EP and S Pass Application October 2021

Hi All!

Apologies if it's been asked or discussed previously.
lil bit of my background:
I'm from Indonesia and has 7 years experience in a Big4 firms. Recently I got offered by second tier firm in Singapore and I've signed the contract and they have submitted the work permits application on Oct 14, 2021. I did use the SaT and showing that I'm eligible for Spass.

I got informed by my employer that they are applying for both E Pass and S Pass at the same time. is it possible to apply for both? does it mean that if my E Pass application is rejected they will automatically proceed and consider the S Pass?

I checked the EP online and the screen only showing that the application is E Pass and not showing both. anybody have the same experience or maybe can help me on this?

Thanks!

@rhanjo27

>>I got informed by my employer that they are applying for both E Pass and S Pass at the same time. is it possible to apply for both? does it mean that if my E Pass application is rejected they will automatically proceed and consider the S Pass?

I believe your employer is referring to ticking the option in the E-pass application form where they will consider the candidate for S-pass in case E-pass appln is not successful. The same E-pass application, will consider and assess you for S-pass in case you do not qualify/succeed to get a e-pass.

just curious, are you in indonesia or singapore?

Hi @rtheone

Thanks for your kind explanation...
current status is still pending, wish I could hear a good news about it around next week :)

karencaution wrote:

just curious, are you in indonesia or singapore?

Hi @karencaution,

currently I'm still in Indonesia. waiting for the work pass application and entry approval *fingercross*.
wish it'll go smooth as now Singapore gov is easing the border from Malay and Indo :)

how about you?

rhanjo27 wrote:

Yes, it has been - not only once.

rhanjo27 wrote:

I got informed by my employer that they are applying for both E Pass and S Pass at the same time. is it possible to apply for both? does it mean that if my E Pass application is rejected they will automatically proceed and consider the S Pass?

Yes, it is possible, and Yes, that's how it works.

beppi wrote:
rhanjo27 wrote:

Yes, it has been - not only once.

rhanjo27 wrote:

Yes, it is possible, and Yes, that's how it works.

Hi @Beppi,

thanks for the answer :)
anyway, re with the EP Online screen, when MOM end up granted me with the S Pass, is there any changes in the screen like showing S pass is the approved one or will it only show that the E Pass is rejected? 

Thanks in advance

It will show "approved" - for MoM S-Pass is a kind of employment pass (EP).

noted on that.
thanks a lot for your explanation @Beppi, really helpful!
:)

im in singapore but considering quitting my job and go back to indo. theres an employer that would still apply for my s pass even if i go back, but the HR said theres 1 candidate from indonesia who already got her IPA letter in May but its hard to get entry to sg. do inform us if you able to go to singapore, its interesting

karencaution wrote:

im in singapore but considering quitting my job and go back to indo. theres an employer that would still apply for my s pass even if i go back, but the HR said theres 1 candidate from indonesia who already got her IPA letter in May but its hard to get entry to sg. do inform us if you able to go to singapore, its interesting

Sure, I'll update the process here.
correct me if I'm wrong, But I think it's impossible for Indonesian to relocate to SG in May as SG gov restricting all indonesian even for transit. However on the publication last week, as per Nov 1 they are now giving indonesian limited approval. In addition to that I think on Oct 23, SG gov announce that they are now easing that "limited" approval and put Indonesia in category 3 together with Malaysia. Maybe the candidate can now try her luck to apply for the entry approval :)

I'm not that confident also to enter SG in lightning speed, but after all these news, I think now it's a good chance :)

anyway, what's industry are u working for in SG?

im a software engineer. HBU?

Hi.
I'd like to provide update of my current status

Oct 14 - apply
Oct 26 - rejected

reason for rejection: "the candidate is not eligible for a workpass"
for the reason it was provided by the employer have no clue what to do next. if there's any way to check the reason by ourselves? is it like a death sentence for me?

I feel upset because I never had any problem in entering or departing from Singapore. I never did anything against the law of Singapore. currently I'm trying to reach ICA to know whether there's misunderstanding (just in case they have adverse log on me). will the ICA answer my query?

Just today, somehow I got the offer as well from my previous employer (big4 company) to work in SG office, is it worth to try considering this result? Is there any window period that disallow you to apply for another pass after rejection?

Also check with MoM - the adverse record may be with them or ICA!
This must be cleared before any employer tries to apply for your work pass again.
Good luck!

beppi wrote:

Also check with MoM - the adverse record may be with them or ICA!
This must be cleared before any employer tries to apply for your work pass again.
Good luck!

Thanks Beppi.

I've never been employed in Singapore before. I think the chance of having adverse records in MoM is quite slim. however, my employer is trying to reach MoM to ensure everything. I sent an email to ICA and plan to call them if there's no reply from them.

I'll keep updating my status to contribute to this forum :)

Hi,

I'd like to update my current status.
I called ICA and asked is there any adverse record under my name. However I couldn't get any clear answer and they only said that if I had never experience any problem in entering or departing from SG, means there's nothing to be worried.

After contemplating for a while, I just realize that we made a big mistake that maybe lead to this rejection. Maybe I also need others opinion on this whether this issue could lead me to get the rejection with such sentence.

1. the name in my passport is different from other documents (e.g. transcript, certificate, birth certificate, etc.) the only different is the name in the passport is using my full name while the rest of my document only stating my first name without family name (following the birth certificate). for this, we did not provide MoM an explanation letter as prescribed in the MoM website.

2. I notice the difference in those documents long-time ago and I made a lawfully action by adding my family name in my birth certificate and for that I have the proof from the lawcourt in Indonesia. However, we did not provide this lawcourt deed to MoM.

3. in conjunction with no.2, the revision in my birth certificate is in the form of footnote and written in Indonesian language which we did not provide the translation to MoM.

these mistakes happened purely because both the employer and I were in limbo. they never had such experience and this is also the first time for me to apply work pass in SG. long story short, they don't want to go for appeal and we both agree to rescinded the offer.

now, as everything is over with them, my employer in Indonesia is trying to transfer me to SG office and we have agreed on the terms and condition. as for, when the admin things has been settled, I plan to apply another pass next month and this time I wish I could get a different result.

lil background for next application:

employer: audit big4 firm
title: Assistant Manager
salary: SGD5500/month
experience: 7yrs
degree: bachelor degree

Hello! Hope your applications gets approved. I have been waiting for mine as well.

It was applied ln october 8th, then MOM asked for more information on the 20th.

Now, the status is still pending. Hopefully i get mine approved soon, so i can process my exit pass in my country.

rachtanchua wrote:

Hello! Hope your applications gets approved. I have been waiting for mine as well.

It was applied ln october 8th, then MOM asked for more information on the 20th.

Now, the status is still pending. Hopefully i get mine approved soon, so i can process my exit pass in my country.

Hello!
wish you will got your approval soon. all the best for you.

a little update from me,
ICA replied my email saying that there's no adverse record under my name.
I've never been employed before in SG, hence I presume MoM should not have any adverse record on me as well.
these facts confuse me why I am not eligible and make me believe the reasons in my previous update is the root problem.

Any document you provide to MoM to support your application must be in English, plus endorsed by your embassy in SG if you already here. Else get it done proactively in Indonesia (notarized documents)- also in your case, would suggest you do a background verification via the 4 vetted agencies so as to avoid any issues later on because of the incomplete name. Your application is bound to get flagged unless you have righteous supporting documents in English.

Shekhz wrote:

Any document you provide to MoM to support your application must be in English, plus endorsed by your embassy in SG if you already here. Else get it done proactively in Indonesia (notarized documents)- also in your case, would suggest you do a background verification via the 4 vetted agencies so as to avoid any issues later on because of the incomplete name. Your application is bound to get flagged unless you have righteous supporting documents in English.

Hi Shekhz,

Kindly need ur advice on these

1. I'm now preparing the translation documents. However, should it be done and notarized in Indonesia through certified translation agency or should I find translation agency in singapore and notarized in Indonesia?

2. May I know those 4 vetted agencies?

Thanks for ur kind help Shekhz! :)

rhanjo27 wrote:
Shekhz wrote:

Hi Shekhz,

Kindly need ur advice on these

1. I'm now preparing the translation documents. However, should it be done and notarized in Indonesia through certified translation agency or should I find translation agency in singapore and notarized in Indonesia?

2. May I know those 4 vetted agencies?

Thanks for ur kind help Shekhz! :)

It's on the MoM page, https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/work-pass-ge … ion-proof, also discussed as a thread on this forum. Please do a search instead and read through to see which one suits your purpose.

Engage one of these agencies and they will assist with the righteous way of getting your documents translated. If not mistaken, only when you are in Singapore you use the embassy to get your documents attested. Since you are in Indonesia, get it done via the righteous channels/ accredited offices.

Thank you! have you submitted your appeal for rejection?

i'm still waiting for my result and it's the 4th week this week.
my application got submitted on Oct 8th.
asked for additional doc (my CV) on the 20th

till now, still pending.

anyone got approved recently?

Hi,

I'm a recent masters graduate from a local uni
Degree from NAFA
Dip from NP
living here since 6 years old

I've applied ep on 22/10/2021 as I am going to work in my school as a researcher, may I know how long it would take for the results? :( my stp expires on 4th dec. Current status is “inputs from other agencies”

Thanks!

Just got approved today.  :)

rachtanchua wrote:

Congrats!!
mine is still on-going, hope can hear good news too.
I heard from my previous prospective employer it's quite difficult to migrate people from Indonesia, they do have quota and applied for three indonesian. however, the result are all the same, rejection with that particular sentence (the candidate is not eligible for work pass). on the other hand, they do apply for two malaysian and all approved.

therefore, the employer come to a conclusion that MoM is limiting approval for certain country and it's something they could not change. best option is to wait until everything is getting better.

anyway, may I know where you come from?

rhanjo27 wrote:
rachtanchua wrote:

Congrats!!
mine is still on-going, hope can hear good news too.
I heard from my previous prospective employer it's quite difficult to migrate people from Indonesia, they do have quota and applied for three indonesian. however, the result are all the same, rejection with that particular sentence (the candidate is not eligible for work pass). on the other hand, they do apply for two malaysian and all approved.

therefore, the employer come to a conclusion that MoM is limiting approval for certain country and it's something they could not change. best option is to wait until everything is getting better.

anyway, may I know where you come from?

it is actually true. i am from the Philippines and i have heard the same thing too due to my country.
you need to have a specialized skill that locals don't have to be able to get approved.

it just so happen that luckily, i do have 10+ years of specialization on the technology i got the job in. otherwise, i would also get rejected.

just wait, prayers for your fast approval