Mixed Marriage Process in Morocco

Thank you.

If anyone else can give me any more information, it would be much appreciated.

Tried calling the Moroccan Consulate in London but no one answers the phone, very annoying.

I just need to know if we need any appointment in Rabat or is it a walk in service?

They never answer anyone in any country haha , as per everyone's experience it's just walk in so relax.

I am Europenion and living inUK inshaallah i will mary in Morocco this November but they ask for certificate of residence.  From where i can get that is it official document or no. Thanks

Hi Jess, congratulations on your successful marriage and the process you have explained so well.
I really appreciate that.
I was wondering how important it is that you are to be employed?
I mean in England?
Also, have you both moved back to England or stayed in Morocco.?
Andrea Tointon

I have a question if anyone can help:

Do I need to get my UK documents legalised in the UK?
And then have them translated in Morocco?

From what I have read, documents to be legalised:
Birth Certificate
ACRO Police Check

As per morocco  law ,they need all documents attested by your Embessy in Rabat, and am sure perhaps that Uk embessy in Rabat will only legalize them when they see UK stamps on them. This is based on my knowledge however I don't know much about Uk procedures, as per translation is concerned just get them translated in Morocco- Arabic or French

But if a put appostile and legalize the acro police check do i need to go to Beitish embassy in Rabat because i am not British i live in UK but i am Europenion  but still they are asking me for acro police check from my country and from my country of residence

What I did was got all my documents attested from my country of residence where I work , then go to my embessy in Rabat got all documents attested - because without Rabat stamp of our embessy they morocco govt don't recognize any documents. Get capacity of marriage document attested by foreign  affairs.

I'm a US citizen marrying a Moroccan man. Do I need to bring any employment records? We will be living in Morocco. My problem being that I haven't been employed in several years.

Isn't there an American embassy in Casablanca?

In order to get married in Morocco you have to have proof of income. So if you have not been working, you need to prove that you have some kind of monthly income.

Yes. There is a US embassy in Casablanca, Morocco.

My fiancé is working and will be my future source of support.  I don't plan to live or work anywhere else in the future.

Can we use the US embassy in Casablanca or do we still need to go to Rabat?

I was told that if I wanted to marry a Moroccan  in Morocco that I, a US citizen would have to prove that I have my own monthly income.

Okay. No problem.
At least I can say that my fiancé isn't marrying me for the money. And he doesn't want to come to the US ever. He's been here before and has a brother here, so it's not that either.

Hi muzzy

I thinking married a Moroccan girl in Casablanca. I was wondering what docs I need to sort things out. Also how long does the process take?

Thanks

Salam alaykum everyone,i was wondering if my uk driving license can be my proof of adress,are the moroccan gonna accept that?

Hi,

I noticed you have mentioned you have recently married in Morocco and was wondering if you explain your process/experience, apologies if you have already posted this.

I am due to marry there in April, I have read through a lot of the posts some being quite old and there seems to be a lot of confusion and no clear process, I will be in Morocco for 4 weeks and ideally would like the marriage to be complete within this time frame.

Some of my questions are -
Which professional exactly is it that we would need to translate my documents?
Can we arrange any of the appointments before I arrive?

Thank you

Muzzykhan wrote:

For everyone asking about translating documents to Arabic

ALL THE REQUIRED Documents NEEDs to be translated in ARABIC or you can't marry her or him and will be
There is no option around it

Hi,

I noticed you have mentioned you have recently married in Morocco and was wondering if you explain your process/experience, apologies if you have already posted this.

I am due to marry there in April, I have read through a lot of the posts some being quite old and there seems to be a lot of confusion and no clear process, I will be in Morocco for 4 weeks and ideally would like the marriage to be complete within this time frame.

Some of my questions are -
Which professional exactly is it that we would need to translate my documents?
Can we arrange any of the appointments before I arrive?

Thank you

Hello,

Thanks for a very useful thread full of information.
I too am God willing getting married to a beautiful Moroccan lady soon.
The first question that stumped me:
On the Certificate of No Impediment, do I need to give the exact address where the marriage will take place, or can I just put the city?
The local registry office wasn't very helpful they didn't have a clue.

Many thanks

Are you from the UK?

If so, you do not need a certificate of no impediment

Thanks very much for replying so quickly. The Moroccan embassy website lists it, are you sure its not needed?

https://www.moroccanconsulate.org.uk/en/Marriages.html

I think the Morrocan govenment webiste lists it too, just under a different description:

Certificate of capacity to contract marriage issued by the Embassy or Consulate of the country of the foreign fiancé, certified true copy by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;

http://www.service-public.ma/en/web/gue … edure=5521

Please read this link: UK GOV website

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-an … g-marriage

Thanks very much. That could be useful if this oath certificate is quicker to obtain than a certificate of no impediment.
I would have to go to Morocco to get it I guess.

Yes you will need to book an appointment on the GOV.UK website for the Embassy in Rabat which will need legalising in Rabat or you can do it in the British Consulate in Marrakech then have it legalised in Agadir

Thanks, much appreciated!
Seems a lot less hassle than Certificate of no Impediment from a UK registry office.

Well you need another document from there anyway which has replaced the certificate of nationality from the UK

Thanks very much!
If I get the certificate of nationality from the UK is that still accepted? Or is it better to just get the new one from UK embassy in Rabat?

Needs to come from BE in Rabat

I can't thank you enough!
I would have wasted time and money getting the UK nationality certificate

Do you know where i can get a certificate of nationality, I am Irish and I'm still in Ireland. I need to get a certificate of nationality and i cannot find it anywhere.

Has anyone married recently that can give a clear view on what is needed?

Sorry one more question.
For the medical certificate, is it absolutely necessary that I get this from a Moroccan doctor?
Will they accept a certificate from a UK doctor?

Many thanks

From Morocco only

The DR will send you to a Lab with a slip of what tests are required they will take your blood and the next day provide you with the results: eg positive or negative.

I am also from America. What do I need to prepare while I am still here? My boyfriend is from Algeria not Morocco. Will we have issues getting martied? I have a job in Morocco I am starting in January 2020. He will be coming from Algeria. Thanks

1) birth certificate
2) proof of employment
3) ACRO police record
4) up to date payslips for last 3 months (maybe)
5) Divorce certificate if applicable
(YOU MAY NEED TO HAVE THEM APOSTILLED BUT THAT'S NOT ALWAYS THE CASE BUT IF YOU DECIDE TO APOSTILLE THEM YOU'LL HAVE TO DO THAT BEFORE YOU'RE IN MOROCCO. MOROCCO CAN ONLY APOSTILLE DOCUMENTS OBTAINED IN THAT COUNTRY)

DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO OBTAIN WHILE THERE:
1 & 2) Capacity of marriage from consulate in Rabat or Marrakech). They will need your passport and give you a certificate of identity which you will then take to the Morrocan authorities to have it apostilled. If your visiting the consulate in Rabat you can get it apostilled in Rabat. If it is Marrakech then you can have it apostilled in Agadir.
3) declaration of faith in Islam if you're a man.
4)police report from Morocco
5)Medical certificate
6) police interview

Visit the mahkama(Court) for confirmation

I'm not 100% sure about Algerians getting married in Morocco but I know some one from Mauritania and he was required to submit all of the documents.

Sounds like similar situation in Tunisia. Thanks

Sorry another question. This is all so confusing.
So I get my UK papers, and send them here to get them apostilled (certified copies)
https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

But do they have to translate them into Arabic and apostille it in Arabic, or do they copy them in English, then I get the copies translated?

Thanks