'ADVERSE RECORD' Explanation and Implications

Your employer (not you - MoM does not del dierctly with job seekers!) should request a clarification and possibly a personal meeting with the officer in charge. They can then take you along to this meeting.

I did asked my HR and they say they already call to MOM and ask but they never specify what's really went wrong, so the HR encourage me to ask on myself to check. So is it highly unlikely I will be entertain if I walk into MOM service centre?

It is worth a try - better than doing nothing. But don't be disappointed if you're unsuccessful!

that's the last thing I can do, thank you very much for the advice.

I had the same issue a few months back. Do you have a record that needs updating? In my case we had to do an appeal containing my manager's writings with that particular record (in my case a medical treatment certificate). You have to act fast coz' appeals this days has a minimum of 3 weeks processing time.

Ya i just been informed that my company can appeal for it with a letter, should be something similar to your case. Thanks for your advice, will ask them to do it asap. Thank you so much!

Yup but dont't forget an appeals letter is not gonna cut it. It's that "attachement" that will matter most to MOM. I had applied 2 other applications from other companies prior to my pass renewal at my original/current company (both were rejected so I had to stay up to pass renewal which was rejected again on first try). If It's a record clearance/updating MOM is interested in, they will expect you know about it. They may not entertain you if you go to MOM or even talk to its agent by phone about pass application just like they did to me.

You're right, they never entertain me with it's hotline but someone from mom called me after i submitted e-enquiry form and tell me what's wrong with my record, which is some medical record. I will try to get some strong supporting document attach to it, hopefully can make it before the expiry date. Is the 21 days enough to process or they will need more time? I'm running out of time. My permit expired end of Feb...

Yes MOM is onpoint with their minimum processing time. I had my appeal "accepted" exactly 21 days from date the appeal was submitted. Goodluck to you!

Good day everyone. Im sorry I dont know where to post this. I need your help. I went to SG last nov 2015 to find a job. I had a visit visa only on that time. I found my employer through employment agency and they applied for my E-pass. MOM rejected my application because I have only 3yrs of experience and S-pass must be my pass and not E-pass. That is not the worst problem. The problem is after 3weeks of stay I exited on malaysia and get back to SG at the same day. They give me only 3 days to stay as what date is written on my ticket and warned me that i need to exit to my country Philippines when I want to get back to SG again. After 3 days I exit in indonesia. I came back to SG after 2 weeks but they dont give me entry visa. I felt like im a criminal because they take my photo and all my finger print. And walked me to airplane going back straight to Philippines. They told me that i need to send a letter of appeal to (I forgot where) before i can enter SG. Can you help me please because i really want to work to SG so badly. What should I do? Please guide me? :(

You should have followed the immigration officer's asvice instead of going to Indonesia. Now they know that you are trying to circumvent their rules (which is NOT a good idea in Singapore) and you might not be able to work in Singapore any mor.
Your only chance is, as the second officer daid, to appeal against the blacklisting at ICA. You need to give a convincing reason why you needed to stay in Singapore that long against their advice - and job search or saving the airfare are NOT legitimate in their eyes!

Hi , Anyone can guide me how to appeal to ICA . I was refused to entry last year .

And i cannot apply any Pass . MOM does not approved any kind of passes because of i have adver record . Anyone let me know how to solve this issue .

Please let me know how to appeal to ICA due to denied entry last year.

You are apparently blacklisted by ICA.
You need to contact ICA and ask for the reason of blacklisting, how long you will be banned and what (if any) can be done to lift the ban earlier.

How to contact ICA ? Can you provide their direct officer email address .? Thx

The contact details are on their website.

Currently I am in EP and when my employer applied for renewal , it got rejected . If any one knows how to resolve this please let me know

priya2304 wrote:

Currently I am in EP and when my employer applied for renewal , it got rejected . If any one knows how to resolve this please let me know

You should try to find out the reason for rejection and then remove it.
Possible reasons are:
- Your salary, education or work experience is too low (or too high) for the position (Note that requirements change often, so you may have fit in when your EP was originally applied for, but not any more now).
- MoM has doubts about the authenticity of your credentials.
- You have acquired a black mark in your file. (Did you ever have problems with customs, immigration or police?)
- Your employer is over their quota, or not allowed to employ foreigners any longer.

To find out the reason, your employer should contact MoM and request a personal meeting with the officer in charge. They can take you along to the meeting.
MoM is not obliged to tell the reasons (and in many cases doesn't).

Hi, i would like to ask about your case please?

How is your situation now? it just happen to me.

Can you please share ? i would like to hear from you.
thanks
kt

Try to call or visit them, but be prepared that they might not entertain you. Inquiries by your employer have a better chance!

Maybe even if one was deported in the past, if he /she is marrying a Singaporean spouse.. this might change the equation.. not sure of this but it can be explored

thesmartexpat wrote:

Maybe even if one was deported in the past, if he /she is marrying a Singaporean spouse.. this might change the equation.. not sure of this but it can be explored

Unlikely. ICA is not the forgiving kind.
In any case, this would be a dubious reason for marrying somebody!

Hey, I have a record in Singapore which is misuse of drugs, is there any chances for me to get my work permit in the future?

Check with ICA if you are banned to visit here. Abuse of drug is considered as a major crime and chances are there you might have barred to visit here, leave alone to get approval of your working pass. Good luck

Hi bro,
     Last June 22nd I came from Singapore for just two week leave.  But my company cancel my spass within one week.  So that case I decided to enter visiting in Singapore. I apply visiting visa first attempt reject my visa but I try to apply second time it will be approved.  July 12th I immigrate to Singapore but the ICA not allowed to enter. Now I'm in deported passport holder . Sep 6th I apply a new spass after one week it rejected. I asked my agent reason for rejection. MOM send reason ( this candidate has an ADVERSE RECORD  with us and hence is not eligible to apply for a work pass. Please look for other candidates). in that case how to clear my adverse record in mom. Is there any possibility for apply a new spass. How many year I banned to enter in Singapore. Please provide a clear solution.  Now I'm depressed with my situation.

Being denied entry despite having a visit visa (and having worked in Singapore before) must have a string reason, which you didn't tell us anything about.
The further course of action (and how long a possible ban would last) depends entirely on that reason. So I recommend you contact ICA to ask why you were denied (if you don't know it already) and what (if anything) you can do to lift or shorten the ban.

Hi how can we know if we have adverse record? If i have a stern warning is that consider adverse record. My stern warning is alleged offense. I didnt commit any heavy offense like shoplifting or drugs or murder. Can I be able to get a work permit in Singapore? I didn't get fine or courts or jails. I'm confused about this right now about the permit.

Read old threads, we have said numerous times that reach out ICA to know if you have any adverse record or not.

How can i be able to reach out to ica? Just walk in or call or email?

The contact details are on ICA's website. Email is best.

Did you know someone that have same situation like me, have alleged offense but try to apply job? Can the person still get their permit or not? I'm really not sure if alleged offense is a adverse record or not?

Kiranashi: This depends on the nature of the offense and how/where it was reported.
You really need to contact ICA and /or MoM about this!

Hi can a month old stern warning (no arrest no jail) Show up in background check for employment pass? At that time I was on SVP and was accused of shoplifting of one item when I paid for all others. They said I should sign if I want to avoid prosecution so I got scared and signed it stating that item was left with me by mistake. My stern warning clearly say that it will not affect my legal rights or liabilities etc. and is not a criminal record. Now I have a Very good job offer. Will this impact my background check by employer? Is this adverse record or is this concealed?

Nishianand: sending private messages to people you don‘t know is seen as SPAM on this forum, especially when you are fishing for personal advice or other favour. That you also posted the exact same on the open forum above makes thing worse, of course, and shows your questionable attitude (as does the complete lack of polite phrases like „please“ and „thank you“). Look up the Singlish work „kiasu“ - you will fit right in here!
Other than that, we always encourage readers to search for existing discussions first: Most topics have already been discussed here in detail, but this is of course not available to the lazy.

Thanks Beppi. Since I am new to the forum I wasn't aware that PMing is considered to be spam. I'm sorry about that.
I also do not think that I did anything that might have offended you so much. You have been kind enough to answer many questions on the forum and it's very sweet of you. But honestly, I have been searching hard since yesterday but I wasn't able to find anything too relevant that fits my case.
Thanks again for taking out the time to reply, though.

Hi
At May 2019, I'm visit to Singapore with my boyfriend.
And then we also visit to Batam.
we com back to singapore, immigration suspect to us and also ask many questions to us.
But, all is ok and they permit to entrance.
We also comback to our country at June, 2019.

1st time, I apply S Pass with Agency. My employer withdraw application due to agency is not reply anything to him. Therefore, agency apologize to him. And then they apply for me again. But I changed plan and withraw application again at my side.
Because I get new job more salary than agent job from my friend.
My new employer apply S Pass for me. It's rejected. He submit appeal for me. It's also rejected.

MOM give reasons is I have adverse record. They want to apply entry visa. Ok. I accept it. I'm apply in two times. All time unsuccessful.

What should I do? plz advice me.

Lynnx: It is not clear, from your post, what caused the adverse record. Therefore, you should contact ICA o find out if the ban can be liften and how.

How come you got adverse record?

I don't know why I'm have adverse records. I'm know when My employers apply S Pass for me.

I already contact to ICA. They don't give any reason to me. My Local Sponsor also contact. Nothing gets reason for this case.

ICA want to apply Entry Visa. I'm applied two times. All times, they replied “unsuccessful “.
What should I do?

You need to write a letter to ICA with all the details including S pass outcome. Then, request the officer to advise you on how to clear adverse record, if any.

Till you don't get a reply with suggestions, avoid applying entry visa which you have already known that it is going to be unsuccessful.