British marrying a Moroccan

Hi,

I am a British female student. My partner is a Moroccan man.

We are engaged, looking to be married around April.

At the moment, we are aware of certain types of documents required to be married, such as passport, four passport-sized photos, criminal record, certificate stating you are single. However, we are not 100% certain on everything we need and finding information can be difficult. I was hoping to find others like me, and hear your experiences with marrying abroad and hear your advice. The more information, the better. :)

Also, we are planning to get married in Rabat.

Thank you

Hi Safia,

There are many threads and comments detailing the process on this forum. Take a look at the pinned thread - Mixed marriage process in Morocco.

You should check with your embassy, as they have all of that information for you.

Hi
Just doing the nikah process

-British embassy in Rabat and Marrakech
If your closer to marrekech book it in marrakech and legalise these documents in agadir less stress and it's done within 5/10 mins but wait is 1-2 hours
-morocco police check
You don't need to go Rabat
Go online on moroccan justice fill in the application form for criminal check and upload a photo and request it to the court in which city you are in
Saves you the headache travelling to Rabat
Rest are easy steps just need translating

Hi
Just doing the nikah process

-British embassy in Rabat and Marrakech
If your closer to marrekech book it in marrakech and legalise these documents in agadir less stress and it's done within 5/10 mins but wait is 1-2 hours
-morocco police check
You don't need to go Rabat
Go online on moroccan justice fill in the application form for criminal check and upload a photo and request it to the court in which city you are in
Saves you the headache travelling to Rabat
Rest are easy steps just need translating

What is the website that i can request onlain police check from Morocco and how long does it take to receive the certificate. Thanks

I married a moroccan National in 2015 im british i should be able to help

What is the coas of the nikkah i mean with all the payments overall Thanks

Really hahaha it depends on your budget it's  whatever you are willing to spend
But the minimum can be as low as € 100 depending on wjo you are also marrying  hahaha up to € few hundred thousands to even millions .....
Congrats ...

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following question:

I am from the UK planning on marrying in Morocco

Do I need to get my documents legalised in the UK?
Then have them translated in Morocco?

I think the documents that need to be legalised in UK are:
Birth Certificate
ACRO Police Check

Also once translated in Morocco does the arabic version need to be legalised?

I also want to know that

As far as I am now aware you need to get your ACRO Police Check and Birth Certificate (issued in last 3 months) legalised in the UK and then just have them translated in Morocco.

Which documents need to be legalised in UK i know for sure that Acro police check needs to be legalised ,what about the payslips,the letter of employment and the others documents

Hi
I married a Moroccan on October 8th, 2019.

Morocco will only apostille documents that have been obtained in Morocco. They will not apostille documents that have been issued in any other country.

Did you apostile the payslips, letter from employer or only the Acro police check,thank you

Hi,

From the UK you need to apostile from gov.uk website your Birth Cert and Police Check

Nothing else, work letter and payslips only need to be translated in Morocco

Hi all

I only have the original 2 part birth certificate . Will that be sufficient , how is that legalised .. does it need to be through the . Gov website ?

Secondly does the ACRO need to be legalised or is that just extra precaution.

Reading on other threads it's not mentioned elsewhere regarding a British resident marrying a Moroccan lady having to legalise the documents in the uk

Who checks whether they are legalised in Morocco ? And secondly if they are not legalised how far will you get with the marriage process in Morocco ?

Be good to hear back from the chaps that have been to Morocco recently ?

As long as it's your original Birth Cert it will be ok.. and yes via the go.uk site fco services

ACRO Police Check does need legalising too

You won't get very far as all your English documents need translating into Arabic and they wont if these two are not legalised.

£30 per document, small price to pay

Thank you the last link to some Fco website on here suggested it was a fake site

This is the link I found - is this the correct link

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

Yes its correct

Quick question. I understand the need to book an appointment  with the British embassy in Rabat , however I have read there is need to also visit the ministry of foreign affairs too , do you need an advance appointment with them months in advance too ?

And secondly do you have to visit the ministry of justice to pick up a clean Moroccan criminal record for a uk citizen marrying a Moroccan lady ? And do you need a pre booked appointment ?

Thank you

Brother could you drop me a private message I would love your advice please and thanks

Hello,

I'm Moroccan and my fiancé is Biritsh, he lives in France and we would like to get married in Morocco. Could you please help us by providing information about the marriage process in Morocco, I saw a lot of articles in the internet but I believe getting help from someone in the same situation and who got married recently will be more helpful.

Thank you so much.

Hi i won't marry a Morocco girl wot do I do I am from England

Alhamdulillah,  better for you

You want or you won't?

What?

I am British female wanting to marry a Moroccan national this summer. I am gathering all my documents in UK before I go there, not in Morocco.

I have applied for the ACRO police check
I have applied for my full birth certificate

Do I now need to write an Affidavit of my martial status > have the document certified > sent for Apostille > translated? ( or is it in a different order?)

Do I need my passport certified and apostilled also?

Which documents are to be translated?

Could anyone advise on a time frame for all of this and write to me EXACTLY what they applied for, when, where to and how they eventually married - if you did all your documents in the UK... Or if I must do any documentation work in Morocco.

Thank you so much

Dear Ruby, i am an indian and got married Moroccan woman, you need documents translate in Arabic or french as they demanded,  you will need police certificate from where you are living, marriage capecity certificate, passport copy and page  immigration stamp as well, salary or income certificate,  you need to be attested marriage capacity certificate from your country , police and salary certificate do not need attestation. Before you come just check you embassy website i am sure they have some information. When you come you will need certificate that you are muslim or convert into muslim it is very easy to get it depands on city.

Thank you!

Would I need the certificate of no impediment?

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad/y/mo … posite_sex

I read here that I can swear an affidavit in the embassy in Morocco?

Do I need CNI from UK?

Hi. CNI has been replaced with the affidavit which is issued by the British embassy in Rabat and the consulate office in Marrakech.

You will need to book the appointment in advance as there is a long waiting list can takes months to get an appointment. All other documents if you have prepared them are only valid for 3 months so you need to try and make the appointment on the embassy website first and plan the other documents around that to prevent them from expiring.

Ruby Ouahou wrote:

I am British female wanting to marry a Moroccan national this summer. I am gathering all my documents in UK before I go there, not in Morocco.

I have applied for the ACRO police check
I have applied for my full birth certificate

Do I now need to write an Affidavit of my martial status > have the document certified > sent for Apostille > translated? ( or is it in a different order?)

Do I need my passport certified and apostilled also?

Which documents are to be translated?

Could anyone advise on a time frame for all of this and write to me EXACTLY what they applied for, when, where to and how they eventually married - if you did all your documents in the UK... Or if I must do any documentation work in Morocco.

Thank you so much

Affadatuve and passport verification documents can only be issued and only recognised by morocco if done at the British embassy usually in Morocco.

It's takes less than a hour however the appointment with the embassy can sometimes takes months. So you need to book this on the embassy website in advance.

It's better to do it in rabat as the two documents they give must also be legalised with the Minstry in Rabat. Try to book an early appointment so that you can get everything done in one day.

The document given by the embassy is in French and the Minstry in rabat wil legalise it. However all other documents you have needs to be in Arabic.

Medical report in morocco can be done very simply with any doctor.

Police record in Morocco can either be applied for in rabat or online and it's usually ready within a few days for collection.

Letter from employment also required

Copies of the passport entry page when you entered morocco also needed

birth certificate

More info can be shown in the British embassy website.
You will also require police interview around 3 if I recall correctly. Once in morocco once submitted all documents. Each one will give you a letter that you can't open and tell you the next steps once that's all done the final letter is issued by the courts and judges with acceptance or rejection. As long as you don't have any criminal records then it's usually granted within a few days after which you can then officially get married.

Thank you soooo much for all this information!

Ruby Ouahou wrote:

Thank you soooo much for all this information!

Your more than welcome. Any further help needed don't hesitate to ask or private message should you want to. Wishing you the best of luck.

Hi there, I'm a British Citizen looking to marry my fiancé in August... Just sorting out the paperwork and this is puzzling me a bit... I understand all the paperwork required for marriage etc however, along with our official documents and copy which is apostled, do we need 5 other official copies or we can use photocopies of the apostled copy to give to the other offices and this will be sufficient? Obviously we will take the original too.
I'm seeing in other forums it's best to make up 5 sets of paperwork to give to different offices etc... do all these need to be the official copy or can it be photocopies of the apostled documents? Will be taking originals too!

If anyone could kindly advise, this would be very much appreciated!!!

Look forward to hearing from someone (hopefully) soon!

Lionessx wrote:

Hi there, I'm a British Citizen looking to marry my fiancé in August... Just sorting out the paperwork and this is puzzling me a bit... I understand all the paperwork required for marriage etc however, along with our official documents and copy which is apostled, do we need 5 other official copies or we can use photocopies of the apostled copy to give to the other offices and this will be sufficient? Obviously we will take the original too.
I'm seeing in other forums it's best to make up 5 sets of paperwork to give to different offices etc... do all these need to be the official copy or can it be photocopies of the apostled documents? Will be taking originals too!

If anyone could kindly advise, this would be very much appreciated!!!

Look forward to hearing from someone (hopefully) soon!

Hi firstly congratulations,

Thankfully you can make photo copies and then get them legalised in Morocco your fiancé will now where to do this. Same as legalising a copy of his National ID the same place will also
Legalise you're documents. Please remember everything should also be in Arabic. But legalise English and Arabic copies.

However if your translating documents in Morocco ask the translator to
Provide more than one copy as they do not need to be legalised as they would be deemed as original.

Hope this helps.

hi there i need some help i am engaged in Morocco and in a man and i want to go back to Morocco and get married i just want to know that my fiancee told me that i need to show pay slips but im not working due to health reasons and im receiving  personal independence payment do i have to show them the 3 months of payments instead employment pay slips can someone help me please.

Good morning

Who is asking for wage slips and what for? PIP is not classed as earnings and you need to be careful when disclosing this.

thank you for your reply but what i mean is when i go and take all the paper work with me i have to take all the documents translated in to arabic and after when i get the affidavit from british embassy in rabat then i need to go marriage place and submit all the papers but i have been told that i have to show them payslips how  can i show them that if im not working because i get pip and my lawyer told me that i can bring my fiancee here to uk with pip thats why i was confused