Moroccan girl? Marriage fraud? Special solution

While in Los Angeles, as also a Muslim man of West African descent, a moroccan male friend of my Mosque invited me in Morocco to meet a girl for marriage. the girl was his brother's sister. I have always wanted to marry a great muslim woman.

I traveled there and meet a nice women "hijab wearing" praying all the time and on time. At our first meeting that girl was telling me: "I do not like to go to any public place, I do not listen to musics, I do not watch movies etc...." I spent about 2 weeks in morocco meeting the girl's family and also staying with my friend. We agreed to get married and to make her join me with a US fiancee visa. From my Los Angeles friend, this girl was the best of her family. At my knowledge and by meeting her family members I found out something was wrong with every single member of her family. Things like she could just stay 3 months before divorcing with her ex husband abroad in France, her male sibling were all into drugs...

For our marriage I insisted that part of our dowry will be the copy of the holy Quran and a modest amount of $.

she discussed my dowry proposal in complaining but I insisted that I will not marry her without the Quran between us. I explained her that I am African and that I am very well aware of the high rate of Moroccans using people living in the USA or other Western countries. I said her that as Muslims I want the Quran to be the guaranty or kind of witness of our relationship. And that if she is marrying me for her papers to be aware that it will not work with our case. I told her she would be lying to the holy Quran if she is playing with our relationship. She ended-up by accepting my proposal.

As a US citizen, I applied for her visa and she then joined me in the USA. I paid all and spent so much from her visa, immigration filing fees, her financial support, ceremonies, flight tickets... I moved from Los Angeles to another State where life style was slower.

This girl was so fake in being great to me until we file for her green card which is her adjustment of status. as soon I paid for her green card fee and we submitted, she all the sudden started her true face. I and you could not believe her sudden change. She would be sick or pretend to be sick all the time. She would hardly accept being intimate with me, she would be a new movie watcher girl, I would be every day asked to bring her for shopping or to somewhere where we got to spent crazy. All the sudden my house became a house of arguments. If not for her shopping or spending she would not want to do anything with me.

When filing for her green card she explained me that the USCIS will ship her green card per mail without any interview. I said no, they will need to interview us. This will be a long story to tell from her green card filing.

At the 8th days of last Ramadan, I left her home and went at our nearest mosque to pray the noon Zuhr prayer and at my return home the girl or my wife was not anymore at home. she left me and went to her Moroccan girl friend. Her friend could not keep her at her home. they brought her to our city abused women shelter. I was so sad for her action!! we did not fight at all on that 8th day of Ramadan. She made me spend a very stressful Ramadan with so much calls to people and her parents back to Morocco. She just spent 4 months with me from her move to USA before she left me.

Indeed she went to the women shelter and lied about me. She also went to police and made a false abuses police report.

At my surprise I found that she and her women shelter made a protective order against me as if I was chasing to harm her (if you don't know about "the protective order" in the USA its a Judge order that a Court can issue against a person and it is very harmful). Her complaint in the protective order and her her police report were so easy to be found false that the judge dismiss her request.

In her dismissed protective order complain she put joke and false things like: my husband accused me of thinking of other men when we make love and I close my eyes; my husband made me take grocery shopping from the store to the car and from the car to our house; my husband forced me to have sex with him even I did not wanted but he never raped me; she checked yes to did police came? but then in her allegations she will say I did not call police at that time.

I got a letter of suspension of her green card processing through our marriage. I bet they will deny her green card based on our relationship.

Her shelter and her are using the violence against women act to file for her "what is called VAWA I-360", a green card for abused women. I bet she has a very slim chance to get that petition approved unless she got someone from her Moroccan village working at the Immigration and that person can let her fraud to happen. I learned that if she could win her protective order, she would be using that document as a strong evidence of abuses toward her.

I can tell this secret to people interested to marrying a Moroccan or any Muslim women or men that pretend to be a great practicing Muslims. Give her (for woman make him give you) a copy of Quran as part of your dowry and make her or him take an oath about the future of your relationship on that Quran. This works so much for me. My wife used me to come to America and she did not loved me even when I insisted about the Quran to be part of our dowry and her game is not gonna work for her.

I can tell you I am not bad looking man. I am handsome, tall and we are close in ages in our 30is. hahaa.
By the way I am in the process of requesting annulment of our marriage since it is fraud. That Morocco is so full of horrible Muslims!!! they use Islam to fool foreigner. I lately found out they are way more full in online dating especially the free one like fdating.com. that website was for russians free dating but Moroccans girls took over and they are there more than any other nationality.

You could not imagine how this woman pretended being the perfect Muslim before we filed for her green card. Praying all the times, any time she used bathroom she will have to pray 2 or 4 rakats, all the times reading Quran (her Dowry, hahaa), being nice to me, worrying about me etc... I think if you are not a Muslim and would not want to be a Muslim do not marry any Muslim Moroccan, and if you are a Muslim find a solution as mine in engaging with any Moroccan when you live oversea. Be very clear to him or her in laying down the marriage scam issue.

I can tell you for my case I do not regret at all for what I have spent to marry her and to make her join me. I strongly believe that I was worshiping Allah in my efforts to find a wife. So much Muslims are lost today and they are using Islam not to worship Allah but for dunia purposes. I really wish that Allah save my fraudulent "wife" or my scammer in her lost and engaging into fitna. Amen.

Thanks for reading this.Asalam Alaikun

I've talked about this issue at length. I've mentioned nearly everything you wrote. I warned people that they are actors, and will report someone for 'abuse' in order to stay in the country. l got banned many times, got abused many times (by Moroccans or those in a relationship with them). But you know what, I have always knew I was right. Posts like this, although sad, gives me happiness. A confirmation to others, that yes, such stuff does actually happen, and that I'm not making it up!!

For those considering getting married there, please think twice, no three times, no actually 1000000 times!! And please learn from the lessons of those who got tricked. And stop with the "not all of them are the same" nonsense. I guarantee you the MAJORITY are only after a visa/green card/permit. Take this warning or leave it. Actually, take it or suffer.

Oh, and it's happened to many people..many many people - but most of them are too ashamed to come online and talk about it. Not everyone likes to admit publicly they got deceived. Far too many marriage frauds going on in that country. And as for deen, that's the worst place to consider a religious partner. The only deen there is the dirham and dollar. Falooooosss habibi. Falooos.

Good luck, and regards

I learn in Morocco everyone is involved in black magic (which is the worse sin in Islam)  except the one you meet. At my now stage I can tell you the percentage of Muslims in the USA is bigger than in Morocco indeed. Please be careful with Moroccan Muslims.

As an African, you already knew that sihr, visa fraud, scams, lies, deception,  using any tricks to gain personally /financially is commonplace in all countries of the continent. So I'm surprised even with this knowledge that you already had, that you still went ahead with it. To be honest, to me it's a bit like responding to those emails telling you someone has died and there is a small fee to pay upfront to access whatever large sum it is, and actually sending money to them. Just like those emails, I avoid morocco, as well as countries in the region, for any types of relationships. I don't trust them.

Hello dodib,

Welcome to the real world of marriage with Moroccans, sad to hear that you had to learn all this the hard way. I know it must be a crushing blow to you since you appear to be devoutly religious.

Take some consolation in knowing that your wife would not stand much of a chance at succeeding with a VAWA I-360 application with USCIS, since the trumped up charges against you were dismissed. The people at USCIS aren't stupid, they've seen all kinds of false claims being made, and they also know all the signs of marriage fraud too. Your wife will quite likely end up on a flight back to Morocco thanks to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement - ICE (Enforcement and Removal Operations) if she refuses to leave the USA voluntarily.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

If you can read I myself was convinced by a local Moroccan male friend in the USA who I do not speak to anymore. that girl was so bizarre.

Dodib:

You had doubts before the marriage. Doubts about her intentions, as you knew that US/Western citizens are being used by Moroccans to gain citizenship abroad. Yet you put those serious doubts to one side, in favour of advice from someone belonging to the very same country that you have these doubts about. Big mistake - The reality is, such frauds don't take people by surprise when it finally happens. In the majority of cases that I've read/heard about, it's simply the result of many mistakes made even before the marriage, up to the separation. With such doubts, you shouldn't of got married. You should of stuck by your own feelings of this, which you didn't - which was a mistake, instead you listened to the advice of her compatriot - another mistake, and relying on her being religious enough not to lie on the Qu'ran - another mistake.

Plus I'm pretty sure a simply google research about this topic would of been enough to put you off for good. You either didn't do your homework, or you did, but ignored the warnings. Again, that's yet another mistake.

Take comfort in the knowledge that I did a similar mistake when I was in a relationship to a girl from my own country, but fortunately I stopped short of committing more mistakes by submitting a visa application for her. Deep down I knew what would happen when she gets here. You probably knew as well, but was hoping that she won't do that to you - mistake.

My heart goes out to you ,and everyone who encountered fraudulent and ,con artist and faked people .  Your posting should be taken seriously, and hope that served as lessons to everyone.watch out for someone who are a smooth operator.There are many  of them exist. To get what they want and with out regards to others

I am sorry this experienced happens to you.i hope your experienced served as lessons to others. Thank you for your posting.

@ Dobib; maybe you can claim all the money back?

@primadonna :  it looks like in my annulment request i will get a default verdict since that girl scammer is a miserable and they can't afford $200 per hour attorney fee to defend my fraud claim. I my self i will not want anything from that scammer inhuman. My spending toward her were parts of my efforts of worship to get a wife and be more complete. It is pleasure and duty to express my history in forum as here. I can guarantee to you that without huge prayers my scammer will burn in this life and i do not know about her life after death. USA could provide her maybe her green card and then get job but she will still burn. If you can understand my narration indeed she set herself on fire in Islam standpoint. I like to add that i do not hate Moroccans. I have warn Moroccans partners
partners-finders. That country is exceptionally full of worse muslims. I indeed love my experience with them. Alhamdulilah.

Dear Dodib,
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to you, and I pray that you get your problems sorted out soon. I'm not writing this to defend this Moroccan woman or any other person who used fraud to achieve a goal be it a US citizenship or money or....etc.
As a Moroccan woman,  I did feel offended by the general statements you made in your blogs. Deception, fraud and all other horrible actions (you name it) exist everyone and anyone regardless of race, nationality or faith can attempt to do just what that woman/your (ex)wife did.
I strongly believe that one should be careful when choosing a spouse, especially from another country/culture. That's why I think you made a great mistake by accepting to marry someone just based on the way she was dressing, or by her words (not listening to music...etc). You should've taken time to get to know her more. Now, with social media, distant relationships have become easier. You can't simply marry somebody just because they say they pray 5 times a day and wear hijab. That's called blind marriage or extreme naivety.
I have been fortunate enough to travel and live in various parts of the world, and I have witnessed and heard similar stories. So, to generalize your stroy and judge a whole culture based one one incident or even a dozons isn't fair,and Allah won't accept it. Every individual is unique. Please be careful with your choices of words and judgements, and formost, be careful when making your own life decisions.
Wa-salam,
Zineb

You mentioned you're from West Africa. So I assume you're dark in colour. Were you not aware of the rampant racism in Morocco? That should put off any 3azzi from getting married there. Another mistake added to the list. Great. Take a bow.

Can you all stop in telling me that i am generalizing all Moroccans? I have never said so in my narration. And also i was a friend of a moroccan in LA mosque friend for 4 years. The girl was sister to my friend's brother's wife. There is no knowing a woman in islam as western do. It take people like my friend to marry a true Muslim. I have one elderly Moroccans couple friends who were helping us settling. Today they hate that scammer so much. I said my solution or advice to people interested in foreign muslims Moroccans or muslim. After reading well my first add if you think that the girl got me you better read again. She is the one that got screwed

Don't say all, as I wasn't one of them. Anyway, lets face it, you are the one who got screwed over and now paying the price. She got what she wanted from the start, which was not marriage, but instead to gain entry into the USA & apply for a Green-Card. I seriously suggest you remove yourself from the so-called 'friends' who were involved in this debacle, and now pretending to be upset, then report her to immigration and whatever responsible authority that deals with this issue. And move on.

Good luck.

dear brother,

i am so sorry to hear of your predicament. being used is always an ugly affair. i am heartbroken that you did everything right - you asked for the holy Quran to be part of your dowry, you sought a Muslim girl with a good background, you did your due diligence, for all intents and purposes you should have found a "7oor el 3ein" (حور العين)!

however, you learnt the hard way that things are rarely as they appear. in this side of the world, there are matrimony makers, big women who help "make matches" between men like you and "innocent women", they take fees of course, and sometimes you find yourself in a predicament whereby your spouse is not what she claims to be, if you catch my drift.

although i applaud you for your process, i question your selection of Morocco specifically for this. There are many Muslim countries to choose from, if you dont mind my asking. this is only to ensure that this does not happen again.

Now, not generalizing here, but SOME Moroccan women that have moved to the Gulf Region - Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE etc. have carved a very questionable reputation for themselves, and unfortunately, please take this at face value for what it is, "الحسنة تخص والسيئة تعم" meaning a good deed is specific to the individual that does it, whereas a bad one is generalized to everyone who is the same. if a shopkeeper were robbed by a Muslim, he would be hesitant with all Muslims. If a Muslim helped a shopkeeper in a mugging, he would thank that specific Muslim, not all Muslims. That is not a hard and fast rule but it helps to illuminate the world.

there is no use crying over spilt milk. take pride in the fact that your heart was in the right place, but you were deceived. i dont think your friend of 4 years would have been in on it, it seems an awful long time to plan something like marriage fraud.

i think your best bet would have been to find someone Muslim in the US itself, that way you remove the whole fraudulent marriage from the scenario.

But do not forfeit your rights in making sure she gets deported for her actions. you've already spent this much, ensure that she does not ifnd a loophole with which to remain in the country.

legacy wrote:

There are many Muslim countries to choose from, if you dont mind my asking. this is only to ensure that this does not happen again.

No there is not many Muslim countries to choose from for non-whites/non-Arabs. Are you trying to add insult to injury? As if he isn't suffering enough already. You want him to go and try his luck in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Lebanon, Kuwait, Bahrain, Iran, Turkey, Pakistan, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Bosnia, Kosovo, Albania etc? What am I getting it? That Muslim countries of Eastern Europe/Asia/Gulf region/Parts of North Africa, are pretty much closed off to Black-Africans (and blacks in general) when it comes to marriage. There is a reason why Morocco is a popular destination for marriage. Because they have a far better chance of being "accepted" there than other countries. Which explains why blacks and Asians (Pakistani's/Indians mainly) are travelling there to get married.

i dont think your friend of 4 years would have been in on it, it seems an awful long time to plan something like marriage fraud.

No, he wasn't planning it for 4 years. He simply knew him for 4 years from the Mosque. Then when it came for this brother to consider marriage and start a new chapter in his life, this Moroccan "friend" of his, simply recommended the sister of his brothers wife for him. I believe this recommendation was highly questionable, using the trust built between them over the few years, and solely in the interest of his own family (she gets to come to the USA, which she otherwise could not). The truth is, their loyalty & commitment tends to be with their family. The family is always prioritized. Nepotism is ingrained in Morocco. The interests of the family always comes first, no matter what. And sadly, some of them are prepared to deceive friends (why is he recommending an insincere girl like that??), for the benefit of the family. It happens quite often. They also side with the family whenever there is a dispute, and pay lip-service to the friend, pretending to be in shock & saddened about what happened, when in reality they knew all along what the plan was. He needs to get rid of these deceivers from his circle of friends, see them for what they are (part of the scam), report her, end his relationship officially, and try to move on.

I thought before that any body could be racist except a Muslim. But now i can see that many muslims are ignorant about islam and i can understand why muslims can't lead the world today. They are indeed humiliated and assimilated to terrorists instead.
When it comes to take side of my "ex-wife" her family members all behave like mad persons,including my friend. They are not at all muslims in supporting lies from the girl. They all knew about the girl's future fraud in the beginning of my relationship.  You can see the sad behaves in some people in this forum. just because they are Moroccans they will express their support to the prostitute scammer. Zaynabou! I bet that primadoma... is also Moroccan. SubhanaAllah.
I am seeking annulment and that will delete our marriage record as if we did not married in the first place. I don't care if she can fool uscis. They know about vawa fraud issues already.
It is really helpful to get your thoughts about my situation and i really love your comments guys.

dodib wrote:

I thought before that any body could be racist except a Muslim. But now i can see that many muslims are ignorant about islam and i can understand why muslims can't lead the world today. They are indeed humiliated and assimilated to terrorists instead.
When it comes to take side of my "ex-wife" her family members all behave like mad persons,including my friend. They are not at all muslims in supporting lies from the girl. They all knew about the girl's future fraud in the beginning of my relationship.  You can see the sad behaves in some people in this forum. just because they are Moroccans they will express their support to the prostitute scammer. Zaynabou! I bet that primadoma... is also Moroccan. SubhanaAllah.
I am seeking annulment and that will delete our marriage record as if we did not married in the first place. I don't care if she can fool uscis. They know about vawa fraud issues already.
It is really helpful to get your thoughts about my situation and i really love your comments guys.

Unfortunately you have simply picked the wrong country to get married in. As you're sub-Saharan African, my frank advice to you is keep away from any country in the region of North Africa and the Middle-East (in terms of marriage). You will likely be used and taken advantage of, as has already happened. You're honestly better off marrying a non-Muslim instead, rather than a Muslim from those countries. The non-Muslim Europeans treat the Africans far better than the Arabs. Take for example how the morocans treat them in comparison to the Spanish. They beat them up and give them a hard time. Some have even been killed by them. You picked the wrong country for marriage, and friends. Learn from your mistake, don't repeat it again, get rid of those so-called "friends", and move on with your life.

Good luck.

And by the way, you might of received a notification about a comment posted on here by the now banned member "Souhailfes" which you can't see. That's because I reported it, and it was removed. It was a utterly disgusting racist comment which I'm not surprised about.

I can sympathize with the fact that you had one rotten apple from a large basket, but how dare you generalize the entire Moroccan nation,  Why did you not go to Africa a get your self a bride, or USA for that matter why Morocco.
You could not be much of a catch for her to leave you so soon.
And as for you being a good Muslim, a good Muslim do not broadcast how much rukat he does or how much time he spent in praying that is between you and Allah swt.
In a way she is well rid, and as for the Moroccan girls they very well known of being the best wife's and they know how to take care of there men , so I suggest to you to go to Thailand and get your self a cheap bride and keep very much away from those gorgeous Moroccan girls.

Same reason why those many Asians heading to moroco to get married are not exactly going to the khaleej for an Arab girl - because it's very easy to get married in moroco. They will get acceptance there, but not elsewhere. Anyone can do it, which is why it's a popular destination for that. Sex tourism is another thing it's well known for.  :)

Well done for using  the QURAN,next time no visas for at less 10 years.

@ tiffi: So Morocco is not in Africa? I do not need any advise from such kind **people. I had a friend in my US city who I have known for about 4 years at a Mosque. He recommended to marry the prostitute moroccan scammer. He would seek helps from me many times as giving me his house key when going to morocco, giving him rides to the airport, hospital. we were, to me good friends. I did all I can positively. My friend's coworker told me recently that indeed my friend is into the kind of same karma. He fooled an american lady 20 years ago to get his US papers. as of today although he made some US money, he is about to be 60 years old and never got married then, no kids, and he is always sick. he is indeed miserable. I can think Allah damned him already. I did not find the girl online or in sex tourism as westerns pedophiles, gays or others do in going to Morocco. And by the way my prostitute is in trouble even when she goes back to Morocco. can anyone not see how muslims are humilated today? they are full of ignorant, racists and ethnocentrism even within the same family, black magic worshipers, ISIS, Boko haram? *** are hell today... just turn on your tv... Subhanalllah....

" So Morocco is not in Africa? "

You see, yet another example of racism. When he asked you why didn't you go to Africa, by that he means a black sub-saharan African country. Can you now see their obvious racism? It's disgusting, and their true colors is only revealed when you do something to them or their compatriot. Do yourself a favor and keep away from them. Try to cancel her visa, and move on with your life. I didn't even know anything about that "friend " you had, yet advised you to leave him, and now you've told us about his background, so I'm happy my advice was sound. If I was you, I would ask the administration to delete this thread. You've received two racist comments already, and things can get worse. It will just add to your pain. So ask them to delete the thread, and try to forget about all this nonsense. Pretend it didn't happen. And khalas.

Very sad. I too am marrying a Moroccan before the end of the year. People are also warning me that it may be fraud. True, it may be a fraud, but I am approaching the relationship with an open heart and mind.....AND eyes wide open. Unfortunately, I have concluded that all relationships (from what I've seen) regardless of nationally or ethnicity involves some risk.

You have some serious problems with your life,, get your self sorted the lot of you and stop slagging Moroccan girls,
you all seem to forget that every body is at it  Polish Russian Thai every girl's dream to make it big in the USA
regardless of her back ground , but you all seem hell bent in slagging off  just the Moroccan's,. what about all the happy Marriages that has succeed and most of them are living in Morocco and they have kids, the American school is full of them. And one more thing,  have you not got enough prostitute in the USA that you had to come to Morocco for one
or you native country Africa for that matter. You all know that the Moroccan girls are the best that why you keep coming for more. you can slag them as much as you all want they are still the best.

You mention black magic, where does Black magic originated from Africa where you come from, so before you start on black magic recherche your back ground first and then speak about Morocco, the Moroccan girls they have beauty  and intelligence  they don't need black magic, it takes one to know one.

MoonLightOnWater wrote:

Very sad. I too am marrying a Moroccan before the end of the year. People are also warning me that it may be fraud. True, it may be a fraud, but I am approaching the relationship with an open heart and mind.....AND eyes wide open. Unfortunately, I have concluded that all relationships (from what I've seen) regardless of nationally or ethnicity involves some risk.

Forget about people warning you. Your very own embassy is warning you! What does that tell you about this matter? It means it has been going on so many times that they now need to warn about it.

Many Americans befriend Moroccans through Internet dating and social networking sites and these relationships often lead to marriage or engagement.  The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca warns against marriage fraud.  It is not uncommon for foreign nationals to enter into marriages with Americans solely for immigration purposes.  Relationships developed via correspondence, particularly those begun on the Internet, are especially susceptible to manipulation.  Often, the marriages end in divorce in the United States when the foreign national acquires legal permanent residence (“green card”) or U.S. citizenship.  In some cases, the new American or permanent resident then remarries a wife he divorced before, around the same time as entering into a relationship with a sponsoring American citizen.

In other words, in some cases, some of them are actually already in a relationship in their country. But trick the American into marriage in order to enter the USA. Once they are settled abroad, they then divorce and bring their actual partner over.

Ignore what others say. They are quite likely lying and hiding the truth from you. Please be careful, or you will end up in the same situation as the thread poster here.

Moroccans frauds are so common that USA embassy got to warn exceptionally its citizens. I call my ex a prostitute because she fits exactly that definition in her shameful pretension to love me in exchange to immigrate in USA for economic gain. I learned from my short experience that less than 5% of Moroccans are not into black magics. So more than 95% of Moroccans think of black magic for any major endeavors they can face. I do not want to go into detailing about my ex here. That kingdom  will blow up in the near future. SubhanaAllah

Hello everyone,

We are closing this thread on request of the OP.

Thank you.

Closed