in my case.

@Khalid87 You have no idea how much I appreciate your help and answers here and I hope they also help others who are in similar situation, many thanks!! 1f600.svg

@Khalid87 Hi Khalid, I have another question if you can help please?

If I am giving my employment letter which also states my annual gross salary, do I still need to give my 3 months salary slips or the employment letter is enough?

I was told by the translator that there was no need to provide any payslips if the employment letter states salary, but I still had 1 payslip translated and submitted.

@Khalid87 Thanks again Khalid, appreciated.

@Khalid87 I have another quick question as I am going to Morocco this week.

Do I need to get copy of my British Passport translated as well or is it considered translated when we get the Nationality Certificate document which British Embassy gives us translated?

Mixed marriage: one or both Moroccan parties have dual nationality (Moroccan nationality and nationality of the host country). This marriage must be celebrated in advance in the presence of the competent authorities of the country of residence in accordance with local legislation.

Hi , I am British citizens marrying a morrocan soon, I have all documents required.

howver I was born in pakistan and I am struggling to get a birth certificate from there and not sure what to do. Is there any way to bypass this?

@Moh17 hi , I'm just help a friend from UK to get married my cousin

From A to Z

I can help you

@Abidaro

i have messaged u privately

Why don't you go to the Moroccan Consulate to get this sorted?   A British person marrying a Moroccan (are you Muslim), if so, needs the Civil and Islamic marriage translated and certified in Arabic or French and notarized.   As for getting a birth certificate from Pakistan, it's not going to happen.  However, if you still have a Pakistani passport, even if cancelled, that should suffice.

I can help you get married Insha'Allah

I'm Australian living in Morocco and my husband is British but that doesn't matter, I needed a legal marriage to suffice the courts here and in England but we couldn't get it done here because of all the requirements etc.

The embassy doesn't help, they tell you to contact a notary or Adul and then they put you through the Moroccan hurdles of police reports and verifications of your documents, notarizing etc etc not to mention the multiple trips to rabat that will be required by you both at the same time within a certain number of days as all documents must be less than 3 months old

@jess1406

Hi ,

Thank you for taking the time for helping so many lost people.

Which clinic of Doctor did you use in Marakesh ?

@jess1406 the procedure is too long seriously, I am in love with a Moroccan and I want the bride of the future

A lot of you guys provide some good information.

@LichelleC Does the marriage partner need to be present for the consulate meeting too or can you go by yourself?

@aishahm Hi  Aisha.

Why did you not prepare some of this in advance. Translator and documents etc

Do you have to book the appointment at the consulates for months in advance or is their website glitched? I see 0 appointments available upto 9th March (no dates released after that date).

@Khalid87 @Vakil

Brothers,

May Allah SWT bless your marriage. I'm British citizen marrying Moroccan but my birth certificate is from other country. Pls advise:

1) what are the documents required? I know police record, 3 months salary slips, date of birth certificate, divorce certificate. Any others?

2) what are the documents required to Apostille?

3) how many days I need to take leave from work - how many days it takes from start to end of marriage process?

4) No apointment available for many months in UK embassy Morocco, what to do?

5) any more advice?

thanks in advance

Does the fiance need to be present for the trip to the british consulate (for the marriage affirmation) or can you go by yourself and take their passport/id number with you?

@sheikhazad2 Asalaamualaykum, there are appointment times available in Rabat for the 14th March right now brother. I've just booked one appointment but there are 4 spaces left There are probably some for marrakech too but I didn't check that one.