New EPass approvals - Sep 2021

beppi wrote:
madmak wrote:

Salary - $35K+

If that is the monthly figure, it is far above all thresholds where MoM makes any checks at all - their rationale is if a company is willing to pay such an extreme salary, there must be a good reason and the application is just waved through.

That is a lot, probably a very specific and niche job position hence the fast approval...

That makes sense! Does anyone have any experience in getting vaccination certificate from HPB for kids? Cannot apply for DP without it and seems like it takes 5 weeks+ to get it.

Awesome, congrats both.

madmak wrote:

That makes sense! Does anyone have any experience in getting vaccination certificate from HPB for kids? Cannot apply for DP without it and seems like it takes 5 weeks+ to get it.

No own experience, but there were some threads about it on the forum, which you might want to read (and ask questions there).

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if there's any negative perception by MOM if my current EP was successfully renewed and issued and then new company applied for my EP - will that effect my approval chances for the new EP?

Ive been with my current company for 2 years already FYI

Newbie3201 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if there's any negative perception by MOM if my current EP was successfully renewed and issued and then new company applied for my EP - will that effect my approval chances for the new EP?

Ive been with my current company for 2 years already FYI

Hi newbie3201, i was exactly in the same situation as you. Unfortunately, my application for new EP had rejected. Now in appealing status which took more than 2 weeks dy...

Hi, just wanted to update.

EP approval timeline:

21/9/2021 - EP Applied
1/10/2021 - EP Approved

Congrats to everyone and all the best!

Newbie3201 wrote:

Hi, just wanted to update.

EP approval timeline:

21/9/2021 - EP Applied
1/10/2021 - EP Approved

Congrats to everyone and all the best!

Congraz! This was fast!

So many Congratulations over there !
Care to share your background a little bit ?
Industry, salary, applied by company or via consultantcy, your current location , experience ?

Hi everyone, really learned a lot these days from this forum, and I'd share my experience  below.

EP applied: 16 Sep
EP rejected:  27 Sep
Industry: IT
Reason: Checked with HR but no explanation about the rejection reason, only said that they would submit the appeal letter soon.

I'm guessing that one of the possible reasons is salary hike since the offer is almost 40% more than my current salary, which I was a bit concerned when talked with the HR before, but they told me no worry since they would provide a justification  for MOM at that time.  It's disappointing to see the rejection and no idea why the HR would not share the rejection reason with me, they didn't asked me to provide any documents or do anything. Seems I can do nothing for now but waiting...

one question about the salary that MOM required should include allowance or not? The Basic salary and allowance are separately stated in my offer letter, and HR told me they would submit the number of both basic pay and allowance for EP application.

MoM only considers basic pay.

If employer is silent about the rejection reason, in most cases and probability it is something to do with the employer related details/ inputs.

Also, as Beppi rightly pointed, only basic salary is what is looked at.

Thanks Shekhz and Beppi,

If so, would say that there's still a high chance to appeal successfully if it is related to the employer after they further input and submitted?

Hi guys just want to update!

My EP Got approved today! Timeline as follows

Applied : 3/9/21
Approved : 1/10/21

Nationality : Indonesian

Goodluck guys!

I saw some patterns for our Indonesian friends, it's usually 16-18 days from we need inputs... happened to me and several others when I read the posts here in expat.com. It's just statistical observation, and not to be taken as a rule. Goodluck everyone and thanks beppi and shekhz always for always helping!

No problem.

Industry: Media Digital Marketing

Experience: 4 years

Salary: 35% increase.

As Beppi and all posters normally mention, it's clear that percentage hike would just need to be adjusted and in accordance with market rate mainly.

All the best to everyone waiting.

Hi,
My EP just got approved yesterday after one month plus since the start of application. I'm a Malaysian working  in the hospitality industry and got a new job offered in Singapore. Below are my timeline of my EP application:
12th Aug 2021: Applied EP
20th Aug 2021: EP rejected due to adverse record. Adverse record was about a medically unfit issue which concerns would affect job performance. Appealed on the same day to inform that medical issues won't be affecting job performance.
6th Sep 2021: Follow up on company on updates from MOM.
7th Sep 2021: MOM says needs more time to review. Will get back within the next 3 weeks.
30th Sep 2021: Told company to expedite with MOM as urgent hiring in need to start work soon. Company called MOM and said officer will expedite on the application.
1st Oct 2021: Appealed successful and approved.

Total took 49 days to approve since application.

If waiting from MOM takes too long need to ask company to expedite with MOM as MOM takes relatively long sometimes. Not sure why some applications takes very fast and some relatively long. While waiting patiently for reply has a limit, if takes too long better follow up and expedite.

Joshua Ching wrote:

Hi,
My EP just got approved yesterday after one month plus since the start of application. I'm a Malaysian working  in the hospitality industry and got a new job offered in Singapore. Below are my timeline of my EP application:
12th Aug 2021: Applied EP
20th Aug 2021: EP rejected due to adverse record. Adverse record was about a medically unfit issue which concerns would affect job performance. Appealed on the same day to inform that medical issues won't be affecting job performance.
6th Sep 2021: Follow up on company on updates from MOM.
7th Sep 2021: MOM says needs more time to review. Will get back within the next 3 weeks.
30th Sep 2021: Told company to expedite with MOM as urgent hiring in need to start work soon. Company called MOM and said officer will expedite on the application.
1st Oct 2021: Appealed successful and approved.

Total took 49 days to approve since application.

If waiting from MOM takes too long need to ask company to expedite with MOM as MOM takes relatively long sometimes. Not sure why some applications takes very fast and some relatively long. While waiting patiently for reply has a limit, if takes too long better follow up and expedite.

Hi Joshua ! So Happy for You ! A long wait for you finally comes to fruitful end !
But, I was kinda thrown off by the 'medically unfit' issue.. what does it exactly entail ? Does it mean that some of your previous employers informed that to MoM or was it something they discovered about you somehow ?
What exactly do these 'adverse records' imply ? Do they anyhow relate to 'misconduct' ? Any insight into this ?
I am very surprised by this update, honestly...never read/heard about it from anyone ever...so very much intrigued to find about it in much more detail.

Adverse record may not be an offensive issue that your previous employer reports to MOM about you about. If it's something that is reported about you then you'll be notified about. But some adverse record may not be disclosed to you as MOM keeps it confidential.

I was shocked to know about me having an adverse record which keeps me concern about that I even went to MOM office to find out what is it about and MOM can't even disclose it to me. MOM can only disclose it to the hiring company and needs to be cleared before issuing the next work pass.

For my case of adverse record, it's because my previous medical examination that I have very poor eye sight that can't be cured. The doctor said I couldn't be a pilot or an electrician and so I was banned to work in these fields in Singapore. But since I was only working in F&B which my eye sight wouldn't affect me. Previously when I was renewing my work permit I had no issues with it as I was only working in F&B all these while. I was very surprised when my new company upgrades to EP for me that it was affected and they brought it up and so my EP was rejected at first. And so needed my hiring company to appeal and explaining that they are aware of the issue and wouldn't affect my job performance.

I am now relieved that the adverse record is cleared now and to find out what was it about. You could say an adverse record is also a concern for MOM that it would affect manpower in Singapore which could effect their performances. I do aware as well that my case is unusual because usually rejections are usually criteria are not met. Happy to share my unusual case.

Joshua Ching wrote:

Adverse record may not be an offensive issue that your previous employer reports to MOM about you about. If it's something that is reported about you then you'll be notified about. But some adverse record may not be disclosed to you as MOM keeps it confidential.

I was shocked to know about me having an adverse record which keeps me concern about that I even went to MOM office to find out what is it about and MOM can't even disclose it to me. MOM can only disclose it to the hiring company and needs to be cleared before issuing the next work pass.

For my case of adverse record, it's because my previous medical examination that I have very poor eye sight that can't be cured. The doctor said I couldn't be a pilot or an electrician and so I was banned to work in these fields in Singapore. But since I was only working in F&B which my eye sight wouldn't affect me. Previously when I was renewing my work permit I had no issues with it as I was only working in F&B all these while. I was very surprised when my new company upgrades to EP for me that it was affected and they brought it up and so my EP was rejected at first. And so needed my hiring company to appeal and explaining that they are aware of the issue and wouldn't affect my job performance.

I am now relieved that the adverse record is cleared now and to find out what was it about. You could say an adverse record is also a concern for MOM that it would affect manpower in Singapore which could effect their performances. I do aware as well that my case is unusual because usually rejections are usually criteria are not met. Happy to share my unusual case.

WOWOWOWOW ! Thats really something new to me.

Plus, managed to dig in a thread in this portal from 2015 detailing some things about 'adverse records'.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … %20issues.

But, three cheers for You mate !
Have a great weekend and enjoy the renewed life in SG !

Hello,
Just wanted to check if you got your EP or not yet
I applied on the 1st of september and it is still pending

Did MoM mentioned that your application is rejected? Or does asking for additional documents means its rejected the first time?

I also want to share that my EP got approved today.

Date of application : 30 July
Mom ask extra document :20 August
Approved : 4 October

Total took 65 day .

msxiaotian wrote:

I also want to share that my EP got approved today.

Date of application : 30 July
Mom ask extra document :20 August
Approved : 4 October

Total took 65 day .

Hi there !
Congrats on this !
Can share more information as to whats your profile , salary hike % and what extra documents MOM asked for ? Plus, did your company apply for the EP or was it via a consultantcy ?

Shekhz wrote:

If employer is silent about the rejection reason, in most cases and probability it is something to do with the employer related details/ inputs.

Follow up to my previous guess, my new HR have informed me that the rejection reason is the higher salary and they are working on the appeal letter which I think is a justification for that. Since I saw many similar rejection reasons of salary hike in the forum, not sure the chance of successful appeal if the employer can provide a good justification? It is a MNC in IT industry, I think they are experienced in hiring foreigners..

Rich99 wrote:
Shekhz wrote:

Follow up to my previous guess, my new HR have informed me that the rejection reason is the higher salary and they are working on the appeal letter which I think is a justification for that. Since I saw many similar rejection reasons of salary hike in the forum, not sure the chance of successful appeal if the employer can provide a good justification? It is a MNC in IT industry, I think they are experienced in hiring foreigners..

HI Rich !
Hope your appeal comes through !
Can you confirm, how much salary hike is given to you by the new company ?

packetyacht wrote:
Rich99 wrote:
Shekhz wrote:

HI Rich !

more than 30%

Salary hikes don't have any standard, if justified well, approvals sure come through.

Rich99 wrote:
packetyacht wrote:
Rich99 wrote:

HI Rich !

more than 30%

Ok !
Wish you and all of us all the best, man !

Shekhz wrote:

Salary hikes don't have any standard, if justified well, approvals sure come through.

Hi,
I am just wondering about this since past few days..
What exact justification would the HRs be giving for hikes ?

If You were the company/HR, what exact justification would You give for a salary hike above 30% ?
I am at loss of ideas when it comes to this.
Any insights into this ?

Hello all,

Iam silent reader of this forum. Iam selected by my Bank for job in Singapore.
Iam Post graduate from recognised Univ. I have 10 years of banking experience. Salry in about 8500SGD
My bank HR says they are yet to apply for EP.

Can anyone tell what are my chances for approval of EP

Johncena89 wrote:

Can anyone tell what are my chances for approval of EP

Check the SAT!
Without knowing your complete background, nobody here will be able to tell.

JohnCena89: Chances of approval is based on several factors, from company background, financials, fair hiring practices, quota/ ratio of pass holders versus locals, your background and skills, salary etc.

packetyacht wrote:
Shekhz wrote:

Hi,

If You were the company/HR, what exact justification would You give for a salary hike above 30% ?
Any insights into this ?

Search this forum, you need to make some efforts - it's all in here. I have answered a few times and so have a few others.

Shekhz wrote:
packetyacht wrote:
Shekhz wrote:

Hi,

Any insights into this ?

Search this forum, you need to make some efforts - it's all in here. I have answered a few times and so have a few others.

Any 'keywords' to search the forum for this ?
Tried searching with 'justification', didnt find any relevant posts on this..

Read through this thread, https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 49&p=4

Shekhz wrote:

Read through this thread, https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 49&p=4

Thanks for the link, although, I dont think u 'read' my query.

My query was, "What exact justification would the HRs/Companies be giving for big salary hikes ?"

Nowhere in the URL, you shared sheds any light on the justifications from companies.
No issue, if there is no clear cut answer to this.  :)

For sure you haven't invested time to read through the posts on this thread. Can't help you do so, if you can't make an earnest effort.

Just so you know, It's all there. Exactly why I shared the link.

We can't help you write a justification (clear cut reply) but offer guidance for free, it's for you to make that effort to spend some time and search/ read through the rich info.

Noted, Shekhz  :D

Thanku sir,

I have checked SAT . It shows me qualified for EP.

Just share that my EP got approved today.

Date of application : 24 Sep. But the employer had queued for ca. 8 weeks before submitted the application of my EP.