Mixed Marriage Process in Morocco

Once you have them legalised in the UK (Police check and birth certificate) you only need to have them translated in Morocco and not legalised.

Can anyone help... is it an ACRO police certificate needed or a DBS certificate?

ACRO

Thank you! Also where do I apply for a certificate of no impediment stating I am not married? I believe this needs to be legalised too?

You do not need this from the UK anymore. You need to book an appointment at the British Embassy in Rabat to get a capacity to marry certificate and nationality certificate.

Ahhh ok I see. I was going off the Moroccan consulate website as it states you need this.

Can anyone advise if I am correct in thinking all the documents need to be dated within 3 months prior to the marriage? If so how does this apply with the birth certificate?

Correct but not birth certificate

magic2019 thank you for all your help! Final question! How long before the marriage should I book any appointments? Up to 3 months before?

Yes 3 months. You need to keep checking for a date on the govuk site for the British embassy appointment which is the main one.

Thanks! That's great. I was wondering how the Foreign Office was going to translate the documents into Arabic :)

Hi Jess

You dont know how useful this information is for people like myself who are in the same boat :)

Thank you

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how long the embassy in Rabat take to confirm appointments? I requested an appointment 3 working days ago.

Thanks

They are useless you have to chase them up. I waited 10 days then sent them a chasing email only then did they confirm the appointment.

Ahhh! Thanks so much! Do you have an email address or can you direct me on where I can find this. Thank you.

Yes,email
Consular.Replies[at]fco.gov.uk

Hi can anyone help?

I plan to get married in Morocco and have gatheted all my documents i need to take from the UK.

Do any of the documents i take from the UK have to be apostille stamped?

I'm getting mixed messages and want to clarify.

Thank you

Ferdous

Hi
Im from the uk and I will be getting married in morocco next month
I have gathered all the documents to take and also have made an appointment in Rabat with the Britsh Embassy.
However there are a few things im still unsure of and would appreciate some clarification.

Does the following need legalising (apostille) here in the UK ?
1.Certificate of no impediment
2.Arco police certificate
3.Official birth certificate

Also my will my proof of employment letter along with payslips need translating?
I have some slight errors on my payslips regarding my annual salary but I dont know if this will be an issue because my proof of employment letter is pretty clear with my annual salary

And finally when i go to the British embassy for appointment what to i take for proof of address?

Thank you in advance

Hi Jess

I hope your still active on here, your post was really helpful and I had a question if you could kindly help as I'm getting married in Feb to.

On Wednesday you said you collected some documents from the translator, what were these documents you sent the day before to your translator??

Thank you

Ferdous

Hi Jess

I hope your still active on here, your post was really helpful and I had a question if you could kindly help as I'm getting married in Feb to.

On Wednesday you said you collected some documents from the translator, what were these documents you sent the day before to your translator??

Thank you

Ferdous

Thank you! I’ve emailed them today. How long did they take to reply to your email?

I am another victim of marriage scam in Morocco anybody wanting to get married think before you get married

Moderated by Diksha last month
Reason : Please only post in English on the anglophone forum. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone!

As you can appreciate Jess who originally posted about her experience, posted this 4 years ago and processes may now differ or have been changed. I am due to go through the process at the beginning of March and it would be great if someone would be happy to share their experience from start to finish, which may be more recent. Any messages or posts welcome! Thank you all for your help so far!

Sarah

If you'd like to direct message me I can run through with you and add you to our whatsapp group

Thank you very much for the detailed post
I have my
I would like to know if it is a must that I should get my (Birth Cert Passport non- impedment and Police check) legalised in the UK? or I can do without it being legalised??
or what I get in British Embassy Rabat suffices??
Please help
Regards

Can anyone tell me how much you have to pay at the british embassy in Rabat for a marriage affidavit?

£75 using your UK visa card

Can you explain the process in steps from start to finish

OMG
What alot of work just to get married is Morocco the only country that have to go though a long dew out process
Unbelievable

Moderated by Christine 6 days ago
Reason : ?? off topic post