Mixed Marriage Process in Morocco

Yeah there is alot of problems. But if you know a little of people who would help you. It will the best for you.

Maybe someone from your family or your country is a hustler. You must not generalize the idiots who are being blamed for

Hello, I have a question about employment letter.
I can't get it legalized in my country (Estonia) and in Morocco there's no representatives of Estonia.
Does this paper need to be legalized or translation is enough?
Thank you!

I think maybe you need Apostil stamp on it before coming to Morocco. If you are also preparing documents on your country for getting married in Morocco be sure to make Apostil also for other for birth certificate.

Apostille stamp for birth divorce and police checks.  No Apostille for employment letter.  It is not a government document and it can be created by anyone and no way for anyone to verify it.  It's a formality.  Check stubs are more important.

Mrmonk Thank you for the update 🙏

Hi magic, please can I join the WhatsApp group as I believe this will be very helpful to me. Many thanks

Hello I was born in London but I am Moroccan and I am getting married to Moroccan girl I have Moroccan id card I brought some papers that I have never been married in my life but people are telling that if it goes more than 3 months the date then you have to re do it from the beginning can you help me please

Yeah actually documents has 3 months of validity. I think you can call embassy and ask if can provide you with the required document. We went through same process . Good luck

Does anyone residing in Morocco understand the changes of Law 55.19? Does this new law affect marriage between Moroccan citizens and Foreigners?

According to the new website, Idarati (which replaced the Public Service Portal of Morocco), the aim of the new law is to make administrative services easy and efficient, for citizens and foreigners alike.

The Idarati website launched just yesterday so, the IT team hasn't transferred all of the information from the older Public Services Portal to the new website yet. A lot of content is missing, especially in terms of Marriage. I will keep updating the website to find out the new information.

But if anyone that is local knows the details from other sources, please reply back. Thanks.

....... .........

Do you have the url for the website you mentioned?

https://www.mmsp.gov.ma/fr/decline.aspx?m=6&r=338

Idarati.ma

before you talk and give advices ask the firts law person  and will give you all informtion in Morocco never  can say you to pay him
give me what is your problem I am  real estate
Take care

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the entire information pertaining to the subject, Wish you a blessed and prosperous married life in Morocco.

As a courtesy: Be very careful in sharing personal secrets with your husband and inlaw family for the first few months and study all due safety measures to be evacuated safely in the event of any dispute.

Mix culture marriages are a slow speed marathon race to develop an understanding towards with different cultures and values between the couple, therefore, full knowledge of the law, religion, culture, and caste must be knowledged to be decisive for brining new lives with certain aim.

Rabat – The number of divorce cases in Casablanca exploded in 2020 as families weathered the economic and personal consequences of COVID-19. Restrictive measures and tight lockdowns meant families were in close contact like never before, likely prompting the surge in cases.

King Mohammed VI's Prosecutor Malika Achkoura announced that the local judiciary had been able to decide on 99.3% of consensual cases, avoiding a backlog amid the spike in the number of cases.

A large swath of the divorce cases were proposed by mutual consent of both spouses, which helped expedite cases. Local courts chose to provide specific “divorce contracts” to facilitate the speedy processing of cases where both spouses agreed to end their marriage. The contracts set predetermined alimony, custody and housing allotments which sped up the process.

In 2019, roughly half of all divorce cases in Casablanca had been requested by mutual consent. That number rose significantly, with a remarkable 97% of divorces in 2020 stemming from consensual agreements to sever ties between spouses. Local courts had managed to process 65% of all cases, settling more than 10,000 disputes between former marriage partners.

Royal prosecutor Achkoura attributed the remarkable change to the availability of an expedite process for consensual divorce cases that was instituted because of the COVID-19 epidemic that heavily hit the Casablanca region.

During the region's lockdowns and quarantine efforts, the courts continued to collaborate in order to prevent cases from pilling up.

Unfortunately COVID-19 restrictions also led to an increase in domestic abuse worldwide. In Casablanca this resulted in 50 divorce cases due to physical abuse, two cases of financial neglect and 101 cases where the husband had abandoned his family. Another remarkable statistic showed that 268 marriages were dissolved before they were consummated.

Your's faithfully
Ronnie KR

Is this the mixed marriage contract the same as a marriage certificate that will be required by US immigration officials? Any chance you can share copy of what yours looks like?

Yes

All these marriage process post are so frustrating , ladies & gents better to be single and live a happy life,

Seriously ! just save the money and energy, start travelling around the world

hello jess !
i wanted to ask you please about the religion paper , does my foreigner fiancé need to convert to islam or just he need to state his religion and certify that paper .
looking forward hearing your responce .

thank u

hello jess !
i wanted to ask you please about the religion paper , does my foreigner fiancé need to convert to islam or just he need to state his religion and certify that paper .

Loverosie wrote:

hello jess !

Hi Jess. If your partner is not Muslim then he can get the Islamic certificate from Morocco. By asking him
To accept Islam as his religion and signing the certificate.

I'm presuming your both are living in Morocco and not Muslim are are Muslim?

As the rules to marry two foreigner are not the same as mixed marriages (one Moroccan and one foreigner)

@Jsinghwalker

The mixed marriage contract actually has higher standing than a standard marriage contract because you are getting the document via your Embassy. The courts/adouls will know the validity once you show them.

@Loverosie

Jess wrote this post over five years ago, if you see the original date, I don't think she even comes to this website anymore. You should address your questions to anybody who is watching this thread. That is why I started another thread to provide an up-to-date process.

I don't want to assume anything, but if you are living in Morocco (resident or citizen) and not Muslim, your foreign fiance does not need to convert. Just get your normal documents for marriage (go to the family court or an adoul, or any local immigration office for assistance).

If you are a Muslim, and your foreign fiance is not Muslim, he MUST convert either prior to arrival or after arrival through a mosque to get a certificate. He has to also get that document notarized by an authorized person. The benefit of doing conversion in Morocco is that you don't need to translate the document into Arabic because it will be in Arabic.

If conversion takes place before arrival, the document has to be notarized before coming and translated in English and notarized again in Morocco. The first notarization is to prove the document is real and the original certificate from the original country. The second notarization in Morocco after the document has been translated is for the Moroccan authorities. Your foreign fiance can avoid this headache and high cost by converting in Morocco and getting that Arabic document notarized. It's also cheaper to do this these steps in Morocco.

Also, an important caveat for anybody reading... In the USA and UK, the Government uses the word Apostille for document authentication or certification. Apostille are government recognized authorities that provide authentication or certification of documents. The state government in the USA and local government in the UK can do this.

In Canada, Apostille doesn't exist. Local documents can be certified or 'notarized' by Provincial recognized professionals like Engineers and Doctors, but Engineers and Doctors cannot authenticate or certify for international governments. Documents that will be shown to international countries have to be notarized by notary public, which are authorized and licensed. Notary publics are usually agencies run by lawyers and paralegals.

@Notbrandonsaad

Hey,
I think I'm in the same situation as you buddy.

Do all translated documents have to be notarized?
And what if you're a university student, is the proof of employment a must?

I hope things go smoothly for you man

Hi there, I'm a British Citizen looking to marry my fiancé in August... Just sorting out the paperwork and this is puzzling me a bit... I understand all the paperwork required for marriage etc however, along with our official documents and copy which is apostled, do we need 5 other official copies or we can use photocopies of the apostled copy to give to the other offices and this will be sufficient? Obviously we will take the original too.
I'm seeing in other forums it's best to make up 5 sets of paperwork to give to different offices etc... do all these need to be the official copy or can it be photocopies of the apostled documents? Will be taking originals too!

If anyone could kindly advise, this would be very much appreciated!!!

Look forward to hearing from someone (hopefully) soon!

?????? ???????27 wrote:

@Notbrandonsaad

Hey,
I think I'm in the same situation as you buddy.

Do all translated documents have to be notarized?
And what if you're a university student, is the proof of employment a must?

I hope things go smoothly for you man

If the translated document is done within morocco at an officially approved transolator then they do not need to be notarised.

However make sure you ask for more than one copy otherwise any photocopy you make would have to be legalised.

As far as student goes you need to show you have a way to support and can afford to get married etc.

Hey guys i hope you are well. can anyone enlighten me about some questions i have about the mixed marriage procedure in Morocco as im getting a bit confused :
- My fiancé's employment letter has no stamp on it as the company sends those letters through email, so does it need an apostille or is it fine just translated in Morocco.
- are ACRO and the birth certificate the only document that need apostille?
- Is the birth certificate needed the one we get from the Gov website for 11 pounds ?
- Does he need proof of Islam even though he is muslim and his name is Mohammad?

Again sorry to take up your time and i hope you can help.

Jihane

Hi sully,
is it possible to apostille the letter of employment and payslips? I've heard that only government documents can be apostilled?
Thank you for your response

Hi there, does anyone know if it matters how much your earnings are when your are required to show your payslips in Morocco. Also do the copies of your certificate need to be legalised also?

Jihanef wrote:

Hey guys i hope you are well. can anyone enlighten me about some questions i have about the mixed marriage procedure in Morocco as im getting a bit confused :
- My fiancé's employment letter has no stamp on it as the company sends those letters through email, so does it need an apostille or is it fine just translated in Morocco.
- are ACRO and the birth certificate the only document that need apostille?
- Is the birth certificate needed the one we get from the Gov website for 11 pounds ?
- Does he need proof of Islam even though he is muslim and his name is Mohammad?

Again sorry to take up your time and i hope you can help.

Jihane

Hi firstly congratulations

Birth certificate should be original copy can be ordered from the gov or the correct department in your country. That then translated to Arabic any copies should be then legalised in morocco as a authentic copy.

All documents that you obtain in morocco from the embassy they will be stamped then need to be legalised by the Minstry in rabat to be recognised.

Poof of Islam most likely won?t be needed if his name is Mohammed but please check with the marriage courts in Morocco for the most up to date info.

Please dm me if you need more help or clarity

Jihanef wrote:

Hi sully,
is it possible to apostille the letter of employment and payslips? I've heard that only government documents can be apostilled?
Thank you for your response

No need to for work letters and payslips.

Just need to Transalator to Arabic that?s all.

nasirahmed108 wrote:

Hi there, does anyone know if it matters how much your earnings are when your are required to show your payslips in Morocco. Also do the copies of your certificate need to be legalised also?

Have dm you.

However you need to show enough to be able to support you and your partner.

Hi, this is Shahid,  most important document marriage capacity certificate and must be attested opostile, bith  and nationality ask embassy in Morocco can provide, salary certificate if come from europe, uk and usa no need stamp because they do not have pratice any more but if his company from gulf, asia and africa yes stamp needed but no need opostile. You will need police NOC , Ministry of justice Rabat will issue the letter you can apply online and collection center you can choose which city you are living ( you must ask your city  office the issue the letter ) i choosed Rabat and went for collection it is easy. Muslim certificate you can make from your city it is easy. All document must be in Arabic but you can ask concern department they can accept in France or not. If you want more easy you can give sweet. I hope you understand.

Thank you very much :)

Does anyone know if your certificates have to be legalised in the uk or not. I've heard mixed responses, some people saying you don't need to and others saying that it has to be done through the FCO, or that it can't be done by any apostle. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if the British consulate is open during the Eid festival days? I have an appointment booked on the 22nd of this month and wondering if the festivities will cause any issues.

Moi je suis Moitié Allemande et moitié marocaine. Je cherche un sérieux partenaire de vie européen qui veut vivre au maroc oublient qui vit déjà au maroc. Car je compte vivre au maroc.

British cosulate or visa and application center?

British consulate Is open on the 22nd however the embassy will reconfirm the appointment before the appointment date so please keep checking your emails.

According to the embassy website it states they are closed 19-20* (Eid is most likely 21) therefore 22nd should be open according to there website. You can check on opening hours on the british embassy rabat website to get reconfirmation.

https://www.gov.uk/world/organisations/ … in-contact

Hope this helps

1.Would anyone know whether a marriage certificate issued in the U.K. (British husband & Moroccan wife) can be converted to Moroccan marriage certificate by the court? Worth noting I'm not talking about translating the U.K. document to Darija.
2.Also, how necessary is it to convert or have a Moroccan marriage certificate?
It's this because me and my wife have no issue with our U.K. certificate whilst here in Morocco or when travelling, for example last year (July) when travelling into Morocco our U.K. cert was accepted as a family purpose of entry.