British marrying a Moroccan

Hi,

I am a British female student. My partner is a Moroccan man.

We are engaged, looking to be married around April.

At the moment, we are aware of certain types of documents required to be married, such as passport, four passport-sized photos, criminal record, certificate stating you are single. However, we are not 100% certain on everything we need and finding information can be difficult. I was hoping to find others like me, and hear your experiences with marrying abroad and hear your advice. The more information, the better. :)

Also, we are planning to get married in Rabat.

Thank you

Hi Safia,

There are many threads and comments detailing the process on this forum. Take a look at the pinned thread - Mixed marriage process in Morocco.

You should check with your embassy, as they have all of that information for you.

Hi
Just doing the nikah process

-British embassy in Rabat and Marrakech
If your closer to marrekech book it in marrakech and legalise these documents in agadir less stress and it’s done within 5/10 mins but wait is 1-2 hours
-morocco police check
You don’t need to go Rabat
Go online on moroccan justice fill in the application form for criminal check and upload a photo and request it to the court in which city you are in
Saves you the headache travelling to Rabat
Rest are easy steps just need translating

Hi
Just doing the nikah process

-British embassy in Rabat and Marrakech
If your closer to marrekech book it in marrakech and legalise these documents in agadir less stress and it’s done within 5/10 mins but wait is 1-2 hours
-morocco police check
You don’t need to go Rabat
Go online on moroccan justice fill in the application form for criminal check and upload a photo and request it to the court in which city you are in
Saves you the headache travelling to Rabat
Rest are easy steps just need translating