Islamic marriage

I want to marry in Morocco by Islamic marriage. I do not want to go through the court process.
In Islam, there are four conditions to marriage between two Muslims: 1) Acceptance of both parties, 2) A Weli for the female like father or brother to consent to the marriage, 3) two male witnesses, 4) Mehar or dowry
If these conditions are met then that marriage is legal in Islam.
My question is how me and my future wife can get an Islamic marriage in Morocco? In some countries you go to a local mosque ( even in UK) with the Weli of the girl/woman, two male witnesses and the marriage is done in less than an hour.  It is even possible that the local imam comes to your home and the marriage is done in your home.
Is there similar procedure in Morocco?
Thanks
Alisharif

In Morocco the legal marriage and the nikkah are done as one. What you are suggesting is not what is done in Morocco, generally speaking, because people want their children to be able to get passports, be registered, be able to claim inheritance, not get divorced and have children provided for, be able to send children school, get birth certificates for children, stop dodgy men having a bit of fun then vanishing and many more reasons. Also it's against Moroccan law so the local imam wouldn't agree and would also wonder why you don't want to do things according to the law their. Your marriage also won't be recognised abroad (visa/ passport)

Just do the hounerable thing and get married legally. I could not understand why a woman would except not doing it legally in Morocco unless she plans to just take the dowry……

Yes we no what the requirements in Islam are but now there is lots of situations where we need passports, birth certificates, proof of marriage. It might be a quick short cut now but it will give you lots of problems in the future. One example you couldn't even stay in a hotel in Morocco with out a marriage certificate

Thanks Goldkhalifa
Much appreicated

Goldkhalifa
Just out of interest, do you have difinitive information on this matter?
It is difficult to understand why Islamic marriage can not be done in a Muslim country when it can be done in UK, US, Germany and many other non muslim countries.
I know marriage through the court system but I am not really interested to go through that hazzle as we will be moving to Kenya. Also I do not need a marriage certificate for my wife to immigrate to Kenya.

Alisharif wrote:

Goldkhalifa
Just out of interest, do you have difinitive information on this matter?
It is difficult to understand why Islamic marriage can not be done in a Muslim country when it can be done in UK, US, Germany and many other non muslim countries.
I know marriage through the court system but I am not really interested to go through that hazzle as we will be moving to Kenya. Also I do not need a marriage certificate for my wife to immigrate to Kenya.

As I said Islamic marriage and legal marriage are one in Morocco. It's a Muslim country and their law requires you to have the marriage registered. Is the woman you want to marry Moroccan? What does her dad think about having a ‘Fatia marriage' as it's known as in Morocco ? What about any children from the marriage? It will cause big problems for them getting inheritance, nationality and a Moroccan passport.

Maybe the hazzle of being married will be too much for you too? It's only a case of providing a few papers and a few interviews. Are you already married or got a criminal record that's stopping you abiding by their law?

Hi,

I just wanted to ask was you able to marry in Morocco without all the legal process

In morocco living with the opposite gender under the same roof requires being legally married. In the case where ur living together without a proper civic marriage u r kids will not be recognised by law n u might face charges of prostitution.

I have a bit of an issue and will have to do my nikkah before my registry which is booked for a week after so I wanted to know if I can have a islamic marriage beforehand

Sk___ wrote:

I have a bit of an issue and will have to do my nikkah before my registry which is booked for a week after so I wanted to know if I can have a islamic marriage beforehand

Hi in morocco the legal process is the Nikkah. It's not like the western world where you can go to masjid get imam to do the Nikkah and then register it after.

In Morocco the entire process has to be done which is classed as the Nikkah and registers together.

No comment

Hi can I please have ur phone number just wanted to ask few details about moroco marriege personal plz if u don't mind

@Goldkhalifa

salaam,

i am form UK and will be doing fatiha soon inshallah in Morocco. Can you tell me how to actually legalise the Nikkah?

Do i book the appointment with the british embassy in Rabat?

Also do i have to do this before applying for fiancé visa or can i do it later?

look forward to your reply. Thank you.

@Mohammed Uddin

@Mohammed Uddin

hi Mohammed. There is a process to get married in any country legally. Especially for foreigners.

The process requires a list of documents both locally and form your place of residency.

if you were to apply for a fiancé visa to take her to the U.K. to get married as she is not U.K. resident she would still have a complex process to follow even in the U.K. and a simple Islamic marriage is not legally recognised in The U.K. and Morocco.

you would still have to go though the process at some stage to be legally married otherwise the U.K. would deem it as a civil partnership only and in Morocco you would not be deemed as married.

i have sent you a private message also.

regards

arif

What if we already got legally married elsewhere like the US. But want to have our islamic marriage done in Morroco with his family? Can we do this? Will an Iman do our nikkah for us if we already have done the legal marriage elsewhere?

@Kayklepper638 do not do it. If there a breakdown in the relationship you will be in his mercy to divorce you or not plus getting a divorce in Morocco is a nightmare. if the USA marriage is not enough for him than you probably not enough for him. small ceremony or a party for the family is what most people do but not a legal marriage in morocco.

Good luck

I'm not seeking a legal marriage in Morroco nor do i need it in morocco.... I'm legally civally married to him already in America so noooo im fully covered in case of a divorce and any divorce would have to be done in america even if we did considering our cival legal marriage was done in America...

I'm simply asking if an Iman would do our islamic nikkah contract/ceremony while visiting family in Morroco...this being my request and desire as a Muslim woman myself. Has nothing to do with what he wants lol. Try answering my inquiry and not assuming my situation please :) I never once mentioned or asked about legal marriage in Morroco. I don't need it...I'm legally married to him Already thru America. We just want to have our Nikkah in Morroco while with his family. That's all I'm inquiring about

I'm legally civally married to him already in
I'm simply asking if an Iman would do our islamic nikkah contract/ceremony while visiting family in Morroco...this being my request and desire as a Muslim woman myself.

-@Kayklepper638

I can't speak for the country in question, more for Muslims in general.

I don't think I could find an imam that would refuse your request to perfect your marriage in the eyes of the Almighty.

@Fred thank you. I agree also. Only reason I have trouble being sure is due to that Morrocos marriage process is all in one. They do legal cival process and then nikkah together. So your nikkah is done after the legal process is done there. And for some reason keep seeing that most Iman won't even bother doing just nikkah only anymore and make everyone go thru courts. But don't see how that would be needed if we are already legally married elsewhere. I'm hoping we just need to have proof of cival marriage and that would be sufficient for An Iman in Morroco to agree to do our Nikkah for us. As it's very important for us both to be married islamically as well. Not just married in the governments eyes. Even tho we would need that for legal steps for any visas we file for. Being bound religiously is a must for us both as well and we very much want his family in Morroco to enjoy the ceremony with us. So hopefully Morroco doesn't give us to much hassle or make us jump they legal hoops we don't need just to have our nikkah done.