Marrying a moroccan girl

Friends,

I am talking to a Moroccan girl from last one year almost. Now I am going to meet her.

I know that she has given me a lot of time and never asked for anything. She has introduced me to her family on video and she says that lets meet atleast once before we marry. However I don't know whether I am doing right or wrong. I am going to morocco to meet her. I am confised...Please advise should I go or not...

Why dont you Come n see for yourself, if nothing atleast u will hve great holidays i am sure. Is there anything stopping you? I am sure you didnt ask anyone when you starting to talk to her why the worry now? Good luck.

Yes go and meet her and her family. I found the Moroccan women our very family oriented and make good wives and bring up the children well. Pray istikara. You have been talking for a long time now so it's not good to drag out your decisions to marry. I met my wife for first time in 2012, I went to Morrocco from uk with all the paper work and completed the marriage whilst there. Any questions please ask and be aware this site has a lot of people who like to talk bad about Moroccan women and marriage. You shouldn't make your decisions on someone's bad or good experience!

Thanks buddy..!!

Goldkhalifa, thanks for the information. I liked the word you used "Pray istikara", seriously that is the best way to find a proper match! :)

I think you should meet her first

Assalamu alykum akhi, wanted some advice regarding marrying a women in morocco. جزاك الله خير

i judge Moroccan ladies as excellent.... they are so sweet and caring. No matter what anyone might have heard about them, it's nothing but flower of lies and devil's dandruff !

I am also going to marry with my moroccan life partner. She will come in Pakistan and we will get marry InshaALLAH.

Hi How did u meet her I also like to marry a Morocco girl I am Catholic person is it possible to marry?

flickERRR wrote:

Hi How did u meet her I also like to marry a Morocco girl I am Catholic person is it possible to marry?

You can't marry a Muslim woman if you are Catholic

Oh so sad, religion is doesn't matter to me.

There are few Christians and Jews in Morocco. Chirsitians were estimated to be around 25,000 whereas Jews to be  2,500. You may try your luck because 99.9% of the population are Muslims and it's quite difficult to break the jinx of marrying a Moroccan Muslim woman. But nothing is impossible - either you convert or she converts or you find someone that shares the same faith with you.

Thanks your reply :)

Mixed marriage (marriage between non-Moroccan and Moroccan) is a drawn out procedure in Morrocco where you need approval from the police and family court. It's against Moroccan law for a non-Muslim man to marry a Moroccan Muslim woman. It would be difficult to get around this and so called converting to get married is not likely to work as the police will question the man about his religion. Muslim woman can't marry non-Muslim men , it's not a valid marriage in Islam. Maybe have a good look into Islam and see what you find

Oh sure bro thank you for ur suggestion :)

i hope you will find all you wish when you meet your Moroccan girl....i guess meeting her is important step to get much knowledge and to be able to find how much common things you both got.....but i guess you will like Morocco so much because it is one of a good rich culture so i'm sure you will find always the best to get a Moroccan wife .

Salams Brother,

I am planning to Marry morocco National. Plesse advice me if I need following documents.

1) Certificate of no impediment
2) Crimal record do I have to get from Agro?
3) How to get Documents from Embassy in Rabat?

Please advice me.

Imran

If religion does not matter to you then if you get to know a woman of another religion, you should consider converting. There are people in Malaysia who converted from other religions to Islam because found their husband or wife who is a Muslim.

Goldkhalifa wrote:

Yes go and meet her and her family. I found the Moroccan women our very family oriented and make good wives and bring up the children well. Pray istikara. You have been talking for a long time now so it's not good to drag out your decisions to marry. I met my wife for first time in 2012, I went to Morrocco from uk with all the paper work and completed the marriage whilst there. Any questions please ask and be aware this site has a lot of people who like to talk bad about Moroccan women and marriage. You shouldn't make your decisions on someone's bad or good experience!

Salam. I am British national living in the UK and planning on marrying a Morrocan woman soon. I have met her twice (including her family). I have already obtained the document that declares I am Muslim and also the Medical certificate. I have my original birth certificate and a ACRO police check, both of which I will get legalised soon.

My question is about the documents required for Employment What exactly do I need and do I need them legalised and certified by solicitor? I can get a letter from my employer and also last three months of payslip. I this enough?

Also is my original birth certificate enough? I read somewhere that you needed an 'updated' one?

Would be grateful for any advice!

sayfur85 wrote:
Goldkhalifa wrote:

Salam. I am British national living in the UK and planning on marrying a Morrocan woman soon. I have met her twice (including her family). I have already obtained the document that declares I am Muslim and also the Medical certificate. I have my original birth certificate and a ACRO police check, both of which I will get legalised soon.

My question is about the documents required for Employment What exactly do I need and do I need them legalised and certified by solicitor? I can get a letter from my employer and also last three months of payslip. I this enough?

Also is my original birth certificate enough? I read somewhere that you needed an 'updated' one?

Would be grateful for any advice!

Wa Alaykum salaam

Letter from your employer should be fine, you will get it translated and certified in Morocco. I'm sure three months pay slips are enough but take more if you have them. Original birth certificate should be fine too, is it the one that lists your parents? Probably worth getting the one that lists your parents if not

Thank you. I will check my birth certificates, but yes, I think they have my parents names listed. So for the employer letter, I don't need this legalised in the UK?

I didn't get anything legalised in the uk, everything needed to be translated/certified in Morocco. I think it will still be the same now

Thank you. Hmm, that's odd, I was told that I needed to get an apostille for my birth certificate, police record and employment letter in the UK. I also needed the employment letter to be certified by a solicitor in the UK. I assume the apostille is the legalising process I am referring to. It also mentions this on the following website:

www.moroccanconsulate.org.uk/en/Marriages.html

If you don't mind me asking, when did you get married and where did you get your documents legalised and translated?

if you are an Indian expat in Saudi Arabia then you must be a Muslim religion to be accept by both
governments  Saudi and Moroccan . According to a broad consensus religiously sterile, a Muslim woman is formally forbidden to marry a non-Muslim man regardless of his religion, while a Muslim man is allowed to get married to a non Muslim woman, mainly a Christian or a Jew, considered by the Islamic schools as “People of the Book”.

if you are Muslim , Bring a wife to Saudia is very expensive that you will to make more at least 20K Riyas per month ( $5000 per month )  to be able to support her.

Greetings 4uor4me,

I know your post was published long ago, but I have just read it.

I was raised in Christianity and have not practiced it for many, many years. However, I always tried to live and act as I believed God would want me to do.

In this way, I have been "one who follows God's will." Is this not the definition of what makes someone a "Muslim?"

So, the conversion from lost soul to one of the Islamic Faith is not really that far of a stretch for me.

And, as a man who not only fears but also respects Allah, the One and Only, I have no other choice but to become a Muslim and live accordingly to provide the type of life my beloved is now living under her parents' roof.

And, if blessed with children, yet not converted, I would never be able to look into my Beloved's eyes again without feeling a deep shame. A shame borne from a sin that I took such a fine and previous stone from her solid setting only to allow it to become tarnished and never again seen for the value it has because I would not honor the One True God, Allah, by a simple, but not necessarily easy conversion to Islam.

Just as I vow my life to Allah, I also will swear to my Beloved's devout father my devotion to his daughter and to her family until death.

Without that first step of conversion, I do not see how he would ever approve of a man like me to wed such a fine daughter such as his. I already know I am not worthy of this most wonderful woman, but I will do everything I can to show her and her family their approval of me and allowing me to join their family was not a mistake. Anything less would dishonor not only her family, but also dishonor me.

sayfur85 wrote:

Thank you. Hmm, that's odd, I was told that I needed to get an apostille for my birth certificate, police record and employment letter in the UK. I also needed the employment letter to be certified by a solicitor in the UK. I assume the apostille is the legalising process I am referring to. It also mentions this on the following website:

www.moroccanconsulate.org.uk/en/Marriages.html

If you don't mind me asking, when did you get married and where did you get your documents legalised and translated?

I would follow the advise on the website. I got all my documents translated in Rabat, I'm sure you will have to do the same because everything needs to be translated/certified in Morocco to Arabic. I don't know anything about getting the documents certified in the uk, that is a new thing which you have to do so get that done before you go.

I can't help but cringe reading this entire discussion.

It is pretty insane to assume that "Moroccan" or women from anywhere are all the same.  Regardless if you think they are sweet or sneaky.

I know many Moroccan women and sorry guys they are not all the same.  Nope they don't all roll over like submissive servants that cook, clean and make babies.

If anything you might be referring to ones of lower economic status desperate to find husband.

Life if Moroccan is greatly different for women from different socioeconomic groups. 

Things there are changing pretty fast in my opinion for the better.

In 3 generations in my husband's family women went from being uneducated, marrying in mid teenage years ( my mother in law for example) to all having university level education and marrying in their mid 20s.

My nieces are bright, very educatrd, strong willed and remind me of typical western teenagers in many ways.

If anyone assumes that all women or men  from anywhere are all the same in temperament I really must question their level of experience with people of the opposite sex.

Curious to know if he actually got married?

Also "girl" refers to be female child.  I am going to assume he meant woman.  Girls and boys don't usually get married ... but men and women do.

I don't get the idea of converting for the sake of marriage.  I think it is kind of hypocritical and somewhat dishonest.

I did not convert to Islam when marrying my husband and have no intention to.  It would be an insult to my family.  I don't think his values and his family traditions or any better or worse then the ones I was raised with.  I nor my family never pressured my husband to convert to being Catholic or Christian. 

I personally think flipping religions for the sake of marriage is a sign of weak character.   If you choose to marry someone how dared to ask them to change their core identity. 

That is one of the most annoying thing I find about Moroccans living in Morocco.  They are so limited in everyday exposure to people of different religions and cultures that they don't seem to usually get how offensive it is to suggest that their religion and culture is a better way to be.
There are certain people in my husband's family that do this and I have learned to get creative in my responses .... ex sarcastically stating I am actually considering becoming Hindu as Diwali sounds interesting.
Getting my Moroccan husband adjusted to living a very multicultural Toronto Canada has been comical.  15 years later I am still reminding  he " He can't say certain things daily".  I give him informal political correctness lessons daily.

I do understand that men need to convert to get married their but if someone is so willing to change their belief system to marry someone what does that say about how their respect their our family and traditions?

Hello, thank you for your interesting post, I have been conversing, texting a lady from Morocco, I was introduced to her by her sisters' husband, who was my workmate. I have just started to research the procedures that are needed to get married and would like to get the most up to date status on rules and regulations. Anything you could tell me would be appreciated and respectfully considered.

Hi friends,

I am from Afghanistan currently living in Canada. It will take a year until i will get my Permanent Residency. My girlfriend is Moroccan living in Morocco and we trying to get married. Please i need some information.

I am Canadian.
If you are not a permanent resident in Canada.
How are you planning to get to Morocco to get married?

Also if you are just applying for your permanent resident status in a year is it safe to assume you are in Canada as a refuge?  It could take 1 to 2 years to get that status card in your hand.  Before that point how are you going to be able to travel to Morocco to get married?

Also the entre process of getting married in Morooco require loads of paper work, police clearance documents etc and medical tests it takes time and money.  So how are you going to pay for it and have the tone to stay 2 to 4 weeks in Morocco to get this done?

Also If you plan on sponsoring here currently you need an annual income of $24 000 possible more.

Also is could take 6 months to 1 or 2 for her to get approved.  They can also say no.

The interview at the embassy is brual. 

Also If she gets approved once she entered Canada even it she leaves you at the airport if she goes to any government agency for help any time in those 3 year the government will give her the help and make to legally responsible to pay for it.

If you have any criminal charges you are not allowed to sponsor anyone.

So in reality this is going to take a lot of time and money so male sure you know what you sign up for.

Also fro my experiences Moroccan women and their families don't put their hands in their pockets to pay for this stuff.  They are going to expect you to pay.  Plus you need to give her a certain amount if money or something of equivalent value as part of the marriage ask.

Are both of you really going to be willing to wait 2 to 3 years to be together and avoid the temptation of other people.

As a woman especially asking her to refrain from other potential suitors for that amount of time  is a big deal.  So you better not be wasting her time.

Thanks Urbanshopping101. Appreciate your response.
A travel document allows me to travel there. And i have already applied for permanent residency about 6 months ago.

Are the required documents for marriage prepared in morocco? Or can i prepare them here?

MohammedR,

There is lots of stuff you need to get your marriage act in Morocco.

Check the consulate of Morocco's website.  Also get your future wife to find out in her city as well.

I got married a long time ago ex 15 years ago.    So little details could have changed and I don't want you to miss out on any details because it is a long and expensive trip so you can't afford to forget anything.

Also once married and filing to try to sponsor her DO NOT waste your time asking a lawyer or paying someone to fill out the application.  You can do it yourself and just follow the instructions carefully.  Save your money.  Try to meet some Moroccan people in Toronto that can advise you.  There is also the Toronto Moroccan Association.

Again this is a huge challenge .... you are going to have to wait a few years at least to get her here so make sure you are both 100% committed. 

Good luck.

Hy guys. I am Assad from Pakistan I am Muslim. I am talking to a Moroccan girl from last one month. I don't have idea about Morocco before. So if anyone have idea about Morocco and to marry with a Moroccan girl.. Please share your experience and information. Thanks

Hi brother this is Shoiab living in London, I have indefinite leave to remain, I'm planning to marry in Morocco , but guide me what documents would be required?