Marry in Morocco

Hi I will like to know what do I need to get Marry in Morocco. I live in USA im not muslin but boyfriend lives in Morocco. I visited him ones and I going to visit him in couples of months again. We have been together for a year but I don't know what to do if I ask for a fiance visa or marry him there and do a husband petition. I need some help please.

Good morning,

I think you have to visit the Moroccan embassy in USA or your boyfriend visit the American embassy in Morocco because you need a lot of papers don't come before having all details or you will go back to bring a paper !
Sorry I don't know what do you need guys but I know it takes time... Actually your boyfriend will suffer more because he needs a lot of papers  oh yes welcome on board :) just be patient and good luck .

Regards,

Is your boyfriend Moroccan?

If so HE should be doing all this research. Why on earth should you be doing it. If you were going to get married in the States, you wouldn't expect him to do all the research, would you? YOU would find out the necessary information.

It looks like this is an internet romance with a wastrel. You "visited him once". This marriage is doomed to fail the second he gets residency in the West. He'll up and leave you.

hello, the only document you need is your bank statement and your pin number - give him these and he has all he wants and hey presto you will be married! Then give him the visa application forms for your country and pay for this process and hey presto - your dumped!
If you marry this man you will have no life apart from being his wife and bankrolling his life and that of his family.
Wake up and smell the coffee
Try telling him you want to live in Morocco and see how fast he runs! Ask him about your future as his wife and how HE intends to support you

Guys, guys, guys, you're going to scare her away. I doubt she will return back now. She will just go off elsewhere and ask it, as you're ruining her dream. Lets stick to the topic and answer her questions please.

Anyway, you will have to marry him there. That's if you manage to avoid the crowd of men wanting to marry you. So once you've managed to fight your way out, and marry him, then you start the visa application.

Thank you. They scared me a lot with their answers but I going back again. We want to get Marry to start our life together  could be in Morocco or USA but I will be very happy if we live in USA. I love Morocco is a beautiful country but I don't speak the language that is my concern.

Please rethink this decision
He wants entry to the US not you as a person, you are just the means to get it. Look at the statistics on such marriages - once the moroccan partner gets his green card you will be left alone  - this is a well known fact. He will bide his time and wait for the papers then you will be history.
even I as a 62yr old grandmother have had 'marriage proposals' from moroccan men wanting to get to the uk. Which I decline - obviously - I will come to live in Marrakech and I definately wont be marrying a local or anyone else !

Hello,

People are not the same and stop judging people she will follow her heart and make her choice and assume it, her life not yours. If you wanna answer for her main question please do it, if not please stop talking about your stories because everyone has a different one.. You think that you are perfect people and you have perfect countries ?!!! I don't think so because I have my 2 brothers in Europe studying and working there and they don't really like that world and they will never get marry with European girls because they will never give a half support that the Moroccan wife can give.. don't wanna talk so much because I don't wanna hurt anybody here and because I know that people are not the same and I never judge people by their nationalities, color, religion or anything.
Be careful we are not the rubbish of this world !! We are human and if you met some bad people here, am sure you met a lot in your country too......

You are treating the girl very bad you know ? you are just telling her you have no value only your visa and your money !! My dear, follow your heart love is the most amazing feeling in this world, be careful with anyone Moroccan or other, if you love him, if you trust him, if he respects and loves you then you can get married.. anything else is just bools**t ..

Good luck

ooo thats me told !
just trying to save someone a lot of heartache but hey if you want to go ahead go for it .
I love morocco and most of the people Iv met have been lovely and genuine in there friendship. sadly Iv also met women this has happened to and they all say the same thing - why did nobody warn me

Thank you emy87 I really appreciate  your answer I going to follow my heart like you not everyone is the same.

emy87 wrote:

they will never get marry with European girls because they will never give a half support that the Moroccan wife can give.. .

Which exactly proves the points made by others on this thread!! So they are clearly right.

That "marriage" to a Westerner is only temporary... that they have no genuine interest in them...and then once they've got what they want, they divorce, and go and marry a Moroccan woman who they can relate with and actually want! Thank you for proving this point. That's precisely what people are telling her to avoid.. to avoid being used and dumped later on. Which regularly happens.

emy87 wrote:

You think that you are perfect people and you have perfect countries ?!!!

Morocco, India, Pakistan, Thailand, and I can't remember the other countries, rank high on the list of marriage-scams, something our country isn't known for.

And she can not know that by herself ? she can't feel it ? she really needs your opinion ? she knows him not us, she loves him ! Am not sure 100% that he is a nice man neither you ! What I said is what my brothers think not all moroccan guys ! Others think European is more beautiful open minded maybe i don't know.. Everyone has his own style or choice but stop saying Moroccan looking only for the visa !! It's not the garden there isn't ?!!! come on we have a very educated people here, good families, good salaries.. European now looking for jobs in our country and check here if anybody coming to work and live here all Moroccan say you are welcome we are ready to help and all what are you saying guys that we are bad people !! WHY ??? It hurts believe me it does

Am sorry but your country known for other bad stuff.. it's not perfect the life there isn't ?

emy87 wrote:

And she can not know that by herself ? she can't feel it ? she really needs your opinion ? she knows him not us, she loves him ! Am not sure 100% that he is a nice man neither you ! What I said is what my brothers think not all moroccan guys ! Others think European is more beautiful open minded maybe i don't know.. Everyone has his own style or choice but stop saying Moroccan looking only for the visa !! It's not the garden there isn't ?!!! come on we have a very educated people here, good families, good salaries.. European now looking for jobs in our country and check here if anybody coming to work and live here all Moroccan say you are welcome we are ready to help and all what are you saying guys that we are bad people !! WHY ??? It hurts believe me it does

No she can't feel it. She's only known him for a very short period of time, and the relationship is online-based, rather than actually living together and getting to know the other. Anyone can type "I love you" a zillion times on Skype or Facebook, but that doesn't mean a thing. People don't generally marry that quickly into a relationship. But I don't know why they do when their partner is North African. Strange.No wonder why nearly all of the relationships fail. What do you expect. It takes 3 or more years to know someone adequately, according to a report I read. Here is someone wanting to marry after only 1, and not even living together. What else do you expect us to say?

I have nothing else to say.. she is an adult she must know by herself.. anyway am just defending my country that I love so much and don't like to hear any bad word about it

emy87 wrote:

I have nothing else to say.. she is an adult she must know by herself.. anyway am just defending my country that I love so much and don't like to hear any bad word about it

It's not about the country. I would say the same regardless of where the person is living. It's about making a LIFE-TIME COMMITMENT to someone you don't know. Quite frankly a stranger in a foreign country. It's probably the single most important decision in our life. How can you make such a commitment to someone you only know for a year, and online? How reckless is that? It's a disaster waiting to happen, and we don't want yet another victim to suffer (there are thousands of them already, and the numbers keep growing daily), and so what else can we say, apart from think twice, and be careful! She can do what she wants of course. At least now she's been warned! Ignorance won't be her excuse when it goes belly up.

I see

Thank you everyone for your advices  I will keep them in mind.

lovehssny I wish you a good luck and I wish from my heart that he loves you, you deserve love we all do and maybe he found on you what he couldn't find with other girls.. God bless you and be careful please.. try to stay in their house  with his family when you are in morocco in order to know them more, you will feel it am sure :) girls are not stupid but sometimes we use our heart instead of our brain   :( If you need to learn our language please let me know I will help you on that so you can understand what is going on when you are here ok ?

Thank you emy87 I going to see him in december again  and I will stay in his house but I don't speak the language. The first time we stay in his friend's apartment because that was our first time seeing each other. But now this time I will staying in his house because I want to get to know them better. Thank you again. Yes and I will love to learn the language

Sure ;) don't be sad and have a look here https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 70#2603058

lovehssny wrote:

Thank you everyone for your advices  I will keep them in mind.

Regarding your original post, you will find answers on the following threads, rather than for me to repeat what's already been said:

HOW TO : Foreigner to Marry a Moroccan. Step by step instructions.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=366120

Marriage in Morocco - Administrative process mixed marriage

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=145465

Getting married in Morocco

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=150303

Especially posts by Nebraska Girl, and RaezWorld, who are like you, American non-Muslims in a relationship with a Moroccan man.

The comments on those threads should answer all the questions you have. You will see a few Americans on the thread, who were in the same situation as you. You can send them a message, and I'm sure they would be more than happy to assist you further if you need more info.

Thank you XB23 I will reading them. I really appreciated.

Hi XB23,

I wanna thank you too :)

May I ask what the discrepancy in your ages is?

I'm 2 years older than him. Svenstockholm. Why

Just wondering.

Have you read this?

http://morocco.usembassy.gov/visas/immi … visas.html

Thank you svenstockholm that was very helpful information.  That is why I don't want to do the fiance visa because I know they will think he only one visa to come here. We know marriage is a big step in our life. I would never do nothing illegal

And they would be right. Of course he only wants the visa. And this is why such visas are only issued after the most stringent precautions and rarely given out.

You say you have "known" him for a year. You have not. You have "known" a simulacrum which is telling you what it wants you to know over the internet. How can you possible even think of making a lifetime commitment to someone you have barely spent any time with?

Does he work? How will he support you in Morocco? How will he pay for the marriage? How much dowry will he be giving you? As a baseline, Moroccan women would get a minimum of $10,000. Jewellery is on top, a minimum of $4,000 dollars worth.

If the answer to any of these questions is "we are not going to have a big wedding" or "I'll be paying as they are poor", then you are being had over completely.

lovehssny wrote:

Hi I will like to know what do I need to get Marry in Morocco. I live in USA im not muslin but boyfriend lives in Morocco. I visited him ones and I going to visit him in couples of months again. We have been together for a year but I don't know what to do if I ask for a fiance visa or marry him there and do a husband petition. I need some help please.

Let me remind you of what you said, before you start changing the story in private messages to me.

You do not know this man. You have met him "once". yet on this "once", you are proposing to spend the rest of your life with him. As for him paying $20,000 for the wedding, the dowry, the gold,the frocks, I'd believe that if I saw it.

20K? You serious? You jest, surely. To be honest, I don't believe there will be even a fifth of that towards the cost of marriage. What would someone with that kind of money to spend on a wedding, be doing online searching for marriage to someone they only see on webcam? He would have the ability to come and visit you if he wants, seeing that he is supposedly highly-paid, so a visa won't be an issue for him.

Anyway, since you mention you're non-Muslim. It's not normal for non-Muslims to marry someone they haven't lived with and got to know, is it? As far as I'm concerned, they tend to spend quite some time personally getting to know the other before deciding on tying the knot. As for us Muslims, due to rules regarding being together alone, it's quite normal for us to get married to someone we haven't lived with, or known personally for long. Surely in the USA, you wouldn't marry an American in another state you've spoken to online for a mere 12 months, and met once. So why do things change when it comes to North Africa? I reckon it's to do with the impatience of the North African to get the visa done, and move abroad asap. And that leads to the foreigner to start the process of marriage and then visa application as quickly as possible. Simple as. I say do what you would usually do. At your own convenience. Take your time. Don't rush. Get to know him personally, as you would do in any normal circumstances. Do things at your own pace. Don't feel pressured to sign the contract. Take a step back. No reason for you to be searching about how to get married in his own country. Is he too busy for that. It's certainly not a good start. It's a sign of things to come, and your emotions is clouding your judgement, making it hard to see, but anyone else can see it. It also makes you susceptible to believing anything he says, while the rest of us can clearly see it for the bull it is.

hey sister ! even if this wasn't what you asked about , but lemme tell you this ; "you'd better to be carefull" ,right ! am moroccan , love my country and i believe that people are different , and you can't judge them (by their religion , color , nation..) but it's a fact which cause the pain for most of us that the majority today think only about a better future for themselves, and when 'money or any reason other than living in peace and love' become the only aim from any relationship , it won't surely continue after getting what u wanted . Also "love sb in the internet" rarely succeses and you can't know each others in a short time like that ..,sorry for this but it's what s happening , it's right , i don't know if he's one of these most ones or not  but you have to be aware of what are u doing ("Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.It is up to you to give [life] a meaning."by Jean Paul Sartre) , i know it's not easy to decide in this situation but you need to think twice (Paulo Coelho said ; "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own ." ) , be carefulll ! and good luck if u decided to marry him , everything is possible ; we may be wrong in our opinion.

missAMINAAA wrote:

we may be wrong in our opinion.

We're not though are we?

Good to see a Moroccan posting similar warnings. Many thanks.

Thank you to all for your messages, advice and open my eyes.

i need no thanks , cause my msg was to the miss who wants to marry and none other than her  , am saying what's going on , nothing other than "facts" that evryone knows ( and none can refuse ), and not talking only about moroccans , but about many other countries , by the way, if you do have any problem with any moroccan person , go solve it ( that's another topic ) , your opinion doesn't mean abusing to the others . salam .

I live in Canada and have been married to a Moroccan since January 2014. I have been to Morocco many times as he cannot come here.  We decided to marry as I knew the process was a long one.  The process for marriage in Morocco consists of lots of paperwork - the Canadian embassy only touches on a very little bit. Most of the paperwork will be done in Morocco. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to obtain citizenship due to the current situations in the world, so if your government says no - you may have to explore other options such as living in Morocco if you do not want a long distance relationship. I am happy for my marriage - best of luck to you !

It can only be a good thing that governments are making it more difficult to obtain citizenship. It's about time they fix the much abused system. Still a very long way to go. But every little improvement helps.

HI
Better to go with him to usa consulate in rabat and ask

Good luck