Where to have fingerprints made?

An American friend needs to know: is there a way for non-resident foreigners to have certified fingerprinting done in Morocco?

Thanks.

Hi. What do they require this for? Biometric?

Either way you could possible check with the USA embassy as a USA citizen. Usually embassy offer certified documents and at time could possible do fingerprints

Thanks, Vakil. Like you, I had thought a US consulate would do this, but my friend said the US consulates and embassy don't offer this service.

He and his wife are needing to obtain a criminal record check from the FBI and have been told that they have to provide certified fingerprints. They're presently in Morocco on a tourist visa and are applying for residency and, I believe, a business permit.

There appears to be a service in Paris that will do this. My wife and I had ours done at a police station in Switzerland a while back, but it was pretty expensive. Our friends were hoping to find a way to have it done in Morocco.

chaslaw wrote:

Thanks, Vakil. Like you, I had thought a US consulate would do this, but my friend said the US consulates and embassy don't offer this service.

He and his wife are needing to obtain a criminal record check from the FBI and have been told that they have to provide certified fingerprints. They're presently in Morocco on a tourist visa and are applying for residency and, I believe, a business permit.

There appears to be a service in Paris that will do this. My wife and I had ours done at a police station in Switzerland a while back, but it was pretty expensive. Our friends were hoping to find a way to have it done in Morocco.

Hi unfortunately, I'm unaware where else this can be done. You could check at the main police headquarters and see if they offer some sort of service like this as I'm sure it's possible in Morocco.

Please do keep us updated as to what solution was found.

Yes, I'll definitely post here if my friends tell me of a solution. Maybe some of the difficulty is related to the pandemic. I don't know.

If there's no one doing this in Morocco and it can be done in the private sector, there's a possible business opportunity for someone. The business in France that I read about does fingerprints from their location in Paris but will also travel to other locations to do the prints. I don't know how they managed to become legally authroized to perform this service, though. I would think it would have to be closely controlled, since it involves identity verification.

In the pubic sector, I think it would be a good service to add to the offices which provide certification (légalisation) of documents and signatures. I don't imagine they're looking for more things to do, but it could generate a bit more income since they could charge a higher fee than they charge for certifying signatures and photocopies.

Another possibility would be to add fingerprinting service under the office that issues criminal record checks (extrait de casier judiciaire). I was impressed by their service: you provide all needed information online, including uploading a scan of your passport or CIN/Carte de Séjour, then make an appointment to pick it up. If government services are moving in that direction, that's very good!

Thank you!

-chas

Check the police station. Back at home in Miami, they do it or certified brokers by the govt.

Thank you, E Abreu. I remember reading that police stations in the U.S. do fingerprints.

In Morocco, our friends were told that fingerprinting is provided by the police services here only for Moroccan citizens or legal residents. Since they apparently need to get their fingerprints done as part of their residency and/or business permit application, they're sort of in a bind.

No, unfortunately you cannot get fingerprinting done in Morocco and the US Embassy does not offer this service. I am assuming your friend needs the fingerprinting done for the FBI Criminal History. If they are than you have to print out the fingerprint card yourself and fingerprint yourself and send the card into the FBI through DHL which cost about 80 USD. If they need more help just send me a DM.

Thank you, masked_wanderer. I believe our friends did exactly as you suggested. I was surprised that fingerprinting oneself is permitted, but it seems it is, or it is during the pandemic, in any case.

Thanks again.

@chaslaw Does it matter where you get the fingerprints made? I have received a criminal background check but it doesnt have fingerprints. I'm an american living in Denmark . Is it allowed to get my fingerprints done there? I'm actually doing this for marriage but I dont have the time to wait for the FBI as I dont live over there

@phillyboy19811: IIRC, the reason my friends were wanting fingerprints was to then get an FBI criminal record check. So if you've got an acceptable criminal record check, then I don't think you'd need to get fingerprints.

Please check with others, though, as I don't have first-hand knowledge of this.

Congratulations on your marriage.

@masked_wanderer hello, I actually need some help getting the cards as I'm trying to do the same for onboarding at a university. Do you know where I could get the cards and where to go for fingerprinting to mail it in?

@didiccs you can find it here and print it out

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/fd- … 0.pdf/view

@chaslaw

You can get fingerprints for free at the General Directorate of National Security off of Ave. Ibn Sina just passed the headquarters of the Gendarmerie royale.

From outside of Rabat, take the train to Rabat Agdal Station.  The Directorate is 1.5km away, 8 to 10 dirham by taxi, 20 minutes walking.

Information current as of January, 2023

@chaslaw

You can get fingerprints for free at the Directorate of National Security in Rabat just passed the headquarters of the Gendarmerie royale off of Ave. Ibn Sina.

From outside of Rabat, take the train to Rabat Agdal Station.  The Directorate is 1.5 km away, 8 to 10 dirham by taxi, 20 minutes walking.