Mandarin speaking jobs.

Hello Mauritius expats!

I am seriously thinking of moving to Mauritius. I just wanted to know if there is any chance of teaching Mandarin there? If not in schools, maybe private lessons? If so, anyone have any idea of pay?

Also, is there any other jobs that anyone knows of that requires a native Mandarin speaker who is also fluent in English (and wants to learn French! haha) I also have a degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Welcome on Expat.com chinagirl,

did you have a look to the work section of the Mauritius guide?

The chinese community isn't very big in Mauritius but it is very active. I don't know about teaching opportunities, but I think you should be able to find a job in the import/export field.

What's sure is that we appreciate motivated people in Mauritius ;)

I wish you a lot of success,

Christine

---
sorry for the other guy's post, that was one of the most unpleasant posts we've ever seen here. I deleted the entire discussion (I know you will understand).

Hi Christine,

Many thanks for your kind words, very encouraging. I am glad you deleted that post. I knew it was in no way reflective of this website. Which by the way, is excellent! Keep up the good work.

I have looked in the work section and am now looking through the websites listed.

Again, thank you and I hope to meet you when I arrive in Mauritius.

All the best to you all,

Mandy.

Hi ChinaGirl,

I suggest to try and come here on visit first. In case you know someone it will go a long way in helping you find a job.

All the best

Terence

Hi Terence,

Thanks for that. I think I will come for a couple of weeks early next month on a scouting mission before I commit myself.

Do you think that would be enough time to "suss" things out?

Have a great Sunday in the sun!!

Mandy.

Mandy, Terence is right, you should come and spend a few weeks here, meet as people, build a network (it works!), it might help a lot ;)