'ADVERSE RECORD' Explanation and Implications

Lynnx: There is no way to remove an adverse record, other than contacting and cooperating with ICA. If that does not work in your case, you cannot visit Singapore.

Plz advice to me, How to do.
Please help.

Write a mail to ICA, we have given email details in old threads.

Plz could you give me again ICA email.
And then How should write?

I would like to ask for my boyfriend.
He works in Singapore with S Pass now. He transfer to another company. They applied S Pass for him. But S Pass is rejected. Because he has adverse record also.
How should we do? Plz advise me.

Lynnx: please follow the advice we gave above. The contact details are on ICA‘s webpage.

For My boyfriend not concern with ICA. Because he already work in Singapore.
How should we do?

It's the same procedure. If MoM has stated that an adverse record is against him and the S pass rejected was due to this. Then he can enquiry about his adverse record with MoM (he can check with ICA as well) and request how to clear it. Till the time adverse record does not clear, his work pass won't be approved. 

It's a genuine question, how come your bf doesn't know that there is an adverse record against him? There must be some incident in Singapore which triggered this adverse record against him and he should have very much aware of it.

Hi Beppi/Surya,

My New EP application ( Company change ) was rejected after 21 days with an "adverse record" reason.

I checked with Police also and there is no offense registered on my name.

So could you please tell me what should be my approach to find out what is that adverse record registered on my name, so that I can clear it and go for an appeal?

Adverse record can be a complaint about you by an (ex-) employer, of something in your credentials that MoM does not like (immigration violation, even attempted, or too many job changes).
You should contact MoM to find out what the adverse record is about. Then you may be able to address it.

Thanks, Beppi.

I have never violated immigration rules --- Can I approach ICA to confirm the same?

Too Many job changes -- Changed 2 companies in 4 years

I have called MOM, but the employer should call them if my employer is not so keen in calling them, can I directly visit the MOM office to know the reason so that this adverse record wont effect me in future also?

If MoM says the employer should clear the adverse record, then it might be caused by them (not you) - e.g. if they had negitive reports by employees or an infraction of work pass rules in the past.
Unfortunately, you cannot force them to do anything.

No Beppi .. I am not saying that .... if I want to know about my adverse record also, MOM is not entertaining me they told me that the employer who applied for Visa should call them to know more details.

Here is the exact message: "This candidate has an adverse record with us and hence is not eligible to apply for a work pass. Please look for another candidate."

So this means the record is not good from my end? nothing to do with my previous employers records?

Yes, this means that you personally (not the employer) have an adverse record.
"Please look for another candidate" is a strong wording that usually means you have no chance to get any work pass. From that standpoint, it is understandable that the employer does not want to invest more time.

In that case how to know what is that adverse record on my name Beppi ... I am pretty sure I have never committed any offense in 4 years tenure here ... I want to prove that ..  so Can I go to MOM ask them politely to give that record so that I will try to clear that .... do you think its a good idea?

Asking MoM is the only way to find out what the adverse record is. They are not obliged to tell you, but if you explain the situation nicely, they might.

Sir i got adverse record because of offence.. But now i want to come Singapore for work. Did it possible to clean my record...?? Did i can come Singapore

You can only come to Singapore after your adverse record is cleared. Contact the relevant authority and ask what you can do towards that (if anything)!

Hi , I really need a help , my internship just finished at 22/09/2021, after that I haven't did the application for special pass to stay , because my employer don't know how to do correctly. However i found the agent to get a job for me under spass ( i pass the interview already and ready to get visa) but anyhow i got a rejected by Mom because i had an adverse record. Right after that i went to Mom to ask about this and then they tell me to get a special pass and pay for the fee that i was overstayed ( I already pay for that and get a special pass untill 21/10/2021) but then my agent try to apply for me again for spass anyhow the result outcome still the same ( i had an adverse record ...) i definitely im not did anything wrong during the whole time staying at Singapore but anyhow i got this problem , so pls give me some advice and how to sort of it .

PêtrNguyen310: You did nothing wrong??? From the viewpoint of the Singapore authorities, there is hardly anything more wrong than overstaying without a valid visa!
Now you have to live with the consequences - an adverse record.
The only thing you can do is trying to clarify the matter and get the adverse record lifted by ICA and/or MoM. If that is not possible, ask how long the ban from employment in Singapore will last - and try again after that time.
And, if you cannot get a continuing visa, by all means make sure you leave Singapore before the special pass runs out!

Hi Beppi , thanks for you reply , i already pay the fined for overstayed and get a special pass, I thought that the adverse record will be removed but anyhow still cannot . So how can i clarify about that ? , I'm really nervous now

An adverse record at MoM prevents you from getting a work visa, not a visit visa.

So how can i clarify my files and continue apply for another job ? , if i need to go to Mom , where can i sort of that ( it is a Advisory point or something? )

The best would be for your employer to contact them, as MoM does not like to dealwith job seekers directly.
If you want to do it yourself, you should call the MoM hotline or email first. If they cannot help, visit MoM in person.

Thank you for your advices , should i do the appeal form to apologize because my lack of acknowledgment also my employer paid for the fined cause overstayed already. I really hope that my file will be clear to let me continue apply to work

Tasfi: You should contact the authority who instated the adverse record (ICA or MoM) to ask whether it is still in place and if anything could be done to remove it.

Hi everyone, i would like to share and ask about the adverse record.

So, i am Indonesian and have applied for S Pass on Jan 7, 2022. When i checked the status on Jan 20, 2022, my application got rejected and my employer informed me that the reason was due to adverse record with mom.

Here's the thing, as far as i remember, i do not have any issue with the authority. So i do not know why they said that i have an adverse record. I have only been in SG once way back in 2019, and that's only for 2 days. Other than that, i have neither any record with the government nor had violated any laws or regulations.

As of now, i have sent the email to ICA and waiting for their reply.
In the meantime, if anyone has the same experience or at least has something in your mind that you can share it to me to solve my problem, please do let me know :)

Thank you very much.

christianwjya wrote:

Hi everyone, i would like to share and ask about the adverse record.

So, i am Indonesian and have applied for S Pass on Jan 7, 2022. When i checked the status on Jan 20, 2022, my application got rejected and my employer informed me that the reason was due to adverse record with mom.

Here's the thing, as far as i remember, i do not have any issue with the authority. So i do not know why they said that i have an adverse record. I have only been in SG once way back in 2019, and that's only for 2 days. Other than that, i have neither any record with the government nor had violated any laws or regulations.

As of now, i have sent the email to ICA and waiting for their reply.
In the meantime, if anyone has the same experience or at least has something in your mind that you can share it to me to solve my problem, please do let me know :)

Thank you very much.

It's best to check with ICA, nobody here can share intel since it corresponds to you as an individual.

An adverse record can be with ICA, MoM, the police force/courts or even with IRAS (e.g. if you worked here before and owe taxes).
It is best to have the employer contact MoM and ask where this is coming from- and then contact the correct agency to solve the issue.
There could be a mix-up and the adverse record should actually be someone else's.

Noted. Thank you very much for the information

beppi wrote:

An adverse record can be with ICA, MoM, the police force/courts or even with IRAS (e.g. if you worked here before and owe taxes).
It is best to have the employer contact MoM and ask where this is coming from- and then contact the correct agency to solve the issue.
There could be a mix-up and the adverse record should actually be someone else's.

Beppi- his explanation outlines that he hasn't worked or lived in SG, hence the suggestion to check with ICA. Can't be IRAS, hasn't worked here. Could be police, but if was never confronted and here for 2 days- possibly not the case. It sure has something to do with immigration- also in all probabilities some mistake.

Hi. Can anybody please help me understsnd this adverse record. My spass application was rejected because of that reason. Is it possible becoz i overstay for just 6days only,?and will it affect my next attempt or if i try again to another company?
Also my Employer called the MOM but they said wait for their email within 2-3days. What does it mean?

Janedeciree: Overstaying is not a minor offense in Singapore. By doing so (and for a full six days!), you probably destroyed your chance of working here for several years.
Applying again at another company will not help, as the adverse record is yours, not theirs. The only thing you can do is contacting ICA and asking what can be done (if anything at all) to get the ban lifted quicker.

U mean im already banned?
Contact them through call or just email?

janedeciree9 wrote:

U mean im already banned?

That's what “adverse record” means. (And expected after overstaying.)

janedeciree9 wrote:

Contact them through call or just email?

Check the MoM or ICA website for contact details.

Okay thank u so much

Would like to update bout my case, so i have contacted ICA about my issue and said that they are unable to accede to my request and also suggest me to directly contact MoM instead. And according to my employer, MoM also cannot give any specific details for adverse record. So i think this is a dead-end for my case. But i am still confusing how to clear this matter if we have no option to do so.

You break the law and expect it to just vanish? Unlike other countries, SG is very strict- unfortunately you can't do anything about it.

that is what i have been wondering about, how do i know what law i broke if i can't even get any clarification?

christianwjya wrote:

that is what i have been wondering about, how do i know what law i broke if i can't even get any clarification?

If it is ICA related, ICA will and should be able to help provide the info. This forum can't tell you beyond.