Managerial Job in Kuwait

Hello everyone. I am currently working in Mumbai, India as Assistant Manager - Business Development with a compensation package of 60,000 INR / month. I have 2 years of professional work experience and 1 year internship experience. What do you think is an average salary that I can look for if I am shifting to Kuwait. Please advice.

P.S
1. I was born and brought up in Kuwait till my secondary education (precisely till 9th std and then shifted to India for good) and can speak good Arabic (manageable)
2. I hold an engineering UG degree and an MBA - International Business PG degree

Hi Omar,

Your current salary is 60000/- INR per month, i.e. 270 KWD per month(Approx).

Now if you change the job generally 30% hike is given i.e. 350 KWD. But nothing is like this LOL  :D

Nothing if fix here, one company will pay 500 KWD and for same position with same experience and other may pay 700 to 800 (Depend on your ability to negotiate)  ;)

Hi Omar,

From my experiences and reading up on posts on this forum and also from the current offer I have received you should be negotiating for a minimum of 1000 kd + per month considering you have a hold over Arabic language as well.

For further negotiation you should also ask for accomodation!

You are in a good position my friend - make use of it.

BTW - I work in Mumbai too and earn a little less than you and have been offered a little less than what I have quoted above :-). But your language proficiency will work really well for you!

All the best!!

Hi Omar

lets be realistic my friend, if you are in business development field, and aspiring to work in Kuwait Market as in sales or marketing .. you are expected to know fluent spoken arabic atleast, as good as bilingual arab professional.

Information on your Qualification and Experience (depth and direction) is limited for a response.. Furthermore, 2 years experience is not much. more or less, companies may consider you at fresher level. Also considering the discriminatory attitudes of companies and culture in Kuwait, as an Indian Job seeker you may expect a start salary range of KD 350 to KD 450 and some job related benefits (mobile, transport, internet).

KD 1000 is a long shot, unless you have specialized in some super rare skills with en established experience track from reputed branded MNCs. Although it is not impossible to chase this figure. it all depends .. which side of the supply and demand you are on. You are hunting or being hunted makes the difference.

Best Wishes

I understand the uncertainty. Thank you for the suggestion nilesh.

Thank you ankit for the advice... Really boosts my confidence.

@recruiter thank you for the eye opening truth. I think you are right about which side I am in, the hunter or being hunted.

Hi omar

what is your UG-Engineering specialization >? also in which industry you worked for 2 years ?

Recruiter_Kuwait wrote:

Hi omar

what is your UG-Engineering specialization >? also in which industry you worked for 2 years ?

Electronics and communication engineering. I have worked in the Learning and Development (Corporate Training) industry. I am into Business Development.

Your degrees and credentials will not work here until you have good moffer or connections here , if you know Arabic and writing too will work remember you are from poor country India need to work hard a lot to get good position and attention if you are from west you can attract good salary sadly but true all the best can call me once y here my what's app is xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your number on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@dhiraj,

I am totally disagree with you friend, how can you say India a poor country LOL the world 3 largest economy and "Antilia" the world's most expensive individual residence is in India and you are telling India is poor   :lol: The people like you portray the wrong impression about India.

I don't know where you work in Kuwait, but the place where i work has maximum Indians on senior position and even couple of them earn more than Americans. I am not telling only about my organization, I have many Indians in contact (Not friend) who are working here with the salary of 4000KWD / Month if you want i can inbox you their contact detail. Better contact them, they will help you finding something better.

Take a pride in being an Indian  :cool:

No offence to proud Indians me too a n Indian and I am one of the previlaged one to have a successful in every way and considered one of the wealthy Indians here many Kuwaitis and westerners work for my company which I owned here but in general I was talking but one should admit the fact that India is rich in corruption and sincerity of government a victim of bad politics over 65 yrs .

Oh boy .. Dhiraj .. India is no way a poor country .. we only have poor mindsets ! IMO the real problem is not the perception of others about Indians, but how indians themselves underestimate thier potential. and this underestimation is fed into thier mentality since childhood ..

take pride in India, it is a country of great history, a prospering present and a promising future. there are issues and struggles, every country has them, it is human mindset to see grass is greener on other side ..

hardwork is the key to success, for everyone .. not because some one is indian or another is arab .. business / profits and performance does not discriminate !

salaries and benefits package must be demanded logically as per market trend and worth a professional can bring in confidently. unfortunately I see lot of people settle for less due to their problems or complex !

Don't want to get into debate , and don't of past history n bygone . Live on present day see the ground reality boy ,
Accept the fact of reality and god bless you

Hello everyone,

Can we come back to the topic please :

omar_151 wrote:

Hello everyone. I am currently working in Mumbai, India as Assistant Manager - Business Development with a compensation package of 60,000 INR / month. I have 2 years of professional work experience and 1 year internship experience. What do you think is an average salary that I can look for if I am shifting to Kuwait. Please advice.

P.S
1. I was born and brought up in Kuwait till my secondary education (precisely till 9th std and then shifted to India for good) and can speak good Arabic (manageable)
2. I hold an engineering UG degree and an MBA - International Business PG degree

P.S please avoid posting about politics.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

I think you are getting a good package in India according to your experience. But if you have any better opportunity in Kuwait than you can move to Kuwait also. You are very familiar with Kuwait. and I think you can get good position as well as good package in Kuwait also.

Hope for the Best. Have a good time.

Thanks

I agree you getting a decent package but if u keen to come to Kuwait it's your wish but once you here , you want to settle down in India take a strong decision and do what your hear says follow your heart you will never regret all the best

Is it Bhavna or Omar getting an opportunity in Kuwait, bit confused here :)

Dear Friends,

This is LOL going on

@Vishek & @dhiraj Ms. Bhavna is Moderator in Expat.com :P

@Sunny15: Its Omar the one who is coming and not bhavna  ;)

Hope I have cleared  :dumbom:

Thx