No Profession Residency?

Hi, Might girlfriend works for an english school in Marrakech and I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a long term visa as a no profession or am I better off just leaving and coming back every 3 months?
I know how to go about getting one but will I be accepted is the thing I'm worried about

Harry Doolan wrote:

Hi, Might girlfriend works for an english school in Marrakech and I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a long term visa as a no profession or am I better off just leaving and coming back every 3 months?
I know how to go about getting one but will I be accepted is the thing I'm worried about

Hi, if you have a compelling reason you could apply for residency however I do not think you have enough of an excuse to obtain this.

I'm presuming your Girlfriend has residency as she works in Morocco.

If you were married on the other hand you can apply for family purposes.

The other option would be to speak to the local police station and advise them you want to extend your visa for family purposes maybe don't mention that your staying with your girlfriend as that alone can be an issue.

Or alternatively advise your working remotely and your family member is working in morocco for that reason your wanting to extend your visa.

You just need a valid argument to present to the police officer in order for them to extend the visa.

The visa can only be extended for 3 months at a time only after you have been in morocco.

Otherwise you would have to leave every three months.

If you have a company or set up a company in Morocco you could also request residency based on the company also.

Hope this helps.

You might look into a carte d'immatriculation under a visiteur status. The requirements include establishing a regular bank transfer to a dirham-convertible bank account in Morocco. If granted, it's good for one year and is renewable on a yearly basis (perhaps longer after the first renewal?).

They no longer extend visas. Either you leave every 3 months, or you apply for residency.

Unless you have employment in morocco, married to someone who has a legal right to be here, or you have a business here. You must show them what reason you have for being in morocco.

Your best option is the 3 months border dance as it's cheaper and less headache. The residence permit is granted initially for 1 year, after which it needs to be renewed, where you must resubmit all your paperwork again. Working 'online' and generating an income abroad is not accepted. You must be doing something in Morocco, or have a company setup in Morocco, with your UK counterpart paying your Moroccan company, then you have an income, and a reason to stay. If it is only short term, then it is not financially worth it, cheaper to fly every 3 months.

Dizzl wrote:

They no longer extend visas. Either you leave every 3 months, or you apply for residency.

Unless you have employment in morocco, married to someone who has a legal right to be here, or you have a business here. You must show them what reason you have for being in morocco.

Your best option is the 3 months border dance as it's cheaper and less headache. The residence permit is granted initially for 1 year, after which it needs to be renewed, where you must resubmit all your paperwork again. Working 'online' and generating an income abroad is not accepted. You must be doing something in Morocco, or have a company setup in Morocco, with your UK counterpart paying your Moroccan company, then you have an income, and a reason to stay. If it is only short term, then it is not financially worth it, cheaper to fly every 3 months.

Thank you for this information, However the extending visa is still acceptable subject to justification. I recently helped a friend who had his visa extended for a further 3 months. He visited the local police gave his reason as to why he needed to extend they accepted and told him before he is to leave he should come back and they will notify immigration so that he does not get into any problems. they usually just hand write something in the passport next to the entry stamp or visa along with a stamp.

This was recent experience around 2 months ago. But yes residency is still the best option and the visa extension can be quite difficult if you don't have a proper valid excuse for extending. But it is possible.

Hope this helps.

We're only going to be here for another 8-12 months, Could I get away with asking a couple of times for 3 month extension?

Harry Doolan wrote:

We're only going to be here for another 8-12 months, Could I get away with asking a couple of times for 3 month extension?

Well its hard to say as its on a case by case bases. You can check with the local police station - Main headquarters for your city your in and explain the situation that your family member is curly working in Morocco and will leave within 8 months or so and if its possible to extend the visa as residency is not required due to you all leaving. Just have to sell your case to the officer and its then up to the officer to agree or not. its worth a try.

Alright perfect, thank you

Dizzl wrote:

————————-
I am sorry, this is incorrect.
You do not need to set up a company or doing something in Morocco, at all. It's actually quite the opposite; You need to sign an agreement stating that you are not looking for an employment in Morocco. 
If you own a property with a title deed (Titre Foncier) - or better a couple - you just need a bank attestation showing 10,000 Euros in a Moroccan bank minimum balance for three to six consecutive months; If you don't have a property (just renting) you need a bank attestation showing 30,000 Euros in a Moroccan bank minimum balance for three to six consecutive months.
I just granted 10 years residency by following this latest rules issued by the Commissariat Central, second matriculation. First matriculation was one year only. There is a lot of paper work to fill out and all has to be legalised, except for one that is issued by the Local Police (Casse Judiciaire). But if all are being followed to the T, the interview is very quick. Mine was a 5-minute process.

Abe123 wrote:
Dizzl wrote:

————————-
You do not need to set up a company or doing something in Morocco, at all. It's actually quite the opposite; You need to sign an agreement stating that you are not looking for an employment in Morocco. 
If you own a property with a title deed (Titre Foncier) - or better a couple - you just need a bank attestation showing 10,000 Euros in a Moroccan bank minimum balance for three to six consecutive months; If you don't have a property (just renting) you need a bank attestation showing 30,000 Euros in a Moroccan bank minimum balance for three to six consecutive months.
I just granted 10 years residency by following this latest rules issued by the Commissariat Central, second matriculation. First matriculation was one year only. There is a lot of paper work to fill out and all has to be legalised, except for one that is issued by the Local Police (Casse Judiciaire). But if all are being followed to the T, the interview is very quick. Mine was a 5-minute process.

Hi Abe, Can you clarify these points please? Has the rules changed?
does this mean for residency card renewal would require us to have 10k Euro in the local account if owning a property? or this is only applicable for a specific type of residency?

Vakil wrote:
Abe123 wrote:
Dizzl wrote:

————————-

does this mean for residency card renewal would require us to have 10k Euro in the local account if owning a property? or this is only applicable for a specific type of residency?

————————-
Visitor's Residency.

This is the new law / rule since March 2020.
If one owns a property with a Tittle Deed, not Adoul, one ONLY requires to show 10,000 Euros (a bit more than 100,000 MAD) minimum balance in a Moroccan bank for three to six consecutive months through a bank attestation. Legalised.
The Non-property owners are the one who got hit hard with this new rule: 30,000 Euros minimum balance in a Moroccan bank (300,000 MAD for three to six consecutive months).

Apparently I am considered too young (below 50) to apply for a Retiree's Residency (like many of the French here).

One can go to any Commissariat Central - Visit the office of Foreign Affair - and ask for the official bulletin to apply for a Visitor Residency (NOT through marriage, employment, immigration, or other means).

Abe123 wrote:
Vakil wrote:
Abe123 wrote:

————————-

————————-
Visitor's Residency.

This is the new law / rule since March 2020.
If one owns a property with a Tittle Deed, not Adoul, one ONLY requires to show 10,000 Euros (a bit more than 100,000 MAD) minimum balance in a Moroccan bank for three to six consecutive months through a bank attestation. Legalised.
The Non-property owners are the one who got hit hard with this new rule: 30,000 Euros minimum balance in a Moroccan bank (300,000 MAD for three to six consecutive months).

Apparently I am considered too young (below 50) to apply for a Retiree's Residency (like many of the French here).

One can go to any Commissariat Central - Visit the office of Foreign Affair - and ask for the official bulletin to apply for a Visitor Residency (NOT through marriage, employment, immigration, or other means).

Much appreciated for this insight and the updates rules for anyone who requires a visitor residency.

Thankfully I have family residency so it's much more simpler and easier I guess.

Hi,

My statement was relevant to his circumstances, not all circumstances, I should have clarified this. Apologies

P

No .. extentions are allowed in Morocco now under the new law.

americanecoleagadir wrote:

No .. extentions are allowed in Morocco now under the new law.

————-
For one time, totalling to a 6-month stay. Then one must go out and stay out of the country for six months before returning, assuming it's a Visitor's Residency (not through marriage, employment or running an association).
Exception applies when one owns significant properties that employs local people.

Oh nice. I was refused them a couple of years ago citing airport tax incomes as the reason not to issue, so a drive to ceuta fixed it, but I guess with corona days it's changed now.

I'm not sure what a valid reason would be for this, but 'I'm here for my girlfriend',  would probably substitute the same meaning as 'my dog ate my homework'...

For the OP, it's best to test it out first and see what the police say, rather than waiting until the end and be refused, and resulting high ticket prices ensuing.

When I used to do 90 day visa runs, I found one could go to Germany and back in the same day, so a couple of hundred was a reasonable price to pay for this.

Thanks for the info. Did you get this from a website? Would it be possible to get the source, I want to look at the other visa type requirements. Thanks in advance.

masked_wanderer wrote:

Thanks for the info. Did you get this from a website? Would it be possible to get the source, I want to look at the other visa type requirements. Thanks in advance.

Hi you can check with your embassy for the rules for your nationality.

However the easiest option would be to visit the main police station and head to the immigration desk and then seek the appropriate options.

I have recently seen some friends have their visa extended due to covid and it's up to the officer in charge on the day I guess so if your story is acceptable for them they can assist “everything is possible thankfully” despite what the advisory rules or law says.

Just recently received my Visitor Residency card. For Rabat I can confirm that WITHOUT owning property AND having 100,000 MAD in your Moroccan Bank you can apply for Visitor Residency here.