Mixed Marriage Process in Morocco

Guys some advice before marrying thr woman please take your time to know them well.

Currently I am going through a lot of difficulty as after the marriage process her behaviour has changed.

May Allah make it easy on me.

If she's wanting you to rushbit don't! Get to know her and get to know her family.

I am jot saying mine is a sham wedding rather I've got to know the side of her I didn't see before the marriage.

Also make sure to discuss all financial things prior. There shouldn't be any surprises from them and have witnesses and have things written down. This could be what the Mahr will be, what Nafaqa (money she may expect kinthky to support her). And other such things.

Be ateong but again don't abuse the women. Moroccan women are very different, strong willed and their culture makes them look like they're ruthless. It's just how many of them behave unfortunately but not all of them.

Please heed my advice and end of the day if they can't wait for yiu to get to know them, then know this person never wanted to get to know you in the first placem

You should always know a person better before jumping into a marriage, no matter what the religion says, no matter where you live.

Who marries someone right after 1 month has a big risk, everywhere in the world but especially here in Morocco were even the families smile in your face before the marriage procedure is done.

No matter if you marry a man or a woman!

And families here usually only accept a foreigner or a Moroccan from abroad if he has some money and can "support" them as well, not only their child. But they don't have limits, they don't know when they need to stop asking and expecting more and more. A general problem here in Morocco.

But you're right, tell the person you marry that you would like to have a second marriage contract next to the Aduls one to write everything important down, also about future kids. This is a normal procedure these days in the western world and shouldn't be a problem if there is real love and honesty. If they start a drama of not trusting them etc. let it go. If not, you can loose a lot of money, your kids, pay for the entire family problems and much more, because it's expected and the Moroccan spouse can usually not stand the families pressure. The family will usually always win.

On top of that you always need to argue and protect yourself which can be very exhausting, especially if you know things are going wrong ways. You're always the bad and selfish one.

I have married my husband after living 4 years here on my own to learn about traditions and culture and another 2 years with him, no matter what any Islamic rule was telling us. I needed to know the person, which was much more important for me and him also. And I also knew about all the problems his family has but I also saw that he doesn't support them for being lazy and demanding so much as well.

But most relationships and marriages I know have huge issues about money and family. Find someone who has a good job, who doesn't need your money and comes from a better educated family. Being pretty or handsome doesn't mean the person has a correct working mind. Especially here.

@Rondainmarrakesch bless you.

Atm all issues are money related.

Also person behavoir changed after the wedding.

Bow the person sort of disappeared. Not sure how people can be so cold hearted especially if they're married to someone.

Brilliant posts and its made me aware of the money aspect and indeed the family aspect, im glad i joined this site and thank you all for answering others posts that make us all aware

@glennpr yw, trust me ain't worth the headache.

@jess1406 many congratulations first of all, I pray you both have success and happiness.  Overall he long did it take for you to get the marriage certificate. 

Secondly once you were done with Rabat, can you not go to the city of your spouse to complete the marriage process if they have family courts,.police station and etc. 

Many thanks in advance

@Nodandsmile4bb     hi you state the police check should be with in 30 days ? is that from the date you give all documents to the courts ? i thought all documents  could be with in 3 months of when you submit them, also my fiance told me we need to get my uk douments  apostiled before i go to morocco.

@mcginley85 if you are talking about the police interview that happens after your adoul submits your documents to the court to request marriage approval, this information may help:

After you or your adoul has submitted your file and made the request for Moroccan Mixed Marriage at the family court the court will begin to process your file. Part of that process is to gather further documentation which includes a police report. To obtain the police report you will be requested by the court to visit the local police station for an interview with the police for mixed marriage in Morocco.

After your file has been submitted to the court to begin the process for finalizing your mixed marriage in Morocco the court will provide you or your adoul with a letter which you will take to the local police station to book an interview.

The court usually issue this letter of request for police interview 2 or 3 days after you or your adoul submitted the file to the court requesting marriage.

The quickest way to get this letter to take to the police station is to visit the court yourself and ask the office if it's ready. They will either provide it to you or will advise when you should come back to the court to pick it up.

Once you have obtained this letter you go directly to the local police station and ask to make an appointment for your police interview.

Please note that not everything is universal in Morocco when it comes to getting married. Your adoul will advise you of how to obtain the letter needed to take with you to the police if it is any different from what we have described here.

The police will submit this report back to the court and then judge will be able to process all the documents in your file and approve the marriage.

Your adoul is notified of the approval of marriage and will contact you to visit his office to finalize the marriage and sign the contract.

@mcginley85 The following original documents you are bringing from the UK do not require Apostille. They are already legal certified original documents issued by the UK. 

- Certified copy of your original Birth certificate obtained from https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-dea … ertificate

- ACRO Police Certificate obtained from https://www.acro.police.uk/

The ACRO Police Certificate and Letter of Employment must not be older then 3 months at the time of submitting it to the adoul for marriage in Morocco.

@MarriageInMorocco you say the ACRO police check does not need to be Apostilled. what about the DBS? i understand that the DBS (issued by www.gov.uk) is acceptable. does that need to be Apostilled?

Is there a deadline for the ACRO? Do you have to use it within a certain time frame? Or is valid as long as you you have the affidavit from embassy you can continue on with the adoul. Or does it have to be valid for 3 months when the adoul receives it

ACRo is not required basic DBS is acceptable in morocco.

birth certificate orignal is acceptable or a copy from the registry comes certified already and does not need to be certified again.

m the law is clear in Morocco and people are advised to ask the family court for clarity in there documents.

Allow the person to contact the family court in Morocco free of charge to get the clarity on their documents as it's done at the discretion of the local family court.

ACRo police is for immigration status for other countries when permanently moving there but not required for Morocco for marriage more residency.

@Vakil You may have misunderstood. I am not providing incorrect information. I would not post a reply if I was not certain of something. 

The UK Birth certified copy obtained from https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-dea … ertificate does not need any additional authentication. This applies not only to my personal experience but also to over 50 UK citizens we have assisted in Morocco with their marriage documentation..

Regarding the ACRO Police Certificate and DBS, they are distinct certificates with slight differences. While you may have had a satisfactory experience with the DBS certificate, when we initially began assisting couples, we shared the same belief.

However, we discovered that several adouls, who were accustomed to the ACRO Police Certificate due to its inclusion of a person's photograph, requested it instead of the DBS Certificate.

This is because the ACRO Police Certificate provides information on all convictions, including spent ones.

To ensure a seamless process for individuals getting married in Morocco, we always recommend opting for the ACRO Police Certificate. It not only saves time and prevents headaches but also proves worthwhile given the intricacies of Moroccan bureaucracy, with an additional cost of £20.

Furthermore, it's important to note that the DBS check is primarily intended for use by UK employers and is not typically intended for international purposes.

Additionally, when it comes to US citizens planning to get married in Morocco, it's important to note that they cannot obtain a local police record or any other type of national police check.

Instead, they are required to obtain the FBI Rap Sheet, which serves both immigration purposes worldwide and marriage purposes in Morocco.

The same principle applies to all other countries, where individuals need to obtain a national police record that can be used internationally.

For instance, in the Netherlands, another popular destination for citizens marrying Moroccans based on our experience, when applying for the VOG (Criminal Record), there are different types available. The application specifically includes a question regarding the purpose of the record, specifically asking if it is intended for international use and the correct certificate will be issued.

@Ha Gu60 The ACRO Police Certificate must be no older than 3 months when you submit it to the adoul. It is important to ensure that it is within the 3-month timeframe to avoid any complications.

However, in saying that, in Morocco, while there are "rules" in place, the final decision regarding the acceptance of your documents lies with your adoul before they are submitted to the court.

In a previous case with a couple getting married here, there was an instance where a criminal record was a week past its expiration date. The adoul, who had closer connections to the court, was informed about this and managed to have it accepted despite being past the 3-month limit.

It is crucial to understand that this exception was a rare occurrence made by a specific adoul, and it cannot be expected that other adouls will have the ability to make similar exceptions.

However, you can get your partner to enquire with the adoul you are working with and do this before you come to Morocco if you are facing a similar situation and need advice.

To be on the safe side I highly recommend you ensure your ACRO Police Certificate and Letter of employment are dated no older then 3 months at the time of submitting them to the adoul.

@MarriageInMorocco I concur, I was personally told this by the adoul.

@zahrita hey zahrita did u get married if yes please can I get in touch with I'm also Moroccan and I will get married to an American man and the process seems long and I want every information that can help us to not waste time

Can anyone who has completed a mixed marriage process confirm how much money in total it costs to prepare all the paperwork (not including any travel costs to and fro to different offices). I mean the actual costs of all the different fees and translations from English into arabic for certificates.

@jess1406

Hi Jess,

Just quick question.

Uk citizen Acro police check is that enough?

As you mention  Police check from Morocco – Ministry of Justice (Rabat) this for Uk citizen again or the Morrocan partner?

Can anyone please inform me on what documents need to be apostled? Or certified?

@Nodandsmile4bb

hi so could you please explain to me what documents need an apostle and which just need to be certified?

@djam004 Both need it, the foreign partner from the UK and Morocco and the Moroccan partner from Morocco.

Can anyone please inform me on what documents need to be apostled? Or certified?    -@didi1998

apostled and traduccion