Planning to start a business in Mauritius

Greetings,

I am new to this page,

I would like to know about business start up,laws and permits procedure in Mauritius. I did research on internet but if someone could share there experience that would be lovely. I am traveling on March 2023.

@Ricki Singh  Every time that I go back to Mauritius, I tend to explore this opportunity (and this ruins my vacation).  Have you read the Mauritius 2023 guide that can be downloaded from this site?  It has some basic information about investing in Mauritius.  What I have found in my numerous pseudo-attempts at starting a business while on vacation is that the most important success factor is the people that you will need to rely on and trust.  It's important to have a very good and trustworthy team in whatever business you are planning on starting in Mauritius - even more than in the US.  For instance, in the US, people will abide by non-compete and non-disclosure agreements (US is a very litigious country).  Business in Mauritius is more dependent on relationships than the rule of the law.  Good luck in your search.

Hello everyone,

Welcome Ricki Singh,

May I ask what kind of business are you looking forward to starting ? One man , will you have shareholders ?

Have you browsed through the Mauritius Expat Guide > page 35 ?

Regards

Bhavna

Hi Bhavna,

im interested to setup a company on trading , export, investment finance from Mauritius ...

I just contacted & send email to - sunibel corporate services , ***. but still no reply for requested from this company....

if interested , lets talk more on this .... my WhatsApp/ph : ****

thanks & regards,

sateeiskumaar

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Sateeiskumaar,

Welcome on board !

I can only suggest that you read the Guide I referred to above. It contains a lot of information.

if you are looking for a business partner, feel free to drop an advert in the Business partners in Mauritius section of the Classifieds.

All the best

Bhavna

Good Morning Ihave my own company if you want to be Business partner you are most welcome .

Just call me on ***** for serious discussion .

Moderated by Yoginee last year
Reason : For security reasons, do not share phone numbers on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Armila,

Welcome to expat.com!

Like Bhavna suggested, I advise you create an advert in the Mauritius classifieds section> Business partners.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team